October babies due dates and bump colours

Who's had a 4d then?! :D
I'd like to see some piccys ... I'll be 28 + 3

Our's is booked for next Sunday :happydance:

Mommy's Angel - congratulations to you and Amelia for reaching the 28 weeks mark!

Yours truly - loving your cot bedding. and your bump is gorgeous!

20102001 - we are having our 4d scan next weekend too. I will post pics ASAP.

Littlestars - sorry to hear about your rubbish shopping trips and car crash.

Hi :hi: to everyone else
xx

YourTruly - love the bedding and furniture. I actually looked at that one myself but decided I wanted purples instead this time around. Love that there is matching furniture though! Had this been my first I would have definitely done the same knowing that!

Good news! Got the call from insurance and they said that we can go ahead with the repairs once the estimate is done since that deductible is being waived (other guy admitted fault). We were so worried he didn't have insurance and we'd have to pay upfront and the insurance company would have to sue to recover. He just acted so weird about it, begging for us to do it without insurance. I'm thinking it was because this guy didn't want his dad to know he'd had (another??) accident.

So off to actually for real, for real buy the paint today, lol and get the estimate done, pick up a present for a wedding along with 3 presents for a birthday party and return a duplicate present DD received for her birthday last month.

Another ultrasound and doctor's appointment tomorrow but not sure if the GD results will be in. The blood lady said it would take 1-2 days.

I might be able to fit some painting in there somewhere... maybe..

Littlestars, WTG! :happydance:

Shell, thank you. :hugs:

Well, ((sigh)) we're off to the dealership to see what they would give us for our "trade in". We still owe on it and I'm unsure they'd give us much more than what we owe on it right now because it's an 03.

We HAVE to buy a new car (minivan) not just to fit our growing family, but because the Santa Fe is honestly a safety issue because the wipers aren't working (during rain and snow it's dangerous) we've tried replacing the motor, the blades and somehow the blades keep getting warped after one swipe so hundreds of dollars later we're still wiper-less. THEN the passanger seatbelt is stuck and the dealership said our make and model isn't one of the issues pertaining to the seatbelt that won't cause the airbag to go off (yeah right). The passanger doorknob is sticking and they keep quoting us over a thousand dollars to fix it.

Needless to say we're in a time crunch and need another vehicle BAD. We're not going to buy another Hyundai and we're NOT going back to the dealership we purchased the hyundai either.

Praying everything lines up so we can get this issue taken care of.

Have a good day ladies! :hug:

Im a little scared to get 4d as it will leave nothing to suprise. I already know the gender finding out what he looks like is a bit much, but i really want to do it! LOL

Lawdy, I've finally reached the "eat anything in sight" stage. I'm filling the fridge with fruit and veg, got a real hankering for cherries right now. I sat last night and ate a whole cucumber haha. But I am SO hankering for salty bad snacks and choccie! I've put on 12lbs so far lol.

My 4D is next Friday. Really looking forward to it, had it with my DD and it was awesome.

And the 3rd Tri in 2 days?? Holy crap!!! Has it flown by for anyone else. My pregnancy with my DD seemed to go on for Aggggggggggges.

I had a 4D and it still didnt make me none excited to see my baby! Sure, i've seen him, but its not the same as actually seeing him...was such an awesome awesome time to watch him moving around in there in 4D. I wouldnt change it!

Hi ladies!!

Doug and I had a LOVELY day today. I got out and we went minivan shopping because our Santa fe is a safety issue. We ended up with a used minivan at an AWESOME interest rate, they gave us over what the car was worth for trade in and there's only 29k miles on it. Looks brand new on the inside. We were EXTATIC! :happydance:

Afterwards, we went to Smokey Bones for pulled pork, smoked wings and veggies....THEN went to the store and splurged on a mini cupcake so I would down a whole cake that I've been craving for.

All in all I'd say today has been AWESOME. Sat. we pay the layaway off and Amelia's furniture will be in within two weeks. I'm ONE happy momma!

Yay MA, so glad you found a minivan and got a good deal on your trade-in! We are STILL dealing with car issues at the moment. We've (mostly) decided we will keep my car even though it's old, and sell DH's car because it's too small. Then we'll buy a new car, but not right away as it's not really necessary for us to have 2 cars until I go back to work. Still, we've been fantasizing about the new car... :winkwink:

We took BOTH cars in to the mechanic to get work done because it had been a while, and have now spent $~1700 on car maintenance in the past week. :blush: Seems silly to spend all that on a car we are about to sell, but it felt like the right thing to do. Hopefully potential buyers will realize that kind of thing is important and worth paying for. So far we've got a lot of interest in the car, but a lot of people are trying to make sketchy deals for way less than its worth. :wacko: Add to that the fact that DH couldn't find the title to the car... we had a minor freak out, but discovered that the loan company he had his car loan with never sent him the title when he paid it off like they should have. Five years ago! :dohh: So they are sending it this week. So much car stuff to worry about... Anyway, enough about that.

Chaos, 12 pounds is not bad at all! I haven't had the heart to really weigh myself recently but I'm guessing I'm about 25 pounds up. And I could eat everything in sight as well. I've got a big bag of cherries in the fridge, yum! :)

Chaos... You have only gained 12 lbs so far?! That is great!! I am closer to 20 :(

ZB....Ugh, I hear you about the car issues. I'm SO glad to be rid of the Santa Fe tomorrow. :wacko: I kept complaining about how much of a safety issue it's been. I'm honestly SICK of putting money into it. We've bought struts, 4 sets of new tires twice, put a new ball or whatever you call it that keeps the tire hooked to the car on it, the wipers went so we replaced the motor only to find out it WASN'T the motor but the wipers. Replaced them not 1, not 2 but 3 times because the mechanism the manufacturer made was steel and the ones they have NOW are plastic. Well strips every new wiper arm we put on the darn things and the only one who sells them are the dealerships for a hundred per arm. :wacko: The seatbelt doesn't retract or come out very well and we've seen that's also an issue if the car were to get his....the airbag won't go off...and the passanger outside handle sticks.

All this in a stupid vehicle we've only had for two years. :wacko: We'll NEVER buy another hyundai EVER again!! Had we decided to keep it, we would have put more than 3k into it for the door, seatbelt and windshield wiper issue. It became a hassle and safety issue neither of us were willing to deal with once Amelia is here.

So out with the old, in with the new. I know we'll have basic maintenance and upkeep which is fine, but the Santa Fe was closer to a lemon.

I haven't gained all that much right now either....but I'm plus size and I hear that many plus size women don't gain all that much. Honestly baby gets all they need before mommy so she's not hurting and neither am I if I don't gain MORE. I'm more concerned about working off the past 3 years worth of stress, grief and hormones that landed on my assets. :haha: I'm planning a pretty tough workout schedule a couple months after having her. "hopefully" I can lose some weight before next summer. :thumbup:

Lys, what's up with you these days??

Happy 3rd tri to me & all the other oct 19th ladies .... Can't believe how fast it's going!!

Thanks Mummy! Same to you due date partner!! :)

MA- congrats on the new vehicle! How exciting. Im getting a new bathroom right now(our only one) so we had to put our minivan adventures on hold. We were looking at Honda Odyssey's because if im going to drive a minivan I need the backup camera! We would probably have to go used though as those can be pricey. What did you get?

You are all so brave to weigh yourself.....I had my last appt at 22 weeks and hadn't gained anything yet but had a huge tummy. But suddenly after that i've exploded so im afraid now the doc will be like.....uh, you can slow down now. Lol.

Thanks Mummy! Same to you due date partner!! :)

MA- congrats on the new vehicle! How exciting. Im getting a new bathroom right now(our only one) so we had to put our minivan adventures on hold. We were looking at Honda Odyssey's because if im going to drive a minivan I need the backup camera! We would probably have to go used though as those can be pricey. What did you get?

You are all so brave to weigh yourself.....I had my last appt at 22 weeks and hadn't gained anything yet but had a huge tummy. But suddenly after that i've exploded so im afraid now the doc will be like.....uh, you can slow down now. Lol.

I'd LOVE a Honda but even the used ones were over 25k. WAY over our budget as I'd like us to have some room to breathe and maybe take a small vacation at times. So we tried to stick with the Chrysler Town and Countries, Kia's and the good ol' Dodge Grande Caravans. We've always had good luck with Fords too but Ford did away with their minivans and went with cross-overs now. We also liked the fact that they were one of the few who DIDN'T accept bail-out money from the government.

The foreign cars are EXPENSIVE and to be honest, after our Hyundai issue....the parts are expensive to replace on foreign cars so I'm not a fan of that in the case where we need to replace things.

We ended up with a 2008 Dodge Grande Caravan with stow and go seating. LOVE that ALL the seats stow in the floor if we go antiquing or estate sales. The air conditioning is also in the back so Amelia won't get overheated. There was only 29k miles. For a 2008 that was pretty darn good. We also got 4.25% interest. Was going to go for 3% interest but with the trade in there was some kind of stipulation that we needed the full 5 years financing and the 3% was for 4 years...I think it had something to do with the year of the car :shrug: At any rate, the car will STILL be paid off in a year less as we like to pay more each month on our vehicles. Less interest accrues over time and you save money.:thumbup:

The Minivan is also SPOTLESS. Looks brand new. I'm thinking it was either a rental car or a car for elderly folks who rarely used it. If we can, I'll take a pic of it and share with everyone. The seats are AWESOME as they just molded to our backs.

We liked the Kia which has a lot of the same features as the Honda with the automatic closing doors, the interior was NICE, etc....but in the end it was too high in payments for us and in all honesty Kia is a sister company to Hyundai. Doesn't sit well with me.

YAY on the bathroom though. :happydance::haha: We all need them! :rofl: You'll get your van when it's time.:winkwink::flower:

I've gained 50lbs easily! :( I know I know I've got twins in there... but that only excuses some of the weight gain. I wasn't skinny to start with. I just cannot be trusted to be allowed to eat carbs. I will be on either a relaxed Atkins plan or South Beach within a week of delivering. Especially since I won't be allowed to exercise for 6-8 weeks.

Well I got the estimate. No new bumper, they are repairing the hole and repainting but it'll still take two days so we'll have a loaner for a little while. I got the wedding gift but it's honestly lame. I spent more than I really wanted and all I got them was 4 stainless steel kitchen utensils. There wasn't much to choose from and what was the right price was all gone already. DH wants to add in a gift card ontop of it but I refuse to, not my fault it looks like we got nothing special and spent more than we typically do, and not my fault they chose to have their dinner reception at a fancy place. I didn't get the birthday presents but I did get the extra gift returned (found a Walmart that was selling the item for significantly more than all the others in the city, yay!) Used the return money to buy some more washable diapers. And finally.. most importantly... I got the can of paint!!!!!!!!! Admittedly I did not get around to slapping any on the way but one step closer!

So today yet another doctor's appointment and ultrasound. If all looks well then I'm in the clear to stay on a two week plan until the end of August, otherwsie I'll have to go to weekly. FX!

MA - congrats on the new vehicle! Sounds like you got a great deal.

Blah.. gotta stop talking and toss some clothing in the dryer otherwise I'll be going nekkid to my doctors appointment. I have so little clothing these days and my t-shirts ride up my bump. So annoying. I feel like I am always washing my clothing. Guess I should get used to it since I plan on doing this whole reusable diaper thing.

littlestars post piccies when you've had your scan, hope it all goes well :flower:

MA - fab news about the new vehicle :thumbup: and so lovely to hear you had such a great day the other day!

Chaos - i think i reached that stage the last 2 days!! I am STARVING!!! I've got an upset tummy but i just want to eat eat eat!!! Lost 2lbs in 4 days though with the upset tummy lol so i think it's counteracting itself! :haha:

Hmmm weight gain for me is 15lbs :blush: when i finish work on 15th august i am going to be doing pilates and aqua aerobics/aquanatal 5 days per week so hoping that keeps the weight gain down from here on in... I really don't want to gain too much weight :nope: I lost 6stone before so i know i can do it, but i really don't want to be losing that kind of weight ever again, just losing a few lbs would be lovely! can but dream!!! :haha:

Ive not weighed myself recently at my last MW appointment at 24 weeks i had gained 8lbs ........dread to think what ive put on now as my appetite has deffo increased lately!!

Scared to face the scales!!!! :haha:

Wow for all the new cars! I wish we could get a new(used) one but we just cant afford it right now. The one we have will work for now though.

So far I have gained a total of 18 pounds. Starting to feel really down on my self. Not that 18 pounds is bad, just that before I had ava I was 130, i went up to 161 before she was born. when she was born Iwent down to 145 but gained most of it back somehow( probably my bad eating habits) and was 158 before i got pregnant with this baby( only 4.5 months PP with ava). Im now up to 176. So im going to have A LOT of weight to lose after this baby is born.

Wow for all the new cars! I wish we could get a new(used) one but we just cant afford it right now. The one we have will work for now though.

So far I have gained a total of 18 pounds. Starting to feel really down on my self. Not that 18 pounds is bad, just that before I had ava I was 130, i went up to 161 before she was born. when she was born Iwent down to 145 but gained most of it back somehow( probably my bad eating habits) and was 158 before i got pregnant with this baby( only 4.5 months PP with ava). Im now up to 176. So im going to have A LOT of weight to lose after this baby is born.

Don't feel too bad, I think I'll have about 60-90lbs to lose. The hormone treatments, stress from our loss and overabundance of insulin that turns to fat if not used by my body has put me over the top!:wacko::cry: People think I'm overdoing it by creating a plan right now for once Amelia arrives.

It's likely bf'ing won't do a thing for my body as I'm hypothyroid and have all these issues which have messed with my hormonal system. The weight isn't going to melt off and if I wait too long it will either stay stagnant OR I'll gain even more. I REFUSE to gain more. I want to be around for my daughter.

SO, back to low carbing, water, weight training and about 2 miles of walking a day. I know it's going to be difficult once she arrives. ESPECIALLY with the change in hormones lack of sleep (which I'm already lacking btw) etc, but I have to amp up my metabolism while I still can or I'll put on the weight and then some.:wacko:

:hugs: hopefully you'll lose what you gained.

I had my OB appt today and I'm up 25 lbs total. I think I'll probably be up 35 lbs by the end of the pregnancy, which I'm okay with. I just don't want to go over that as they recommend 25-35 lbs total weight gain. I am starting to feel pretty big, and cannot imagine how big my belly will be by 40 weeks!! :shock: I'll have to post a bump pic soon.

MA, I think it's good to have a plan in place, and yours sounds like a healthy plan. Walking 2 miles a day is great!! I walk 2 miles every day that I go in to the office because I have to walk to the train station and back, etc. It really helps. Now I am working from home more often, and I can really feel that my legs are weaker and I'm less in shape. (Umm... that could have something to do with the baby and extra 25 lbs too though... :haha:)

Now I am trying to walk sometimes with DH to stay in shape, but my energy is pretty low right now. It's funny, he never used to want to walk with me, but now that I'm pregnant he likes it. I think he feels like he's helping me stay healthy (which he is). And he is excited about walking with the baby in the stroller. So I hope that continues! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->