October babies due dates and bump colours

Ouch, yeah, hospitals are so expensive! I got the preview (not the actual bill yet) for what my 4 day stay in August is gonna be ... $3,500 after insurance! And I've got two more hospital visits to pay for after that, plus when I actually deliver. Hopefully they'll work with us cuz we're dirt poor atm. :nope:

Ooh, that is terrible! I hope you have an annual out of pocket maximum. I do, I think it is about $4000, but my plan year just rolled over so I'm starting back at zero now right before the delivery. :dohh: When I called the hospital about my bill, they offered me a payment plan starting at $20-30/month. We'll see how much all the bills add up to before deciding anything. I've heard you can negotiate the bills lower but my hospital didn't seem interested in negotiating the total amount, just offering a payment plan. :shrug:

I've complained to my friends about how expensive having a baby is, and they all think I mean I'm buying fancy new clothes and furniture for him. Nope! So far it's been a couple thousand dollars just towards doctors and insurance... :wacko:

4cm, wow! My cousin's wife sat around at 4cm for a week or two waiting for labor... she kept thinking it was going to happen right away but it didn't. But she was at about 39 weeks at that point! I hope you make it as long as possible. But at least at this point hopefully you can avoid the annoying parts of early labor that everyone complains about? Endless contractions with little progress... it doesn't sound fun. Good luck!

Morning ladies.

Gash- Congrats he is absolutely beautiful. Sending you both positive vibes for a quick recovery.

Wow Katerdid. 4 CM. At least your at a point where is born baby will be healthy. When I went into pre term labor they told me the magical week they wanted me to make it to was 34 weeks. Hope your not too uncomfortable until the big day comes.

All of you US ladies I can't even imagine having to worry about how much going to the hospital was going to cost. I am so thankful health care here covers stuff like that. I cant imagine having one more thing tro stress over at this point.

Im off for my 3rd BPP today. Hoping my fluid levels have stayed the same at the least and that baby girl is still growing well. 1-2 more weks of bed rest and 3-4 more weeks until I meet my baby girl unless she decides to come earlier.

Good luck yourstruly! I hope your fluid levels are good and baby girl decides to stay inside for another few weeks. :)

zb5 - Not sure if we have an out of pocket max...we'll have to look everything over and see. But we'll definitely be pleading broke and hope that they will work with us.

Yeah, I'm glad that I probably won't be in early labor long. I didn't really think I would be anyways since my mom and her mom all had labors less than 6 hours. But at least I know for sure that once it starts, it'll go fast!

Hi Gash, hope the little one is ok. I have noticed that I am not on the first page yet. sob sob lol xxx

oooh it's all getting so exciting, none of us have very long left now :) xx

Soon be done and dusted lol. That means where we all go then to have a chat lol. Will this tread be called Post Due Date Oct 11? Hmmm I wonder lol :happydance:

Baked a cake, waiting for it to cool right now, then DD will be icing and decorating. Ekk! The main floor of the house is clean and ready to go with the exception of the kitchen which will need another clean after dinner. Just need to tackle to basement a little incase they play video games and then pack my hospital bag. I returned the pj pants I bought in favor of buying a size larger for extra comfort on the belly post surgery. I think I have everything now so that packing should be a breeze. I'm going mininalist this time rather than over packing. DH will comes and see me everyday and my parents (and MIL but who cares) will come as well so I'm not worried about not having what I need/want. Helps I don't have to go through labor though, I guess those who do need a lot more things.. can't really remember what I packed last time.

I also got myself a (not sure what they are called) soap poof thing on a stick today. I am finally admitting defeat, it's too hard showering, it's very uncomfortable washing my legs/feet.

Anyway, all that to say.. I actually seem to be on the ball today, getting things done and all. Loving it!

WTG littlestars!

I'm tired because of no sleep so this will be a quick update:

Hi ladies,

5hr appointment with perinatal center. :wacko: Amelia is breech again. She's just NOT willing to move no matter what we try. She weighs 7lbs and everything is on schedule. I have high-normal amniotic fluid so we're monitoring it.

Tentative c-section scheduled for October 6th because of her breech position. They took the cerclage stitch out a week early and it had me nervous. I was wondering if she'd drop out right there on the table. :rofl: She's fine and I still have length, she wasn't at the stitch etc.

I have SEVERE water retention in my feet, ankles and pelvis. The pelvis hurts BAD. That could be a reason she's giving us issues or it could be a cord issue. We chose NOT to have external inversion as it would hurt like all getup and I just don't want to take a chance on Amelia's well-being to force her to turn. She's NOT turning for a reason.

With the stitch out, I have to watch for contractions. Because Amelia is breech she said no ands, if's or buts..we must RUSH to labor and delivery. :wacko: Her reasoning for taking it out early is contractions can cause the stitch to tear the cervix. The baby is big enough to stay put and not just drop out.

At this point, I can still go into labor but unless she turns on her own, it would be considered an emergency c-section if before Oct. 6th.

What an ordeal. :rofl: Even with a "scheduled c-section" nothing is still in stone. Can't plan a darn thing because when she comes and HOW she comes is anyones guess. :haha:

All I know is that while I didn't want c-section, as long as Amelia is safe...that's all that matters! I'm at peace we did everything we could within reason to her own well-being.

I have my last injection tonight and that should keep contractions at bay for another week. My concern is how heavy she'll be if she'll break my water sooner than later even with the 17P injection. :shrug:

It's all in Gods hands. I'm going to rest while I still can, put my blowfish feet up and enjoy the last few weeks of feeling Amelia in my body. I have many blessings to count.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Hisirishgem/IMG_0306.jpg

MA, that is great that she weights 7 lbs already! It sounds like everything is going well, but complicated of course due to the stitch, injections, and her being breech... I understand you must be very nervous! Not knowing when things are going to happen, and if they start, that you must go to L&D as soon as possible... that is nerve-wracking! Good luck! Stay in there Amelia until October 6! :)

We have our first childbirth class tomorrow, and also a breastfeeding class. It's a little late to be starting them but it was the earliest I could do it because of the move. I'm actually annoyed because it's 2.5 hours of breastfeeding class, then a 2.5 hour break, then 4 hours of childbirth class... it's basically our entire day! I think I will be exhausted and sick of it by the end.

Today we went shopping and bought a bunch of the stuff off our registry with the 10% off discount now that our shower is over. I think we have almost everything now except the car seat! (Silly us, leaving the car seat for last when it's the ONE thing you need to take baby home from the hospital... :dohh:) I think we are going to get the Graco Snugride 30, as it is lighter weight than the 35. But DH didn't like any of the colors at the store, so we'll get it somewhere else or order it online. At least we have a plan in place!

MA- sorry to hear that Amelia is still breech and that you must have a c-section. Good for you though, that you are staying very positive about it all. You're just doing what's best for your daughter. Its great news that she's already 7lbs, and that you made it to 36 weeks, so if she does decide to come now, she will be fit and healthy. Well done you! Although I do hope that she waits until 6th October so that she can arrive in a planned c-section rather than an emergency one (and I know you would love her to be born ion october rather than september).
Good luck with everything, and keep us updated :flower:
xx

zb5- i had a feeding workshop which lasted 2.5 hours n it was tiring it could of been made a lot shorter but the lady kept waffling on. I couldn't hack it all in 1 day tho. I've got my 2nd anti natal class on Tues and 3rd and final on 20th sept so defo getting quite close.
Went to aqua natal class yesterday loving it as i'm the furthest gone.
Getting hair done today and then going to see the lady boys of bangkok with mum tonight can't wait. Baba be wondering whats going on hehe :blush:

Adele - ladyboys of Bangkok are amazing! I saw them in Manchester 3 years ago, and it was brilliant! Have fun!
xx

MA - That's too bad about her staying breech and the enviable section! Good for you for staying positive about it though!! :thumbup:

Zb5 - lol, yeah, you kinna need a car seat :haha: hope you guys can find one in a color you both agree on!

MA - sorry to hear that your efforts didn't work but at least you know you're headed for a c-section and are able to come to terms with it prior to labor. It sucks when you are expecting a vaginal birth and it truly is an emergency that causes you to have a section. 7lbs is a great weight, just keep those legs of your crossed for a few weeks and hopefully you'll make it to October. hehe

zb5 - I let DH pick the infant car seat and he picked one that is black, grey and yellow! ekk! certainly not my choice but it was the only thing he really had a colour opinion on. Weird to hear another husband who cars about car seat colours. :)

Adele - had to google Lady Boys.. looks like a fun night out! Have a great time.

lol, my DH had to pick the stroller color too! I figure I should let him pick the color since I pretty much picked the style and everything else. :)

I also had to google Lady Boys. It does look like fun! Enjoy. :)

Hi Ladies!!
WOW, so much has happened in the last couple days!!

Katerdid!! Keep us updated, crazy to think it could be anytime. :flower: I for sure understand the stress of the bills as we are pretty tight financially as well!!
NY: I am still hoping baby turns!! I have an appt on Monday morning and will recheck the status but I am 37 weeks tomorrow so if baby does not turn in the next week we will schedule a C section. I am about to go put air in my workout ball and get to bouncing!! :haha:

Yesterday was my last day of work and it has just been a CRAZY week trying to transition over to someone else and get everything caught up to a point where I felt OK to leave. I have been too exhausted to do anything but come home from work, eat and sleep. Today is my first weekend off in I don't even know how long and I had all these things I wanted to do and I am just pooped!!! OH says take it easy and relax I just feel bad sitting around when he is working on the house.

MA: Stich is gone, last of the injections... WOW I feel like time is really flying!! Glad to hear baby is a very healthy weight. I know your bummed about the C -section but like you said the most important thing is babies health and I am trying to keep that at the front of my mind as well as I REALLY wanted a natural birth.

I am full term (technically) tomorrow!! :D Hope everyone has a GREAT day!! :happydance:

Whoooaaa, full term tomorrow Lys! Wow! I guess that means our Oct. 1 gals are full term today? First day of full term Octobers!!! Let 'em roll!

8 days left for me. We ordered our car seat online today, hope it comes in time. :) We now have everything we need for baby (I think... minus some small things...) except a room to put them in! His room is still unpainted and full of crap. :dohh: Hurry up DH!

Whoooaaa, full term tomorrow Lys! Wow! I guess that means our Oct. 1 gals are full term today? First day of full term Octobers!!! Let 'em roll!

8 days left for me. We ordered our car seat online today, hope it comes in time. :) We now have everything we need for baby (I think... minus some small things...) except a room to put them in! His room is still unpainted and full of crap. :dohh: Hurry up DH!

Amelia's room has her furniture put together but is also full of stuff from the shower. I feel SO overwhelmed as I don't have the energy to finish up. All her duds need to be washed and put away and I need a spot for everything. :lol:

Okay, so lets see the color of the car seat you finally went with!!:winkwink:

We went with "Lotus" - black and red, fairly simply, and manly! :)

https://www.rightstart.com/graco-sn...us.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping

I like it too, so we didn't even have to argue about it. (The only thing I didn't like is that some of the other colors are actually cheaper so if it were just me I maaay have gone with a cheaper one. Oh well.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->