October babies due dates and bump colours

I had a little freak out today.. started hating the bedding I picked. Drove around to a bunch of stores and didn't find anything else in my price range that I liked. Debated making my own duvet cover and just buying crib sheets to match since the douvet at Ikea is only $16.99 but came home to find my samity waiting for me and decided I do like the bedding afterall. Didn't find curtains with blackout but I'm starting to think I could do without and then do something about it in the spring when the days get longer since light at night isn't a problem in the late fall/winter. I did manage to pick up a new diaper change table for $29! Awesome!

Doctors appointment tomorrow, hoping my amniotic fluids are doing well and I'm not restricted yet in what I'm able to do so I can go pick paint to paint on Thursday, then off for a shopping spree.. heading to Toronto to go to loads of baby warehouse and outlets stores.

Hope all are doing well.. so quiet in here. Anyone doing anything creative for the nursery they care to share pictures of? I need some ideas! I want to personalize each side of the room for the babies.

1_2.jpg

1_42.jpg

1_110.jpg

1_264.jpg

My beautiful boy the scan was amazing, he was rubbing his nose with his foot then hit himself with it oops the lady who did it tried to move his foot out the way then he got stroppy haha. He had the hiccups at start which was cute and when he got his foot back he started laughing and smiling :happydance:

WOW! Adele2011 - those photos are brilliant :) what a cutie x https://www.pic4ever.com/images/rainbowf.gif

HAPPY
https://www.commenthaven.com/glitter/zimg/09/z4e1d45be6e4d0.gif

:)

im really really wanting a 3D-4D scan now!!! hmmm 14 weeks i can wait, im sure i can wait cant I?!

View attachment 234460

View attachment 234461

View attachment 234462

View attachment 234463

My beautiful boy the scan was amazing, he was rubbing his nose with his foot then hit himself with it oops the lady who did it tried to move his foot out the way then he got stroppy haha. He had the hiccups at start which was cute and when he got his foot back he started laughing and smiling :happydance:

Awesome pictures. I had this at 28 weeks with my DD and they were amazing. I'm having my 28 week 4D scan in two weeks, can't freaking WAIT!! :)

omg i'm SO excited for my 4d scan now!!! Going to ring up and book it asap!! In fact, I think I might do it NOW!! :happydance: :dance: :happydance:

Those are STUNNING photos, he is gorgeous :kiss:

Adele, great pictures!!! thanks for sharing :)

Happy 99 days to you 20102001 too! Mummy2Tyler, you're next!

After a few really nice weeks of sleeping fairly well I have been noticing that my sleep at night is really sucking. I feel like I'm awake all night. Anyone else suffering with this again? I just cannot get comfortable.

I have my US in 3 hours.. my fingers and toes are crossed that all will be okay, with baby A specifically.

I have been sleeping poorly too. :wacko: Mostly I sleep okay until about 4:30am, then I toss and turn. Today I got up at 5:20 because I just didn't feel like trying to sleep anymore. One of these days I guess need to start going to bed early to make up for it!

Hope your babies are okay today LittleStars!

Well, I started a registry for our baby shower. No idea what to put on it! I want to register for big stuff but I'm pretty sure most friends will want to buy small gifts. I shall expect 1 million onesies. :) Oh well, then I will never have to do laundry!

beautiful pictures! I'm still trying to decide whether I should get another 4D scan done, since the first one I got was at 18 weeks, and I know LO has changed a lot since then. I had partial placenta previa at my 20-wk scan, so I need to go in for another ultrasound at the beginning of August to see whether the placenta moved out of the way (hopefully! I've heard so many horror stories about how long recovery is after a c-section).... and the clinic I'm going to also offers 4D.... now if I could just decide whether it's worth the cost-- especially since I'll be at 31-32 weeks, and LO won't have much room for wiggling around anymore.

LittleStars, I haven't started on my nursery yet because we're only moving into our new house this weekend.. but would also love to see other people's photos!
I'm starting to feel like I'm way behind with baby preparations... I haven't bought ANYTHING yet... well.. except for a Boppy.. lol. I do have the stroller, car seat, crib, swing, bassinet, bouncer.. they were all hand-me-downs... and have gotten a few other presents.. but... well.. I haven't been buying things at all, because I know there's a big shower being planned, although I have no idea for when.

Ahh.. but I'm getting scared-- seems like October isn't far away anymore at all! I've been getting more and more worried about the placenta previa, too.. wondering whether it perhaps didn't clear up and I will end up going into premature labor or something. I need to relax and quit thinking about it!

Adele, the baby is BEAUTIFUL. The laughing made me smile. What a blessed gift! I'm going to "try" to book a 3d or 4d. It's hard around here.

ZB You'd be surprised at what people buy. Some go in on a bigger items together that way it cuts the cost down. I'd put a list of small items AND the bigger items. What's not purchased at least you'll get a discount on what's left over at Target or BRU. I'll pm you and you can look at my registry to get an idea. Obviously you may have different agenda's so it all won't be the same, but at least it will give you an idea. :hugs: I also registered with an online cloth diaper company too.

You can register with a regular store and something else like a diaper company or even a photographer where registering will give you less to pay for when baby comes home and you'd like a professional pic. :winkwink:

Ooooh talking of professional pics, anyone getting any bump photos done!? we are having a photoshoot on our wedding anniversary august 22nd because we're getting a 10 dove release from our wedding day dove supplier cos we couldn't release our doves on our wedding day.. so our wedding photographer is coming to shoot that and to take some pics of the two of us plus bump and furbabies.. then he's doing a shoot at 2 weeks (god willing she is well enough) and then at 6 months and a year.. he's doing us a discounted package :thumbup:

anyone getting some proper bump pics done/had them done already?

Booking our 4d scan for 1st wednesday in august in the evening :dance: CAN'T WAIT!! xx

Ooooh talking of professional pics, anyone getting any bump photos done!? we are having a photoshoot on our wedding anniversary august 22nd because we're getting a 10 dove release from our wedding day dove supplier cos we couldn't release our doves on our wedding day.. so our wedding photographer is coming to shoot that and to take some pics of the two of us plus bump and furbabies.. then he's doing a shoot at 2 weeks (god willing she is well enough) and then at 6 months and a year.. he's doing us a discounted package :thumbup:

anyone getting some proper bump pics done/had them done already?

Booking our 4d scan for 1st wednesday in august in the evening :dance: CAN'T WAIT!! xx

No professional bump pics, we're going to save those for when Amelia is actually here since it's so expensive.

That sounds LOVELY! I can't WAIT to see the photo's when you get them. :cry::hugs::flower: It sounds just heavenly! A blessed combination to celebrate!:happydance:

I'm back from the doctors. The fluid levels between the twins are still different, with Baby A having less but the difference is slightly less pronounced and the levels appear to have slightly increased. So assuming that the growth is on track next week then I think we're good at least on that one. I got the kick in the pants about not having done my GD test yet and then told I need to start thinking about counting movements daily in a week or so. Oh joy. And how exactly am I supposed to differentiate the twins? They WERE transverse but Baby A went into a breech position on right side but is kinda hooked like a moon around Baby B who is technically transverse but mostly head down in the middle to left side. Crazy babies.

MrsK - The recovery from a c-section isn't as awful as people would have you believe. Technically you aren't supposed to exercise, have sex or drive (oh! and cleaning.. no cleaning! bonus!) for 6 weeks until you get the thumbs up from the doctor. However, with proper medication to manage the pain you will on your feet walking the halls at the hospital within a few hours (slowly) and be mostly back to yourself after a week. I bled way less and for a shorter time period compared to several of my friends who had vaginal delivery too. That was nice. I don't recommend choosing to have a c-section first time around without trying vaginal but that being said, here I am second time around after an EMCS last time and choosing to have an elective c-section because of various reasons and I'm not at all bothered by the recovery pain/time period. It's all about preparing! FX you can deliver the way YOU want and it goes according to plan. :)

Nai - No professional pictures for me and my bump.

On a final note.. I gave in and asked doctor for a prescription for heartburn. I have been max'ing out my daily allowed dose of Tums regularly for a few weeks now and can no longer stand it!

littlestars glad baby A's levels appeared a bit better that's great news :thumbup:

we're only paying £40 for our bump shoot so can't complain and we know the photographer is great cos he did such a fab job on our wedding. Then it's only £30 for the portrait sessions afterwards for LO each time - obviously we have to pay for photos after but he's going to put us together an album from bump through to 1 year so it's v affordable i think in our case.. :dance:

MA, I hope you're right and some friends will chip in together for the larger items! I'd love that. It also sounds like the grandparents want to help with larger items, but there's 2 sets of grandparents so probably stroller from one and crib from the other and that's it... oh well.

Littlestars, that is good that Baby A's fluid levels are more normal! It sounds like the twins are really tangled up in there. :haha: Your description of their positions made me laugh.

I too am getting lots of heartburn. I got it a few weeks ago and then it seemed to get better. Well now it's baaaaack. :( My DH has it really bad so he's on the hardcore medication for it (Prevacid). I'm sticking to Tums for now... I tried a Pepcid but it made my stomach hurt. :( Anyway, DH swears by Prevacid or Aciphex so I hope they help you!

No professional pics for us either... we are more of the snapshot type. :)

MA, I hope you're right and some friends will chip in together for the larger items! I'd love that. It also sounds like the grandparents want to help with larger items, but there's 2 sets of grandparents so probably stroller from one and crib from the other and that's it... oh well.

Littlestars, that is good that Baby A's fluid levels are more normal! It sounds like the twins are really tangled up in there. :haha: Your description of their positions made me laugh.

I too am getting lots of heartburn. I got it a few weeks ago and then it seemed to get better. Well now it's baaaaack. :( My DH has it really bad so he's on the hardcore medication for it (Prevacid). I'm sticking to Tums for now... I tried a Pepcid but it made my stomach hurt. :( Anyway, DH swears by Prevacid or Aciphex so I hope they help you!

No professional pics for us either... we are more of the snapshot type. :)

Prevacid. I'm on Prevacid!:happydance: I'd die if I didn't have it. I only take it at night because for some reason I wake up in the am hours with it. NEVER had it before...now it seems anything with tomatoes or peppers or even milk based products send me over the edge.

Sorry ladies. Haven't read through everything. Just a quick update on me before I get to bed. Went into the labour and delivery assessment unit tonight after having headaches and spots in my eyes all day. My BP was 141/79 which the nurse said was borderline high and combined with my headaches and spots was something to watch. About an hour later is dropped to 130/53 which she said was good but that there shouldnt be that big of a difference between the first reading after a little walking to the last reading after sitting for an hour.bThey also checked my urine and it had trace amounts of protein. So another thing to watch. I have Tongo back on Friday to get everything checked again. Hoping everything is normal on Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->