October 2017 testers - Having an Oktoberfest - 9 BFPs and counting

Dream, I've found the easiest way to inseminate at home is just to use softcups (you can order them online). They're pretty easy to pop in and they sit right next to your cervix. If you use a bit of preseed with them even better. I know some ladies will use syringes, but softcups are pretty straight forward and nothing is lost from transferring it from one place to another. They are nice in the sense that after its in you can feel free to move around and do what you want, you don't have to lay there and chill for 15 minutes waiting for those swimmers to get where they're going.

The only downside is they are a bit gross to take out the next day and some women find they have a hard time getting them out, but I never had issues with this. DH and I used them awhile back when the stress of ttc every month was wearing us down. To take the pressure off we decided we'd only BD when we felt like it and we'd just inseminate with softcups the rest of the time.

Welcome buttons!

Dream sorry I dont have experience with that. Sorry the stress is getting to your hubby. How sweet he likes to be involved in the whole process. Have you tried maybe giving him a massage to relax him before hand, or maybe a beer? (sorry not sure your stance on alchohol, hope i didnt offend)

Tested again last night and opk was a little darker than earlier in the evening. Ill be testing again in a couple hours when I get home. Now Im getting excited! I was worried I wouldnt ovulate from what I had read about cycles after a cp. not sure why I was worried though. My family is crazy fertile. My mom is one of 9. I have 32 first cousins on just her side. And my sis and 2 of my cousins never had periods and my sis only ovulates on on side....she has 3 kids, one cousin has 3 the other has 5! Anither cousin who was told she'd never have kids just had her 2nd lol

That's crazy Rach - I hope you O a little bit early!

I remember a few months ago when we started trying I asked my mom how long it took her to conceive myself and my sisters, just being curious and it was never something I thought to ask. I'm not sure if something like that is genetic but you never know. She said 1-2 months (my last sister was an oops). Lo and behold we got pregnant on our 2nd month 'trying', and sadly we miscarried in July...but I'm hoping we have that kind of luck again!

Heehee - a beer, not a bad idea Rach. I have this one annoying friend (who is pregnant of course) who keeps telling me just to get black out drunk with hubby then BD then poof you will be preggo - because that's how she happened to get pregnant. Like seriously?!?! #goaway I know that's not what you're saying of course it just reminded me of her nonsense.

OMG dream...I was talking about this to DH last night as we saw a commercial for the show Teen Mom. How in Highschool everyone makes it seem like you take your panties off in front of a man and POOF pregnant...well it doesn't work like that!! (maybe when you're 16 it does?! LOL). A friend of mine got pregnant on a blackout night drunk also...how is that even possible when here I am trying so hard and measuring and tracking everything? And she was on the pill too!

TMI LADIES SORRY !

Dream, I used a donor as you know and I tried the reusable soft cup(couldn't find the disposable ones in the uk) but couldn't get it in and out comfortably so I just stuck with the good old syringe method,

Basically he does in to cup with lid as air kills sperm quicker, and sit it at a tilted angle, then wait for it to liquefy then syringe it in, (around 10 mins) I left it in around 15 mins of the 30 mins lay down (as a plug type thing) but that's personal choice I think, but it's also best to have an orgasm before inserting so lots of discharge and also when you've inserted as orgasm makes the cervix dip downwards in to the inserted sperm and suck it in (that's where the romance side comes in with you and hubby lol)

Thanks Pixie - I was really hoping you would see my post, knowing your story.

I would say your most positive is Wednesday morning! Usually women O writhin 12-36 hours of the first positive opk. So I would say you Oed anywhere between Wednesday and this morning. Do you do any cm/cervix tracking or temping?

So I'll take it as yesterday I ovulated then? (Thursday) so today I would be 1DPO. I used to track my Cervix a lot but now not so much, CM was eggwhite on Wednesday but then I can't really tell between cm and left over sperm🙈 I've not really had anything today though just a little wet feeling. My Cervix last night was high but could still feel it, soft and open. Will check again tonight and see what it's doing, I don't temp, that would be too much for me I think xx

:hi: Just came here from the September thread. I'm on CD1... the witch got me this morning... but my estimated test date for October is the 20th.

Welcome Dill!! Fx October is the month for both of us!

I got SOLID crosshairs this morning! I know this isn't a big deal for a lot of you, but I normally get dotted crosshairs and it takes 5 or 6 days. I didn't even get crosshairs last month and BAM! solid crosshairs. *happy dance*

YAY for crosshairs!!! I'm new to FF - does dotted crosshairs just mean it's not as confident about O?

here x waiting to ovulate mc couple of weeks ago testing 8 dpo mid oct i hope gl ladies

Welcome Dill, added you to the 20th!

Dream, sorry to hear about your troubles! I don't have any experience with insemination, but I would love to hear more if you do try it.

Alligator, love your chart and determination to BD every day!! You are definitely covered this month :D

BelleNuit, also great BD timing!

Congrats on the solid crosshairs CheshireDucky! Great timing also :)

As for me, CD10 today. Ovulation related pains (I always have this a couple of days pre O). OPK negative, but not completelt blank. So our BD marathon started yesterday.

LOL Tove it's a bit embarrassing but TBH coming off the MC I had no idea when I would O, and I know I O'd early with my pregnancy, and I was terrified we would miss it. So...I made sure that wouldn't happen!!! Moving forward, if we aren't successful this month, I won't start nearly as early LOL.

Lol Alligator :D that's nothing to be embarressed about ;) I bet there have been lots of spermies hanging around waiting for that egg, so that's great :D hope you get your crosshairs soon too!

Thanks Tove! I definitely feel like we did our best...really there's not much more we could have done!! Hoping I get that solid temp rise tomorrow and crosshairs soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->