October babies due dates and bump colours

Shelleny- yeah it's great to be finished work to get stuff done and also relax but also wierd (in a good way ha) not to be going to work. I just watched a home birth with a pool and it was amazing and quite emotional.

Nypage- good tip to freeze milk thanks

Mommys angel- sounds like Amelia has character and good personality

I'm going to a breastfeeding workshop on the 15th i'm the same i'll try and see how it goes.
I went swimming on Thursday really enjoyed it. Any tips on achy legs at night time?
Went to b&q with mum to get paint for babas room she insisted on paying and wants to decorate the room too as a present for her grandson :happydance:

Does anyone wish that for our "currently feeling" choices, we could choose "Hungry!". ....seems like a third trimester feeling!

hungry.. but 2 bites later no room to breathe, feel full, and feel sick!? yep!! feeling that... :dohh:

Drop down crib situation that I was able to read about here in Canada is less dire than the USA (as far as I can see you can buy and sell used drop sides for example). All the reported incidents were all cases where the cribs had installed the hardware incorrectly, it had detached and the parents were unaware or they had replaced the original hardware. The recalls were all voluntary with the exception of one brand that had the most complaints and I have none of the brands mentioned. I have no problem with the drop sides since I know mine is installed correctly and also I know that every few weeks once the baby is active I check all the bolts to see if any need tightening. That being said, in Canada, same as the USA and it would seem most places you cannot buy a drop side anymore because all manufacturers have switched away from the practice of using a drop side. Obviously the instructions were too confusing to allow for ALL people to build their cribs properly and it resulted in injuries. If they aren't clear then it makes sense to move away from them. Better safe than sorry.

Survived another trip to the trailer. DH didn't smoke so I'm pleased with that. Unfortunately, DH wants to go back again and stay the night Thursday since he starts his vacation. Grrr.. It's funny though because it's not like he even likes his mom and her husband particularly. He just really likes having a campfire, swimming, fishing and having his mom cook for us.

I found myself so completely tired if I walked any further than the length of a room. My muscles would burn with lactic acid and I was panting like a dog. Trudging back and forth to the pool with DD was torture. I think I'm going to have to start driving there instead. Lame!

I definitely need to get thos iron pills today!!!! I hope they mean getting my energy back.

I am due in October, on 24th. I am guessing BLUE for boy, but I don't have a preference and I don't know... hubby won't let me find out ha ha. Hello to all the other October mums out there xx

So, I was diagnosed this week with SPD... about 6 weeks ago I thought I pulled my growing muscle but it has never healed and I have had increasing pain in my inner thighs (stabbing and shooting pain).. NOT pleasant!

I thought I was just being a baby and that it was just an ache and pain associated w/ pregnancy so I haven't mentioned it to my Dr. until this week because sleeping has become unbearable!!

I am going to get a support belt and possibly look into getting adjusted by a chiropractor. I am glad to know what's going on... though it makes me more nervous about giving birth!! :(

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

Lys, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the belt will work out some. :hugs: I LOVE chiropractors. They're AWESOME!

hey ladies my due date is november 2nd but my uterus is a measuring a week ahead so its looking more like an october baby than a november!!

Woohoo! Seems my DH has had a breakthrough! He doesn't want to go to the trailer on Thursday afterall and not the following weekend either. Yay! It's a case of a little too much exposure to his mom and her getting a little too comfortable saying whatever she feels like and pissing DH off in the process because what she is saying is mean and just like 'old times' right before their last blow out fight that lasted 2.5 years. I politely suggested perhaps some time away from her is in order and he agreed. I feel so relieved not to have to deal with her too much in the coming weeks while I stress over everything else.

The past two days I have been exhausted and done nothing baby related. I'm hoping to do some today. I would love to be done the nursery.

How are everyone's nurseries doing these days. seems everyone is so quiet right now.. the calm before the storm?

I found out yesterday that i do NOT have diabetes. On friday I called and insisted I get the 3 hour test just because everything I read/heard from others- they do that one to make sure. My doctor just wasn't going to. And I also found out testing supplies were not included in my insurance and costed us a few hundred dollars already and needed to refill every couple days/week. SO anyways, I passed the 3 hour test and I have yet to hear from my clinic to call me and tell me this, I saw it in my online chart. I wonder if they'll call me. Seems like something to be a bit pissed about since they were just on to the treatment and extra appointments without even testing me the 3 hour test....I could have gone a long time thinking I had that, and changing everything and going to numerous nutritionist and doctors appointments for nothing. Not to mention the money I'd spend, tests done to my baby, and all the diet changes and obssessing I was doing. Now I had some cake. Yumm!

well i'm in a mad panic about the new house, absolutely convinced it won't be ready on time.. :cry: we were told we could move in 17th august but he said 1st september would be the very latest (he was having problems with his previous tenants).. well they moved out sat 30th july.. and so far the only room that's done in the house is the lounge!! The dining room needs painting and skirting, downstairs toilet and kitchen need repainting, kitchen needs new cupboards, conservatory needs to have the drains outside unblocked, new locks fitted and some work done to the main of it. Then hall, landing and bathroom - bathroom floor needs the wood to be sanded and treated, all needs repainting. Guest room and our room need painting too - i did the feature wall in our room myself to try to speed things along a bit but it's going so slow! Just found out that it's not been worked on since sunday and today we were supposed to go over to help but turns out they're not going to be there to help anyway! :dohh: getting majorly stressed :cry:

in other news, i am so damn uncomfortable right now!! my back is killing from sitting at my desk at work, i'm exhausted and i've got such bad indigestion i just feel like giving up on eating :nope:

so there we go, i'm basically a grumpy, stressed out big fat preggers at the moment.. :dohh:

lol hope you're all fairing a little better :thumbup:

Thanks! and not so fab news about your place moving slowly. I surely know how that goes. OH and his friend began a renovation project over TWO months ago that they assured me was going to take a week. Its on our bedroom and only bathroom and finally they are coming to a finish. Nothing that is said it will be done at one time, EVER is with the construction. So frustrating! Hope its not like the day before you are due that you are trying to organize moving, just take one day at a time, nothing you can do unfortunately.

Nypage - congrats on not having GD! Kinda lame your doctor's office hasn't called though. Boo on them.

Nai - ekk! Renos always seem to take a lot longer than people estimate. FX that things are going to work out with relatively little stress.

Nypage, glad you don't have GD! Glad you insisted on the 3-hour test.. would have been frustrating to go through the next few months thinking you have GD when you really didn't.

LittleStars- I've always had low iron, so my midwife had me start on Chlorophyll from the very beginning of my pregnancy, and it's kept my levels okay. I think I definitely feel more tired when I forget to take it for a few days.

MA- You've probably read this already-- but making sure to sit up straight with legs lower than your pelvis and sitting on a birthing ball for a couple of hours a day (while watching TV, for example), as well as leaning over a birth ball, can really help with getting a breech baby to turn.... although your heart-shaped uterus might make all those attempts fail anyways, I dunno. Just a thought. Hope you get the natural birth you want!

I had my ultrasound this past Friday to check that baby's placenta had moved away from my cervix-- and it did! No more placenta previa! I'm happy to know I won't have to plan for a c-section now. I really wanted the chance to experience a natural birth, at least with my first one. I know if I get pregnant again, the placenta is likely to implant in the wrong spot again, and might not move out of the way like this time... but at least I'll get the chance at one natural birth (hopefully, if nothing else comes up).

LO is big! I expected as much, since I was 9.5 lbs even though I was born 11 days early.. my brother was an 11-pounder.. and my sister, who was FIVE weeks early was 7 lbs.... So, I expected big... but somehow it still came as a shock when the sonographer told me that Baby was measuring at 4 lbs 5 oz. And still 9 weeks of growing left!

I guess now I don't feel so bad about the numbers on the scale going up, up, up, despite my face, legs, etc not looking heavier at all. I can blame it all on my fatty baby.. lol. Although.. my midwife has told me I really need to watch out for sugar, just to avoid having LO get even bigger than he needs to be. Since his size is genetics, she's not too worried about me being able to get him out.. since moms who have genetically big babies typically have the bone structure needed to birth them relatively easily. Well... easily is probably not the right word.. lol... but he hopefully won't get stuck ;-)

While we were getting the scan, we decided to pay the extra $50 for a 4D.. and it was so worth it! Ahh.. I just couldn't stop staring at his cute little face moving around in there, trying to stick his foot in his mouth. He looks awfully chubby though, much chubbier than babies ought to be at 30 weeks 4 days!!

Attachments

• SCHULZ_61.jpg
    SCHULZ_61.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g