October babies due dates and bump colours

We went with "Lotus" - black and red, fairly simply, and manly! :)

https://www.rightstart.com/graco-sn...us.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping

I like it too, so we didn't even have to argue about it. (The only thing I didn't like is that some of the other colors are actually cheaper so if it were just me I maaay have gone with a cheaper one. Oh well.)

Figures that they would charge more for the color most people would buy!:dohh::wacko: I think it's cute. I actually LOVE the purple one for a girl. So good you both were able to agree on the car seat. That's ALWAYS a plus. :thumbup:

I hqve finally decided AND purchased our travel system! That's huge for me, I've been hemmin and hawwin over it for months now. I also got a bassinet to borrow from a friend and my mom is buying a pack n play for us and high chair. I'm finally getting somewhere. Hope someone gets my diaper bag and breast pump!

Zb I Luke those colors, very nice!

Happy full term to October 1st due babies!

I hqve finally decided AND purchased our travel system! That's huge for me, I've been hemmin and hawwin over it for months now. I also got a bassinet to borrow from a friend and my mom is buying a pack n play for us and high chair. I'm finally getting somewhere. Hope someone gets my diaper bag and breast pump!

Zb I Luke those colors, very nice!

Happy full term to October 1st due babies!

Show n Tell, show n tell. Let me see the system you chose. How fun! I love this part ladies!:happydance:

We got the Graco Meadow Minagerie which will do until we buy a jogger in the spring. It's cute in person. We also bought the matching pack n play.

wow that is lots to catch up on!!

DH managed to fix our laptop which is brilliant news :) so i am back online and just in the nick of time by the sounds of it with some of you ladies starting to pop!!!

MA i have a good feeling for you, i think you're going to hold off for a good while longer and amelia is going to get very close to, if not reach, october 6th! :hugs:

DH is seriously averse to me starting on the RLT or the EPO at the moment :wacko: he seems to think she'll pop out early if i try and do anything to ease into labour naturally earlier than 40weeks at this point lol bless him.. I'm not terribly convinced by his "i'm so tired i really want a hug" insistence either every night - not that i'm really up for dtd myself anyway but i know for sure that he thinks if we dtd there's a chance she could fall out when he's finished :haha: poor man... i don't think he'll be saying this when i become a november mummy!! and he'll be so sorry cos i'll be saying "WELL, if you'd JUST let me start the RLT, EPO and DTD i'd have had my baby by now!!" :haha:

we are finally moved and settled in, still unpacking the last of our boxes but it really is the last of our boxes, and the only way to do it is to get the nursery finished so i can transfer LO's stuff to her room out of the guest room, THEN i can finish the guest room :thumbup:

this week i have painted 3 walls of LO's room - can't wait to share pics :)

yesterday we went to a large agricultural show where our gorgeous little beagle one a rosette in the dog show for best "gent with a conditioned dog".. suck that up you pedigree doggies who were in the class with her, my meggy was beautiful! :haha: ok i was slightly over-competitive.. but it was our first dog show.. unfortunately i now have a love for it and i can see this turning into a problem next year with me googling dog shows and entering her in everything just to get rosette's :rofl:

our travel system is in too and ready for collection.. now for the embarassing "approach MIL and ask her if she actually still intends paying for it" moment... this is the one we chose, it's the icandy peach which converts to a double stroller if needed if we're blessed enough to have a 2nd baby before LO is out of her buggy... this is the carrycot function of it anyway but obviously it has the buggy conversion too :thumbup: DH chose our colour too so we got the blackjack to be neutral, HOWEVER the car seat we got in marble pink so HAHAHAHAHAHA that was his one concession to allow me something girlie for travelling with - only because once it's on the pram it's basically entirely colour neutral again with the way it sits :haha: but you can get different covers too for £40 so can easily change if needs be..

and today we pick up our crib from my parents house so he can start on our cot :dance: SO exciting!!!!

so looking forward to all the updates coming in now as our ladies reach full term and start having their gorgeous babies!!! :cloud9:

anyone got any more nursery pics or full term bump pics they want to share!? xx

Welcome back nai, u sound v busy bless u.
Congrats Gash he's gorgeous :happydance: hope you are both :thumbup:
Eeeee exciting stuff not long for us to go now
i've finally sorted my hospital stuff just need to put in babas clothes
hows everyone getting on choosing names?

bump pics and 1 of nursery wall
020.jpg

028.jpg

034.jpg

love the pics adele :thumbup: that wall is gorgeous, as is your bump!

Adele - looking great!

Nai - no putting your children in pageants please! lol Awesome job on your beagle winning though :) A friend of mine is really into training dogs for obstacle course competitions. She has three dogs she competes with. It's really amazing but I would never have the patience.

I love that everyone is getting their baby stuff. I've decided to get the side-by-side stroller by Mountain Buggy myself, only comes in black so nothing to decide about now. But I will be waiting to order it for a few weeks since I can pop the twins into the single bassinette that is part of my old stroller for the first part. I'll probably not bother getting it until November or so. I'm debating the issue of breast pumps still but won't be buying any until after the birth once I know I've got some milk to actually pump. Just can't seem to justify an electric one when I am not going back to work but at the same time I don't know if I'm being completely crazy since I'm having twins so I posed a question in the twin section and hope they can shed some light for me. I really should write a list on paper of the few things I still need to buy right after birth to keep me organized.

Still no progress on baby names. But the nursery is at a point where I just need to finish a few little things. Unfortuantely one of those little things is painting the change table white so that'll take me a day or two. Guess I should get started on that today eh? I half assed packed some stuff for the hospital last night for myself but I really need to do it more properly. I know I have everything in the house I need, I just need to make sure it goes in the bag!

I keep fogetting about this thread oops!!

Hope everyone is well
COngrats Nat!!!

Not much going on here, I finish work on Friday which I cannot wait for

That is a really nice wall of the nursery Adele! And I love your bump! Looking good. :)

MA, I really like the black and purple for a girl too...

Sounds like a lot of us are at the same point in preparations. Nai, we also have all the baby stuff in the guest room but need to finish the baby's room so we can move it all in. The crib won't do him much good when it's still in its box, with the mattress propped up against the wall! :haha:

My midwife said to start EPO at 37 weeks so maybe that's what I'll do... we'll see. I feel like it couldn't really hurt to start a little early, as it supposedly takes weeks to do anything, but then if he did arrive too early I would always wonder if that was the problem, etc.

Adele- how cute that wall mural is and your bump too!

MA- Idk how to put links up of things on here so we got the color Azura in the Chicco- its brand new- mainly blue and silver. OH chose the color. Chicco doesn't have the greatest colors but they are top travel system so I went with it. Surprisingly OH chose the most expensive travel system that was even at baby's r us in the single strollers. He usually isnt like that, so i said yes although didn't love the color. I will get used to it! We will also be getting a jogger within the next month or two probably so we can use it through snow.

Im stoked that a friend borrowed me a bassinet. There's one less thing to buy! Woo hoo!
But now my mom is left with nothing to buy me so i've said a pack n play, although I dont really know why I need one. Guess itll be there in case for if the baby hates sleeping in the bassinet as I know some do.

i'm going to have to google what a pack 'n' play is cos all you USA ladies keep saying about them and i've no clue what it is lol

our travel system is pretty expensive but well worth it as it has all we need from now to toddler plus it converts to a double system too so it was just the best way to go - i was a bit bummed we got the plain browny black colour but DH is right really in thinking that we should go neutral so i shouldn't complain.. i can always jazz it up with blankies and toys :kiss:

Nai - We call a pack'n'play a play yard here in Canada or at least in my neck of the woods. Wonder what you call them in the UK. Can't remember what my mum calls them.. she still uses all her british terms despite moving here over 35 years ago.

hmm i just googled it and it looks like a travel cot!? something you'd use if you were going to a friends' house or on holiday or something?

Hey ladies. Little quick update. Was in the hospital again two night ago with full blown every 2 min contractions. I went from a 1cm dilated to a 2, midline to anterior but stayed long(2cm long)in 2 hours. Contractions got stronger but farter apart and when I was checked another 3 hours later I hadn't changed anymore so they told me if I wanted I could go home so I did. The contractions slowly stopped sometime last night. Still getting the odd one today but not many. Loosing lots of plug. Just trying to take it easy and keep her in as long as possible. She weighted in at 5lb 8oz at 34+6 which I was told is perfect and my fluid levels have gone up!!

We have everything bought and ready to go except hospital bags( bad me I should know better).

As for play yards Ava slept in hers until she was 2 months in our room. Doctor was fine with it and even said "why waste money on a bassinet when play yards are designed with them anyways". Ali won't be using it only because I am putting her straight into her own room.

YT - you've not got your bags packed!? you crazy lady!!! i'm doing mine tomorrow hopefully.. if i get around to it lol

glad the contractions stopped for now and hope you can keep LO in a little bit longer to full term - nearly there now! :hugs:

Yourstruly.

Goodness your going through a lot. :hugs: When you get to 2cm, usually you can go for a little while at that dilation. Not sure why. It does sound like your close though. Baby is at an EXCELLENT weight if your going to have her now. :winkwink: My hospital bags are...well sort of started.

As for the pack n play...we're using ours in here for awhile and we DO have her crib up. The bedroom isn't designed yet though. I'll have time since she'll be in here with us.

I'm pretty uncomfortable right now. The water weight (edema) on my pelvic area has water polyps. It's disgusting honestly and I can't believe I have them. It's the reason everything has felt so heavy down there. We're watching for pre-eclampsia because of that and the ankle, feet and leg swelling but my blood pressure seems to be just fine.

I've taken to more bed rest myself in trying to move the water. I'm drinking TONS of water too. My feet and ankles have gone down some but they still hurt a bit. Once I sit down or start going anywhere they get like puffer fish though. :rofl:

Well, I look forward to hearing how your doing over the next few days. Waiting for all of us to have more babies and show them off. :happydance:

Nai, this is the pack n play we have set up that goes with the stroller system we have. It has a bassinette and a changing table. When the baby grows, those two come out and the baby sleeps in a bed like part on the upper part...THEN the playtime is on the very bottom part. We're planning to buy two. One for upstairs and one for downstairs. The one downstairs will be taken to friends, family and other places we need to go. :thumbup:

Yourstruly - wow.. you are definitely getting close. Time to write a list of what DH needs to do to get your bags packed TONIGHT!!! You've given me the kick in the tush I needed to get my bag once and for all packed. It will be done before I go to sleep tonight. Period.

MA - ask around, I'd bet that you can borrow or be given a second play yard from someone in your church/community. I have three, two were given to me. One is HUGE, the second is long and the third one that I actually bought is petit. My preference is the small one. The big one is great though once they start playing in it and you are using it more as a jail to stop the baby getting into mischief while you are peeing or cooking. the long one is the one I loaned to MIL so DD could sleep in while she babysat (she isn't allowed to babysit this time around so I'll probably set it up in the basement). Sucks though since I noticed the weight restriction on the play yards is quite low, now divide by two because of twins and looks like I won't be using mine for long.

ah i see.. it's like a moses basket, travel cot/play cot PLUS a changing table - awesome! i have a moses basket (basinette) but it comes on a small wooden stand - we're going to keep that downstairs and use only if we're in the room as we have 2 overzealous doggies and i don't trust them one bit not to knock it over!! :dohh: but that's what we'll be using when we visit friends/family... then i've got a crib that my dad made (mine looks nothing like that though and will post a piccie when we collect it cos i'm super proud of him lol) and that will be by our bed, then we've got a cot which i guess is what you guys call a "crib" for LO's room...:wacko: that's a whole lot of sleep options!! :haha: and we've got a travel cot/play cot thing too but won't be using that unless overnight sleeping at 6months + or for putting lo down for playing away from the dogs... tbh i have no idea at what age babies get put in a play pen to play... :blush: i guess as soon as needed? :blush:

we wanted a pack and play to keep downstairs for them to sleep in if needed. We actually got a twin one as a gift https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Pack-Playard-Bassinet-Kensington/dp/B002AMVX8Y, so its a bit bigger and has 2 bassinets...i noticed the weight restrictions too so we wont be able to use it very long either.....

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10962742

Yay! I figured out how to do a link! Hope this actually goes to the right place now. Here is the playard that we have chosen on our registry. Its all funny to me since we live on basically one level but we wanted to have 2 sleep options available in case baby doesnt do well with one....so play yard and change table in living room, then bassinet and another changing table in bedroom...all on one level! Hahaha. Can we be considered lazy much? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->