October babies due dates and bump colours

Yourstruly- :hugs: Sorry to hear what your going through and lets hope little one stays put for as long as possible :thumbup:

Little - We have a few names but nothing 100% yet .... such a difficult descision, How are you finding having 2 names to choose xx

Natalie - Ive already spoke to you about you being in hosp on the facebook page .... but hope you get home again soon :hugs:

Thanks kerri. As for names we have a choice of 2 girls names but we are stumped with boys we just can't agree xxx

yourstruly and gash-- hope it all works out okay in the end! Sorry you're both having such a difficult time.. definitely makes me realize that I have nothing to complain about with a few aches and pains!

I think I'm going to use Green Line diapers... they covers are so cute, and get good reviews! I put them on my registry, and hope people buy at least a few! I know they're expensive.. and people don't exactly want to spend $40 and only have two diapers to show for it.. lol.. but hopefully some will understand how grateful I would be :)

No names here, yet. We've been discussing it from the very beginning.. but just can't seem to agree on anything at all. A few times I thought we were close to agreeing.. but then hubby goes off and picks some name I HATE again, and won't budge. lol. Of course, he doesn't like my top pick either.. so I guess we're just both being stubborn. He's Ukrainian and I'm German.. so we are completely different when it comes to EVERYTHING (opposites attract, right?!).. he really wants a Russian/Ukrainian name... I'm totally set against those. I spent most of my life around Russians, and while I don't have anything against them.. I just don't like their names! At all! lol :)

People keep bugging us about names, and it really bothers me. Makes me want to NOT pick a name.. on purpose! So I won't have to tell them! lol.. I'm weird, I guess. It's just that everyone acts like we HAVE to pick a name before he's born.. (and that we should have picked one ages ago).. but where exactly did that rule come from?! I think I might want to see LO and hold him in my arms before settling on a name he will have for the rest of his life... it just feels like such a momentous decision to me.. And I'm known to change my mind about things.... hehe..

MrsK, it bugs me too that everyone asks! We have a name but I don't feel like telling. I'm not sure why that is everyone's default question about the baby. Maybe they just can't think of anything else to say? It's always "Is it a boy or a girl?" and "Do you have a name picked out yet?" I have answered these questions so many times now!

I just got back from my OB appt and I am still 1cm dilated, so same as last week. Yay! :happydance: She said she will let me travel next week unless I am 3cm dilated and had a positive fetal fibronectin test. Which seems unlikely. So, yay! More resting and not too much walking for the next week until we make it to the other side of our flight across the country!

Hi ladies, not much going on here today. No sleep last night and I'm a bit depressed today. SO I'm going to take a nap shortly in hopes I can get some kind of rest. Have a great day everyone! :hug:

Sorry you aren't feeling well, MA! I had a little bit of an off day yesterday.. just kinda spent all day moping around and doing nothing... but I'm the kind of person who gets depressed when I don't stay busy, so today I'm doing tons of laundry, visiting my mom, and going swimming with my sisters... it keeps me cheerful to have things to do.. But since you're on bed rest, that's probably not an option.. sorry :-( I'd really lose my mind spending the entire pregnancy resting. Only knowing that I'm keeping LO safe would console me!

Glad you haven't dilated more, zb5! Yeah, those questions are just soo annoying sometimes. Always, always the same questions. Over and over again. When are you due? Is it a boy or a girl? Do you have a name? It's kinda sweet how much attention people pay to you when you're pregnant.. but I always wonder WHY. It's not like we're so rare! I see pregnant women EVERYWHERE all the time! I can't imagine how often people must ASK "when are you due/boy or girl/name" per day! Don't they get tired of it?! lol

Anyway, back to the name issue. Does anybody have an opinion on Jacob? It's one name DH mentioned, which he likes (and which isn't Russian! yay lol)... I like it fine, except for:

A) The Twilight connotation. I am NOT naming my baby after a Twilight character! But I'm afraid that's what people would assume..

B) Jacob has been the number one boy's name in the US for the past 10 years or so. That's an awfully long time. I'm afraid he'd be surrounded by other Jacob's constantly. There are none in our extended family or circle of friends... but 10 years as the number one name?! There have got to be millions out there the same age!

Oh, and possibly C), my name is Rebecca and hubby's name is Timothy. Argh.. all Bible names! lol! I don't want people thinking we're kooks or that we believe everyone must have Bible names or something strange like that.. hehe.. Although... Jacob being Rebekah's son in the Bible.. that's kinda neat.. maybe ;-)
If we have another baby, we DEFINITELY have to make sure to avoid Bible names. Or, name our second son Esau! :rofl:

we keep being asked the same questions.. it's like MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!! Jeeesh!! lol suddenly we're public property! oh and the "how much have your boobs grown now!?"ummmm EXCUSE ME!?! :wacko: (lots, but that's beside the point! :wacko:)

i've hurt my pelvis working on the new house :dohh: manged 4 hours and have come home, but now i've just waxed our old coffee table trunk - just half way through buffing it now (omg my arm aches, so much like hard work! :haha:) and i'm feeling really guilty that DH is still down the house working... but then, he's not growing a baby so :shrug:

only hurt myself because i was doing all the skirting so been kneeling down the whole time reaching back and forth, back and forth :dohh: it's starting to ease up a bit now after i rested an hour..

anyone TOTALLY gone off all food!? :sick: i just don't want to eat, can't be bothered, don't want to, want to be left alone..

MrsK, I like the name Jacob! I would also be worried about the Twilight connotation and also the fact that it's really popular. But, because it's very popular that actually makes people LESS likely to think it's Twilight-related and more likely to think you just liked the name. I wouldn't be worried about the bible names - I didn't notice. :haha: I'm not religious but I do like a lot of the biblical names, to me they just sound traditional. It would only really stick out to me if they were the more uncommon biblical names - like Ezekiel and Jebediah. Which, honestly, I don't know for sure that they are bible names I just assume!

Nai, a lot of people have asked if my boobs have grown! Mostly people who know me a bit better, so I'm like... um... you saw me 7 months ago, what do YOU think? (Yes, they have grown a lot, but you can't really tell because of the giant bump underneath them!)

Sorry you hurt yourself working. :( DH is also doing the brunt of the work preparing for our move, and I feel bad! But I just don't have the energy to keep up with him, and it wouldn't be a good idea anyway. Hope you feel better. :hugs: P.S. I like your ticker... I should get one for myself! We are moving in 9 days. :shock:

I got tired of the family asking us if we had thought of names, and then when we told them some we liked they didnt like them for this reason or that. So we told them we arent talking about names anymore and they will find out when they are born and its too late for their opinions....its driving them crazy :rofl:

The worst question i've been asked is how much weight i've gained....my FIL of all people asked them, because hubby's family seems to think the 25lbs i've gained isnt enough and that i'm not eating enough....my boys were 3lbs 14oz and 3lbs 7oz at a day shy of 31 weeks so I think they are growing just fine! And bc I havent gained the weight my BP is still normal and I didnt get GD (according to my doctor)

zb5 - the moving house ticker is just from tickerfactory.com :thumbup: DH is on his way home now with some sparkling water and juices for me, he's been working really hard this evening apparently - looking forward to see what he's achieved tomorrow :)

i thought my ladies were looking smaller the other day and then realised its only cos my bump is getting bigger and bigger :wacko:

kristin - loads of people thought i hadn't gained enough :wacko: because it's only gone on my boobs and belly.. but then on saturday one of our friends said he thought i weighed more than 6ft husband who is 15 stone :cry: i'm only 5ft :cry:

Yup, just made myself a ticker too!

Most people haven't commented on my weight thankfully! Or they try to be nice about it. Like, "you haven't gained much!". Actually, I know exactly how much I've gained, it's 30 lbs, thanks for reminding me! :haha: Oh well.

Off to do some helpful moving/chore things... ho hum.

:thumbup: great ticker :)

it's bed time here - just steaming my niece's dress for her a-level results night out tomorrow for her and then bed for me - i really want a bath though.. but it's way too late.. bath/bed/bath/bed...!?!?! hmmm

zb5 - the moving house ticker is just from tickerfactory.com :thumbup: DH is on his way home now with some sparkling water and juices for me, he's been working really hard this evening apparently - looking forward to see what he's achieved tomorrow :)

i thought my ladies were looking smaller the other day and then realised its only cos my bump is getting bigger and bigger :wacko:

kristin - loads of people thought i hadn't gained enough :wacko: because it's only gone on my boobs and belly.. but then on saturday one of our friends said he thought i weighed more than 6ft husband who is 15 stone :cry: i'm only 5ft :cry:

that wasnt very nice! I dont understand why people think we arent sensitive about it!

I get asked if I am having twins all the time and it is starting to give me a complex. (no offense Kristin, I'd love twins)- but when people who know right well that im NOT having twins like to say that, I catch their drift. Just trying to say im a house and they can't believe Ive got 8 weeks to go. ....sigh.

people can definitely be rude about that kind of stuff. Thankfully, my family and friends aren't really like that, and I haven't gotten anything like that... but then, I've tried to be easygoing about it and openly talk about how much I've gained and such. I guess I just feel comfortable about it because I'm pregnant, so I feel like I'm supposed to gain weight and it's fine :-D
I try to avoid the kind of people who make stupid, snarky comments about weight gain and such... it bothers me when people say the twins thing! Only one woman so far told me she thinks I must be having twins, and she was one of those gossipy, annoying types.. so I tried to ignore it. Definitely bugged me, though! Um hello.. I've had ultrasounds? I know how many are in there, thankyouverymuch!

I just really, really hope I don't turn out like that when I'm older. I'd hate to be one of thsoe really annoying women who say the stupidest things!

lol I never have strangers coming up to me, i've only gotten about 4 people the whole time i've been pregnant about how much longer I have. Usually their comment is that I must be due anyday, so I guess i've been big...but no one has guessed I was having twins. I joke around that I must look so odd that people are afraid to ask me..lol

I have been pretty open about my weight gain. I think 25lbs is doing pretty good when having twins and I dont look pregnant from behind, its all in my belly. I wasnt the skinniest before I got pregnant either...its funny though, I lost 30lbs right before I got pregnant and now i've gained most of it all back...and with 5 weeks to go i'm sure I'll be over that 30lbs...but the boys are healthy, thats what matters and the weight will come off...thought I would share a bump pic though, i dont think i've put on on here before..

This is last week at 32w1d compared to today at 33 weeks....

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Kristin070404/2011-08-11_19-06-10_343-2.jpg

I just weighed myself and im at 12 lbs gain. Scary when I have 8 weeks left and now is when they do most growing......yikes.

Hi Ladies!

I have exciting news. WE FOUND A HOUSE. Im so excited to get babys room sorted.

That is all :)

Looking good Kristin!! Is it just me or have you dropped a little since the last picture?

Octbebe, congrats! When are you moving? I can't wait to move and finally start on the nursery!

We can move in whenever we want :) I might wait until I finish work in a few weeks as its about 22km out of town. It's going to be testing, I will be home looking after 3 pitbulls and my OH is like a child too. so 2 babies hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->