October babies due dates and bump colours

awh so pleased alls ok youngmumy I was worried about you :hugs:

Nai thats such good news, a wonderful sound :happydance:

Littlestars Im ok now, ms and tiredness have gone bumps starting to grow now too

Mummy2tyler good luck with your scan today :thumbup:

Hope everyones well today. xxx

So glad baby is ok youngmummy. Guess put your feet up as much as poss to take pressure off. Though prob not easy with baby to look after.

Boo for headaches and tiredness girls! Are you all properly hydrated? Don't forget as our blood volume increases we'll need more fluids.

Nai, that's great on the doppler!!! We used a basic one last night too. Took ages, but eventually got the hb! Had my hb as a gentle woosh in the background, then suddenly got the rapid toc toc toc of baby's hb for about 40 seconds, then baby must have moved. Sooo reassuring. As they get bigger, I guess they will be easier to find.

Fairy x

we heard it once before at our 8 week scan, so we knew what to look out for - and this was definite baby and not me, mine was 85bpm, baby was a steady racing 156bpm :thumbup: such a reassuring and amazing sound!

still no word from hospital for my scan, 11 wks today - i'm ringing at lunch :dohh:

Aw, that's great news with your dopplers ladies! I'm so jealous! My DH won't let me get one because he'll know I'll freak out if I don't find the heartbeat. Probably true, lol.

I'm so excited for everyone's scans! Can't wait til the genders start rolling in. I might get a chance to find out mine early! Finger's crossed it all works out!

Nai - hopefully you'll get a word on your scan. That's kinna crazy they haven't ringed yet!

I still have small bouts of MS, mostly in the mornings though. Crazy tired as well, it seems all I do is sleep, go to work, sleep, etc. I think I may be getting a proper bump under my bloat - DH says it's a lot firmer now, so that's super exciting!

Thats amazing about hearing babies on dopplers :thumbup: havent been able to find mine yet mite try again tonight after lots of water hehe.
Youngmummy- Great about the wriggley worm :baby: hope your scars are ok
Rebekah- how u feeling now?
littlestars- mmm crisp sandwiches i'm liking salt & vinegar squares

my 20week is 18th May hope its not sitting on its bum like last time all curled up want to know if pink or blue :)

when can you normally feel baby moving?

Hi ladies. Love hearing all the fun news!

I've been having headaches too. They really started taking place after the illness in the hospital but I've been keeping hydradted with ALOT of water. Doug says headaches are common in pregnant women which is a comfort but for someone who doesn't usually get headaches it's no fun to deal with them is it?!

On another note, I'm having THE WORST time getting comfortable at night. I feel REALLY bloated on my upper belly. I know the baby is closer to the lower abdomen so it's annoying me a bit. I feel and walk like a sumo wrestler at the moment. I know I'm plus size so a bit larger than many of you on here, but is anyone else feeling this? I didn't feel this way at all with my first pregnancy.

In a way it's good that everything is different this pregnancy. I have nothing to compare with my last preterm loss so to me I have to let some of the fears go and know this is simply a whole different pregnancy.

At any rate, I had a special pillow I bought with last pregnancy and got it out last night to use, it was slightly better but I'm finding it hard to catch my breath sometimes because I feel so bloated and my boobs are so darn big. :lol:

Oh lys my scans the 10th may too xxx

Hi Gash, so glad to have a buddy!! I feel like time is flying by and it is coming up so quickly!! I might try to go in earlier for a 3D/4D scan because the OH cannot make it to my appt on May 10th. This is our first and we really want to find out the gender together!!

Mommy's Angel, I am with you on the headaches... (TERRIBLE headaches). I have been taking extra strength Tylenol and am at this very moment nursing a giant jug of water. I also have not been sleeping well at all. :cry: I have been waking up in the middle of the night between 1am - 4am and do not go back to sleep I just toss and turn, UGH, its miserable! :nope:

I was so happy that my nausea had mostly gone away. I didn't expect it to be replaced by poor sleep and headaches! :( I have been waking up every night as well, but the past few days I've been better at falling back asleep afterwards. Maybe I just have to train myself to fall back to sleep? The headaches are annoying to, and I always keep myself very hydrated. They show up most days around noon, and then I take some Tylenol... they aren't too bad right now but it is still kind of a drag. Still, I think I prefer this to the nausea.

I agree, I'd take this over all day nausea. I do wish I could find a sleep position that works for me. Ah well, I'm sure it will come. I just can't believe I look and feel like a sumo wrestler and I'm only a couple days away from 14wks. :wacko: :shrug:

MA and gash, I've started showing now too. I thought it would take longer, but I guess not! My bump isn't huge or anything, but I am finally feeling a bit better like I am convinced it is mostly baby and not just bloat. Or at least half and half or so... :haha:

I've also been waddling some, and taking a lot of effort to get myself up out of chairs, etc. It definitely seems too early for that! :dohh: What am I going to be like in 6 months??? :haha:

What am I going to be like in 6 months??? :haha:

My thought EXACTLY! :dohh::wacko::haha: I'm trying to keep out of my head how much I'll need to work off once the baby comes. I want to get off insulin (which is considered safe during pregnancy) but I can't do it until after breastfeeding. Once I get off insulin, I think It'll stop adding excess fat. Any extra insulin stores as fat. So I'm darned if I do, darned if I don't. The good thing of all this though is that we are having a baby and the end result is well worth the sumo wrestler and waddling.:winkwink::thumbup::haha:

Ive started to show too but nowhere near like I was with Caleb (I was huge) my friend was over yesterday and she said she thought I looked like I had lost weight.

MA I know the feeling about meds and weight Im on daily steroids and have bloated since being put on them 4 years ago but hey if it keeps you well then whats a few extra pounds?

Hope you all have nice weekends planned, Im hoping for some sun. DH is working all weekend so just Caleb and I xxx

Last night was yet another rough night for sleeping. I'm in the same boat as many of you with extreme tiredness during the day and then near insomnia in the middle of the night. Lame! As for the headaches, I just hate I can't have Advil, Tylenol just doesn't cut it to get rid of headaches. I end up taking 4-6 over the course of a day trying to rid myself of the nasty pounding. Oh well... still all worth it! :)

DH and I are still bickering on potential vehicles, he is so dead set on one vehicle and we haven't even tried driving it yet, far less seeing if it really mets our needs. Since when do guys fight so hard for a minivan?? lol

Mommy'sAngel - I hear ya about the weight loss after the pregnancy. I was doing Atkins and very successfully I might add. Had been down 130lbs before I started the first round of IVF. But with all the fertility meds and the holidays and going off diet and uncontrollable cravings I'm a mess! I'm determined that as soon as the spring comes after delivery I will be pre-pregnancy weight and I'm going to get a twin jogger so I can get into running again... Ha! This is what I say now though.. what I really do in a whole other matter. I always have really good intentions.

Anyway, I just checked the weather report for today and things are looking gorgeous! So I'm off to play with DD outside and dust off the dirt from our bikes. I think I can still balance on my bike for a little longer! lol

Gash, your right about the meds issue. Trying to take it in stride. Little Stars...Oh the fertility treatment weight. ((sigh)) Yes, good intentions...though we may be too busy with babies to do what we'd like. Doug and I used to Kayak and ride bikes. I'd like to get us all back into that next spring summer when the baby is here. We love to hike too. I'm already planning a spring break vacay for almost two weeks. We haven't been on a vacation in years so I'm ready! We figure we'll go somewhere nice by the water since the baby won't remember too much. Eventually we'd like to go to Disney World too but when the baby gets bigger. :thumbup:

I rode my bike and lived to tell! lol Actually I wanted to go further and faster than DD wanted but alas... DH is studying for finals right now and I'm a single mom until they are over! I can see myself using my bike for at least another 2-3 months though perhaps I underestimate the rate of growth of my belly with twins.

I'm so looking forward to this summer, I'm definitely going to embrace it. I'm thinking next summer it's going to be A LOT harder to do our normal summer things like going to the cottage for a week or camping and going to the beach.

I rode my bike and lived to tell! lol Actually I wanted to go further and faster than DD wanted but alas... DH is studying for finals right now and I'm a single mom until they are over! I can see myself using my bike for at least another 2-3 months though perhaps I underestimate the rate of growth of my belly with twins.

I'm so looking forward to this summer, I'm definitely going to embrace it. I'm thinking next summer it's going to be A LOT harder to do our normal summer things like going to the cottage for a week or camping and going to the beach.

Oh, do you rent a cottage? Where do you camp?? We love to camp. Last time we went to the Adirondacks we conceived our first little guy bless him.

I can't imagine you riding a bike with twins in your belly. :lol: ESPECIALLY for another couple of months. :haha: Be careful out there!:hugs:

Ooh, that is very romantic MA, conceiving your son in the Adirondacks. :) I really wanted to conceive on vacation, I just thought it would be romantic and fun so we took a little trip the first month we started to TTC. Well, it WAS romantic and fun! But we didn't conceive right away. In fact, we conceived the month we were both really busy with work and DH wasn't even in the mood, and I told him "Too bad! We have to do it now!". Er... soooooo romantic. :haha:

Anyway, LittleStars, I hope you can still get away to the cottage next year. I think it could be even more fun with babies, if not as relaxing... I am just accepting that whatever vacations we do with a LO will have to be on the laid back side. But I think spending a week at a cottage counts as laid back. :)

we spent yesterday at a country park in wales, half the day on the greens walking around the forest and the other half on the beach. Took our 2 gorgeous dogs with us who loved every second :cloud9: and we've decided that we're going to go camping there over the summer (getting a tent big enough that we can take out double blow up bed as i'm already struggling to sleep!!) and that we'll holiday there next year with baby... it was so unbelievably beautiful, and gorgeous weather. I love planning our holidays with a baby to think about - it's incredible!! :cloud9:

hope all the uk ladies are enjoying this amazing weather!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->