October babies due dates and bump colours

yep well i have to go in from the start of labour (as soon as my waters go or the first contractions) to be monitored cos of my bloods etc. and I won't be released until a minimum of 24hrs of full monitoring of me and LO and testing LO's bloods so that's not 1 nappy, 1 sleepsuit now is it... i said to the leader we're staying a little bit and my sister's both had c-secs so wouldn't surprise me if i had a c-sec (although obviously i'm aiming for natural) and she just said that DH could pick up some clothes afterwards and that's how he could be "involved" etc... DH and I were just like :shrug: orrrrrrrrrrrr... we can pack 3 sets of clothes and then just put them in the wardrobe when we arrive back home if we don't use them, what's the big deal!? I'd much rather take too much than too little, and I don't want DH stressing about what to bring in and what to remember etc. he's going to be there to support me, not pack a bag just cos we were trying to be clever and take only 1 nappy, 1 vest, 1 sleepsuit :shrug:

Why would your hubby wanna leave his wife and newborn daughter alone in hospital, so that he can go home and collect clothing (that you couldve packed beforehand)???
Hmmm, some people worry me with their "advice" :dohh:
xx

this is what we were saying!!! the nct leader is great but this was one point i was like.... ummmm NO you are WRONG woman!!! :rofl:

Oh well. As long as you use your own common sense, everything will be fine :)
xx

Baby clothes are so tiny, we've got like 20 outfits and they all fit in one drawer right now!!! No reason not to pack a bunch, you know? The last ultrasound is saying our baby is big, so I haven't bought any newborn outfits and returned the one newborn outfit we got as a gift. We have some hand-me-down newborn outfits so he won't be naked, I'm not sure how I feel about bringing home baby in hand-me-down clothes though just because it's kind of a special moment. So even if he's on the smaller side, he may just have to wear a too-big 0-3 month outfit to take his picture on our way out the door. :haha:

Unfortunate looking... :haha: Sometimes it's the unfortunate looking babies/kids who turn out to be the most stunning adults, so you never know. Whenever they show baby pictures of supermodels or actors, they're always kind of plain and chubby as babies! This is what I'm telling myself in case our baby comes out really weird looking.

So, I've been getting kind of menstrual crampy feelings occasionally for the past few days. Sometimes related to B-H contractions but sometimes not. I'm not sure what they mean but I feel like my body is gearing up for something! Nothing imminent, but I do believe I'll be having a baby in the next month. :)

I typed this whole thing about DH's leaving the momma and baby in the hospital but decided to scrap it. Basic gist of it was, my DH went home each night and just visited all day so running errands for me was easy. However, if there is room in your bags to pack sufficient stuff for the entire stay then why not? I mean seriously.. my DH is a tool when it comes to trying to find things and get things just right because I'm a control freak/perfectionist.

I will also add that depending on the type of room and hospital depends on whether DH will be allowed to stay overnights and also what kind of accommodations will be available for DH. For a vaginal birth, there will definitely be somewhere for DH to be overnight during quiet times of the labor, I'm thinking more of the time after delivery when you are in your room with baby.

I packed everything I am going to need. I get 4 days in the hospital with a c-sec so I bought a bunch of night gowns and am bringing a robe to wear over them when I get up. Hubby is going to be able to stay overnight with me every night and is planning on it but he will be going home a few times each day bc he will have to feed the cats.

He would never be able to find what I need though...I asked him if he had seen a brown shirt of mine the other day (he does all the laundry) and he said no. Then a few hours later he came up to me all excited that he found my maroon striped shirt I was looking for...lol So sending him home to get me something would mean me getting all the wrong things...but he tries

zb5 - it's all about the bone structure! Some kids definitely grow into their more adult looking face as the age and can be quite stunning/handsome years down the road. This little girl though that I'm thining of... hrmm.. I guess time will tell.. lol Besides even when kids are really ugly, when they're little it's kinda funny/cute. And when they are your own, I don't think you care because chances are they reflect yourself and your OH whom I would hope you like the appearance of, even if unconventional.

Kristen - I'm tempted to make DH stay at least the first night this time around. We'll see. Depends on how much I want to torture him! lol

Hahaha thats hilarious about you saying PUB and actually meaning a bar. I just thought you were still on the topic of what soda is drank out of and thought it weird that a can was a pub. Lol. Love it.

About the baby's bags- I agree, pack a lot so you have choices. My OH would probably bring some things in, they'd be wrong, and hafta come back. Lol. Mine will be leaving me in hospital ( im a for sure c section) to come be with our dogs sometimes and care for my daughter and get her to and from school, etc. He of course, will be there a lot, but im sure not all the time. Plus, i'll send him home to do another scrubbing of crevices and vacuum before I come home with baby! Also, my last c section, OH had to be at home right away because we had JUST declawed our baby kitten and he was having problems with them healing and ripping them so he was wearing a big cone around his head and after the first night that OH stayed with me I couldn't bear the thought of our kitten at home alone so he went back to work and slept at home! I was fine....This time around OH is insisting will sleep there with me all nights. We shall see!

Little- where will your DD be during all this, are you having her come to the hospital to visit you at all while you are there? Also, for your c section, are you having family come there while you are in surgery to wait to see the babies or are they just coming later? I am trying to decide how to do it all....

Zb- you are farther than me, but i've been really crampy also. And also, the BH that i've been having ( mostly at night time actually) have become more regular and uncomfortable. I sometimes begin timing them and really watching them! I have gotten a bit scared once, but they always subside so now I know not to take them seriously. Just strange when they begin to come over and over and painfully!

Kristen - I'm tempted to make DH stay at least the first night this time around. We'll see. Depends on how much I want to torture him! lol

I dont think I could get rid of him even if I wanted to...lol he is planning on staying the whole time and then taking off a few weeks after :D

Kristin - that's so awesome. I don't really mind that he's going to go home in the sense the he will be managing DD as well and going from my parents house, our house and the hospital for 3 days and I'm sure in it's own way would be rather tiring. I'm on my 'own' as soon as I get out of the hospital since DH cannot take time off of going to university as he would miss too much. Doesn't help a lot of his classes have him not getting home until 10pm. Lame! I'm hoping the babies are morning babies and will wake him up just so I can converse with an adult for a few hours.

To those will children already - what are your plans for hospital stay? My parents have offered to take DD the day of delivery but we haven't discussed anything further than that. I'm hoping they can take DD from the friday until Monday and that the day of delivery (friday) they can bring DD to the hospital and back but after than I'd assume that DH will bring her to visit and then take her back to my parents and maybe grab a free meal from them to make life a little easier. Not sure if that would make DD upset though to be separated from her parents for so long at such a crucial time, she can be really clingy at times. I was thinking of giving my parents some money and encouraging them to take her to the movies and out for dinner and other fun things so she doesn't feel put out by the new babies but perhaps it would be better if DH takes care of her after the first day.. ideas?

Little- I want my mom to come to my house the morning of c section, and bring my DD to school, and then I have c section at 9 im HOPING OH can go pick her up from school and bring her to visit in afternoon. Mine is in school full days (1st grade) and will have soccer one of the nights after school, so really, she will be so busy I doubt she will be too bothered about it all. I am like you though, wondering if after that first night of her sleeping at my mom's should OH just stay home with her at night and get her to school? Or should she stay with my parents and OH leaves hospital in the morning to bring her to school still in the am so she doesn't feel too shuffled and forgotten about? IDK. But i've got some lovely presents that will be in my hospital bag to give to her from the Baby so im very excited about that so hope she fares well during me being gone for a few days. I dont know how I will do the morning I leave for the hospital though, that is the part im dreading the most. Leaving her to go to school while Im off to the hospital and cant bring her....I will be a crying mess:(

My DH will be staying in the hospital with me, there should be some sort of cot (US cot! :)) or recliner chair for him to sleep in. But he will have to go home and check on the cats probably at least once, depending on how long we stay. My main concern is that if I go into labor on a Sunday, he will be constantly checking the football scores and trying to watch the games on his phone. :wacko: Seriously... my DH is crazy when it comes to football.

I remember when my little sister was born (I was 3), I woke up in the middle of the night with a bad dream and my parents were gone, and my mom's friend came in to put me back to bed. Then she got me ready for preschool in the morning and by noon my grandma had driven down to come pick me up from school, brought me to the hospital to meet my baby sister, and stayed with me the next night or two. It was kind of weird and disorienting, not my favorite experience really, but not too bad. It is such a life-changing experience getting a new sibling (or two!), I'm not sure it's worth it trying to make those few days feel "normal". But, my mom didn't have a C-section so they were only gone maybe 2 days instead of 4. :shrug:

I remember going to my aunt's as well when one of my brothers was born. I also didn't really like it...weird how we remember that. Now its making me more sad to leave my daughter while im in hospital. Darn it:( I must be hormonal because im having a tough time with it all lately. I dont want to go and have this baby as im afraid of hurting my daughter, and I also will miss be pregnant for probably the last time I can't imagine him NOT being in my tummy. I want to reverse time:(

Aww, nypage, your daughter is a bit older so maybe she will have a better time of it. How old were you? I was only 3 so I didn't really know what was going to happen until it happened. But if your daughter is 7 then you can talk to her about it beforehand and she will understand what's happening. Is she excited to meet her baby brother?

She is very excited for her "drool face" brother. Lol. I think i was actually older, not sure why i didn't like it. I seem to remmber it actually happening kinda more in middle of night, so possibly just was unhappy with the shuffling at a weird time!

Yeah, I remember the middle of the night thing was very disorienting for me. Seeing my mom's friend when I woke up from a bad dream, totally unexpectedly... Maybe it is easier with the planned C-section, I hope so!

Drool face brother... lol. :)

Yep, a girlfriend told me she over heard Ella telling her little friend about her "drool face" thats coming. Lol.

I am sad to leave Tyler while i have the baby, hes 3 and has decided he wants to be there at the hospital but no way!! .... That would be soo stressful lol he would cause chaos lol , He will be either going round to my parents or my sisters house while i have the baby then OH will bring him upto the hospital to meet his little sister xx

Ny- Im also sad at the throught that this could be my last pregnancy as we only ever planned to have 2 babies, I love being pregnant, But i also cant wait to meet my little girl and make us a family of 4 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->