October 2018 Bumpkins!

Yikes Rafferty I would be begging my doctor to induce me with blood like that ! Did they rule out bloody show by checking effacement and dialation ?

Had more plug come out for me yesterday but contractions seemed to stop mid afternoon and have not had any since . Tommorow is my appointment maternal fetal medicine :thumbup:
Hope everyone else is doing great I am not in the facebook group any word from Redrose ?

Ruskiegirl- it really was only blood, no mucus or anything... My cervix had been checked a few days before and they said maybe it was because of that, but I feel like that was an excuse because it was clearly fresh blood. They didn't even do an ultrasound! I don't feel like it was the best care, that being said, I've had no bleeding today (yay!) And he's moving his regular pattern... I'm feeling a little less worried now but yes, if they had offered induction or even a C-section Friday night I would have said, "yes"! Pregnancy always seems so magical and special to everyone else, but for the mom it just feels like constant fear worry and discomfort!

What they didn't do an ultrasound and claim they couldn't identify the source of the bleeding?? That is really shocking care (or lack of it)

Gosh ladies lots of scary moments over the last few days! Hope everything settles down and all the babies are ok!

AFM over here - 37 weeks today so 2.5 weeks left until c-section. Still getting lots of contractions here and there. I'm hoping she stays put until Saturday as my babysitter for DS is on holiday, OH is working away Thursday to Saturday and my backup babysitter is having family issues so is not available this week too!

No ultrasound sounds like you did not get proper csre Rafferty at least the bleeding stopped :)

Just got back from mfm . Baby is measuring in the 4th percentile 4. 2lbs but everything is measuring the same so no iugr just sga. Mfm wants to do another ultrasound in 2 weeks but I need tomeet wigh my dr Thursday and see what he feels . At this point she dropped from 9th percentile to 4th percentile in 2 weeks so I think she needs to come out but want to talk with my dr first and see what he thinks. I will update again then if nothing happens by then

I having posted in ages but thing are feeling close here. 38+2 and feeling massive. I keep feeling like baby is going to come which is exciting and scary if everyone is home and the kids are in bed I relax but doing the school run with 6 kids is getting rather worrying I so don't want to be out and alone when it starts. Everything is ready so I just need everyone to be in the right place and he can come lol I think I'm a control freak

2nd time hopefully LO waits for the perfect time !

As for me ended up at Labor and delivery yesterday . Was having contractions . Found out I was so dehydrated it was causing them. Got rehydrated and they finally stopped after about 6 hours. I am not sure how I got so dehydrated I drnk so much throughout the day but I guess not enough . The did a bpp too and she scored 8 out of 8 so that is good news.* I am thinking now just want to cook her as long as i can. If she falls more between now and my next us with maternal fetal medicine they want induction at 37 weeks . It is so hard to believe that she could be in my arms in 2 and a half weeks

Hi ladies, my little princess arrived super fast Friday morning! I was induced thursday night and no one expected me to respond so fast! I was barely in the labour room when she came shooting out!
First gel given at 11pm and i was 36 weeks 6 days. I woke every hour for the toilet til 4 when my first lot of contractions started and long or short story short she arrived at 6.06am!
Midwife didnt believe the pains were working as fast as i was telling her. She gave me pethidene at 5.30am checked me i was only 3 cm.. 10 mins later i was like something is there i need to push . She checked me again said slight change ran for wheel chair. Got downstairs by 5.55am and she said to the midwife i was 8 nearly 9 cm . They got me on tje bed . Gave me tje gas n air and i started pushing. Couldn't control myself couldn't stop pushing. And my princess arrived at 6.06am weighing a petite 5lbs 9ozs! She is feeding well. She spent 24 hours in neo natal because after a few hours her blood sugars dropped low but she kept bringing up her feeds so it was a pre caution really. But it all was ok she came home with me sunday. Shes doing well despite being small. Shes in preemie size clothes .
Here is a few of my little girl!

Attachments

• rps20180919_180344.jpg
    rps20180919_180344.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 10
  • rps20180919_180134.jpg
    rps20180919_180134.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 14
  • rps20180919_180255.jpg
    rps20180919_180255.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 10
Congrats Redrose she is beautiful , sounds like quite the rollercoaster ride hehe

Aw! Congratulations Red Rose! I'm going to get my membranes sweep today. Hopefully he comes!

Ahhh congrats red rose she's so beautiful! Happy to hear all is well!!!

Congratulations redrose!

congratulations redrose!

OH has gone away this morning for 48 hours for work. Need little lady to stay put until after saturday morning as I dont fancy going through labour on my own!

So my gd is now going to be insulin controlled it seems so late in the game for this I am scared to death to take it cause some of my numbers have been low . I have an nst today and meet with my dr hoping we can figure out a game plan for this little lady now with having to be on insulin 37 weeks inductions is seeming more like the best option . Will update when I get back . How is everyone else feeling ? :hugs:

Well, almost 24 hours since my sweep. I'm thinking it didn't work. No contractions all night. I've lost quite a but of plug, but that's about all that's happening. I really tried to kick it off, ate fresh pineapple, walked miles, bounced on the yoga ball, drank raspberry leaf tea... I'm starting to believe a sweep really only works if labor was about to happen anyway.

Nothing really happening here apart from moodswings and just a really heavy feeling in my lower abdomen and back. (Feels like my period starting). And i have some extreme pain in my pinky and ring fingers.
After a month of feeling great, I didn't expect things to go backwards so fast. But little Leila is doing great and healthy, so i am just trying to focus on that.

Just got back from the dr . We are doing an ultrasound next week if she feel in percentile again I will be induced at 36 weeks , if she did not fall I am being induced at 37 weeks . I got my first steroid shot today for her lungs and need another tommorow . Excited and scared at the same time we get to meet our little princess in 2 weeks or less !

Beautiful LO redrose! Congrats :hugs:

Well. I am another october baby born in september.
Mateo was born at 5:10am on the 20th of september. At 2:00am my waters broke very gushy hollywood style aka five beach towels were not enough to contain the mess. Arrive at hospital... only 2cm. They say since its my first baby itll tale 12hrs or so. At 4am they check I am 4cm...I ask for epidural because I felt like I was being split apart. They move me to my room where I will get my epidural at 4.20am. I throooooow myself on the ground on all 4 and I say I have to push. They say its impossible. 4 people help me back on the bed...hold and behold... I am now 10cm... 5.10am he is in my arms. No epidural or medication for this lady after all...and nobody could understand how my first ever labor lasted 3 hrs from start to finish.

But he is here. Beautiful. Healthy. 37+2 at 5.13lbs and measures 42.5cm.

We love him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180920-181704.jpg
    Screenshot_20180920-181704.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle