October 2015 and Beyond...8 BFPs!!!

I've been waiting to update until I could stop being bounced around doctor offices and get some answers. So tonight, our good news became bad news and more confusion.

The good news was that my pregnancy numbers went from 5000 to over 9000 in the last two days, so the pregnancy is still continuing. I stopped bleeding yesterday completely. And my ovary doesn't seem to be bleeding more. So signs of miscarriage are lessening.

But, they insist that at over 9000, they should be able to see signs of a baby. Even though I'm only three weeks, even though the ultrasound tech herself said at the beginning that there was no way she'd see the baby at only 3 weeks, all the doctors keep pushing and pushing that they should be able to see something.

So exploratory surgery to look in the tube is becoming more of a possibility. I was trying to resist it, because I'm in no pain, my numbers are going up, and I don't have many signs of anything bad happening. But with how bad my stress and anxiety is over this and them constantly pushing and making me afraid that this is both life threatening or could make me infertile, I'm starting to give in.

I'm going back to my ob/gyn that did my cancer surgeries on my other ovary 8 years ago in the morning to get his opinion. He'll either say to take the wait and see approach, or will want to be cautious about my only ovary/tube left. If he agrees a surgery is needed, I'll be having him do it.

So I should know more tomorrow. I might not get on, so if you don't hear from me, it's because I'll be in the hospital getting the surgery done and getting answers.

Prayers are greatly appreciated!

Many many prayers for you sugar! You are in my thoughts and I wish you more than the best!

Giggle, I will be testing in the 18th of i don't get af. The 18th is when my period is due. If I don't have menstrual cramping a couple days before af is due, I will be happy. That's how I knew last month she was on her way, and the month before that! I'm just hoping my month is coming soon :/

I can't ignore it anymore....I have menstrual like cramping with ewcm. What does it all mean?!?!?! lol. Gahhhhh!

Sugar, what a mess. Honestly, i would do the wait and see approach but i think getting an opinion from a trusted doctor is a great idea. Personally i'd be afraid of surgery ending an otherwise viable pregnancy...did they say that was a risk?

Bw, i had bad af cramping with my son. It can be a good symptom!

Sugar! I hav been following everything since New Years and all my prayers are with you.

I'm not sure if this will make you feel a bit better but I had an ultrasound today to check my pelvic to see why I can't get pregnant and even tho tech didn't share anything with me, I asked her if she could see a baby sac since my period this month only lasted a day and I hav been having af cramps and boob pain. She said it's too early to see anything, if I'm pregnant then I would be 4 weeks and couple days pregnant, almost 5. Chances are I'm not pregnant but the tech said it's too early to see anything, especially u are 3 weeks only!

Thanks everyone!

Updating with both good and bad news. Good news is my trusted doctor totally disagreed with the surgery and did not recommend it. Since he fought like crazy to make sure I'd keep my last remaining ovary/tube when I had cancer, I definitely trust his call. He couldn't say anything bad about the other doctors, but it seemed like he was trying to say that they were acting surgery hungry and it was too premature to be going in with barely any symptoms.

He said three weeks is early, but hCG over 9000 should result in something. He said instead of ectopic, he thinks I'm going to miscarry. Sure enough, I've been bleeding today. I thought at first it was because the ultrasound tech was so rough on me yesterday, she really battered me up and shoved on where the blood in my abdomen is. But the bleeding is becoming more than just spotting now and it's all old looking, which my doctor said is in line with miscarriage.

Sugar, hoping that baby is where it should be and prayers to you. I think I'm out, starting spotting. I felt like my period was coming last week. I could tell, but still disappointing:(

Oh no, sorry to you both :( i hope by some chance the spotting is nothing negative for both of you :hugs:

How is this ttc malarky so hard and hearbreaking? If our bodies are "meant" to do it, why does it take forever, or get taken away?

It's so tough. I'm so sorry ladies.

Oh no, sorry to you both :( i hope by some chance the spotting is nothing negative for both of you :hugs:

How is this ttc malarky so hard and hearbreaking? If our bodies are "meant" to do it, why does it take forever, or get taken away?

It's so tough. I'm so sorry ladies.

It is so frustrating. I have a 2.5 year old, we got pregnant on accident. So now of course when we're actually trying, we aren't getting pregnant. I know I need patience but it's hard.

Prayers prayers and more prayers for you sugar! It is nice to have a doctor that you trust with your life. They're so easy to confide in, and just somehow make you feel better even through the hard stuff. I hope everything works out for you one way or another.

I'm on cd19 today. We've dtd cd15 up to and including today, and will hopefully get to do it tomorrow too. After tomorrow I won't be trying to get any bding in unless it's just out of desire, not to get pregnant. If nothing happens this cycle, I don't know if I will come to us to make an effort. I may just go about my life and when it happens, it happens. Past months we haven't really tried too hard, but have tried. This month I feel like I've covered my bases. I was getting some pretty good cramping yesterday, and I remember it happening last month too. I'm not sure what it is, but it was in my back really bad, like when I get my period. I know it wasn't implantation obviously or even ovulation pains. I just wish I knew why it was happening. We will see I suppose!

How is everyone else doing?

Can't wait to get happy stories in here! Even though I've mainly been talking about myself, I've been keeping up with everyone else. I can't wait for happy bfps!

Afm, I'm bleeding more with little clots, so it seems like a natural miscarriage. My old doctor that was pushing surgery tried to say that it still doesn't mean it's not an ectopic and to have surgery quick while he's on call (every doctor in that hospital agreed that I needed surgery only while they were on call, like they only wanted me to do it if they could be the ones to grab it). I'm still trusting my doctor that's saw me through near death and beyond. The other doctor actually called him to persuade him to let him do surgery on me, and he didn't back down. When I called to report the miscarriage symptoms, he said that what was happening was exactly what he expected and everything is still normal.

It really sucks that I'm miscarrying. The threat of ectopic is distracting me, its making me not mourn so heavily yet. I think it'll hit me hard in a few weeks.

Keep your head up sugar. It'll be worth it in the end. It may not seem like it now, but it will. 5 years ago I miscarried at 16 weeks. Today I have a beautiful 4 year old daughter. That miscarriage gave me her. I promise there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Bw, that is a tragic but lovely and touching story. I'm sorry for your loss but happy it all turned out well <3

Sugars, :hugs: so sorry you didn't have a better outcome. Are you permitted to start ttc again right away?

And to imagine I went through all of that at the young age of 19! It was horrible. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Sugar I hope you can start ttc again soon. Hopefully it doesn't delay much. You are in my thoughts!

Thanks everyone!

Bw, sorry to hear of your loss! I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks, and accidentally got pregnant only two months later. That's my amazing little boy. As devastated as I was to lose our Elizabeth, our son is our world and I'm grateful to have him. It's so odd to know that had my previous pregnancy worked out, he wouldn't exist.

I haven't talked to the doctor yet because I want to make sure I get through this with fertility before asking when I can resume ttc, but DH and I are thinking of waiting until April if we do. After all this, I'm a bit traumatized. I definitely won't be ready for a pregnancy in February. And March is when I got pregnant with my son, and we don't want to have another around Christmas baby. So April it would be. It sucks, because I so wanted to be pregnant asap, but it's just not in the cards right now.

My doctor said he does believe I have a tubal, but with all the signs that it's all taking care of itself. Tomorrow I get more tests now, and it'll see if he's right. Either my body is already taking care of it by itself, or I'll need help with surgery. Surgery will mean that I likely won't be having any more kids. I have no idea how I would deal with that, so I'm trying not to focus on it and just praying really hard that my doctor's thoughts are correct.

Sugar I have a feeling your doctor is right, your body is taking care of things and then you can move on. A good doctor would never say positive things just to get your hopes up, they will give you the truth and prepare you for what they believe will happen. I have faith!

That is very true, in my experience they make you aware of the worst case scenario but give you what they believe to be the most likely one. He's probably right.

Hi ladies! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Cd 21 here, and I'm not symptom spotting!!!!! Lol I caught myself doing it earlier and quickly tried to stop haha. I'm obviously still hoping I'm pregnant...but I don't want to be crazy over it. Having sex the last 6 days straight was a lot of work, and I know that sounds so sad but with our kids and how my hubby works were just not used to doing it that often! Lol. How is everyone else doing? Sugar how are things?

Bw, what dpo are you?

I'm not sure what I am...could be 6dpo, or only 4dpo. My ovary strted hurting, but instead of getting super painful and then suddenly stopping (which i assume is when my egg is released), it got gradually more painful, but not horrible, then tapered off. I'm not sure i even released an egg :( i'll probably start testing monday though, even though i swore i'd hold off until next friday :dohh:

What about everyone else? When are y'all testing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->