October babies due dates and bump colours

I agree zb5 everyones bump is different i think mine is high and ends at my belly button.
Katerdid- i'd go demented on bed rest but worth it. Could your husband maybe leave you a pack lunch before he goes? like your bump pic.
Shelleney- cute pic
Tanni- thanks for giving me hope about stretchmarks mine will hopefully bugger off aswell.
i thought gash was having section on 2nd obvs got that wrong
littlestars- baby basket sounds amazing n thoughtful. Why can't we eat peanut butter after?
kristen- 37 weeks sounds good :thumbup: n isnt that really good for twins?
Nai- how u feeling?
mrs k- ur pics r beautiful thanks so much for sharing

New to site and have been recommended by BabyDeacon to take look. Hello everyone. xx

Welcome LJ!

Adele - you don't have to avoid peanut butter.. but I will have to sneak it and stop my daughter from eating it for the first few months. All because she is really messy when she eats it and if I'm eating it she will want it too. She has a tendancy to end up with it all over her hands and I would hate to think that she would touch the babies with peanut fingers and even worse, let them somehow lick it. Ekk! I was so nervous the first time letting DD have peanut butter. Silly really. The number of people actually allergic is minimal but they make such a huge deal of it in the media it freaks me out. If I remember though, I think I had DD try it at 1yo while we were in the car about 2 minutes from an emergency room. But there is nothing saying you cannot have peanut butter while BFing. Sorry for the confusion! :)

Off to the doctor today for weekly appointment. Only 4 weeks and 2 days until c-section so hoping all is well inside and I can make it. After that I need to get DD some new shoes for school.. I totally forgot to get some and she starts tomorrow. Oppsie! I hate shoe shopping with DD, I miss when I could just pop them on her feet and decide for myself whether they fit.

Welcome LJ!

Adele - you don't have to avoid peanut butter.. but I will have to sneak it and stop my daughter from eating it for the first few months. All because she is really messy when she eats it and if I'm eating it she will want it too. She has a tendancy to end up with it all over her hands and I would hate to think that she would touch the babies with peanut fingers and even worse, let them somehow lick it. Ekk! I was so nervous the first time letting DD have peanut butter. Silly really. The number of people actually allergic is minimal but they make such a huge deal of it in the media it freaks me out. If I remember though, I think I had DD try it at 1yo while we were in the car about 2 minutes from an emergency room. But there is nothing saying you cannot have peanut butter while BFing. Sorry for the confusion! :)

Off to the doctor today for weekly appointment. Only 4 weeks and 2 days until c-section so hoping all is well inside and I can make it. After that I need to get DD some new shoes for school.. I totally forgot to get some and she starts tomorrow. Oppsie! I hate shoe shopping with DD, I miss when I could just pop them on her feet and decide for myself whether they fit.

Thanks Littlestar. Twins ay? Best that is hard work carrying them? When you due and when is your C-section. What you having? xx

Ooh, glad you cleared that up about the peanut butter LittleStars, I was starting to worry! I do know a kid who is allergic to peanut butter and it is very scary. But I try not to get too worried about these things either.

Welcome LJ!

LJ - It's definitely a lot harder carrying two instead of one. They already weight combined more than my daughter did when she was born. Throw in all the extra placenta, fluids etc and I'm busting at the seams! lol But if you look at it as a two for one deal it's well worth it ;) Technically I'm due October 20th but am scheduled for a repeat c-section on Oct 7th. It will be two girls, no names picked out yet though.

Speaking of which...I really need to talk to my husband about that.. lol

I forgot to mention the AWESOME deal I got at Costco when getting the oil changed yesterday. I got the Baby Einstein Around the World play gym for $37 instead of the normal $90 you'd pay at BRU. Love it!!!

Welcome LJ :hi:

Urgh anyone else started with back pain :( .... For the past 3days ive had horrible pain in my lower back , was sat on the birthing ball lastnite to try & ease it with hot water bottles etc .... helped a little at the time but its still here today.

I had terrible SPD with my 1st pregnancy but luckily its not been as bad this time around, no more than a few niggles ..... but now ive started with this annoying achey back :(

zb5 - my friend's daughter WAS allergic to peanut butter but she grew out of it. I'll bet she was happy about that. The daughter is still allergic to sesame oil though but weirdly enough she can eat the seeds on something like a bagel, just not comsume the oil.

Welcome LJ :hi:

Urgh anyone else started with back pain :( .... For the past 3days ive had horrible pain in my lower back , was sat on the birthing ball lastnite to try & ease it with hot water bottles etc .... helped a little at the time but its still here today.

I had terrible SPD with my 1st pregnancy but luckily its not been as bad this time around, no more than a few niggles ..... but now ive started with this annoying achey back :(

Hi Mummy2tyler, Thank you for the hello. I have back ache too more to do with BH than being pregnant lol. x

Littlestars, that is a great deal on the Baby Einstein! We gave up our Costco membership a few years back but may have to rejoin... could be useful with a baby!

That is great that your friend's daughter grew out of her allergy. I just want to know how you find out you grew out of it??? Obviously most people don't want to test it, too scary...

Ooh, I hear moving truck!!! Gtg.

Littlestars- the image of your daughter being covered in peanut butter made me chuckle, glad i can have it :thumbup: hope docs goes ok.
Welcome LJ and congrats on your new :blue:

Finally got a few mins to do a little update :coffee:

So i had my girlie night the other week was really good but stressful as people said they would come and didnt turn up or say they weren't coming aargh found out my true friends tho :thumbup: got some pressies too :happydance: 1 friend MADE a nappy cake but everything tigger (as i'm a fan haha) n there r treats in for me2 eg chocolate she also got me a diary for the first year with sproggle n made blue cupcakes n decorated my living room bless her. Then i got a blue nappy cake the girl was determined to get sproggles name so could personalize but my lips r still sealed :haha:. N then i got some clothes, swimming nappy and body warmer suit cant wait to take him as been really enjoying my aqua natal classes

Popped into work today as had a meeting about a grievance i placed (grrr) everyone was saying how bump is lower and i'm looking well (funny considering i was sick this morning where did that come from!)

hope everyone is ok? i'll put bump pic on later as feeling left out

p.s welcome and congrats chezziepie
mummy2tyler- bless u :-( u could maybe try swimming?

Hi!

Welcome LJ and CHezzie.

Mummy- back aches are the worst and NEVER seem to let up. I have a knee problem? Apparently one that I did not know about until this pregnancy, but its so bad that I cannot walk on it....ummm, not sure where the knee problem came from. Damn fat suit! I hope you can get some rest, really just laying around is all that would help it I think.

Little- nice info on the play mat. I do costco, and wanted the Einstein playm mat but am sure tha tmy costco probably doesnt have it. I kinda hate how random they are....
Don't worry, or do, but I dont have a name yet either. And, I guess I am worried. Lol. I have 5 weeks....you are before me so you have less than that even! Ok, lets worry.

So, how come its ok to eat PB while BF? That doesnt travel in your milk to baby? Im pretty dumb about that all, just want to make sure ! I know that caffeine affects baby's sleep, so that must travel, and alcohol and stuff, so why not peanuts?

Hey ladies. Welcome all newcomers!
Sorry Im not going to read through everything right now. I will later I promise.

Just a little update on me. IM DONE WITH BEING PREGNANT!!! Just when I think things cant get worse now the doctor tells me the pain in my pubic bone is from the bone separating which they arent really supposed to do. She said generally they just loosen but mine have actually separated a little and that is whats causing all my pain. Bed rest isn't helping much as I can only rest so much with being home alone all day with Ava. She has turned into a little trouble maker pulling everything off shelves and screaming at me when I say no. It's kinda funny sometimes. Getting her up and down the stairs is impossible now so she now naps down here which is throwing everything off but I physically can not get her up.

Thankfully only 2.5 weeks left of bed rest and 1 week left of having a nurse here everyday. I have another scan on friday to recheck baby's growth and my fluid levels. If they have dropped passed 5 ill be induced at 38 weeks and if they haven't dropped 39 weeks.

Was supposed to have a doctors appointment this week but I cant get in so my next is on the 15th and she starts internal checks then. Call me crazy but I love them. I love hearing if im progressing or not. With already being 1cm dilated and having a cervical length of 1.5cm im not hoping for to much progress though.

Sorry for my mini rant ladies. I hope you are all well.

welcome LJ and Chezzie! :hi:

Thanks for clearing that up about the PB, LittleStars.. I was confused! I don't understand either how PB in breastmilk is okay but directly it isn't? I guess our bodies do filter a lot before it gets to LO..

I would upload some nursery pics, but I'm still waiting for the mattress to arrive... so I'll do pictures when it finally gets here :) Been waiting for 3 weeks already... it was accidentally sent to our old address at the apartments we used to live.. where the girl in the office apparently decided to keep the mattress for herself since she figured I didn't live there anymore and wouldn't come get it. Boy was she surprised when we did show up! And of course pretended to never have received it, even though FedEx had her sign for it. Grr.. made me so angry. That girl is lucky that DH was coming to pick it up and not me.. I would have made a big scene!

BRU was awesome about it and just reshipped it to our correct address. I'm hoping FedEx gets onto that girl though, and demands the shipment back from her!

Anyway.. not a big deal anymore, I guess, since BRU is reshipping and I should have the mattress soon :)

Yourstruly: ooh, that totally sucks! Must be a lot of pain! I'm sorry... hope it gets at least a little better!

Oh, and names.. I don't think it's a big deal to decide on one after LO is born, even. Sometimes it's just easier when you see them face-to-face! I thought we would wait until after the birth to decide.. but then the other day DH unexpectedly made it all really simple by telling me I can have my favorite name as the first name if he can have his as the middle name. :happydance: I don't care about the middle name or what DH might call him.. as long as I can have myyy name as the first ;-)
So Lucas Andrew it is... unless we change our mind. hehe.

MA- hope the moxibustion gets Amelia to turn! She's been very stubborn about it, that's for sure ;)

I've been leaning over my birth ball a lot in hopes it gets LO to engage quicker and go into labor quicker... haha.. I know that probably doesn't work.. but it makes me feel like i'm doing at least SOMETHING to hurry things up ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->