****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

I have a friend who would have it if we went away although a holiday looks impossible at the minute cost wise we had a cat when I got pregnant my allergies really played up and I couldn't take anything so had to give her away she was long haired thing that's what caused it xx

Tbh I would never have got a dog if I'd known how much work they are, the dog hair drives me mad, we've got a king Charles spaniel called Teddy who'll be 3 in August, he's Casey's best friend and he's a lovely natured dog but the constant barking when someone knocks on the door is so annoying, he goes on and on and its impossible to speak and be heard, vet said nothing you can do he's a yappy breed, I picked him cause of his nature which is the sweetest in the world but as a puppy he needed constant care and I could never do with the toilet training etc now, I can't really reach the floor too well!! Xxxxx

We have a long haired cat too, we have had her for almost 14 years.

Am in the middle of doing my diabetes test. Was going to do it on Monday but thought i would just get it over with today. I had blood work, had the 75mg sugar drink, have had the 1 hour post blood test and in 30m get to do the 2 hour post hour blood test. It was thoroughly disgusting. Baby was having a party in my tummy but seems to be settling down now.

Livi is obsessed with dogs..i would like one when the kids are a bit older and once the cat is dead but DH is adamant that we are never getting one.

Well as mine are up a bit I thought It was a good time as they could walk it if I couldn't but oh is being a nob about it as he is with everything lol xx

Dd 12 walks Teddy but that's it, still would rather not have one lol. Too much hard work. Not looking forward to my diabetes test at all xxxx

I have now been diagnosed with gestational diabetes after today's test. Might I just say F***.

My MW is making a referral to the gestational diabetes clinic. Poop.

And my Ferritin was only 5, with a low Hemoglobin.

Oh no goddess I'm really sorry, on a positive at least they've picked it up? I am sorry hun, have a feeling I will be the same you know with my age and weight xxxxx

I have age, weight and PCOS as risk factors. Quite frankly I am surprised I never had it before. Athe results were not awful basically fasting glucose was 5.1 which is the cut off between gd and none. The 1 hoyr post was 10 which is the borderline #, the 2 hour post was 6.5 which was fine.

I totally missed some of this thread lol

Goddess :( for the test results I have never had it but pretty sure ill have it this time too xx

Goddess what happens now then if you are borderline? Do you receive medication or do they just monitor you? Yes I think my age now and weight are gunna mean my results won't be good:( last pregnancy I was a size 8 and almost 6 years younger so I'm not expecting brill numbers myself xxxx

They told me that I tested positive for 2/3 of the numbers so they do classify it as GD although its borderline. I will referred to the GD clinic, they will give me a blood sugar monitor and I will probably test my sugars for a couple of weeks and be careful with my diet which needs to be complex carbs, minimal carbs, nothing white. Lots of protein and specific veggies and not too many fruits.

Have an awful cold and feel like shit today but I had to come into work to get a tonne of stuff done this morning.

I'm just thinking I didn't have the test with ds3&4 and they were quite big compared to ds
1&2 they were 7lb 11 and ds3&4 were 9lb 8 and 9lb 1 could I of had it and not been diagnosed as the test wasn't done just that's a big jump with them all being from the exact same gene Pool if you know what I mean xx

Ill dread the having to choose carefully about what to eat if I have it cause I love pasta and jacket potatoes or are they ok xx

We eat more pasta and potatoes than anything else! Casey was the same 9lb 1 when girls were 6 2 and 7 6 but then girls have a different dad and dh was 9 8 so that could equally explain it! So sick today and heat swelling my legs even with my stockings on but without them I'd have two elephant legs lol. I'm now going for my gd test on 18th at 9, mw rang today they were double booking everyone so had app changedxxxxx

Brown pasta is ok in very small amounts, jacket potatoes are not, you basically need to eat foods low on the GI index.
It sounds possible to me Hannah that you might have had it with the bigger babies..

Risk factors now are
over 35
high bmi esp over 30
any hormonal imbalances ie/PCOS
previous high birth weight babies over 9lb
and a few others but cant remember

I will try and eat better, had a tuna salad sandwich and bottle of water for lunch, but at the moment am eating some S&V crisps.

It is pretty stinky..I could not have eaten it about a month ago.

All you can do is your best. They will give you diet sheets. Basically they want your meals being mainly protein and veggies (although not carrots/corn/peas as all high GI) some fat and small carb. No sweets, cakes, biscuits, crisps, fizzy pop, processed food high in sugar. breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner, bedtime snack all to keep your sugars on an even keel.

I will know more once I go to clinic but this is just some research i have been doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->