October babies due dates and bump colours

I know, it's crazy! I peeked in the window of a Mazda 5 today, it's a 6-seater, so kind of like a small minivan... not sure if I could handle a full on minivan yet! DH doesn't want to go that big yet though, I think he figures we can do that with the second or third kid... we'll see. Minivans are actually pretty expensive!

My OH keeps suggesting minivans to me, but I absolutely refuse. He finally got me to where I MIGHT consider a small SUV.. but only if I really can't make do with my little Sentra after a while. I'm guessing if we have another baby in a couple of years (which we are planning on for now), I'll be more willing to consider something bigger.. but for now it seems unnecessary. The car seat does take up a lot of space in the back.. but most of our friends are young and love driving their own cars, so we rarely have anybody back there anyways. ;)

Dh was SET on a minivan but I was able to convince him a SUV would be better and he agreed it could be considered when the time comes. As everyone knows we struggled to keep our little car with the three car seats but we know that when they are a little older and we get back to things like camping the trunk just won't cut it anymore and we'll need a roof rack, possible towing capabilities and a larger trunk area. That being said and done we talked about whether we NEEDED a third row as some SUV's and most minivans have them.. we decided too bad for the other kids and their parents. We're not buying a vehicle for other people but at the same time IF we were down to a car that had a third row and the cost difference to upgrade wasn't much and the loss in trunk capacity when not in use as compared to not having it was still good then we'd consider it. I'm so glad not to be driving a minivan though. Phew! Bullet dodged! :)

So as for today's accomplishments.. I got a load of laundry done, folded and put away and one painting done. Hrmmm... not as much as I had hoped.. but I just might crack open that puzzle anyway. :)

I normally just lurk in this thread, but I have to extoll the virtues of the minivan!

My hubby and I didn't even consider minivans when we went shopping for a new car when DD2 was on the way (I was borrowing a car from my cousin at the time). We went with a small SUV, and I really liked it. Then boom - expecting number 3. We discovered you cannot put 3 carseats in the back of our small SUV. :dohh:

So it was time to shop again. After looking at minivans and big SUVs, we realized minivan was more vehicle for the money. But we were still hesitant. Then the test drives. HOLY COW!!!! I *love* my minivan! In fact, I wish we had gone straight to the minivan! My oldest can climb in and out by herself with no help getting into her carseat. My toddler can even climb in and out by herself, although she still needs help with clicking her straps. I can put the seats up and down with one hand while holding the toddler (we did all kinds of crazy tests while shopping to see how easy it would be for me to handle the van & the kids). Clicking a button to open/close the doors and the back is great. The DVD entertainment system has been a HUGE win with the girls... Seriously, I cannot say often enough how much happier I am with my minivan than my little SUV, and I really did like that little SUV.

It also has a smoother drive and easier handling than the larger SUVs we had tried. And since I'm already thinking a bit about a potential #4 in a couple of years, it gives us space to grow ;)

If I could go back in time, I'd get a minivan when we were expecting DD1 - if for no other reason than getting the baby carrier in/out would be SOOOO much easier, and no more putting the infant seat on the ground. Plus getting the stroller in/out of the back is SOOO much easier than having it in the trunk.

Ok, sorry for the long post - just feeling very wordy today! :blush:

Thanks feisty I agree! I don't have one yet but really think they seem very convenient.

Hey guys! Our little Lys has gone and had her baby! I don't know anymore than that other than she and baby are okay. It came a quite the surprise as she was just on yesterday. I'm sure she'll be on to update us when she can but I thought I'd give a heads up about this surprise arrival and that she and baby were okay.

Oh my goodness!! Congrats Lys!!! Can't wait to see pics of your little boy! Hope you are recovering well. MA, where did you see this, facebook?

Oh my goodness!! Congrats Lys!!! Can't wait to see pics of your little boy! Hope you are recovering well. MA, where did you see this, facebook?

Yeah, I logged on and there were 3 status' and one with pics. I scratched my head wondering if I really did see her post yesterday on here. :dohh: :rofl: I don't know what happened and felt she'd come by when she could to update us but just thought I'd give a heads up as she said she was 2wks early. Wanted everyone to know she and baby are doing okay. As far as anything else. I have no idea.:shrug: She went from saying she hoped it wouldn't be long yesterday to downright delivering him. :rofl: ((FAINT))

Thanks for the update MA.

Congratulations Lys!! Hope you and your little boy are both doing well. Cant wait to see pics! :happydance:
xx

I saw the fb thread announcement too and was convinced she'd been on here yesterday! lol way to go Lys :dance:

Congrats Lys, it just goes to show, our number could be up at any point! Better not venture too far from home now then ladies!!!

Cant wait to see pics, Lys xxx

Saw it on FB too.. lucky girl!! I sure wish mine would make an unexpected arrival like that ;)

Although i'm DESPERATE to have my little girl with me as soon as possible, i'm happy to watch my fellow october mummies give birth before me since i'm the last of the month and want my little girl to go to term! lol so ladies... you've got 2wks and 6days before the race is on from me!!! :haha:

Congratulations Lys!!!! Hope all is well and it was a smooth birth. Looking forward to hearing all about it. :)

I'm hoping to hang on for another 18 days!

I actually got DH to start talking names seriously with me. We only got through the letter A unfortunately so lots of work ahead in the coming nights, especially hard since DH with at school until 10pm for the next 3 nights. meh. I'm proud of DH accepting that I'm not keen on Victoria anymore but now he keeps mentioning Penelope and Violet. Ekk! At least he hasn't tried posing the idea of him having carte blanche on naming one child and vice versa.

We started talking names last night too and then I dreamt that someone poo poo'd them both and woke up feeling sad and unsure. I feel like I will never name my poor little boy, horrible mommy! I have 3 weeks left, and NO name!

Duh, and Congrats Lys! Lol.

Was Katerdid part of this thread? We are on a smaller thread together, but I do believe she was on this one too, if not, oooops. But She had her baby boy as well! She was due october 19th, so a bit early as well, but everything is going well! This is so exciting!

I have decided I dont want mine to come before the 3 weeks are up because im going to miss him inside there like crazy. So i'll enjoy what I can while I can....even though I complain a lot! Hehe.

Thanks for the update Nyp.

Congratulations Katerdid!!! :dance:
xx

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH NEW MUMMIES!!!! :cloud9:

xxx so glad both mums & babies are well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member