October babies due dates and bump colours

Wow, I hope everything is okay yourstruly! Take care of yourself!

We are so happy ever since Prevacid went over the counter. When it was prescription only, DH was paying about $180/month for it! :wacko: It is a miracle drug for him. But I'm not ready to try it yet myself. I guess we'll see how I feel as the months progress!

Oh no yourstruly. Sounds like signs of pre-eclampsia. Praying the next tests show up normal. :hugs:

yourstruly hope it all resolves itself and was a temporary blip :hugs:

YoursTruly, my fingers and toes are now crossed for you since I don't seem to need it anymore. Take care of yourself and take things easy between now and then.

I wanted my doctor to give me a prescription even if I could technically get the meds over the counter (which I can) because then it's covered by my insurance.

Well I'm going to go buy the paint today and I *might* do some cutting in and perhaps even a coat but most likely will leave a second coat if not the whole shabang until Monday. I don't really want to have sore shoulders and back on the weekend since I will be on a shopping marathon.

On the bright side... I'm going shopping all weekend! Woohoo! lol I even found a maternity store outlet on the way to Toronto. I soooooooo need some new clothing. I'm getting too preggers for what I've bought so far. My belly has been poking out the bottom of my t-shirts recently.

Little- glad baby A is hangin in there and getting more fluid! Does water intake help it or is that a myth? What was suggested to you to help get more fluid? Maybe a dumb questin, im not sure how our fluid is made in there!

Yours- hope its not anything bad, and you sound like ou really need some rest. Get off those feel and relax.

I had a bad dream about having my baby too early and losing it:( Was so sad about it, I hate those bad dreams!

I am so so so sos o so so so so scared about preterm labor. I have so many braston hicks all the time, and was up with crampy bump the other night for a long time- its scary. Anyone else with BH already!

BUt, how awesome it has been to watch my bump go crazy with movement and shapes each day. Love that!

Professional pics sound like a great idea! We have spent a ton on our package for the 3d pictures though since we get 2 sessions....and really want to have the newborn baby photo session, so not sure about the bump pics. Maybe. I would only do it if my daughter was in them though! She loves my bump:) Its so cute to see how she loves it and talks to it. She will rock as a big sissy.

Im with Littlestars on the c section. I didn't think it was THAT bad. Not exactly fun, but I was walking right away, and still taking care of my baby in my own room that same night rather than having her in the nursery....wasn't too aweful! Hope my second is ok too.

ADele your baby is sooooo cute. Love!

nypage - I'm not 100% sure what I'm about to say here but this is what the two nurses from last week and then this week told me about amniotic fluids... The mom drinks and eats, it gets converted into a substance that is transferred through ambilical cord, baby consumes it, goes through kidneys and into bladder. Bladder empties into the amniotic sac. The fluid collects to its most at 34 weeks and starts to decrease thereafter. Not sure how though. In the case of twins if they are both implanted in the posterior or anterior wall then likely one will have a better implantation site than the other and will get a better amount of nutrients passed through. Mine are implanted on either side so it doesn't make sense that they aren't both being fed well since they are not directly competing but the nurse thinks that it is likely that one just doesn't have as good of an implantation site regardless. Since they are fraternal twins there is no risk of transfusion betweenthe sac membranes of something like that. Hence why they were a little confuddled on the difference in fluid levels. However, the babies growth are on track at last check and equal to each other so they are hoping it just is the way it is and doesn't mean anything. As for drinking more fluids, not sure if it helped or not but it made me feel like I was helping the situation and had some level of control so that was nice. I had read about doing it on a website along with the nurse suggesting I might have been a little dehydrated.

YoursTruly- hope everything is okay, and that pre-e stays away!

LittleStars- sounds like your little ones are definitely tangled up in there! Probably not so comfortable for you, but still kinda cute :)

Thanks for the info on c-sections... I guess people always like to make things sound a lot worse than they are! I would think that maybe an emergency c section after a long, hard labor would really stink--- but I don't think I need to worry about that much. If the placenta previa doesn't clear up, I'll be going in for a planned c section at 38 or 39 weeks-- which i think has one definite up-side: I wouldn't have to wait around for labor to start, hoping that every little sign is "it".. and possibly go through the stress of going over my due date. It would be sorta nice to just know exactly when I'll have my baby-- and not have to go through the pain and repercussions of a vaginal birth at all ;-)

That being said, I would still prefer to experience a vaginal birth the first time around if possible... but if it's not possible, I don't think it'll be such a big deal. People need to stop telling me horror stories!

Bump pictures: no, not any really professional ones.. although my sister is an amateur photographer and I've been using Photoshop for years... so I'll probably try to get a few sessions in with her and see what we can come up with :)

Nypage: I've had those preterm labor dreams, too-- and wake up crying when I lose my baby. I guess it's probably a big fear for most mommies-to-be.... although I feel much better about it now that I'm at a point where LO would most likely survive, even if he would have to be in intensive care for months. My midwife told me to take it easy and not exercise too much at our last appointment because she's worried about my placenta causing problems... so I haven't done much exercising, but I just can't seem to "take it easy" otherwise, since we're about to move and all-- and our new construction needed some serious cleaning. I had lots of help from my sisters, moms and close friends.. but still ended up seriously over-working myself yesterday... so I'm completely beat today.. and my tummy is sore and makes walking soo hard. I can't wait to be all moved-in, so I can just relax and not do anything the rest of my pregnancy.. haha.. I wish. ;-) Although I do have it much easier than many of you, since I don't have any other children to care for.

Welcome Danielle!

nypage - I have been getting a lot of BH too, since about 25 weeks. They just started one night and have been going multiple times per hour since then. Once when they were really often (I had been up and about for a long long day) they were about 5 minutes apart.

Anyway, I went to see my doc and she checked my cervix and said it was nice and closed. Then she checked again at my last appt and says she will at my next appt as well. At this point I think she thinks everything is fine but is just checking for my peace of mind. It does help me feel better!

So, I am a bit afraid of pre-term labor but not too bad. Mostly I have been having dreams where I go into labor (at full term) but it happens so fast that there are no doctors there! Either at home, in the car, in the hospital waiting room, in the hospital but the doctors aren't ready for it... ugh! Watch, now I will have one of those long, several-day labors. :haha:

Little- yes, I do thnk the level of amniotic fluid can be affected by hydration level. I have heard multiple women say in the heat of the summer, they had low amniotic fluid and doc said must deliver...etc. So must be some correlation!

Does anyone have LO pushing outward so hard they sometimes think its like BH but it may not be? I know my uterus all feel hard and tight, but sometimes do not know if it is baby pushing so hard or BH.....It sometimes hurts like BH but then I suddenly feel urgent need to pee, and think that seems more like just baby pushing super hard with whole body on my tummy so when I feel it, its hard. IDK! Weird stuff happening lately.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts ladies! it worked!! No more protein. Blood pressure is still borderline and I still have to be monitored but only at the doctors office now. I have been told that i have an 80% chance of developing gestational hypertension again since I had it with my first born so i will be watched carefully

Little- yes, I do thnk the level of amniotic fluid can be affected by hydration level. I have heard multiple women say in the heat of the summer, they had low amniotic fluid and doc said must deliver...etc. So must be some correlation!

Does anyone have LO pushing outward so hard they sometimes think its like BH but it may not be? I know my uterus all feel hard and tight, but sometimes do not know if it is baby pushing so hard or BH.....It sometimes hurts like BH but then I suddenly feel urgent need to pee, and think that seems more like just baby pushing super hard with whole body on my tummy so when I feel it, its hard. IDK! Weird stuff happening lately.

Mine have been doing that all day...it feels like they are trying to get as far away from each other as possible and its making my stomach very lopsided..lol

Best day EVER so far!

Had a sonogram of Amelia today. She's 2.5 lbs and is measuring on target. My cervical length has gotten slightly longer at 2.5cm's :happydance: Even though I'm still slightly funneling above the stitch Amelia is above that and hasn't even reached the stitch. It seems as though the 17P injections and stitch are working together. :thumbup:

She's still not cooperating with her position. Seems to like breach with her bum up and her head down. Doesn't make for very good sono pics but I got my perinatologist to push for a 3D next time at 32 wks with hopes she'll cooperate than.

I've also been cleared after this week to do a little bit more. NOTHING strenuous but I can at least go to my cousins wedding and my shower. I still have to be watchful but they are excited that everything is working well so far. 28wks on Sunday and I am celebrating my daughters life. Only 12 more weeks though it could be any time now. No guarantee's however the stitch and injections stop at 36wks. Will I go preterm or will I go overdue?! :shrug: Good news is 90% mortality rate if she's born at 28wks. Heck of a difference than when I gave birth to Jackson at 22wks and had to watch him pass. Now I can breathe and start designing her precious little room. This thanksgiving and Christmas will be such a blessed one. :cry:

YES! Baby was just doing this today. DH and I were on the couch and I said, "Baby, what are you DOING in there???" I pulled up my shirt and my belly was completely lopsided. :wacko: I think he was stretching? Then DH went to touch my belly and I said, "No, don't touch it! If you touch it I'll probably pee!" :haha: :dohh:

Actually, baby was doing weird things all day. He is usually head down, with feet to one side (usually my right side). Well today I think he went feet down for a while because I was getting lots of kicks down low. Then I felt him do a somersault, maybe back to normal? I'm not sure where he's at right now. :wacko: Please stay head down baby and make this easier for both of us!

MA - that is great news about healthy Amelia, your cervix, and the okay to get up and about more! :happydance:

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is well - I still keep up to date with this thread even tho I usually don't have time to post!

So we had our 3D scan yesterday, and it was amazing! At first baby wouldn't play ball and was laid all tucked up, so I had to do some of my yoga poses and jiggle around alot, lol!! But luckily baby was then in a great position and we got some amazing photos and DVD footage :cloud9:

We also found out that we are :pink: It was so emotional, I just love being able to refer to 'her' and 'she' and calling her by name - Tessa Liana Rose :cloud9:

So we then went out and bought lots of girly things :winkwink:

I just can't wait to meet her now :happydance:

Larajj- congrats on team :pink:
Yourstruly- glad your ok and there was no more protein xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79