October babies due dates and bump colours

Very cute Pack n play. LOTS of storage! Not bad at all. WTG on learning the linky. :happydance: :thumbup:

I really like that one with the changing table attached...its really cute!

MA- I really like your set also. Super cute! They didn't have that one in any stores here. I almost got one with a napper also, but then realized we didn't need that option because the one with a napper at our store was the $199 one and didn't want that expensive.

I hope the changing tables are useful! Ive read that some tilt a bit..reviews drive me nuts!!

nypage1981- Love your pack and play. So much storage. Its really cute too. We never used the change table on our pack and play. We had a change table in her room that was higher up though and it was easier on me post birth.

We have everything bought and tons and ton of clothes but Old Navy is having their baby sale right now where things are as low as 5$ and I found the cutest onesie there today so I had to buy it. (picture added)

Thank you everyone for the well wishes also. Hoping she stays put until at least 37 weeks. I am 37 weeks the day of Ava's birthday party. Maybe all the activity and stess will send me into labor lol.

Also added a picture of my almost 35 week bump from a few days ago. You can tell my fluid levels really had gone up and that she is growing well.

Yay for growing baby and belly Yours truly! Hope you make it til that 37 weeks:)

That is a really nice wall of the nursery Adele! And I love your bump! Looking good. :)

MA, I really like the black and purple for a girl too...

Sounds like a lot of us are at the same point in preparations. Nai, we also have all the baby stuff in the guest room but need to finish the baby's room so we can move it all in. The crib won't do him much good when it's still in its box, with the mattress propped up against the wall! :haha:

My midwife said to start EPO at 37 weeks so maybe that's what I'll do... we'll see. I feel like it couldn't really hurt to start a little early, as it supposedly takes weeks to do anything, but then if he did arrive too early I would always wonder if that was the problem, etc.

nypage1981- Love your pack and play. So much storage. Its really cute too. We never used the change table on our pack and play. We had a change table in her room that was higher up though and it was easier on me post birth.

We have everything bought and tons and ton of clothes but Old Navy is having their baby sale right now where things are as low as 5$ and I found the cutest onesie there today so I had to buy it. (picture added)

Thank you everyone for the well wishes also. Hoping she stays put until at least 37 weeks. I am 37 weeks the day of Ava's birthday party. Maybe all the activity and stess will send me into labor lol.

Also added a picture of my almost 35 week bump from a few days ago. You can tell my fluid levels really had gone up and that she is growing well.

Are fluid levels supposed to go up?? reason I'm asking is because I'm having severe edema in my pelvic area. The area mostly feels like leather now but has some bumps with water filled in them. It's Gross! Then my feet, ankles and legs are swelling. I'm being monitored in case of pre-eclampsia but so far my blood pressure is doing just fine. I've been laying on my side to try to disburse the water retention in my body though. The pelvic area is so bloated its painful now.

Also, does anyone know what it means if I have high-normal amniotic fluid?! :shrug: They mentioned they are watching that as well. I'm just wondering what happens if it goes above the high-normal to high abnormal? What can happen?

I'm being monitored with non-stress test twice a week starting this week now. So I'm being monitored VERY closely. I'm a bit nervous, but I think it's a good idea. If this water issue in my pelvis continues, I'm not quite sure I'll make it to Oct. Not only is it painful but it's VERY heavy. No WONDER I feel like a flippin truck! They say I only gained 14lbs, lost 2lbs last week and gained 3 this week all from more water weight. I wasn't feeling light at all. I guess I know why. :dohh:

MA- Fluid levels can go up and its considered normal( drinking lots of water and bed rest can make them go up if they are too low like mine were)
My AFI was 8 which is the low end of normal and they are now 15 which is just normal. With Ava my levels were the high end of normal at 23. An AFI of 25 is when they start calling it Polyhydramnios. High end of normal didnt cause me any problems other then lots of heaviness and a huge gush when they broke my water.

The link I added goes to an AFI chart with each week and fluid levels.
https://fetalanomalies.org/Fluid.html

MA- Fluid levels can go up and its considered normal( drinking lots of water and bed rest can make them go up if they are too low like mine were)
My AFI was 8 which is the low end of normal and they are now 15 which is just normal. With Ava my levels were the high end of normal at 23. An AFI of 25 is when they start calling it Polyhydramnios. High end of normal didnt cause me any problems other then lots of heaviness and a huge gush when they broke my water.

The link I added goes to an AFI chart with each week and fluid levels.
https://fetalanomalies.org/Fluid.html

Well that explains why I Feel like a massive truck! I'm literally picking up my lower pelvis thats how heavy it is. I'll take a look at the link you share. Thanks!

We got a Graco pack n play, it looks just like MA's but ours does not have the bassinett or changing table on top. He can sleep on the upper layer as an infant, and then use the bottom as a playpen once he's older. Our house is on 3 levels right now, I don't know how we're going to distribute everything! But the pack n play may go in the lower level with DH's office so he can watch him and work at the same time (at least in theory!).

Kristin and LittleStars, my friends with twins had two separate pack n plays for their twins, when they were using them as playpens at 9-10 months old. :shrug: They need room to move around anyway so they would be pretty cramped together. They also had an area set up with a bunch of baby gates where they could play together without getting "out" into the rest of the house. :)

yourstruly, glad you are back from the hospital! You are pretty close to 37 weeks now so there's a good chance you make it. I hope so. :) Stay in there Ali!

MA, sorry to hear about all the swelling. I think my swelling is just getting worse and worse as time goes on. I don't think it'll get better until I deliver. :( Mostly it is in my hands and feet, so I can't complain too much.

Okay, hope everyone is doing well! I can't wait to hear about our next births! (Hopefully all full term ladies!)

We got a Graco pack n play, it looks just like MA's but ours does not have the bassinett or changing table on top. He can sleep on the upper layer as an infant, and then use the bottom as a playpen once he's older. Our house is on 3 levels right now, I don't know how we're going to distribute everything! But the pack n play may go in the lower level with DH's office so he can watch him and work at the same time (at least in theory!).

Kristin and LittleStars, my friends with twins had two separate pack n plays for their twins, when they were using them as playpens at 9-10 months old. :shrug: They need room to move around anyway so they would be pretty cramped together. They also had an area set up with a bunch of baby gates where they could play together without getting "out" into the rest of the house. :)

yourstruly, glad you are back from the hospital! You are pretty close to 37 weeks now so there's a good chance you make it. I hope so. :) Stay in there Ali!

MA, sorry to hear about all the swelling. I think my swelling is just getting worse and worse as time goes on. I don't think it'll get better until I deliver. :( Mostly it is in my hands and feet, so I can't complain too much.

Okay, hope everyone is doing well! I can't wait to hear about our next births! (Hopefully all full term ladies!)

My pelvic area is triple it's size.:wacko: I've NEVER seen it this bad. Today I stayed mostly on either side. I'm putting a pillow down there between the sore area.

I'm kind of depressed today.:cry: I just feel overwhelmed. The house isn't as clean as I'd like it. The steps need to be swept and I saw a spider on it. The downstairs woodwork needs to be swept and mopped, everytime I clean the kitchen countertops my husband quickly leaves things there before he goes to work. Amelia's clothes need to be washed and put away, the other items from the shower need a place, my bedroom carpet needs to be vaccuumed, the floor needs to be mopped on the side, I need to wash the sheets and put a new bedspread on, tidy up. The bathroom is the only room I've kept clean because I clean up everytime I go in. On top of that, with the swelling and the lack of sleep, the constipation and acid refulx around the clock....and NOW with the concern of Amelia's high-normal amniotic fluid...I'm just starting to feel overwhelmed. I want to do something about everything and I just don't have the energy OR the mindset right now.:nope::cry::wacko: It's obvious hormonal moment of a meltdown but I just feel overwhelmed today. Not to mention looking in the mirror at that water issue makes me feel HUGE. My husband says this isn't the time to look and make those kinds of accusations about my weight as it's not all that accurate right now PLUS I'm carrying a baby and have water weight. I'm sure he's right...I'm just frustrated. :cry:

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day emotionally.:thumbup:

Hugs MA! :hug: I hope you feel better soon. I think this is par for the course in 3rd tri. Too much to do, not enough energy to do it with, plus our bodies just getting huger and huger. :wacko:

Hi Ladies :hi:
I have been looking at all of your sleeping options for the babies. It seems all of you are using pack n plays/play yards, etc.

Our LO will be sleeping in this Moses basket in our bedroom for the first 4-6 months - https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-bedtime-hugs-moses-basket/770003800/type-i/

We will then be moving her into this cotbed in her own room up until she's 5 years old - https://www.mamasandpapas.com/produ...pe-i/?cm_re=Navigation-_-Furniture-_-Hayworth

xx

Big hugs MA. Hope you start feeling better soon :hugs:

Hope you manage to keep Ali in for at least another 2 weeks YT. Hope you make it past Ava's birthday at least!

Hope the rest of the October ladies are doing well. Take it easy, and dont overdo it!
xx

Shell- I cant see your pics for some reason, but im just trying to visualize the cotbed....does it convert to something for them to be able to sleep in til 5?

MA- yeh, I have those breakdown days all the time too. Sorry you are feeling overwhelmed and hope its a passing moment and you feel better soon. We all have the overwhelmed feeling I thnk, because we want things perfect and all done before baby, but will never be as perfect as we want. Just do what you can, its the only choice we have!

Sorry Nyp. Can you see these pics?

The baby can sleep in the cot up to the age of 2 years (ish). Then you take the sides off, and it becomes a bed which the child can sleep in up to the age of 5-7 years (ish)
xx

Attachments

• cot.jpg
    cot.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 23
  • bed.jpg
    bed.jpg
    786 bytes · Views: 19
Ahhh, that makes more sense yes! That is what our cribs do also, they usually all convert to a toddler bed too. Very cute!

Most of the equipment/furniture etc does the same stuff, they just have different names :wacko:
xx

i always have to check where all you ladies are from when you say what you've bought cos it means totally different things uk to us lol i love that cot it's really pretty :)

Thankyou Nai. Its beautiful, isnt it? We set it up in the nursery on saturday night, but then realised it didnt come with a mattress (it seems everyone but me knows that you have to buy them seperately :dohh: ) so we gotta go buy one this weekend....
xx

Nai - play pen is what my mom calls the play yards too. As for how old they need to be in order to 'play' in them.... depends on when your LO starts sitting on their own and doesn't fall over constantly. Sitting I think was around 4 months for DD BUT she would fall over and get mad and cry constantly for another 6 weeks of so until she learned to use her muscles and arms to stop it from happening. It was funny for un to watch but man she used to get mad.

MA - hang in there! Time to write a list of things your husband could do to help you out and insist he tackles it each day. For example, he could wash the baby clothing and bring it to you to fold and put in the closet/dresser. That way if you go into labor before you can get everything done he knows what he needs to do while you are recovering in the hospital :) Well at least that's the theory.

Finally today my DH is out of the house until after 8pm and I can get up to mischief. When he's around I never get my 'projects' done. So I'm really going to at least start painting the change table. Gotta get it ready for some rhinestones! lol Yeah I'm blinging my change table.. Gotta make a gross task more glamorous! Then sticking up the wall stickers I found to see if they work, start the paintings for the wall and do a general tidy up on the main floor. Phew.. I'm tired just writing all that.

In the meantime I really should hop in the shower and get ready to pick up DD from school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->