October babies due dates and bump colours

So much going on!

MA - good luck at your baby shower! I'm sure everything will turn out fine. :) We are having baby shower #2 on Sunday. I'm really excited. It will be very small (~6 guests?) and one of them hinted that 3 of the guests have gone in together on a big present. So there will probably be very few presents but one big one! I'm guessing breast pump?? LittleStars, I registered for the Ameda double electric one as well. So we shall see...

Not sure about manual vs. electric, it's a personal decision, but for me I thought it would make it easier for DH to feed the baby and for us to go out and bring some bottles and not have me constantly nursing. Of course you could do the same with a manual pump but I'm afraid I would get lazy and DH would just never get to feed the baby! If I really get the breast pump as a gift, I hope my milk comes in and the pump works well!

I'm feeling stressed about getting everything ready in time. We are working on painting the baby's room right now. We have the bureau/changing table but it's still in boxes. And I just ordered the crib online today. Things are coming together! I'm just getting nervous because I'm getting big and getting a lot of comments from strangers - "Are you having twins?", "October? Really?? You'll never make it to October!", "You look about ready to pop!". :dohh: Now I will laugh at them all if I go overdue.

I would be fine with a late September baby because then baby can have his own month (my bday is Oct 1). As long as I get everything ready on time!!

Little stars - personally, I have a Tommee Tippee closer to nature Manual breast pump. I got it as a free gift when i subscribed to a pregnancy magazine. Those electric breast pumps look great, but I would rather spend my money on something else.
With my manual pump, i am not planning to use it very often. just to express a few bottles worth of milk to keep in the freezer for emergencies. otherwise, I am hoping to exclusively breast feed. these plans are subject to change though....
however, with your twins, im not sure what would be best for you. im sure you will make the best decision for you and the twins
xx

I have heard from the hospital that after each feeding, you are supposed to pump ...to keep the supply growing maybe? Maybe with 2 babies thats not needed though as theyll keep that supply comin.

Don't know much about breast pumps, so no real opinion there :shrug: I don't even know what I'm going to do yet. Some people say you HAVE to pump because you'll be engorged otherwise.. some say it's not necessary unless you don't have enough of a supply. I'm thinking if I get engorged.. pumping will only make me produce MORE milk, so that doesn't make much sense. And if I don't have enough.. well.. I guess I'll deal with that then and buy or rent a pump.

My breasts suddenly felt very different today-- fuller, I guess? Not just sagging from all the extra weight, but actually sort of "filled up".. lol.. Don't know if that makes sense. Makes me wonder if milk is starting to really come in.

I am really hoping I don't make it to my due date! I wouldn't mind sometime at the very beginning of October, since my birthday is Sept. 25th and hubby's is in November... would be nice for LO to have his own month between ours :) But I just don't want to wait until Oct 11th! That seems so much longer than Oct 1st ;-)

That being said, though, time has been flying for me. I expected it to creep by veeery slowly during the last two months.. but I'm actually stunned at how quickly it all went by, and that it's really September already! Just a few more weeks until I get to meet my baby!

I finally painted some canvases for the nursery today.. been putting it off for weeks. Happy that I got it done.. makes the whole room look a lot more "finished" :) I ordered some vinyl decals off eBay.. just waiting for those to arrive so I can get them all up.

Oh, as for the high chairs... yeah, I looked at booster seats, but that wouldn't work for us because we usually sit at our island to eat unless we have company... and we have bar stools at the island... a booster seat wouldn't fit on one of those safely. I think I'll go with the hook-on chair and see how it goes. It's the cheaper option.. so I can always change my mind later and buy the full-size, I guess.. though I really doubt I will want a huge high chair taking over the center of our kitchen ;-)

The big gift from our friends arrived today - it is a matching swing and bouncer set! At the same time we received a pack n play from another group of friends. I am feeling both overwhelmed by our friends' generosity, and overwhelmed by how much baby stuff is now in our house! :haha: We are still waiting for our grown-up furniture to arrive on the moving truck, so we're living hobo/infant style, sleeping on an air mattress but our unborn baby alread has his bouncer, swing, and pack n play all set up! :haha:

MrsK, I will root for October 1st for you because that's my birthday, good day to be born! :)

Hi Everyone!!
Just to echo in the YAY its Sept. 1... I can't believe how fast the time has gone!! We will be having our babies NEXT MONTH!!! :happydance:

I want to get a breast pump but am going to wait until the baby comes just to ensure my milk comes in and there are no issues before we buy. I haven't looked too much into the brands but I know for sure I want an electric that I can take back to work when I go and one that does both breasts at the same time.

Other than that, Ladies lets see some pics of those bellies and babies room!! :D

Yes, let's see some pics! I can start, but I only have "before" pics of the baby's room. DH is upstairs primering it right now. What a great guy. :)

So you can see why we're painting. Perfect for a little boy, right? :haha:

Attachments

• P1040904-color-copy.jpg
    P1040904-color-copy.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 4
  • flower.JPG
    flower.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 6
I don't have a nursery this time :( as baby will be sharing.

Here's a bump pic though- last weeks bump pic
https://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z456/pl4ym8/IMG_1745.jpg

Nursery Pictures :D

The two cribs:
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Kristin070404/2011-09-02_12-58-58_57.jpg
Rocking chair and one of the swings:
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Kristin070404/2011-09-02_12-59-09_788.jpg
Changing table/dresser for their clothes:
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Kristin070404/2011-09-02_12-59-20_191.jpg
Closet with larger clothes:
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Kristin070404/2011-09-02_12-59-32_722.jpg
Antique crib that they will sleep in for as long as they will fit...its in our room:
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Kristin070404/2011-09-02_13-00-48_255.jpg

And the bump pic!
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Kristin070404/2011-08-31_08-12-42_971.jpg

Can't wait to see everyone else's rooms!! :D

Wow. Loving all the rooms! Im so happy to have Ali's room done and out of the way. She will be going straight into her own room when she comes home so it was something that HAD to be finished.

I had my 34 week appointment yesterday! Feels crazy to say that. 34 weeks!!! The appointment was ok. My doctor still wants me on bed rest. I get contractions just being driven to her office so I suppose its for the best. Getting very hard with my daughter to look after too though. BP and pee are all still good. She told me to hold out two more days. She said once I hit 34 weeks if I go into labor they wont stop it. I have to start going weekly and getting checked every week now though.

She looked over my ultrasound results and said that the cervical length measurement wouldnt be accurate because they did not do an internal ultrasound just an abdominal. She said she is more likely to believe the nurses measurement which was that my cervix was 1.5cm long(short) so below the 2cm they like you to be at until 36 weeks. But at this point she said she wasnt worried and that it just meant baby girl might be a little early but if i stay of my feet and dont have may contractions it should go any shorter yet.

She did say that if my fluids are lower at my next ultrasound( Sept 9th) ill be induced at 38 weeks and if not then 39 weeks. Im very happy to not have to worry about going to 40 weeks or going over. 4-5 more weeks until I get to meet my baby girl!!

In the last few days I have started having really bad splitting type pain right down the middle of my pubic bone. Asked my nurse about it this morning and she said it was very common when baby is moving down and my body starts prepping for labor. Oh the joys!

Sorted through all of Ali's clothes today( lots are hand me downs from Ava). Her sleepers alone take up one whole drawer. I may have gone slightly overboard.

Hubby just got approved for 35 weeks parental leave. Part of me feels its too long and we may kill each other but the other part of me is thrilled. He also gets two weeks before my due date or date of induction compassionate leave because im on bed rest which is great.

Added my almost 34 week very very low bumpy.

Hope everyone is doing great!!! We are in the home stretch! Yay!!

I love the nursery Kristin!

All the bumps are looking great! Yourstruly, my bump has gotten very low as well. I'll try to post a picture later. That is great that your hubby gets such good family leave. DH and I will both be at home for almost 5 months, he will be working but from his home office. I'm also worried about us killing each other! :haha: Glad to hear things seem to be okay even though you have to be on bedrest. :( At least you know you'll be meeting baby Ali soon! :)

You'll all have to wait a few weeks on the nursery as we just have the furniture up and I haven't designed the room yet officially. :winkwink:

Went for our non-stress test and Amelia was sucking on her thumb several times. It was ADORABLE!:cloud9:

She's in transverse again. I'm given until next week then they'll start making plans to schedule a c-section and will wait to see if she turns.

They've said they'd try external version but I'm unsure how safe that is. My only option is moxybustion by an acupuncturist. We're starting next week with hopes for a miracle.

Shower is tomorrow and I'll have to share later when I'm more awake and sane emotionally what's gone on so far. :wacko: Hopefully things will go better tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm holding on to my precious girl who was sucking her thumb. I love her more and more with each passing day!:thumbup:

Doug just took this pic of me the other day though. Sorry it's sideways it's how Doug loaded it. I'm a sideways kinda gal anyways. :rofl:

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 6
https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm36/alyssaedelen/lys2.png

https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm36/alyssaedelen/lys1.png
These are me just now, 35 weeks + 5 days!

MA: I hope your shower goes great!!! Love the pic even if it's sideways!!

Kristin! Your room looks amazing and done!! Love the bump!!

Yours: I think my bump is lower too these days... we are almost there!! :D

Mummy2Tyler: Beautiful bump!!

ZB5: Can't wait to see the new paint job!!

Lys, MA, Kristin, Mummy- Lovely bumps! So amazing they're all so different.

ZB- hilarious that youre living hobo style. We lived like that for like 2 months cuz our bedroom was being redone all over so we had the bed mattress on our living room floor! I started getting too pregnant to get up from that low of a position so hunny hurried his slow ass up a little bit to finish the room:)

Yours- thats crazy that your DH gets 35 weeks?!?! How does he manage that one? My DH has to use ALLLLL of his vacation time to be home with me for 2 weeks total....

It Seems like people in different countries get a way better deal. I see women on here getting like a year off??? Thats so foreign to me, we get like 6-8 weeks...im taking about 3 months off but im not full time or anything so I can just tell my work how I want it. I get NO paid time off though...its all just time off with no pay. Wish I had all these bells and whistles. I know more women here just work up until due date pretty much and thats that. :shrug:

MA- have fun at the shower!

Mrs- i wanna see pics of the canvases!

Here is my giNORmous bump at 32 weeks. Getting too big!

Attachments

• 291670_2306174572213_1184755982_2753884_6165981_o.jpg
    291670_2306174572213_1184755982_2753884_6165981_o.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 9
I love all the pictures!

I literally just got home 30 minutes ago from being at the beach ALLLLLLLLLLLLL day. I am sunburned and pooped and must go to bed but will definitely post some pictures tomorrow.

Yours - my DH is taking the whole summer off next year since it's the only time he won't be on course with his military training. Pisser though since if it weren't university he would be allowed to delay his use of parental leave until after the course. Doh! Glad your husband is allowed to take the whole time off without worrying about being sent on a course.

I seriously need to sleep now. I feel like a very pregnant zombie.

You girls are SO ADORABLE I could just squeeze ya! :hugs: :rofl: Love the bump pics ladies!

Fab bumps everyone :thumbup: Here are my updated bump pics, taken today at exactly 32 weeks......

Attachments

• DSC06342.jpg
    DSC06342.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC06343.jpg
    DSC06343.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC06345.jpg
    DSC06345.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online