October babies due dates and bump colours

laraJJ would you share a pic? we are having our scan at 27 weeks too, can't wait!!

MA - Such wonderful news about amelia and the stitch, what a lovely healthy weight already!

Yours - great news!

Can't believe some of you ladies are so far along already.. i feel like the youngest in the class all over again!! :dohh: :haha:

Hey there October Mummies/Mommies :hi:

Adele - gorgeous 4d scan pics. we are booking ours today, for 3 weeks time.

Nai - i would love to get some professional bump shots done. I will look into it. what gestation would you recomend? your photo pacakage sounds wonderful. and dont worry about being "the youngest in the class" I am a few days behind you.

Littlestars - glad Baby A's fluid levels are rising. and your description of their positions made me laugh. I havent started on my nursery yet, but will let you know as soon as I start.

MA - great news that your cervix has actually lengthened, and that Baby Amelia is doing so well.

Lara - congrats on Team :pink: and your 3D scan

AFM: i finished work yesterday, and dont go back until 1st June 2012! :happydance: So now my days will be spent doing household chores, and getting everything ready for our little girl's arrival.

Hope you are all well :hugs:

Nai - I'm really sorry but DH doesn't want me to put any pics on, he won't let me on Facebook either :(

He thinks the pics are private and doesn't want to share them with the internet world :(

Sorry hun xxx

I don't put ANY pics of my son or my pregnancy on Facebook, mainly because of a psycho woman we know lol bit also cuz there are far too many rumours about wierdos stealing images off Facebook x

shelleney - i'm having my bump shoot at 30 weeks.. i'm hoping i'll have a proper established bump by then. He thought that was a good time anyway and it's our wedding anniversary so it will be all rolled into one for the dove release. And also he's taking some of us with our furbabies too (he did a similar shoot for our engagement and he got some beautiful shots, of course, at the time i thought i looked like a heiffer so goodness knows how i'll feel now at 2.5 stone heavier than then thanks to post-wedding weight gain and baby weight!!??) so it's like a family shoot (just LO is inside not out yet!! :haha:) i'll be fully dressed in them though, i'm not 100% sure on having the naked/semi-dressed ones yet cos i just havent' got a proper bump yet so there's no way i'd dream of having it photographed yet! lol but he'd charge me £30 if i want to go to his studio and have him and his wife (they're a fab team) take some naked tummy pics - would prob do it in an under bump skirt and a bra top.. I'm not arty enough to put up a naked pic of myself in my house so i wouldn't see the point in putting myself through the embarrassment for pics i'll never look at :haha:

i'm hoping to get at least one nice shot cos i want a canvas to hang on LO's nursery wall!

LaraJJ - ok hun not to worry, i can understand that :hugs: *sulks* :haha: i've put my scan pics on fb but in a private album so only selected family and friends can see them and i've not put any pics up of me since i got pregnant - i don't feel the need to share it with the fb world! people are just nosy anyway!!! :dohh:

kerri - got to love a good psycho!! :wacko: don't blame you hun..

my aunt (i HATE calling her that! :grr: can't stand the woman, she physically repulses me) added me on fb a few years back and before i'd had chance to change my settings and stop her seeing my pics she'd stolen 6 or 7 photos of my niece and nephew (aged about 6/7 at the time), me and my DH at a ball and had posted them on her wall (why!?) and she has hundreds of random people on her fb - i flipped and told her to delete them immediately and deleted her straight back off fb - what a bloomin' FREAK!!! I went to stay with her when i was little and her and her husband acted really odd, like for example i only went to stay there the one day over night but she insisted on giving me a bath and sat there watching whilst i took a bath even though i was about 8 at the time and more than old enough to bath myself if needed.. *shudder* lets put it this way i'd never let her touch my child.. :nope: she's a horrible woman and has loads of children as "friends".. sorry, not normal behaviour!! there's such evil in this world :nope:

Hey there October Mummies/Mommies :hi:

Adele - gorgeous 4d scan pics. we are booking ours today, for 3 weeks time.

Nai - i would love to get some professional bump shots done. I will look into it. what gestation would you recomend? your photo pacakage sounds wonderful. and dont worry about being "the youngest in the class" I am a few days behind you.

Littlestars - glad Baby A's fluid levels are rising. and your description of their positions made me laugh. I havent started on my nursery yet, but will let you know as soon as I start.

MA - great news that your cervix has actually lengthened, and that Baby Amelia is doing so well.

Lara - congrats on Team :pink: and your 3D scan

AFM: i finished work yesterday, and dont go back until 1st June 2012! :happydance: So now my days will be spent doing household chores, and getting everything ready for our little girl's arrival.

Hope you are all well :hugs:

OMG mat leave already .. ?!
Do you have a lot left to sort out to keep you busy ... ?

Hi, can you update the main page for me please :flower:

I'm due on 10th October with a little girl :)

So much going on I love reading all of your ladies updates!!

We painted the babies room (OH not me and he wouldn't even let me see till it dried and aired out!!) We did dark blue on the bottom and a light blue on top separated by a boat wallpaper border which has yet to go up! I will post pics once I get the border up!!

I have had some terrible pregnancy dreams and just thinking about anything happening to the baby gets me all choked up. I have only experienced BH contractions once and it was AWFUL... It did not give me warm fuzzies about the future labor to come!

Oh and I FINALLY got my glucose test results back, I was at 112 which they said was perfectly in the middle of the normal range! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

OMG mat leave already .. ?!
Do you have a lot left to sort out to keep you busy ... ?

Haha. Not Mat Leave yet!
I teach in a Special needs school, and so the Summer holidays have just started. So I get the next 7 weeks off on full pay, as all the staff are entitled to that anyway.
I will actually start my Mat Leave on 1st September (when all my colleagues start back at work). By then I will be 32 weeks, which I think is as acceptable time to finish :winkwink:
And yes, I have plenty to keep me busy, as I havent done ANYTHING yet!!
xx

Lys, that's EXCELLENT for glucose test. I'm an actual type II diabetic so that number would be AWESOME for me. :winkwink:

Congrats on your room being painted. You'll have to take pics of your nursery when it's finished. We put our cream color area rug down in her room. We get her furniture off layaway next weekend and wait for the delivery for 2 wks. Then we have to figure out what kind of chair we'll put in her room. I can't wait to get that all finished.

Come along nicely! As for the dreams. I'm so sorry your having them. Mine was last week that I fell down the stairs. Stirred me awake. Just awful to dream about that stuff! :hugs:

Hello ladies!!

I'm due the 11th October! - Seems forever away doesn't it? - Well I hope to join and share the journey with you! - I am having a PINK bump.. And this is my 2nd, I already have one beautiful son Malachi Hayden who has just turned 4!

How are you all today? xx

quick update:

ive failed my last essay in first year of nursing so ive failed this was my 3rd attempt with NO support from the tutor, im apealing against it as no one knew about the 3rd submisison untill 3 hours before (only me and corse co-ordinator) so here i am appealing against it im on self directed study as i had to go into uni last week get 22.5 hours back for next week... so only have to do one long day (im going sick with stress) so dont have to work next week then i have 3 weeks AL.... i dont think there gonna see my appeal so ill be returning to work.... where i have 7 week annual leave to take then 6 months full maternity leave... but if it does go thru then i go on mat leave 3rd oct and return 27th jan..... its rather a catch 22.... i really dont think there gonna see my appeal through in my heart of hearts and to be very honest im not fussed (im lying i do care i wont be a nurse but im looking at the positives..... ill be on al from august then 6 months fully paid time off with baby Ryan and going back to work with flexi hours!
i stll have a job and am getting paid,
Bitter sweet!

BabyDeacon - Fingers crossed for you and your essay. I'm impressed at your ability to look on the bright side.

Mommy'sAngel - glad to hear things are going well and that you are aloud to be out and about now!

YoursTruly - so happy to hear things cleared up with the protien and that your BP will be monitored.

Big waves to everyone else.. I read everything I missed over the weekend but can't remember exactly who said what. Seems like the general gist is everyone is doing well so that's good!

I went to Toronto on the weekend to visit with my sister and do some shopping. Her husband had borrowed a minivan from work so we could buy oodles of crap. Lo and behold the so-called outlet stores weren't very impressive with the exception of two. There was the FisherPrice/Mattel outlet.. I didn't get anything baby there but I did pick up a Barbie Glamour Camper for $48 but it retails at ToysRUs for $129!!! Score! And there was another store that first we went to the retail version of the store and they had lots of different side-by-side strollers for me to see at good prices but unfortunately none folded down to a small enough size for my car boot. Then I saw what had been my dream stroller and it was priced really well and I was so excited until I realized that I couldn't use it from birth so that ruled that one out. Meh. Across the street there was a warehouse of the same store with all the older stock and floor models with major discounts but still nothing to suit me needs.. So sad. After that we hit a bunch of other stores that were supposed to be outlets but the prices were just normal as far as I could see with exceptions of the sales racks. I did buy stuff that were on good sales so that was good but I was disappointed about how I thought it would be a certain way and in the end I kinda wasted my weekend. Sleeping at my sisters was aweful since she has no A/C or fans. I more than made up for it this morning with a nice long sleep. I did get my diaper bag I plan on using. It's a knock-off HaraJuku Lovers bag with crazy pockets and a bottle holder, it's really cute, it's black and gray chekcer board in the background with cute little girls and fruit all over. That was from the Asian mall I went to.. gotta love a good knock off.

Anyway, came home to a pooped out husband who was annoyed at me for being later home that originally thought. And even better yet he got rear-ended earlier in the late afternoon. He then wanted me to say it was okay to deal with the guy privately and just take the cash and not repair the bumper. It's minor looking, almost looks like someone poked a quarter sized hole in the bumper, but I wasn't too impressed. I told him I wanted to deal with the insurance company since it wasn't our fault and this guy sounded fishy. In the end DH reluctantly agreed but after calling the insurance company and then calling the guy to give him a heads up and listening to what he had to say DH agreed that it's better we're doing this officially.

Ack so I have to deal with getting a quote done, chances are we need a new bumper despite the damage being small. And today I've got to go do my glucose test and actually pick up paint since I never did get around to it. I might actually even do painting today. Fingers Crossed!

:wave:Wow alot to catch up thanks for lovely messages about my pics :kiss:

Chaos- not long til your scan now :happydance:
Nai- :thumbup: booking scan and your photoshoot sounds amazing n doves! bless furbabies.
Mrs K- have you decided on 2nd scan it is amazing but if not you have good ones already :)
Mommys Angel- any luck with scan? that brilliant news about Amelia
Littlestars- glad baba A is better. I agree think will be difficult keeping tabs on movements. Hows painting and did u get much at shops?
Yourstruly- hope you're ok sounds scary
:wave: welcome Danielle, Lara, Roxy and Lacey
Shelleney- bet u cant wait til scan and to have holidays off
Lys- Glad you're ok :thumbup:

I can't wait until finished work :coffee:

GD test taken. Phew. I actually liked the drink, is that wrong?

No estimate today. I called the insurance company to get a case # and they said to wait until the adjuster called us back. Weird though because yesterday the call centre said go ahead since it we were the ones rear ended and we were going to an approved location. Whatever.

Adele - not as much as I had hoped. I did buy some twin dresses, hats with bunny ears and shorts for the summer along with some onesies and a few sleeper nighties. I don't plan on dressing the twins as twins often since they are fraternal but it's cute that they will have a few outfits that match. What have you been up to?

lol, I didn't think the GD drink was as bad as everyone said. :) If I had chilled it and could sip it, it wouldn't be too bad, but I knew I had to chug it so I kept it at room temperature and that made it worse. No GD for me, my test came back okay!

Sorry the outlets didn't work out as well as you had hoped. I never liked outlets that much, but I still thought you would save a chunk by coming over the border... not much though I guess?

Welcome MummyLacey!

And good luck on your essay BabyDeacon!

I am having a grumpy start to 3rd tri. I keep waking up at 4:30am and some days just get up because I can't get back to sleep. Then of course I feel tired during the day, but by the evening forget to make myself go to bed early. :dohh: That and my back pain and pregnancy brain are annoying! I really enjoyed 2nd tri and am still enjoying myself a bit now, but I am starting to see why women get so antsy and ready for labor near the end. Only 9 weeks until full term, when I can really start wishing for him to get out, I can't believe it! Scary and exciting at the same time.

Thank you all for all the wonderful comments. Im feeling much better the last two days and my blood pressure seems to be down.

Lys- Yay for having the baby room painted. We cant paint the rooms in the place we are in as we are renting but the curtains I bought are pink and when light shines through then the room goes pink lol. Also yay on your glucose test results.

shelleney- Wow it will be so nice to have all that time to get stuff ready. Im still on mat leave from my first so I find I have lots and lots of time but most of it is taken up by looking after Ava lol.

Mommy's Angel- So happy things are looking good for you. I think of you and your little girl often and hope things are good. Must be nice to be able to get up and do some stuff now.

MummyLacey2- Welcome and congrats on your pink bump! October seems to far but so close all at the same time haha

BabyDeacon-Really hope things work out for you with your essay.

LittleStars-Glad to hear you had a nice trip to toronto and visit with your sister. Sorry the outlets weren't great though. Really sorry to hear about the fender bender though. Hopefully it wont take forever for a claim to go through and you can get it all sorted out fast. I didnt mind the glucola either. It made me a little dizzy when I did it with Ava but that was about it.

zb5- Happy to read your GD test came back all clear! Sorry to hear about the pain and sleep problems though.

AFM-

Things have been pretty ok around here now that things are all sorted out with my BP. Feeling good the last few days minus the nasty heat wave we seems to be having going on here. Finally bought some crib bedding and a crib for Ali.( well my mom bought the crib as a gift, she did the same with Ava's). We are ordering the matching dresser/change table when we get home from a holiday we are going on in a few weeks time. My dad has a cottage in Ontario in the Muskoka area that is just beautiful and we go every year. This will be Ava's first time out there. So very excited!

I have my glucose test tomorrow. Slightly worried about it this time around since I am measuring 3 weeks ahead. Hoping thats not the reason. I have only gained 17 pounds at 27 weeks though so we will see. I really dont mind the drink. Its not as bad as some of my friends had made it out to be. I also have my second 3d ultrasound on saturday and i am so excited to see my little girl again and all chubby this time.

Started having horrible dreams though. Last night I dreamed baby girl was born super early and was on respirators. Made me so sad to wake up from. I also woke up feeling like she was not in my tummy anymore. It felt flat and sucked in, Of course when I moved the blankets there was my bump but it was so odd feeling.

Added are a few pictures. One of the crib and dresser/changer we are getting, the crib bedding and my over sized 27 week bump.

Little Stars, sorry the shopping didn't really work out. Glad you got home safely and got the needed rest.

Adele, I spoke with the peri and she wrote the ORDER to allow us to have a 3D at the office location in 4 wks. She did mention that Amelia would have to cooperate for them to get a good pic. Oh no! Amelia hasn't cooperated yet for ANY sonogram! :rofl: In fact, not only is she breech with her bum up and her head down but she keeps putting her feet in her face. :shrug: That'd be MY daughter! :haha: We'll see how the 3D works out! Hopefully we'll get to see our beautiful daughter. Worse case, she has her foot in her face and I'll be able to hold it against her in her later years. :rofl:

ZB, I'm EXHAUSTED around the clock since 3rd trimester and lets face it ladies. I am NOT a good one to be around these days. I have anxiety, a little bit of depression and I'm flying off the handle pretty quick these days. My poor husband has to dive with each conversation. Not sure If he's getting Dr. Jekyll or Ms. Hyde these days.

Anyone's husband acting odd now?! Doug is close to the edge these days. When the Peri gave me permission to get out, I thought he'd faint. The wedding a couple hours away is sending him off the deep end and he though the Dr. would say NO WAY!! She told us there's an excellent NICU at the childrens hospital nearby if we have any issues. Thought he'd nearly faint when she mentioned it. :rofl:

THEN just yesterday he was leaving for work and left both doors WIDE open. Not even shut them and they weren't locked at all. Now our area is being revamped and finally is becoming a good area but if you travel down the road and across the street you'll hit the "projects". Gains, guns, drugs and well...you get the idea. Our street is a busy one during the day. NOT exactly safe for leaving your doors wide open for hours on end.

Since it's been in the 90's I was upstairs in the buff (sorry for tmi) trying to cool off. Ran to the bathroom only to find the door WIDE open downstairs and me half naked to the street. :wacko: Called Doug up and gave him a good talking with but now I'm able to laugh at it since everything is okay!

Any other husbands scatter-brained with the oncoming of their new babies?

Yourstruly, the baby items are SO adorable! Can't wait to see the finished product! :happydance: Thank you for your kind comment too. :flower:

Hit 28wks now! :happydance: I'm in UTTER joy! :happydance: Can't BELIEVE I've gotten this far and I'm enjoying every minute of it, with exception to the sleep deprivation. :wacko:

Shower is the first week of Sept., Wedding the last week of August and the pediatric cardiology appointment next monday which will hopefully fill us with the good news that she doesn't in fact have VSD. Thoughts and prayers are gratefully needed.

Hoping everyone is well and staying cool. upper 90's all this week for us with HUMIDITY. We're going to the beach on Sat. since I got the permission. :happydance:

Hi Ladies!
Yours, CUTE PICS!! :flower: I love the bed/ dresser/ changing table... and your bump looks FABULOUS!! I need to take a new bump pic!

MA: I have definitely had some pregnancy brain myself... (I went to bed and left the back door and slider WIDE open, the OH was so mad). I don't think I have been too hormonal but the tears definitely come easy. I watched The Time Traveler's Wife the other day and was hysterical (so glad no one was home) it was nice to ball in privacy!! :haha:

My baby shower is Aug 13th.. just around the corner!! I feel like time is FLYING BY!! :happydance:

Welcome MummyLacey!! :thumbup:

Welcome Mummylacey2 :hi:

Yourstruly- Love the pics .... the bedding is lovely :)

Baby Deacon - Good luck with the essay

Hope everyone else is ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"