October babies due dates and bump colours

lys- i forget, are you nursing? I just wanna know if it maybe is the nursing babies up all night?

So glad your all taking about the Vitamin D issue! I have a deficiency since I live here in CNY and it's darker longer. I was prescribed pre pregnancy 20k units of it. I KNOW I can't have that much but am wondering if I can take daily units because I'm exhausted and feeling the effects now. :wacko: I'm calling the pediatrician tomorrow to find out if it's okay. It's interesting that your Dr.'s are mentioning Vitamin D for your babies. Nobody has mentioned Amelia needing it. In fact, they gave us some formula samples that came with a vitamin D tincture and they took the tincture because they DIDN'T want her to have it. Not sure if it was because it was in tincture form or not. :shrug:

On a good note, Amelia is latching EXCELLENT. I'm getting only one 3 ounce extra pumped for Dougs bottle feeding at 5am. I wish I could get more. I'm taking 3 fenugreek pills 3x a day and still taking milk thistle tincture. I DO feel my boobs bigger, but I'm not pumping a whole lot out though for freezing/storing yet.

After one of the older nursing staff told Doug to let Amelia sleep...we decided to do it to spite her pediatricians urge to wake her every 4 hours to feed. It felt SO GOOD for us all to sleep and she was up at 5 am (5 hours). We fed her and went back to sleep. Today I'm feeling a little bit better, though I AM somewhat tired still.

I was told to give Will vitamins but he would not swallow them. I haven't been taking any either....prolly should. I barely remember to take my liver supplements!

Speaking of that, my pupps rash is almost gone! Milk thistle, dandelion root, and pine tar soap have helped so much! Sadly I'm terribly scarred - looks like I've been burned by cigarettes all over my legs. How have you faired, MA?

On the topic of vitamin D for baby. Here you are told before you leave the hospital and again when a nurse comes to check on you and baby the day after you get home that babies who are breast fed and born between sept and march should be given vitamin D drops. You are given a sample bottle in the hospital.

I've never had to give them because it's already added to formula.

MA, is your 3 oz from one side or both sides? I've been pumping just one side because I'm always afraid Silas is going to suddenly be hungry and I don't want to be pumped dry! But I only get 1-2 oz and it seems like so little... :( I hope he is getting more when he nurses directly and the pump is just not as good at getting the milk out.

NY, I am not nursing directly but I am pumping and feeding w/ breastmilk... and I am 100% exhausted. I almost woke up OH last night because I was exhausted and frusterated. LO would not settle down, wouldn't take the bottle and would not stop crying. He has slept all day today which I don't know what do with because do I wake him up so he sleeps tonight?! :(

Zb- i only pump 4 on average between both boobs but if i make a breast milk bottle he eats 5 ounces at least.....so seems im not making enough? no wonder he is up all night sill hungry. i hear they drain the boob better, but i always feel the pump does way better. weird!

lys- im exhausted too and my baby sleeps allllll evening. Its his night time..then he doesnt sleep at night. Its stressful and they say dont even bother with trying to figure out how to change his schedule til 6 monhts at least. grrrrr

Kate, it's "starting" to go away. I too have the awful looking scabs too. I'm still a little itchy BUT the rash isn't present. I can't remember, were you on 17P? Why is it that we have PUPPS post pregnancy? :shrug:

Yours, I wonder WHY they don't suggest this here as MANY people here in CNY have vitamin D deficiency. I'm wondering if she'll get the D through my breast milk then?!

ZB 3 ounces from both sides. That's AFTER taking fenugreek and milk thistle though. The kids DO produce more milk instinctively. If you look at the milk you get out of the pump after 15 minutes and understand your baby is getting more from their bigger and harder sucks you'll see why the pumps aren't as efficient because while they mimic the babies sucks, they don't do it in a way the babies are equipped to do. Aside from that information I don't really have the answers as I'm looking for them myself. I'm assuming that the bf'ing forum would have the answers since many of them are experienced with bf'ing. I AM hoping that I can produce like a cow so I can store. How are these women doing it?! :shrug: :rofl:

Lys, I'm sorry dear friend. It does sound like baby has day and night mixed up. Have you called the pediatrician to ask what to do?? Is there anyone nearby that could help you for a while until the baby gets on a more regular schedule? It sounds like your getting spent. :hugs: It's hard because your husband is gone on top of everything right?? Check in with the pediatricians office though, they may have some ideas.

Zb- i only pump 4 on average between both boobs but if i make a breast milk bottle he eats 5 ounces at least.....so seems im not making enough? no wonder he is up all night sill hungry. i hear they drain the boob better, but i always feel the pump does way better. weird!

lys- im exhausted too and my baby sleeps allllll evening. Its his night time..then he doesnt sleep at night. Its stressful and they say dont even bother with trying to figure out how to change his schedule til 6 monhts at least. grrrrr

NY, we usually supplement a little, it depends on if she feels she's gotten enough...the 3 ounces is what she's been taking in. She WILL need more soon so I'm praying she'll urge my supply to grow. I'm waiting patiently. :winkwink:

Ma, ok so the baby gets more ounces than when I pump? I hope so! Your supply will follow her needs. That's I've been told at least!

I've heard that too...that the baby is better at getting the milk and how much u are pumping doesn't show how much they are getting...for some people the pumps do not work as well

So with all the trouble i have had bfing and only getting 20ml from pumping forever I pumped 80ml from 1 breast last night im 10minutes?? odd.

Pumping confuses me! Today I got 1oz from each boob. What confuses me is that it goes really fast at first, but then basically dries up after 5 minutes. I heard that I should be pumping for ~15 minutes. What gives??? With one side, I was able to get a second letdown, but after that milk only came out for about another minute, then dried up again! So weird. I guess it's good if I can pump fast, but I wish I got more milk from it. :(

Octbebe, wow, 80mL is a lot!!

How many ounces is 80 ml?

Added some pics in my journal! If you're bored. Lol.

MA, nope, no 17P. I don't know why we got it PP...I guess we were just the unlucky ones.

Yep its around 2.5oz. So its there for him but hes not putting in the effort to get it out. But I can only express from one breast? I think it may be because the nipple on the right is an odd shape and doesn't sit on the pump right. Also the right hurts like heck when latching but the left I can't feel a thing.

Wow! 80 ounces?! That's awesome. Are you pumping this? If you are, how often are you pumping and are you on any herbs to help??

NY, yes. Baby should be getting more. When you see them gulping or their mouths are taking up the nipple and areola, they are taking big gulps of milk and sucking out the quantities that they need. If you are hurting a great deal and they are more on just the nipple they aren't getting enough.

I'm told if it hurts, they're not latched properly! They should be on the nipple and the areola.

Now Amelia likes to bite down sometimes and it hurts. That's a bit different. Try telling a one month old to be "gentle". :rofl:

Amelia sleeps so much around the clock. I hope this is okay. :shrug: She wakes with her eyes open once in awhile.....Especially when daddy's home. But for me as soon as she gets near me she sleeps. Must be a comfort thing but I'm getting nervous that she's still not getting enough milk to gain weight. I put her to my nipple at 230 and she refused it and kept sleeping....then after some coaxing she took it in for 15 minutes but has been sleeping ever since. I know I sound crazy to most of you who are fighting to get your little ones to sleep but I'm unsure how normal this is. Are babies Supposed to sleep a lot?! :shrug:

Hey there ladies :hi:

I have finally read all of your posts, and am caught up on everything! Took me an hour! lol
Sorry to hear of all you ladies who are having problems with feeding, pumping and lack of sleep. Im in the same boat.
Freya sleeps all day, and wakes up every hour during the night....
Freya only sucks on the breast for 15 minutes before falling asleep (still attached). When i try to prise her off, she starts sucking frantically again (for a minute or so). This goes on for an hour or so...
I am pumping once a day, 10 minutes on each breast, and getting about 120mls. I am storing this incase i need it....
My nipples were cracked, bleeding and scabbed over for the first 5 days or so, but they are much much better now....

New motherhood is difficult, tiring, stressful, overwhelming and scary. But I love Freya to bits!
Hope you are all adjusting to motherhood as well as can be expected....
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"