October babies due dates and bump colours

I hope everyone is doing well. In 4 hours I'll be leaving for the hospital. I can't sleep at all. I can't believe that I'll be meeting my baby girl today.

Congratulations to all our new mummies!

Good luck today momof3 xx

oooo congrats mommyof3girls!!!! I can imagine you are WAY excited

Congratulations zb5, cant wait to see some photos.

Good luck mommyof3girls, i hope you have a lovely birth experience xxx

Good luck!

Ma I hope it starts getting better for you. I'm feeling the same way and think it must be baby blues.

Congratulations on the birth of Lucas, Mrs K! He is absolutely gorgeous!

Congratulations on the birth of Silas, zb5! Cant wait to see some pics!

Sorry to hear about your baby blues, YoursTruly. Glad you are starting to feel better now. Loving the pics of Ali (and your tummy is looking great!) I especially love your new avatar pic of the girls!

Sorry you went past your due date, Octbebe. Glad the apt went well, I hope the sweep works...

Good luck today mommyof3girls!!

Sorry to hear of the Mummies/Mommies suffering with feeding issues....

xx

Good luck to the mommies in waiting who are going to see their babies in a few hours. Praise God for little blessings! :Happydance:

Congrats Mrs. K, zb5 and good luck mommy!!!

MA - I just started taking milk thistle and dandelion as well. I was also told Gold Bond's extra strength lotion in the green bottle helps too. I'm going to have DH pick some up tonight - fingers crossed! I also heard that cutting out sugar will relieve it a bit as well, and basically doing everything you can to boost liver function.

I went through some baby blues too... 3 straight days where all I did was cry, feed and change William. I didn't eat, I didn't sleep, and I felt awful. But it got a lot better! It's just all those terrible hormones. You girls can make it!!

Good luck today mommyof3girls!! CAnt wait to see pictures of you little girl!

My baby blues seem to be completely gone today for the first time since Ali was born. Im enjoying every minute but couldnt control the crying. Ali really is a great baby. She takes between 3-4 oz every 3-4 hours. Having hubby home for the next 15 days helps too. I let him sleep through the night and he gets up with Ava( our eldest) at 8;30 for the day and I sleep in with Ali. I think the only thing that gets me down now is the weight loss that I need. Hubby hazs to keep reminding me I just had a baby 10 days ago.

My milk finally seems to be drying up which is helping me feel more sane too because I no longer get bad pain from the let down. My stitches down there havent hurt at all since the day after I came home which is great. Sometimes I forget they are there when I go to wipe. Then they hurt.

Really hope everyone starts feeling better breastfeeding and baby blues wise soon.

Good luck to all mommy's still waiting!

OctBebe, sounds like your lil one will be here very soon! HORRAY! Keep us posted, can't wait to see pics!!

Mommyof3, hope everything went great! Can't wait to "meet" your beautiful lil girl!!

About the breastfeeding, I bought this hands free pumping bra today and just gave it a try, LOVE IT!! https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Express...WQUM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318291350&sr=8-1
I strongly dislike breastfeeding in the middle of the night, my lil man falls asleep when he is on the breast and ends up not eating enough (I have tried EVERYTHING to keep him up) and because he is not full he wakes up in an hr and is hungry again. I still want to use my breast milk but this way I can feed him w/ what I've pumped in a bottle and pump at the same time!!

I am now having issues because I have been using the pumped milk in bottles so much he is not wanting to latch on to the breast... UGH!!

MA! Tonight is my first night solo, I already feel exhausted during the days and that is w/ help at night so I am not excited about my OH returning to work tomorrow!! I agree that he will be spending less time w/ us overall in addition to him being at work now when he is home he will be more tired and wanting to nap/ go to bed early! :cry: I'm just so glad he was here for the first 3 weeks!!

I know it's still early but my Noah is 3 weeks old today and still up every 3 hrs at night. Is there anything I can do to help him begin to transition to A.) sleeping on his own, B.) sleeping through the night?! THANKS LADIES!!

Hi ladies.

went to the dermatologist today and I have pupps or a reaction to the med they gave me during the c-section. Both have similar reactions. Since I can have no more stronger oral meds which will raise blood sugars and pressure not to mention not good for breast feeding, they decided to give me one heck of a dose of cream. I also am trying the zyrtec tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. Praying we get rid of it quick.

Lys, I'm finding that the milk thistle has brought my milk supply up by half. :happydance: Pretty awesome in my opinion. :winkwink:

I'm not sure what I'll do without Doug. He helps me get Amelia into place for breast feeding. I have to put the nipple cover on (because she doesn't like my nipple since the hospital introduced the bottle) then get her to turn my direction. She has peanut butter tongue (tongue that goes to the roof of the mouth and makes it hard for her to lower her tongue to get a good latch) at times and to deal with that, her wailing hands and the dumb nipple shield is almost impossible on my own. I hope I can come up with a plan soon.

I hope Doug doesn't do the overnights or twelve hour shift. Although he leaves for 8 hours every day but two in a week, I just like the idea of having him around when we're awake. I feel safe. Is it possible your husband can switch shifts? :shrug:

Hi ladies.

went to the dermatologist today and I have pupps or a reaction to the med they gave me during the c-section. Both have similar reactions. Since I can have no more stronger oral meds which will raise blood sugars and pressure not to mention not good for breast feeding, they decided to give me one heck of a dose of cream. I also am trying the zyrtec tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. Praying we get rid of it quick.

Lys, I'm finding that the milk thistle has brought my milk supply up by half. :happydance: Pretty awesome in my opinion. :winkwink:

I'm not sure what I'll do without Doug. He helps me get Amelia into place for breast feeding. I have to put the nipple cover on (because she doesn't like my nipple since the hospital introduced the bottle) then get her to turn my direction. She has peanut butter tongue (tongue that goes to the roof of the mouth and makes it hard for her to lower her tongue to get a good latch) at times and to deal with that, her wailing hands and the dumb nipple shield is almost impossible on my own. I hope I can come up with a plan soon.

I hope Doug doesn't do the overnights or twelve hour shift. Although he leaves for 8 hours every day but two in a week, I just like the idea of having him around when we're awake. I feel safe. Is it possible your husband can switch shifts? :shrug:

Milk thistle.. Ok good to know!! Are you taking it in pill form and can you get it anywhere?! No, on the OH being able to switch shifts... He is Navy and has a very set schedule. I know we will be fine we just need to get into a routine!! My goal now that Noah is 3 weeks old is to get out of the house once everyday... (starting tomorrow) that might sound silly but it keeps me emotionally sane (it also forces me to put on clean clothes, put my hair up, and brush my teeth :haha:)!

Hi ladies.

Milk thistle.. Ok good to know!! Are you taking it in pill form and can you get it anywhere?! No, on the OH being able to switch shifts... He is Navy and has a very set schedule. I know we will be fine we just need to get into a routine!! My goal now that Noah is 3 weeks old is to get out of the house once everyday... (starting tomorrow) that might sound silly but it keeps me emotionally sane (it also forces me to put on clean clothes, put my hair up, and brush my teeth :haha:)!

I'm trying to do this too. It's easy to get into the baby blues. I pray you also have family and friends around you...someone you can count on to do things with or call when your husband isn't around. :hugs:

Milk thistle you can get in pill form but it's more potent in tincture form (liquid). You can find it at most healthfood stores and I get mine at the grocery store in the organic section. Ask someone if you need help. The tincture goes in a little bit of water and about 15 drops 3 times a day OR follow the instructions on the back of the label. :winkwink: It works for me so far!

Lys, my pediatrician said today that how tired we are now, is as tired as we will get. And around 2 months they start sleeping a bit better......she said a lot of that waking up in night each hour is cluster feeding that they do when growing and this is totally normal. She suggests I nursenfornhalfnhour and if he still hungry, have OH bottle feed him like .5 ounce to top him offnso m not sitting awake feeding for an hour like I am now..... I am for hours each night nursing. My sister also pumped and bottle fed and had to give up nursing because her baby stopped taking it since she was bottle feeding so much. Nownshe has a hard time keeping upnwith her baby's milk needs and is trying to just pump enough to feed her. Kian also falls asleep constantly at night so I hate hate hate night time so much. And it still hurts like the worst pain ever. I try to change his latch, but no go. Not sure what to do. Sucks that our OHs had to go back to work! Today was my first day w/o him and I didn't shower til he got home!

I can't leave the house now all week as I'm not allowed to drive for another week:( I hate baby blues.....how long do they last? I'm on 2 weeks now, but don't feel blues all the time. Just fleeting moments.

Aww Mommies :hugs:

Im so sorry to hear you are all missing your OHs now they are back at work, struggling with breastfeeding, pumping, etc, suffering with baby blues, and not sleeping well.

I trully hope things start to get better for you all soon....
xx

octbebe- My dates been and gone 2 it sucks doesnt it. Fingers crossed the sweep works for you.
yourstruly- love the pics, Ali and Ava are lovely, your stomach looks good 2
mrs k- Lucas is adorable, congrats. thanks for labour dust i need it
zb5- Congrats on Silas- looking forward to pics.

so thats 2 boys on the 6th at 9lbs :happydance:

sorry to hear about the blues and feeding issues, its nice you have people to talk to who are going through similar :hugs:

i've got midwife apt on Thurs where they will try and do sweep again but after the agony of last time :shrug: went to Dr's yesterday as got another nice side effect piles :blush: so just feeling really fed up and sore

Adele2011 - im glad im not the only one overdue, its horrible, I feel like my body is failing me, and I'm only 2days over, I have everyone on earth texting me and facebooking me and its getting on my nerves. Have another sweep Friday, I hope they work for us :)

Sorry for the overdue Ladies :hugs:
Hope things start happening soon for you both....
xx

Octbebe- Not sure if you saw my previous post but they tried to examine me previously but after several painful attempts the nurse said she couldnt do it and my cervix was too high so hopefully will be better thurs and they can try a sweep. I'm booked into the hospital i want but if i need to be induced i need to go somewhere i really dont want to go so thats at the back of my mind. I agree this waiting and being uncomfortable really sucks. O and the constant texts etc omg! "just wondering if you've had him" "any sign" yeah i had him just thought i wouldnt tell anyone! grrr. I can't ring anyone cos they get too excited thinking i'm in labour. I know they mean well but aaargh its annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->