October babies due dates and bump colours

My boys like to use my collar bone as a handle and scratch me all up. I cut their nails and the next day they are long again, its crazy how fast they grow. As for bc, we had to use ivf to get pregnant bc hubby has a 0.2million sperm count so im not even going to bother with it. That's the only good thing about the whole situation bc I hate being on bc!

I'm planning to bf'd for at least a year unless something gets in the way. I'd like to ttc again in a year so by then I'll be ready to wean her.

NY is it possible that the baby is only getting the milk at the beginning and not the thicker hind milk? I've heard reflux can be from too much of the thinner milk in the beginning. Someone more familiar with bf'ing may be able to elaborate if it truly is an issue. :shrug:

I plan on BF'ing and bottle feeding breast milk until at least 4 months, but hopefully until 6 months or when he's ready for solids. One month down lol..

Oh, birth control. I have no clue what to do and it's bothering me. Right now, THB, I could go the rest of my life without sex, but don't think DH would be very kean :haha: I want to go the long term route, like Mirena or the implant, but I'm worried about side effects. And my DH hates rubbers, so I dunno... I'm super fertile, so we can't do the rhythm or b.f. methods. My 6 week PP check up is next week, so I need to decide soon.

Good luck Yourstruly!!!!

I think I have some PNA or PND :( I am nervous 24/7 and feel like something is going to happen to DS or I'm not looking after him as well as I should. I don't feel myself, mum keeps reminding me I'm a nervous wreck and laughing. Although she is great with DS but when shes not around I'm so scared as his life is in my hands and he is totally reliant on me. If hes awake more than 1.5hours I panic, If he drinks too much I panic, I BF him for an hour and hes still hungry and downs a bottle.

*sigh*

Oct, it's completely normal and common to feel that way. I have anxiety about a lot too. You might want to tell your health caregiver and see if it's normal worry or something that medicine would help? You are doing fine and in a year you will be a pro and the baby stages will be over too quickly so try as much as you can to enjoy your newborn now.

Ma, I had no idea too much fore milk can cause reflux. I think I should try pumping 5-10 min before feeding and see wat that does.......

I hate havingto think of birth control. I'm not very fertile and havent been on anything in many years, but now need to be on something since doctors say I shouldn't get pregnant again:( hubby isn't ready to accept that fate so won't get us fixed yet.

Oh, birth control. I have no clue what to do and it's bothering me. Right now, THB, I could go the rest of my life without sex, but don't think DH would be very kean :haha: I want to go the long term route, like Mirena or the implant, but I'm worried about side effects. And my DH hates rubbers, so I dunno... I'm super fertile, so we can't do the rhythm or b.f. methods. My 6 week PP check up is next week, so I need to decide soon.

lol, I also feel I could go without sex! But DH is raring to go... and I want to make sure we're prepared for when I do someday want sex again, or at least when I decide to be nice to him. :haha: Just thinking about getting pregnant again right now makes me feel ill, I've got so much on my plate with one baby! My DH hates condoms too so those are out.

Octbebe, those feelings sound totally normal. It's still really early yet, I think you'll feel a lot better in a week. My hormones went crazy the first week or so! But if not, definitely talk to your doctor about it, there's no reason to suffer if you could be feeling better. :hugs:

Little-- My baby scratches his "bottle" all up too. little tiny needles grazing my poor boobs. lol. As for Head Circ. He was 37cm as well, my doc said that is a bit larger than average (hence why i needed a forceps delivery)

AS for Birth Control-- It's on my mind a lot now as well. I don't have my checkup for another 4 weeks, but I want to be prepared. DH doesn't mind condoms, but he wants to use double protection like we did before as apparently I'm/We're super fertile/potent. LOL. I also need to be on birth control because I have super heavy periods, and very painful cramps. It actually makes me anemic, I lose that much blood. :wacko: But everyone says hormone pills decrease your milk supply, and I deffo don't need that. Thought about the little rod they stick in your arm, but my doc said it can either make ur period disappear (( :happydance: )) or it can make it heavier (:)growlmad:)) so not really wanting to risk that either.

Currently, I can't even contemplate another child, I can't even imagine having anything similar to my labor again, but I'm not so anti-pg yet that I want to do anything permanent.

*sigh*

Hi Ladies!

Katerdid, LOVE the pics too handsome!

My lil guy has barely slept AT ALL the last 3 days and I don't think I have slept at all!! He is fussy, and squarmy and then starts to cry and this goes on for hrs!! I was thinking maybe gas? Any good recomendations for gas? I don't know what else it could be. Also, at night he is such a light sleeper! During the day if he falls asleep I can set him down or reposition him if I do it at night he just starts crying and we begin all over again... HELP!! :cry:

Other than that my 6 week mark is on Monday, CRAZY! My 6 week Dr. appt is on Tues, 11/1. As for BC... I was thinking an IUD and I'm leaning towards Mirena as of right now.

As for BFing I go back to work 01/02 and I do not plan on BFing or pumping once I go back to work. My schedule is crazy and I work a lot of hrs and do not want to stress about trying to feed / pump etc.

Thought I'd share a few piccies :) Excuse the water marks, haven't got the actual copies in, as these were just taken yesterday.

1.jpg 5.jpg

8.jpg 9.jpg

10.jpg

Aw, Lys, I'm sorry. It might be gas, I know my little guy gets super fussy from it. He will go a few days without pooing and be all frustrated and gassy, then he'll have a super explosive poo and feel better. It's not fun. I heard something called "gripe water" helps some babies, you can get it at baby'r'us I think. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe some of the other ladies have suggestions?

Gosh, that reminds me Lys, I need to put in my 2 week notice! I'd love to stay with sbux but I have to go back Nov 10th and I'm not ready. Plus now that we've moved, the nearest location is 30 mins away and so not worth it for the princess shifts I'd need. Not driving 1 hour just to work 4.

Cute pictures Michelle!!! I love the little naked one lol. Adorable

Ty Kait--It's my favorite too :)

Lys-- I agree with Kater--my baby has been pretty gassy and doc recommended going to wlmart, they have little gas drops you can buy in the baby section. Haven't done it yet, as it seems to be getting a bit better. But, I'm keeping it in my head just in case.

Lys, maybe he has got his days and nights confused. Mine sleeps fairly well in his crib at night, but in the day if he falls asleep he wakes up immediately if you try to move him. It drives me crazy because I can never put him down to get anything done! Even to go to the bathroom or start the laundry, I need to ask DH to hold him or he cries. Or I just let him cry. :wacko: I just tell myself, at least he sleeps at night. (Even if it is in small chunks between feedings.) Maybe worth it even if I am a slave to him all day! Can you try to nap during the day while he's sleeping better?

A lot of people told me babies have their days and nights confused when they're born. Mine slept more at night from the first night in the hospital. :shrug: And he wakes up and is alert at 8am when the sun starts coming in his window... although by then I'm exhausted from getting up and feeding him at night!

Katerdid, crazy that the nearest starbucks is 30 min away! I thought they were everywhere!

Phantom, beautiful pics. :)

Will had hid nights and days messed up at first. My pedi told us to play and talk to him during the day and try to get him to stay awake. And during the night keep the lights low, don't talk or play with him. Will learned pretty quickly. Although I have the same problem as you zb5, I am a slave to him during the day. I've got a soft sheep that plays ocean noises that'll keep him sleeping in his bassinet for a little bit, but otherwise I have to hold him or carry him around in a sling.

Yeah, I know! There was a nice sbux about 15 mins away, but they shut it down last year. Super bummed cuz it was a great location.

Hi Ladies!

Phantom, I LOVE the pics! WOW did they turn out great!!

Katerdid, that's a bummer about having to put in your notice but I understand! That's a lot of driving for just a short amount of work! Great that you can be at home w/ your lil man though!!

ZB5, the weird thing about Noah not sleeping at night is that he was 5 weeks old on Mond and this not sleeping at night thing started on Sund. The 4 plus weeks prior he was getting up 2 - 3 times during the night to be fed and would go back to sleep. Now he just stays awake and fusses (and probably laughs at me for being awake too). That's why I was thinking gas because he had been doing so well previously. Everyone tells me to nap during the day and I don't have an explanation for it but I simply cannot fall asleep during the day (I think it's my brain won't turn off). I bought some gas drops so going to give those a try tonight! Here is to hoping for a couple hrs tonight! :baby:

Ya Cody kinda has his days and nights screwed up too, but i think he's slowly getting better

Oh, that is weird Lys! Hope my guy stays on his schedule. I also have a hard time napping during the day, and going to bed too early. Although the more sleep deprived I get, the easier it is to nap... :wacko:

Hey ladies.

Lys- sounds like it very well could be gas. DD1 had lots of problems with gas. Keep in mind tonight the drop usually take a few days to work( if they are drops like Ovol or little tummy's brand). We had Ava on Ovol drops in every second bottle for months because her gas was so bad. They did work wonders though but if we missed a second bottle then we paid for it. Hopefully things start to get better soon and you can get some sleep. I never could sleep during the day either.

Phantom- Your photo's are beautiful. I always wanted to get pro pictures done of the girls but its just not in the budget for us righ now. Maybe one day.

Katerdid- Too bad about having to quit work. Quite a drive though for only a few hours. I was sad when I quit my job but im loving being a stay at home mommy.( for now)

ZB- My daughter is pretty good at night too. Never had the days and night backwards problem yet. And even if she is awake after a feed at night( which has only been once or twice) I put her back down in her bassinet awake and if she's content and not fussing i go back to sleep. I didn't do it with my first and cuddled her back to sleep but I think im more relaxed this time.

AFM- My dad comes to town tomorrow to meet Allison and see Ava. Looking forward to it very much as I only see him maybe 2 times a year. He lives and works out of the country and doesnt get very many holidays.

I have been pretty lucky with Allison's sleep pattern so far. Last night she took at bottle at 9pm and didnt wake until 3:30 am and them slept until 8:30am. Still no milk coming from me but she is taking 5oz of formula every 3-4 hours during the day and then I let her sleep what she wants at night. She never cries unless im changing her diaper or giving her a bath.

She does still have a cold however. Quite stuffy. I remember my first getting a cold at this age and it taking 2-3 weeks for it to go away.

Still cant believe she will be 4 weeks on Friday and a month on Sunday. I just booked her 2 month vaccines today. Crazy how fast it goes. I keep thinking if i went to my due date she'd only be 1.5 weeks old.

Im feeling pretty good. Tired but good. No soreness down there. Lost a stitch today so i guess im healing well. Took a look for the first time a few days ago and it wasn't nearly as bad as it was with my first. Only 3 small stitches to hold my episiotomy site together this time instead of about 35-40( internal and external) last time. Weight loss isnt't going the way i want it to but I started a Jillian Micheal's work out DVD today so hoping that helps a little.

Hope everyone is doing and feeling great!

Wow sorry for my rambling post.

Hi ladies!

Lys, It could be gas. We have gripe water and it DOES work but I've heard that Mommy's bliss brand is better than our little tummies brand. https://mommysbliss.com/products/1-gripe-water-original-flavor

yourstruly-- Deffo know how you feel. I was SUPER lucky with mine, I was walking in a store and two ladies came up and asked to use him in a photography lesson. They usually do 15 minute shoots, but they kept thinking up different poses, and it ended up being an hour long. They were going to give me a free 8x10 (not a lot, but it was something) and then the Photographer asked to use him in her professional portfolio, I said yes and she gave us a 150 dollar package for 37 dollars to thank me. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been getting any newborn pics either.

That was pretty lucky Michelle! I'm jealous, I'd love to get pro pics too.

I don't know how me not working is going to turn out. I'm worried because we can't live on my DH's income alone. Right now we are living with my parents which is rough, but it's free. But we do want to get our own place at least by March, so hopefully I'll be able to find a job by then. Ugh...I wish I could just stay a SAHM, its much nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->