October babies due dates and bump colours

Mrs K- love the cake ur sis is v talented and agree should be on cake boss like your pic with balloon and yep def frame it. I've never used a high chair but do think a hook on would save room.
Littlestars- i'm with you on achy hips and knees v annoying. i wasn't going to get a breastbump just try do it manually but if not get 1.
Octbebe- u have my sympathy about work and the heat. I was forced to leave early as they kept turning air con off and putting heating on in the summer i've got a grievance meeting on wed so see how that goes.
Welcome n congrats on blue amber and tanni, where abouts in newcastle ru? i was going to do my bag today but been getting pains so relaxing.
Shelleney- you're doing what my plan is regarding feeding :)
zb5- looking forward to the after pics of his room.
mummy2tyler- ur bump is perfect
kristen- your bump looks quite smalll 4 2 n the size of them, love their room
yourstruely- she is def getting lower :thumbup:
mommys angel- miss sideways good to see amelia
lys- u look so happy :)
ny- u look high like mine
tanni- cute
love love the bumps i have to join in but where are peoples stretchmarks grrr so jealous.

I love all the bump pics! I have been getting comments from strangers about how big and/or low I am. I really don't think I'm that big though, I think people just don't know what they're talking about! Anyway, it's good to see all the other bumps on here coming in all shapes and sizes. :)

Okay, my 34w6d bump! You can see my DH in the background, and my exercise ball too if you look real close. :haha:

Attachments

• P1040905copy.jpg
    P1040905copy.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 10
Mrs K- love the cake ur sis is v talented and agree should be on cake boss like your pic with balloon and yep def frame it. I've never used a high chair but do think a hook on would save room.
Littlestars- i'm with you on achy hips and knees v annoying. i wasn't going to get a breastbump just try do it manually but if not get 1.
Octbebe- u have my sympathy about work and the heat. I was forced to leave early as they kept turning air con off and putting heating on in the summer i've got a grievance meeting on wed so see how that goes.
Welcome n congrats on blue amber and tanni, where abouts in newcastle ru? i was going to do my bag today but been getting pains so relaxing.
Shelleney- you're doing what my plan is regarding feeding :)
zb5- looking forward to the after pics of his room.
mummy2tyler- ur bump is perfect
kristen- your bump looks quite smalll 4 2 n the size of them, love their room
yourstruely- she is def getting lower :thumbup:
mommys angel- miss sideways good to see amelia
lys- u look so happy :)
ny- u look high like mine
tanni- cute
love love the bumps i have to join in but where are peoples stretchmarks grrr so jealous.

Its funny you say that! I feel huge but I think i've only been asked if I'm having twins once or twice the whole time...I guess its bc I havent gained much weight so its all belly..lol

Wow, everybody's bumps are just sooo cute! :)

Here's a pic of mine, taken today, at 32 weeks and 2 days....

Attachments

• 32 week bump.jpg
    32 week bump.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 0
lol Kristin, I've been asked if I'm having twins once as well! Nope... everyone just carries differently I guess.

Nypage, Tanni, ZB5, Shelleney: BUMPS are looking GREAT!!! I LOVE looking at belly pics! :D

Yeh Lys me too, thanks for sharing everyone. Its funny, i get everything ranging from people saying i'm small to i look absolutely huge!!! I think people just feel like they have to comment. As for the stretchmarks Adele, i got millions with my 1st, they've all faded now and there's no room for anymore lol xx

I've only got stretch marks under my boobs so far. I wish I didn't have any, but it's not a bad place for them. My boobs are so giant now it's impossible to see underneath! :dohh: Here's hoping the belly stretch marks can stay away for the last 5 weeks. :)

I can't tell if I have stretch marks because im so veiny that I look like a horror movie monster on my belly! Ugh.

No new stretch marks for me yet but I had more than my fair share from being fat before and previous pregnancy.

I went shopping with my sister again (she is a bad influence!) yesterday, DH decided to make me feel bad for buying a second pair of Robeez shoes for the babies. I thought I was doing well since I was reusing the ones DD had and got these ones on sale. Boo, I hate when he poo-poos things I am excited about. My belly was killing me after walking around for only a short while. I don't know if it's a hernia or not but OUCH!!!

So anyway, today I am making it a point not to walk anywhere and only lift very light things and so far so good. It was just starting to hurt midafternoon but after a nap I seem to be good again. FX I'll make it through the night. Off to dinner at my moms.

Just popping back in :hi: Haven't been on this thread in a while, thought I'd update y'all.

So I'm thinking I won't be making it to October with how impatient this little boy is lol. Been in the hospital twice now to stop preterm labor - at 30.2 weeks, and again yesterday at 33.3 weeks. Naughty little bugger. I'm on bed rest til the end of time it seems, which is hard as heck to follow!
What do you think my chances are? I'm already 2.8cm dilated, at least 70% effaced, and at -1 station and this week I've had regular steady contractions (4 or more in an hr) 3 times! Two times I stopped them with Precardia and then that last time in the hospital with Terbutaline.
Full term on the 28th, but they say after 35 weeks if he comes, he comes. I've gotten his steroid shots (I can tell they worked - his hiccups are intense now!) so they've done all they can for him in the womb. But I live about 10 mins away from a hospital with a great NICU now that we've moved, so I think we'll be alright.
What a crazy 1st pregnancy, eh?

Love the nursery pics! Mine is not done at all...but at least we have everything in one room now and the clothes are washed and in the dresser. Hopefully my hubby can work on it next weekend :)

Here's my bumpy today, in my pj's an' all lol:
https://i53.tinypic.com/2youwxf.jpg

Just popping back in :hi: Haven't been on this thread in a while, thought I'd update y'all.

So I'm thinking I won't be making it to October with how impatient this little boy is lol. Been in the hospital twice now to stop preterm labor - at 30.2 weeks, and again yesterday at 33.3 weeks. Naughty little bugger. I'm on bed rest til the end of time it seems, which is hard as heck to follow!
What do you think my chances are? I'm already 2.8cm dilated, at least 70% effaced, and at -1 station and this week I've had regular steady contractions (4 or more in an hr) 3 times! Two times I stopped them with Precardia and then that last time in the hospital with Terbutaline.
Full term on the 28th, but they say after 35 weeks if he comes, he comes. I've gotten his steroid shots (I can tell they worked - his hiccups are intense now!) so they've done all they can for him in the womb. But I live about 10 mins away from a hospital with a great NICU now that we've moved, so I think we'll be alright.

Love the nursery pics! Mine is not done at all...but at least we have everything in one room now and the clothes are washed and in the dresser. Hopefully my hubby can work on it next weekend :)

Sounds like for your next pregnancy you need to be watched for both incompetent cervical issues AND PTL. I can't remember, When did your cervix start measuring 2cm's? Did they do TVU at 16-20wks? Also, have you had progesterone injections? When did you get them? OR have you been without them thus far?

I think this is something you'll have to push to be monitored for in your next pregnancy. That way you'll get more to term and will have steps to help you calm your mind after going through all this.

Now, There are MANY women in my thread for IC that have gone for WEEKS at 2cm's. The question that sticks in my head is your almost 3cm's and 70's effaced which tells me your cervix is open. I'm thinking while it's possible you'll get to 35wks you may go a bit sooner. Best rest WILL help. I mean your going to have to stay in bed WITHOUT getting up for anything other than bathroom break. I would even just wash in bed with warm water, a wash cloth, soap and then a fresh water rinse. LOTS of water to keep those contractions at bay. It's those contractions you've had that most likely have been causing you to start dilating which is what 17P injections are used to help keep at bay...so next time you'll need them....though I can't remember if your in the U.S. or overseas. Right now the only country that has 17P injections is the U.S. because European countries haven't done their extensive studies. BUT, they use progesterone pessieries. (sp) Either way it's been known to help a GREAT deal so keep that in mind and write it down for next time.

Now, I think you'll get more feedback from the girls on my IC thread about guessing how long you'd have. Lizzie and some of the other women have a whole lot of knowledge and may be able to share a bit more about the experience of being almost 3cm's dilated and 70% effaced...to estimate how long before delivery. You can try asking them and see if you get better feedback from them. :hugs: IC Thread

Hope this helps!:winkwink::flower:

Katerdid - sounds like you've been having a rough time of things but I'm glad tohear you are almost full term and it's awesome you are so close to the hospital. Take it easy and keep us posted! Looks like you just might the first one to pop. :)

MA- I am honored to have you on our thread! Always back with knowledgeable response:) Now, what do you know about stroller systems? Lol. I cant pick one!!!!!!!

Little- I love robeez! So cute. I found some second hand and have a couple pairs bought....Have you heard of pedipeds? They're super cute too! Love em.

Kate- very cute bumpy! Looks so neat and tiny:)

MA- I am honored to have you on our thread! Always back with knowledgeable response:) Now, what do you know about stroller systems? Lol. I cant pick one!!!!!!!

Little- I love robeez! So cute. I found some second hand and have a couple pairs bought....Have you heard of pedipeds? They're super cute too! Love em.

Kate- very cute bumpy! Looks so neat and tiny:)

:lol: Thanks...some of the "knowledge" comes from personal experience...other is well, I'm not sure where it comes from. :rofl:

as for stroller systems? That's not my forte! I've had a horrible time trying to figure out what I want. My taste is for the expensive mercedes line strollers with the suspension system....For obvious reasons we don't have one. We have a Graco travel system for the time being but I'm not fond of travel systems. I LOATHE the cheap wheeling systems on them all. I live upstate NY and you know the winters we have here. So instead of buying a convertable carseat like I'd want, I've been told the travel systems with the infant carseat are easy to maneuver baby in and out quickly while they are sleeping instead of waking them to carry them in during rough weather. So, I bit the bullet and got one.

The Chicco Keyfit have a good rating in consumer reports...BUT, all the ones I've seen in the stores are BUTT Ugly. I hear that BRU and buy buy baby have some nice looking colors in.

Other than that, I'm sure the others will chime in with more info on travel systems. I plan to switch for a jogger next spring so Doug and I can work out with Amelia.

Not sure if I mentioned that the Shower went well. We have pics and I especially loved how the cake came out that I designed. We got quite a whole lot and between the gift cards and money were able to buy the pack n play, bumbo, boppy (we got the cover but not the boppy itself), a stainless steel trash can for the cloth diapers, etc. My aunt purchased us the ear thermometer and a motorolla tv monitor to keep an eye on her, we got several pieces of clothes and books...more than we deserve and we are blessed.

I'm glad it's over though...the stress has come and gone and while I'm grateful for the work my parents put into it....and giving the only way they know how to show affection through money....I don't think I ever want anyone putting a party on for me again. :rofl: It's just too flipping stressful....unless of course they do it on their own by surprise. The less I know the better off I am stress-wise.

I'll throw in some pictures this week sometime. We ended up at labor and delivery until 6am Sunday morning because after the long day on Sat. I started feeling tight in my upper belly, LOTS of pressure (still do) in my pelvic and bum and sick to my stomach. So they asked that I come in to get checked. Amelia was moving around the whole time and didn't like her space invaded ONE BIT! So it took a few hours to get a full 20 minutes of non-stress test readings....they also checked the cerclage and for infection. I was NOT happy when I got to pelvic checks manually one after the other...one by the resident and one by the chief resident. I wasn't asked or told there would be two and it was just shoved up there. I HAVE to have a plan once I get up to labor and delivery because they're quick on the draw and don't care what your plan is. This time my Doula wasn't with us because I kinda figured I wasn't in labor.

They mentioned if I had an infection they'd take the stitch out there....one week early.....I said OH NO! Not with her being transverse or breech! I'd wait and talk with my Dr. when I saw her this week before I'd let ANYONE do that. The odds of having her and causing obstruction would be HIGH. The dimwhitts....they said if there was infection they'd take the stitch out...Um, if you take the stitch out, you'll be allowing the infection to get to the baby you idiots! The best thing to do is keep the stitch in, give me agressive antibiotic treatments (flagyl) before you take the stitch out officially. Gee wiz some of these people are idiots! :wacko:

Anyways, we're home but because I had two manual pelvics and it felt as if the chief resident through her whole darn fist up there to touch the flippin stitch...so I was hurting quite a lot today. I get up there again, I'm going to need to be on the draw with these people.

Well, I'll post the pics and everything this week sometime.

Love to you all! :hug:

Kait - Hope he stays put till at least 35weeks for you ........ full term would be even better!! :thumbup: , Hes definatly eager to meet you!! :)
Big hugs xx

nypage - what about buying an infant car seat and a snap'n'go stroller like this: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2327597&searchURL=false That would take care of things for the first 6 months, is a cheap investment and would open up all other strollers as an option for you to buy since you wouldn't have to worry about compatibility for the car seat. There are plenty out there that don't lay flat and it deters people from them but once you eliminate that as a problem because you have the other stroller to get you to the point where the baby has head control then you can consider them once again. It would also allow you to go straight to a jogging stroller as your alternate stroller purchase. Am I making sense? lol Anyway, I have one of the snap'n'go's for twin car seats and plan on using it for all my shopping during the cold months and then as soon as the spring comes I'll use an umbrella stroller for shopping (of which I just happen to have two matching ones that can clip together already). Then I'm purchasing a more heavy duty stroller before the snow comes to use for walking DD to and from school. It will also get used as a jogging/walking stroller for exercise and also when the family goes on excursions like the zoo or a festival etc.

MA - Scary trip to the hospital! I'm glad you are back home and it wasn't the real deal. Sounds like you scored well from the shower. Awesome! :)

I gave my sister her baby 'basket', ended up going slightly in a different direction but mostly because I was having ahard time finding what I wanted and because of a comment she made of things she needed. Ended up not getting the monkey bookends because they had red on them which I hadn't noticed before and it wouldn't go in the room well. I bought a several pieces of clothing, the best bibs ever, couple of toys, change pad cover, a travelling wet bag for diapers, a baby gym mat, cd/book of nursery rhymes, mini antibacterial gels with a funky holder that attaches to anything and then I donated an extra baby carrier I had. She really wanted my BabyBjorn but there was no way I was handing that over! lol Nice try sis. I didn't get a chance to do the tye dye onsies yet with DD so I told her I was sending on a special gift with my mom when she visits after the birth.

I'm hoping to have another almost completely pain free day.. well pain free being relative of course because I have all my other aches. I meant from the "hernia" (I don't know what else to call it). So that means taking it easy. I will be slooooooowly cleaning the house as per usual but it's really starting to be super organized and decluttered and I love it! I wrote up my cleaning plan for the last month pregnant and first 3 months after birth. It's really simplified and written in order of importance so that I can ask DH to pitch in when needed and he can follow. I'm hoping to get one canvas done today for the babies room too. Kinda depends though since DH really wants to have a date night and go see a movie. We'll see.

we got this stroller https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3692931 (as a double stroller of course) and the matching car seats. Both car seats snap onto it. We will be able to use the carseats for around a year and the stroller for longer. And the stroller folds down pretty well, only weighs about 20 pounds...we really like it so far, we will see how it is once we start using it...lol

I'm right with you on not making it to October! I was checked last week and was 2cm dilated and having contractions for about 4 days. I didnt get admitted though. They are planning on having me deliver around 37 weeks (sept. 14th) anyway so I guess maybe thats why they didnt worry too much, they seem content with letting everything take its own course at this point. Its great you live so close to the hospital, we have about a 30 minute drive depending on traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->