October babies due dates and bump colours

Very exciting MrsK!!! The water breaking sounds annoying, but at least now you KNOW you will have a baby soon! That is the hardest part for me right now, is knowing it could happen anytime... or not for a couple weeks. :wacko:

YT, glad to hear you are feeling good 5 days after birth! That is great, and makes me feel hopeful for my own recovery.

nypage, sorry to hear about the baby blues. I am guessing I will have that too, I think my mom had full-blown post-partum depression so I'm hoping to avoid that at least!

nypage and Lys, that sounds like a lot of leaking! I assume we will have the same... :wacko: But trying different types of diapers is a good idea.

YAY Mrs. K! Can't wait to hear your little one is here. :happydance:

Lys. I have the same question! I just pumped 3 oz total for Amelia. I'm wondering if we have to start bumping up our supply by pumping every 2 hours for 20 minutes on top of allowing the little ones to feed on command?! :shrug: I'm going to ask on Friday if the pedes office lactation consultant will talk with me. They were useless at the hospital with exception to the NICU lactation consult. but she was part time and spent it with all the ladies there. :wacko: Are you bottle feeding AND breast feeding? They bottle fed Amelia, so I had a horrible time getting her to like my breast. Now she won't take to my nipple and I have to use a nipple shield to get her to latch on because it's similar to a bottle nipple. Hopefully that will get better as she gets bigger and understands the latching method more.

Let me know if you find out anything more. We're both having similar issues.

PUPPS. I hate this RASH! HATE it. :cry: I hope the meds kick in quickly. I'm DYING itchy! It's all over my legs, arms, under arms, back and belly. I'm assuming since it usually takes place during pregnancy that it has something to do with the P17Injections I've been having as it started the day after my surgery. I have HUGE rashes all over my body and itch like the dickens. It's worse than chicken pox!!

melly- Leo is gorgeous love the family pic
yourstruly- thats rubbish about your hubbys work how mean of them :grr:
mrs k- woohoo thinking of u hope its quick n goes well
littlestars- glad you're getting pampered by your daughter, bless. ru having your babies 2moro?
so i had midwife apt yesterday and she wouldn't do a sweep just said she won't do one til 41weeks. She said that's he's nearly fully engaged but that doesnt mean it'll be any sooner just less work to do in labour. She advised i go for walks so i went last night and now i'm in pain to walk and was even more uncomfortable sleeping so kinda feel like i cant win :nope:

hope everyone else is dong :thumbup: x

Ooh MrsK! how exciting! :happydance:
Good luck with the homebirth....keep us posted!
Thinking of you.... :hugs:
xx

Good luck Mrs K!!!! I hope it is all going well and your birth is an easy one. I'll be thinking of yo today xxx

Hope all is going well MrsK!!!!

Adele - that totally bites she wouldn't sweep, sounds like you are just 'done' at this point. I must admit it was nice this pregnancy having a specific end date to look forward to and work towards.

And yes I'm having the girls tomorrow (Friday) I'm slated to go in for surgery at 10am.

So I told my husband yesterday night that if I cannot get a private room and get stuck in the ward I'm coming home early so be aware of that. He didn't look too happy. lol I just not sure I can handle being in a ward room with twins and a c-section recovery but apparently with this hospital there are very limited single rooms available which bites since they specialize in high risk and multiple births. We'll see. Doesn't help that my neighbor just had a baby there two months ago and said the staff was really unhelpful to her because they figured she knew what she was doing and didn't need help since it wasn't her first child despite recovering from surgery. nice! I guess we'll see how it goes.

So I got some stuff done yesterday but DH got home early so that messed things up. Guess I'll try again today to get more done. I'm hoping to go out for dinner tonight with DH and DD and then we're taking her to my parents since we have to be at the hospital at 7am.

Now as for the breast pumping... Generally it's recommended to try not to use a bottle until 2 months so that BFing is well established but as we all know life just isn't that perfect. I pumped straight away because I was told to 'drain' the breast afterwards to encourage supply as I was having supply issues. I would seal it up and freeze it in those baggies. Sadly my supply issues didn't resolve. You won't get as much from the pump as the baby can get because they are generally more efficient technique-wise. 3-4 oz at this point is great as far as I can remember. I believe that formula feedings at this point at 2-4 oz every 3-ish hours. Generally the formula feeding rules were 2.5oz of formula x lbs of baby for every 24 hour period. That being said, every baby is different and they go through growth spurts. While all children will grow at different times, it is common for a baby to experiene his/her first growth spurt by 7-10 days after birth and again at 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and 9 months. Hope some of this helped! I am now going to go do something productive fand get some things checked off my list.

Ooh, Littlestars! how exciting that you will be having your girls tomorrow morning!
I hope you, DH and DD have a lovely meal out tonight, as a family of 3, before you become a family of 5 tomorrow...
Lots of love :hugs: xx

^^ scary when you put it like that!! Good luck little stars

I've been pumping and not getting much either....about 3oz a day. I was told to take an herbal supplement fenugreek, which i started taking last night. I've already noticed an increase in supply. But it is normal at first to not get much while pumping from what I've been told. It takes a few days for your body to produce more from the extra stimulation. I usually pump after feeding and sometimes in between if I have to give connor formula (I had to supplement a bit bc he wasnt gaining weight) It also helps if you pump while nursing bc your body will naturally let down on the other side and it makes the milk come out.

I pump while nursing sometimes too. I am having trouble with filling up fast and leaking and feeling hard and painful......not enjoying my breast feeding experience very much.

Little good luck!

My breast feeding experience is a little bummer. Amelia doesn't take to my nipple by itself. I need a nipple shield in order for her to even like it. I wonder if when she gets a bit bigger and understands whether she'll start latching better without the shield. I've noticed now that my nipples are dripping I asked Doug to check my leg as I was feeding amelia. I honestly thought it was my lower abdomen leaking again. Turns out my boobies were leaking. :haha:

Ladies, I'm SO overemotional right now. This puppps experience is driving me nuts. :wacko: It's so itchy! I can handle everything else but Holy Cats is this horrible.

Littlestars- All the best for today, thinking of you :hugs: can't wait to see the new additions to your family :dance:

Good luck Littlestars!!!

MA - I have PUPPs now too! Omg I hate hate hate it! I was told to try this weird soap: Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. It should get here next week and I'm hoping I can last with cortisone cream until then. I have it all over my legs, my tummy, my hips, my bum, and now I'm starting to get it on my arms and my boobs!!! Seriously sucks.

I usually pump 1-2x daily with William, but I'm saving it all for when we introduce a bottle in a few weeks. I get about 3 oz on a full boob. I also hand express a lot, but not by choice lol...my let-down is crazy some times and forces me to stop mid-feed so as not to choke my man. It literally squirts out all over on its own accord! So I usually keep a storage baggie nearby and let some drain into that. Or the other boob will start going and I'll have to juggle a bit with him on one side and trying to catch it in a baggie on the other. It's a circus. Am I the only one who has crazy :holly: ?

I have crazy boobs too Kate. How do you go in public? I can't leave an hour without filling FTP full.

I have crazy boobs too Kate. How do you go in public? I can't leave an hour without filling FTP full.

Nursing pads, lots of nursing pads lol! I use Johnson's and they hold a lot. But I usually don't leak unless he's hungry and/or about every 2 hours.
(what does ftp stand for?)

I haaaaate the feeling of them leak in public. My let down kinda burns. Lol. Also, no idea what FTP stands for. Fricken iPad.

Kate, let me know if it works. How is it we have it POST?! :shrug: I have it on my arms, legs, bum tummy. I don't have it on my chest, back or face. I just used a soapy water mix using tea tree oil. Hopefully it will get better soon. I can't take it much longer. Has anyone mentioned how long it takes to get through the system or why it happened post partum?

hey girls. I hope all are doing well. Congrats on all the new babies.

LittleStars- I hope everything went well.

I'm still very pregnant. Which is a huge shock to me and my doctor. I'm 3cm dilated but miss Tori has become unengaged. So that is the reason for my stalled labor process. lol. Good news. I'm being induced monday morning at 6am. I'm really scared because I have never been induced. However the dr is scared that my water will break and he cord will come out first. So I'm freaking out about that too.

That is it for me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"