October babies due dates and bump colours

MA - I would totally milk the massages too! Only thing I have to look forward to for my stay is a Thanksgiving meal..lol yum.. Should be interesting what that tastes like. As for clothing.. I've separated my clothing by size 0-3 3-6, 6-9 etc, each one has a wicker basket up to 12months, the rest is in storage boxes. The wicker baskets are under the cribs except newborn and 0-3, they are all washed. I have the sleepers and outfits on hangers in the closet and then in the drawers I have the top one with onsies and pants (too hard to hang), the second drawer is receiving blankets, burp cloths and blankets for the stroller and the third drawer is all the extra bedding sheets, mattress liners, crib blankets for midnight changes when the bed gets wet. All the socks/hats/scratch mitts and shoes are in another wicker basket under the crib too. As soon as a few things from 0-3 start to get snug I'll wash the 3-6 and throw them into the mix and so on, meanwhile pulling all the small stuff for donation/consignment. Since it's my last pregnancy I'm not keeping anything around so either my siblings take the stuff or it's gone. Last time I kept a diaper box handy (I used disposable last time) and used them to store the clothing for the next baby and when full they went to the basement.

Oh.. and sounds like maybe just maybe Amelia might move into position afterall.. fingers crossed for you!!

Kristin!! Can't wait to hear all about it and meet your 2 lil ones!! Update us and post some pics when your able!! :flower:

I can't wait till my lil guy is here! Did the hopefully last of my shopping at BRU today and spent too much money... I haven't told the OH how much I spent but I am nervous to tell him! EEK :nope:

Hope everyone is feeling good! :thumbup:

Good luck for tomorrow Kristin!! That is so exciting! I can't wait to see pictures and hear how it goes.

MA, I hope Amelia is turning head down! Why is left or right better? My baby had his back to my left almost this whole pregnancy, but the past several days he's been back to the right. I don't like it as much and it feels different, I don't know why! I want him to go back to the left side but he doesn't seem to want to do it. :shrug:

I had a midwife checkup today and they checked my cervix: 2cm dilated, 60% effaced, -2 station. I was 1cm dilated at 31 weeks so things are moving along, but slowly. It is the marathon approach rather than the sprint I guess. :)

P.S. I also think it's really sad the fathers can't stay overnight in the UK! I didn't realize it was a blanket policy. I am really happy we will have a private room and DH will get to stay, but we are sure paying for it with all the health care expenses I've had so far this pregnancy and I'm sure there will be more with the delivery... :wacko:

Thanks everyone! Hopefully I can update tomorrow with pictures :D

zb, This will help you understand positions. I think it has to do with babies head positioning. The midwives at the perinatal center said that while it's not ideal, it's better than not being head down at all. I don't care how she gets down there, just that she's down there...hopefully she'll have her chin tucked for a more natural delivery.

Again, it's in Gods hands as far as I'm concerned. :winkwink:

:baby:I'm 35 weeks and i'm due on October 20th and i am having a baby boy!!

Thanks! I just wish I could have slept a bit more lol

Ooh, good luck Kristen! Hope it all goes well! Cant wait to hear from you!! :hugs:

Sorry to start this big debate about partners staying/private rooms etc. Its really not as bad as I make out. Because we live in the UK, its all we've ever known. We just accept the fact that we share rooms with other women/babies and that our partners go home. Its the norm to us (but still makes us sad).
Fortunately, we do give birth in private rooms, with our OHs there (and sometimes our Mum/MIL/best friend too). But a couple of hours after baby is out, we get transfered to the ward, where we share, and have pretty strict visiting hours. Its just the way things are here. :shrug:

MA - glad to hear Amelia is turning! regarding clothing - I have washed dried and ironed all of Baby Girl's clothes. Her dresses and coats are all hanging in the wardrobe, while her vests, sleepsuits, t-shirts and trousers are all folded up in her drawers. We have newborn in the top drawer, 0-3 months in the second drawer, and so on... we also have a drawer for hats, mittens and bibs. and a drawer for bed linen and bath towels.

Hope everyone is well today
xx

I was lucky enough to get my own room after i had DS but that was only because there was one available at the time and i had a bit of a bleed, But its pretty much section ladies that usually get the private rooms, and even then sometimes they get put on the 6 bed ward too.

Its strange and i would much prefer to have our own rooms and our OH's be able to stay :( i was so scared that 1st time when he was sent home and i was left alone in pain, but as i wasnt classed as in established labour he wasnt alowed to stay :( ..... We also live a good 10min drive from the hospital which made it even more worrying..... imagine if it had all started going so fast and he hadnt got there in time to see his son come into the world ...... that would of been horrible.
There was a woman on the ward opposite me whos husband .... JUST and so made it to see baby come out!!!

When i watched One Born Every Minute USA....... the rooms on there were crazy! So different to what we have here, they looked very cosy and welcoming and almost bedroom like ...... here theyre very clinical and basic x

When i watched One Born Every Minute USA....... the rooms on there were crazy! So different to what we have here, they looked very cosy and welcoming and almost bedroom like ...... here theyre very clinical and basic x

I know, I was so shocked when I saw One Born Every Minute USA! They were like hotel rooms!! And some of the women had 5 or 6 family members in the room with them - we are only allowed 2 (but there wouldnt be space for any more than 2, as the rooms are small). And yes, our rooms are very clinical.
Birth centres have nicer rooms. They are all private, and a bit more "bedroom-like", but you have to be very low-risk to be allowed in a birth centre.

Oh well :shrug:
xx

zb5- good way to look at it if a have a wierd looking one :haha:
Kristen- wow you'll have your boys now :happydance: hope it all went ok and wish u a speedy recovery
nypage- declawed your cat? am confused. Drool face hehe that made me chuckle
shelleney- i knew what you meant n it made sense certainly didnt offend me :hugs: suppose always use as an excuse if oh is doing head in go and get me some clothes ha.
littlestars- i snore lots 2 oops i dunno if its extra weight or? thinking bout moving to spare bed til babas born
cg- welcome and congrats on team blue
ma-(0-3months) top drawer- i have compartments 4 littles bits and bobs- socks, hats, bibs, cloths. 2nd drawer- vests,onesies,sleep suits. 3rd drawer tops, bottoms and 4th drawer is 3-6 months, then in an box i have 6month + clothing. i havent got waldrobe yet.

i had choice of 3hospitals and i chose a midwife only led one for low risk people. It's quieter and you can stay as long as you need/want after. I will have my own room with en suite after (i would hate a ward like the other 2hospitals had) it has a new birthing pool2. I went for a tour around it last night and feel lucky to be going there :happydance:

Hi ladies,

My midwife has informed me that once LO is born, i'll be transferred to a 10 person ward with a shared bathroom!!!! So she recommended that if i have a straight forward labour, to go home straight away as its much more restful at home! She said that even if i give birth at 2am i could be home 2 hours later! I find that shocking considering its my 1st baby and i have NO idea how to breast feed and they "encourage" women to rush home feeling unprepared and overwhelmed! She did say however that she would be over the next morning to establish breast feeding, but if LO has been up all night screaming for food and i cant latch him on, i'll feel terrible. Rant over!

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind but really wanted to share pics of my crib - my dad handcarved it from huge planks of timber. I'm just really proud of it and wanted to show you all since I go on about it quite a lot!! :haha: we bought it home from my parents last night so it's now just in our dining room whilst I finish decorating baby girl's room...

Please ignore the pets who were obsessed with it and wouldn't move lol

https://i51.tinypic.com/orowgx.pnghttps://i52.tinypic.com/5w4ko.pnghttps://i52.tinypic.com/24lphfl.pnghttps://i54.tinypic.com/23r4t1w.png

(Kerri apologies now you've prob seen these pics 3 times - on fb, my journal and now on here too!!! :haha:)

I'm worried about the hospital situation for me too, i'm in from the start of labour will be private room then obviously but worried they'll send DH home if it takes a while and not established labour, then after it's up to a 6 person ward where the babies are next to the mum's... that sounds like a screaming, annoying, horrendous experience to me.. :brat:

My hospital DOES provide private healthcare facilities too which i've had a look at but can't see anything as to how you would enquire whether you could have a recovery room in private and how much it would be... probably far too much for the length of time we'd be in so would just grin and bear it..

I'll be out like a shot if i have a natural birth :) got to get my bloods checked and LO's bloods checked but i'll be checking on out of there asap :haha:

The crib is lovely i dont mind looking at it again hehe :haha: ........ Your dad is very talented xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->