October babies due dates and bump colours

How long does everyone's baby nurse for at night? I feel like I am constantly nursing all night cuz if he nurses fr an hour and I lay him down he seems to be crying right away again. I am losing my mind.

ny-- oh my GOD night is the worst with Cody for some reason, during the day I nurse around 15-20 minutes on each side, he goes to sleep, and USUALLY stays asleep for around 3 hours.

at night, he wakes up every 1.5-2hours and nurses for about a half hour on 1 side, falls into an un-wake-able milk coma and repeat process. By the time I get him to where ever he's sleeping, rearrange myself, pee, get back to sleep, it seems like he's crying again in a few minutes. 2:47am and just finished nursing actually, so... back to bed for a few. lol

-Mummy-- So sorry :( I think you jinxed yourself. You kept saying you'd be last, and baby doesn't want to make you a liar.

AFM- I can't believe in a few hours he'll be officially 11 days old. He's already growing too fast. :cry: :rofl:

Michelle sounds like my night time routine. And to make it worse in the er they said he is being over fed. Well I just tried to let him cry and jot feed him more, lasted over an hour I can't ever do it again. So guess I'm going to ove feed my baby. I feel so lost.

overfed? guess cody would fall in the same category. last night he was super hungry after 2ox of pumped milk, he ended up drinking 3 ozs of formula too. but can't let him starve either. he screams until he starts gagging himself. :shrug:

I dont understand how a 4 week old could be overfed? I thought it was all supposed to be about feeding on demand and not letting them cry. If I put them in their own beds i'm up every hour to 1 1/2hrs feeding them....when they are in bed with us they sleep mostly through the night (11pm-4:30am). I have a hard time getting them back to sleep though once 4:30am hits, I dont know if thats about the time that hubby is getting up and leaving for work.

My boys have a cold I think so they have been super fussy. Liam doesnt want to sleep, I think because he can't breath very well. I have him in his swing which can be set at an incline and he is still a little fussy, like he is try to fight falling asleep.

Kristin maybe get them checked? I just fear rev so that's why mine went to ER last night.

But yea, overfed? I also thought I was to feed on demand. He will seriously scream until fed so I am ignoring them and feeding him when he wants. He does eat a lot tho. He can breast feed and still drink 4-6 ounces in a bottle. I just won't feed him so much in bottle.

Kristin maybe get them checked? I just fear rev so that's why mine went to ER last night.

But yea, overfed? I also thought I was to feed on demand. He will seriously scream until fed so I am ignoring them and feeding him when he wants. He does eat a lot tho. He can breast feed and still drink 4-6 ounces in a bottle. I just won't feed him so much in bottle.

I wasn't sure exactly what to do... they are only a little congested not really really sick, but they are more fussy than normal. I can feed them, change them, rock them, nothing seems to be helping other then breastfeeding, but my supply is low so they arent really getting anything it's more of a comfort

Does sucking that nose sucker thing in their nose help? Maybe they're just frustrated with a clogged nose! I read that babies breathe mainly out the nose so keep that clear. And obviously watch for a temp. Maybe google RSV and just see if symptoms match. I think it's a serious life threatening respiratory illness in babies?

I tried using then the sucker but I can get up their nose far enough lol I got a little bit out, no fever though I did check that and they're not coughing or anything so I don't think it's rsv... it makes me so sad to listen to them cry and I don't know what to do for them :-(

Kristen, have you tried the salt water trick? Get an eye dropper and fill it with some warm saltwater (just a smidge of salt and not too warm). Drop one or two drops in each nostril and wait maybe 30seconds. Then put the suction thing just out the nostril (plz don't ever stick it in there!) and suck away. The water gets the boogers moist and it's easier to suck them out.

Kristen, have you tried the salt water trick? Get an eye dropper and fill it with some warm saltwater (just a smidge of salt and not too warm). Drop one or two drops in each nostril and wait maybe 30seconds. Then put the suction thing just out the nostril (plz don't ever stick it in there!) and suck away. The water gets the boogers moist and it's easier to suck them out.

Ive never heard that, ill have to try that next...right now im sitting in the steamy bathroom to see if that helps a bit too

Yeah, I looked up getting boogers out of baby's noses on google and that came up. It's so much quicker than straight suction. I have to do it to Will about every 2-3 days cuz he gets monster nose blocking boogers constantly.

Kristin, Allison also has a cold( just stuffy). Her big sister had it first. We have been using saline drops( same as salt water) but ours is store bought and made for babies. Then we suction a few mins later. Works great. We do it before every feed and before bed at night.

Hope your boys feel better soon.

Great advice cuz I coy,dnt get the boogies out either! Now I know how.

Hi ladies. It's hard to believe your OVER feeding. I think "we" were overfeeding Amelia thanks to the Docs wanting us to get her weight up. They asked we feed her AT LEAST an ounce on top of what she was getting from the breast. As the end of last week came up, Amelia was at the breast attaching SO much better and after every ounce of formula supplementation, she'd throw up horribly. Now THAT to me is over-feeding. So we pushed things back and started supplementing only a half ounce on top of what she's been getting and letting her bf'd on demand.

NOW, my thought on your bf'ing issues. If your only bf'ing 15-30 min's on one boob and switching, your babies may not be getting that HIND MILK. It's the thicker of the milk and makes them full. If you switch too soon to the other boob, their getting the thinner milk and sometimes they can get gas just from taking that. Try bf'ing at night on ONE boob for awhile and see how the babies do.

Another thought is that you may not have a good milk supply. Someone told me that if your babies have to continue for a long period of time, they may not be getting the supply they need and that can be a sign. In which case you'd have to supplement.

I'm by NO MEANS a pro at this and think that the bf'ing forum on bnb could help a whole lot more than me, but those were two things that came to my mind when you mentioned your issues.

geez louise.. I had typed out something a few hours ago and then I thought I'd just check for an update before posting and it all seems os out of date now. lol

And now that I thought I had some time to post one of the babies just woke up (just got the other to sleep a few minutes ago). Mon dieu!

To all the babies with colds out there, get well soon! Silas makes snuffling noises a lot but I don't think he's got a cold. He's spit up milk out his nose a bunch of times now so I'm sure it's gross in there. But we haven't tried suctioning anything out yet... lol. He doesn't seem to mind!

Silas was eating all the time as well - mostly during the day thankfully. I asked the pediatrician if it was possible to overfeed a breastfed baby and she said it would be really hard, and he'd basically be puking after every meal. So I'm trying not to worry about it.

So just when I feel like I'm getting the hang of this, everything changes. For the first 2 weeks he was eating all the time during the day. The past few days he finally started eating only every 2-3 hours during the day like a normal baby, and actually napping sometimes. My boobs were horribly full but at least I got some free time - yay! Well this morning he went into crazy hungry baby mode again, he drained both boobs and then was screaming for more. When will my supply and his appetite ever match up? Eventually DH gave him a bottle of pumped milk from the freezer and then he drained a whole boob and now he is FINALLY satisfied. But first we had ~6 hours of fussy hungry baby... argh.

so jealous u already have pumped stored milk. i finally get a good amount stored and he ends up getting really hungry and getting that. i need to increase supply but not sure how to go about it.

should add-- it takes me about 4-5 hrs to get the 3ozs he's supposed to eat every 3 hours.

Kristin, Allison also has a cold( just stuffy). Her big sister had it first. We have been using saline drops( same as salt water) but ours is store bought and made for babies. Then we suction a few mins later. Works great. We do it before every feed and before bed at night.

Hope your boys feel better soon.

Im going to get the drops tonight when hubby gets home. When he comes home he watches them and gives me some time out of the house alone, which I really need sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->