October babies due dates and bump colours

Will OH sleep with you at the hospital mummy? Im sure tyler at the hospital during labor would be not a great idea! Too much chaos!

No unfortuantly here in the UK the husbands/partners etc have to go home by 9pm :( Unless your at labour ward.

When i was induced with Tyler my labour was really slow & long, OH was sent home at 9pm on the tuesday night and was only alowed back when i was moved to labour ward at 5am wed morning..... i was soo scared and wished that he would of been alowed to stay the entire time

Oh Ladies, Im so sorry. I should think before I speak :dohh:
I wasnt trying to offend anyone by saying your OH shouldnt leave you in hospital to go and get baby clothes from home.
Here in the UK, partners arent even allowed to stay overnight, they must leave at 9pm (unless you are in full-blown labour), so of course my OH will be going home and leaving me and LO in the hospital.
What I meant to say was, that I didnt want him to have to rush out and leave us during the day if LO ruined their only set of clothes. It would just make more sense to have the clothes in the bag, and then OH could stay and spend time with us instead of rushing off. Thats what I meant.
I hope I didnt offend anyone :flower:
xx

Thats so weird that in the UK they can't sleep there....why in the world not? Its still about learning to be up with the baby together all night long at first you would think.....

awww Shel I'm sure everyone understood what you meant.. it's different for us uk ladies you're right cos we only get til 9pm with our hubbies anyway so why would you want to send them off during that time to choose outfits or do shopping etc.!?

I think it's really unfair as well... i so wish my hubby could sleep there the night with me :( it's quite sad really that in those first few days you're not bonding at night all together :nope:

awww Shel I'm sure everyone understood what you meant.. it's different for us uk ladies you're right cos we only get til 9pm with our hubbies anyway so why would you want to send them off during that time to choose outfits or do shopping etc.!?

Thats exactly what I meant! thankyou! :hugs:

They dont let partners stay, because there is physically no room for them anywhere! In the UK, most ladies stay in a shared room/ward (4 or 6 beds in the same room, curtained off for privacy). Some ladies have private rooms, for example after traumatic labours, stillbirths, ect.

So if you have 6 ladies and 6 babies in every room - there is definitely no space for 6 partners aswell!! :shrug:

I think it's really unfair as well... i so wish my hubby could sleep there the night with me :( it's quite sad really that in those first few days you're not bonding at night all together :nope:

I think this is the saddest thing! That the poor men have the elation of becoming a Daddy - and then get sent home to spend the first night all alone. They have to leave their wives/girlfriends and their newborns, during their first night as a family. They miss that bonding experience.
Its one of the main reasons I am booked in for a homebirth, so that we can spend our first night together. But if I need a hospital birth, I think that this is the thing that will upset me the most :cry:
xx

I dont see why one person staying makes such a big deal to the hospital....I can't imagine being alone at night at the hospital like that :(

The poor men? hah! I'll bet that as happy as they are to be a father that are also happy to have the bed to themselves for a few nights and get some solid sleep. I know that my husband doesn't think it's very fun to share the bed with me anymore and it hasn't been for a few months. I toss and turn, moan and groan, wake in pain from baby being malpositioned or kicking, flush the toilet constantly and take over nearly 66% of the queen sized bed. Oh and snore a lot apparently.

Shelleney - I didn't realize it was so strict in the UK with dads staying over. I just figured you were going to a hospital that allowed them to stay overnight and perhaps didn't realize that some dads can't stay. I guess it's more fair to have a universal policy across the country. Despite universal health care here it seems to vary from hospital to hospital. I definitely plan on being in a private room though. We pay the difference for it in our insurance coverage through the military, we top it up from the basic level for hospital stays but it's all about availability. Last time around I had to wait nearly 24 hours before going from semi-private (2 beds in a room) to private. I couldn't imagine being in a ward though. That would blow. I could see wanting to vacate the hospital as soon as I was physically cleared with baby to go if that were the case. I hope the home birth works out for you and all your concerns are for nothing! You are so brave to do an all natural birth.. ekk.. I couldn't do it. I was all pro-drugs last time around!

Mommy and Nypage - this is definitely my last pregnancy. We only meant to have two children. oppsie!

I've been watching birth shows with DD, especially ones were they are having twins or c-secitons. DD loves them and seems to understand things. I'm hoping it will help her understand what's going on with mommy while I'm away.

Hey ladies! Just wanted to let you guys know I'm scheduled for my c-section at 7:30am tomorrow morning! My boys will be here soon :D

Excellent news hun, Hope all goes well for you & your little ones xx :thumbup:

Cant wait to hear your updates x

Kristin - I posted in the 3rd Tri forum too but I'm wishing you the best of luck and hoping you will have a quick recovery. Mostly for selfish reasons though. I will be expecting advice and tips on coping with twins upon your return to the forum. :) Keep us posted with pictures preferrably when you get out of the hospital!

Kristin - I posted in the 3rd Tri forum too but I'm wishing you the best of luck and hoping you will have a quick recovery. Mostly for selfish reasons though. I will be expecting advice and tips on coping with twins upon your return to the forum. :) Keep us posted with pictures preferrably when you get out of the hospital!

I got a little excited and posted all over...lol So i'll respond to all your comments here...I got weighed today and i've lost a few pounds over the last 2 weeks so lets see how much I lose once they are out...my dr thinks i may weigh less after having them than I did to start with (i've gained 30lbs). I've been taking weekly bump pics and I'm making a photo book with any weekly ultrasound pics matched up for them to see when they are older. And of course I will give advice, although you will probably be better at it than me because these are my first and you already have experience with your daughter...I'm so scared that i'm going to do something wrong and they arent even here yet! I will hopefully post pics tomorrow, we have internet access through the tv in the room so I'll be able to come on...it'll depend on whats going on...if not I will have them up as soon as I can :)

And you will be here yourself in a few weeks :)

Good luck to everyone else if I'm not back on for awhile!!

6 women to a ward?!?!? Wow, I am shocked and terrified for you. Lol. We get our own room, I wouldn't ever want to share those private days of recover and bonding with any other patients. Other patiens gross me out too! Do you all share a bathroom too???? wow, im sorry you have to deal with that:( I agree though that its aweful the dads cannot stay. I am going to miss my daughter like crazy and probably cry a bit, I could not imagine saying goodbye to him too, at least the first night. The rest of the nights I may be ok and used to it....

Kristin- how come you are having them now, did something make it so you needed to? Good luck to you tomorrow! Im excited for pictures of twins!!!

nypage - I guess it's the difference of private healthcare that is in the profit business versus universal healthcare. Most people at my last hospital seemed to have private insurance that they were using to upgrade to semi or private rooms because I remember there was a girl in the maternity kitchen talking about how she was alone in her ward room since some other girl had left.

So I literaly did nothing today except take DD to and from school, sit at the park and drive DH to school. I snacked a lot today... that's never a good thing but I'm just so nibbly today. Napped on the couch too. lol I guess I should do somehting tonight once DD goes to sleep since DH isn't home until late.

6 women to a ward?!?!? Wow, I am shocked and terrified for you. Lol. We get our own room, I wouldn't ever want to share those private days of recover and bonding with any other patients. Other patiens gross me out too! Do you all share a bathroom too???? wow, im sorry you have to deal with that:( I agree though that its aweful the dads cannot stay. I am going to miss my daughter like crazy and probably cry a bit, I could not imagine saying goodbye to him too, at least the first night. The rest of the nights I may be ok and used to it....

Kristin- how come you are having them now, did something make it so you needed to? Good luck to you tomorrow! Im excited for pictures of twins!!!

Everything is actually good...my BP has gone down as well as my swelling...the average for twins around here is 37 or 38 weeks. I can barely walk or move so I think they figured it would be better for me to have them at 37 weeks. They should be able to come home with us!

I'm glad this hospital has all private rooms so I wont have other people in my room and they have a pull out bed for hubby to sleep on too!

Ooo Good luck and Congrats Kristin83. Cant wait to hear all about it!

I cant imagine ever sharing a room with anyone in a hospital let alone a maternity floor. The hospital I deliver at is great. All private rooms( covered by health care) and you are never moved rooms. The room you deliver in is the same room you stay in the whole time. Private bathrooms and baths as well. Also baby is never taken to a nursery or anything. Ava never left my side when she was born. There is also a bed in each room for hubby to use also. I cant imagine hubby having to leave.

Im so sorry some of you dont get your hubby to stay with you or private rooms provided to you.

WOWEE ladies!! Lots of pages to read today. :lol:

Kristen, WTG hunny! Can't WAIT to hear the story and see the babies.

ZB, Amelia is transverse from breech now. Tonight I was messing with things in her room and I feel as though I've dropped. :wacko: I have pressure in my lower abdomen and back now. I'm right there with you. I DO pray she moves to head down. It looks as though her spine is up and head was down over the right side. Not the best side to go down head first...usually the idea is the left side but I'll take anything I can get. I'm PRAYING for a miracle move to head down and soon!

As for rooms. It all depends on if we can get private. Since my husband works at the hospital our insurance covers 100% in the hospital for prenatal and anything else. I usually get private if they have it. I want private again. I just CAN'T share a room with other women. I don't like it. I need my room cool and quiet. Can't STAND too much stimulation. PLUS, I want my husband with me. Only way is if we get private. The good thing about our hospital is they have a massage therapist come if you want it for FREE. Momma wants a massage EVERYDAY she's there! Twice a day if they'll do it. :rofl:

So ladies, how are you organizing the clothes? What are you putting in the dresser drawers? What are you actually hanging?

I have clothes from newborn to 18mos and I'm not sure how to organize things. Share what your doing for ideas please!

doh! I should have had DH posted to Edmonton! But then again my fertility treatments wouldn't have been covered. Geez.. can't win eh? :) I was actually sneaky and got the nurses to take DD the first night and they just brought her in for her feedings. It was because of the section, I don't think they do that for vaginal births unless there is an issue. I will try not to wimp out this time since I'm on my own pretty much right off the bat, I may as well get used to the sleepless nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->