October 2017 testers - Having an Oktoberfest - 9 BFPs and counting

Do you get blood tests at all in the UK, Pixie? With my pregnancy I had routine pre-natal blood work (it was a specific prenatal round of tests testing my thyroid, if I needed to update vaccinations, etc.). My doctor could have (and if I asked probably would have) tested my HCG as it's all on one form, she just has to check a box to ask the lab to test for it. That being said, you would usually go back a few times to check for HCG, but I think if I asked my doctor she might do it, for reassurance.

Yay, congrats on the BFP! And, of course, my condolences to everyone who's been hit by the witch since my last visit. :hugs:

Tomorrow's my testing date (10dpo). I can't believe I actually held out this long! I think it's a first!

I caved and tested today and it was a BFN. Not too surprised as it took a long time to conceive our daughter.

I'll most likely hold out to see if AF arrives now!

To everyone that's had MC in the past. What additional blood work have you done?
My Dr. Already wants to rule out extra blood work. I've only had two mc and one was when my uterus had an infection. I feel like we should try more before extra tests?

To everyone that's had MC in the past. What additional blood work have you done?
My Dr. Already wants to rule out extra blood work. I've only had two mc and one was when my uterus had an infection. I feel like we should try more before extra tests?

I've had 6 MCs and never had any additional bloodwork done. My newest midwife was a little surprised that it had never been suggested, but didn't insist on having it done. I think the most that's ever been done was hcg testing.

Multiple miscarriage can mean a variety of things from defective eggs/sperm causing chromosomal abnormalities. I personally would have someone test for the MTHFR (very similar to that if not exact) gene. That gene can cause multiple miscarriages and contribute to sensitivity to metals and high probability to vaccine reactions. That gene is present in about 6-10% of people and is a major under tested for issue. I have symptoms of having it myself.

Do you get blood tests at all in the UK, Pixie? With my pregnancy I had routine pre-natal blood work (it was a specific prenatal round of tests testing my thyroid, if I needed to update vaccinations, etc.). My doctor could have (and if I asked probably would have) tested my HCG as it's all on one form, she just has to check a box to ask the lab to test for it. That being said, you would usually go back a few times to check for HCG, but I think if I asked my doctor she might do it, for reassurance.

Yes everything except HCG, doctors have no way of referring you as HCG is no longer on the forms, and if you go hospital and they take blood, they could send it to the the lab but the lab will usually refuse to test it for HCG
As it’s too expensive (everything is free for us on NHS) no insurance needed you see, I’m sure we could pay privately for it though
They used to where I used to live(many years ago now though) but in my borough they no longer do it, not sure elsewhere around the uk

Very interesting Pixie! I’m in Canada so it’s all government paid for here as well through our provincial health plans... there’s a spot on our ‘lab work requisition’ forms for beta HCG, but it’s not really a usual test ordered unless they are checking your levels for a specific purpose. When I found out I was pregnant they didn’t order that to be tested, but it was an option on the form (along with a bajillion other things they can test your blood for). They do have, from what I recall, specifically forms for the prenatal testing that were a bit different, as you are then referred to a low risk pregnancy clinic to see an OB and not your family doctor.

Multiple miscarriage can mean a variety of things from defective eggs/sperm causing chromosomal abnormalities. I personally would have someone test for the MTHFR (very similar to that if not exact) gene. That gene can cause multiple miscarriages and contribute to sensitivity to metals and high probability to vaccine reactions. That gene is present in about 6-10% of people and is a major under tested for issue. I have symptoms of having it myself.

That's exactly what they want to test for on top of a few other tests but they're saying insurance doesn't normally cover it and it's like $600 dollars.

So I couldn't help but test again when I got home... :dohh:

Am I insane?!

Attachments

• IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 28
So I dipped a second one just to see :haha:

Attachments

• IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 37
They were most definitely negative this morning. How crazy.

I'm glad y'all see them. I literally felt insane for a minute.

That gives me some hope! I caved and tested this afternoon (with a bad hold, I'm such an idiot), with a BFN. I was planning on testing tomorrow morning with FMU at 10dpo. So maybe there's hope for me yet. ;)

Alright...i think af got me :(
I started a light spotting...and the usual headache I get every morning on my due date.
I hope more of you can still get your positives.
Dh and I will have to try for next month.

That gives me some hope! I caved and tested this afternoon (with a bad hold, I'm such an idiot), with a BFN. I was planning on testing tomorrow morning with FMU at 10dpo. So maybe there's hope for me yet. ;)

Definitely hope!! It was literally negative with 10dpo FMU and then this with after work pee the same day! Crossing my fingers!!!

I started a light spotting...and the usual headache I get every morning on my due date.

I'm so sorry. :hugs: Good luck next cycle!

Big hugs :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->