October babies due dates and bump colours

Gash, the waterbabies class sounds amazing. I wonder if I can find anything like it here in the States....

I think I've been feeling flutters the past few days, too-- can't sure though, as I'm not completely certain what it really feels like. It COULD just be a strange new type of gas, I suppose.

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well?!!

I had my dating scan today, it was amazing - baby was stretching, kicking and doing headstands, lol :)

Apparently I was having Braxton Hicks contractions during the scan, which I was completely unaware of - I didn't even know you could have them this early?!!! So they took a while getting the measurements, but dated me at 13+1 - which pretty much matches my dates. So official due date is 17th October :) One day early - if you could change my date on the front page please?!!! Haha - isn't it funny how one day is so important to us, lol :)

Still buzzing, lol :)

thatsb everyone updated, Had a very eventful day but will update later as need some food xxx

hello i think ive changed my mind i think i want to know the sex of my baby,,
my 12 week scan today at 12+5 spot on:happydance:

Attachments

• 12+5.1.jpg
    12+5.1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 5
awh why have you changed your mind hunny?

So today I spent the day in a&e after falling down the stairs :dohh: I was ok as never fell on my tummy, just hurt my elbow really. Im such a clutz. Put the full story on my journal if insomnia sets in and anyone wants a midnight read xxx

Hello ladies! I am a bit late here, but have not joined any pregnancy groups yet and still actively speak with my TTC ladies....But its time for me to accept that I AM pregnant, and will be for quite some time now:) I didn't want to jinx anything too soon, but am quite confident in this bean now that its gotten through quite a bit.

Congrats to all the october babies on the way!

My due date is October 19th!

Welcome Tampa! and Welcome nypage! :hi:

zb5 - I've never gone to any of the maritime provinces. I like my big city! That being said DH is in the military and the navy to boot so I'm sure there is a chance that at some point we could get posted to one of the coasts and while I know DH would choose BC I'd definitely choose Halifax to be a little closer to get home to visit family. Everyone I've ever known from the maritimes LOOOOOOOOVE PEI. A friend of mine even bought a cottage there when her husband got posted back there.

Well after DH and I went around and around with the whole trading in the car for a new one thing.... we've decided to do our absolute best to see if we can get three carseats in the back of the Civic and a twin stroller in the trunk. It's going to be hard but we really would like to be payment free for a few years while we save up to get a vehicle we WANT. Dh agreed that he really only wanted the minivan for 2-3 years just to make things easy but that the cost/benefit wasn't there if we can make it work with our current car. Wish us luck! This might be a bit of a chore.

The good thing though... it means I have to start shopping for baby things!!! window shopping of course but yay!!! I'm thinking I need to get my passport updated for some serious cross border shopping. The Canadian dollar is rockin'!

Hi Everyone,
Can I just say I love this thread!!! Great job Gash for starting it!

So, every morning I have a VERY VERY definite bump! It is about softball size this week and I can put my palm around it nicely! I showed it to the OH yesterday... I said Babe do you want to feel the baby... when I lifted up my shirt and sucked in a little he goes, "WOW... I didn't realize you were showing already!!". I lose the bump through the day but laying down it is easy to find. This is my first so altogether a very exciting event. :cloud9:

I don't think I have felt any flutters yet but I am not very quite or still! Lucky ladies though who are feeling movement already!!

The OH goes to Germany for a week tomorrow for work... we are going to find out the gender when he gets back!!! YAY, probably 4/18 or 4/19 :happydance:

Hope everyone had a good Monday!

Glad you're okay gash! That sounds very unpleasant so I hope your elbow feels better soon.

LittleStars, good luck with the car! It does sound difficult with the three car seats, but a car is a big investment. It is a great feeling not having any car payments as well.

Welcome nypage! I totally understand your waiting, I felt very cautious at the beginning as well.

Nothing really to report right now. It's 2am here and I'm just about to get to bed. :wacko: The Doula will be here again tomorrow to talk with us and check in. Friday is our anatomy scan and I'm PRAYING that we may find out the gender at almost 15wks. I'd LOVE to know!

Glad all is well, :hi: to the new ladies and looking forward to getting to know you all. :hug:

awh why have you changed your mind hunny?

So today I spent the day in a&e after falling down the stairs :dohh: I was ok as never fell on my tummy, just hurt my elbow really. Im such a clutz. Put the full story on my journal if insomnia sets in and anyone wants a midnight read xxx

its just hit me,, my mum has turners.. and i was ok yea and...... if its a girl my mum had me with hrt... but she had me... and my mum has no other problems went thru her meapous early but shes all ok...so i was like i dont mind what sex as long as all is ok, hubby wanted me to have the downs test so i did thats a great number but it kinda slipped out that when i said oh every one NUB guessing girl.. he face dropped and said oh,, and then along the words i want a boy cause turners... then went silent.. i dont know what to do or say..
im stuck! so im thinking of i know the sex hubby can prepare him self.. as he didnt want a baby with downs ( not to every one prefrence ) but that was hubbys choice i just wonder what he would be like if baby has turners.. it could be like my mum or could be worse.... not that it would bother me...

Hope you are ok gash i will have a read

Hey BabyDeacon, that sounds like a tricky place to be right now. Forgive my ignorance, but what is Turners? How does it affect someone? Hope you and your hubby work things through ok.
Fairy x

Welcome new ladies!!!

And hurrah for the good scans coming in.

Gash, that sounds a bit of a fright falling like that! You take care lady!

Littlestars i've seen plenty of cars with three carseats in a row. I guess you might just have to mess around with diff brands of car seats as some will be that bit wider than others. If it's anyhelp, on Saturday we were in a department store and the saleswoman explained the whole car seat thing to us as we didn't have a clue. I asked her in all honesty what is the diff between a car seat costing £50 and £150. She said in reality, not a lot, maybe apart from comfort and padding. She said they all have to comply to the same safety standards and laws. So the cheap ones are just as safe as the expensive ones. She said you pay for name of brand and extra comfiness. So that was good to know.

Well, we've just moved my scan day back two days. AGH!!! How's this for timing? My DH has applied for a job in the area of the country we want to move to, to be closer to family and friends etc. Well, brilliant news he has an interview. On the same day as the scan was scheduled. We both sooooo want him to be there, so they have agreed to move the scan into a cancellation slot they had. So instead of it being 2 weeks today, it's 2 weeks and 2days from today. Thank goodness i have the doppler to keep me reassured in the meantime or i would go just a little crazy!! So i'll be 13+3 at the scan. At least it should make for a great picture!!!

Hurrah for bumps starting to appear! I'm definitely getting more rounded. Not bump shaped as such tho darn it! I've started wearing maternity trousers just cos of the comfy waistbands. Hurrah for elastic!

Hope everyone is well.

Fairy xx

hi ladies im angela just had my dating scan yesterday and everything was perfect and my due date is 25th of october eeek i cant wait ! does anybody have an idea when i should feel some flutterings/movements ? this will b my 3rd child xx

lalos - welcome! I don't know when to tell you might be able to feel anything.. as the saying goes 'every pregnancy is different'. I can tell you though that you feel a baby with a posterior placenta sooner than an anterior one and if you are a bit 'fluffy' it can take longer than the the skinny girls. The fact that this is not your first tells me you will likely feel things sooner than pervious pregnancies. I can only seemingly (and only sometimes so far) feel one of the babies and that makes sense since one is posterior and the other is anterior. Also the fact that there is two in there it's probably a bit more of a squeeze for the babies.

Just found out today that DH is NOT going away for 3 months training this summer. I'm happy to have him around and all but it was the perfect summer for him to go away since the babies will be here next summer and DD is old enough to understand why daddy had to go away. Next summer he will likely take paternity leave so hopefully he will get a chance to do the training the following summer before school is over and he is back on the job. On the bright side I won't be a single mom all summer during the week (he would have driven home on the weekends) and going camping will be easier to plan.

Okay off to :laundry::iron::dishes:. (what? No icon for vacuuming??) Spring cleaning is calling!

Hey LittleStars. I saw that you said your hubby is in the military and if i remember correctly you said you live in edmonton i believe at some point. Correct me if im wrong i may be thinking of someone else lo

EDIT: Oops nope just read back you said Canada not edmonton sorry.

Was listening to babies heart beat last night and it seems to have settled in at 140 ish now where as when we first heard it at 8 weeks it was 162. Nice and strong still though and easy to find now most days.

Hi-

Is this normal for the HB to go lower like this for good? Mine was always 160's until like a week ago its 140's and 150's and not gunna lie, it worried me! I know it shouldn't but it did. Nice to see this must be a trend with babies. :thumbup:

Shoot, I tried to quote you Yourstruly10 and for some reason it didn't put that sentence in quotes...so refer to the beginning of my post as your own words....then mine. Stupid computer.

Was listening to babies heart beat last night and it seems to have settled in at 140 ish now where as when we first heard it at 8 weeks it was 162. Nice and strong still though and easy to find now most days.

Hi-

Is this normal for the HB to go lower like this for good? Mine was always 160's until like a week ago its 140's and 150's and not gunna lie, it worried me! I know it shouldn't but it did. Nice to see this must be a trend with babies. :thumbup:

It happened with my daughters too. At 8 weeks hers was 165 and by the time we heard it again at 14 weeks at the doctors it had settled at 145. I asked the doctor then if it was normal and he told me if was perfectly normal. He said its faster during their major development time in the fist 12 weeks and then settles at a rate when the major development is slowing down. some stay high some settle a bit lower. Also baby's heart beat is faster when they are moving around and slower when they sleep/relax. Also most women dont hear their baby's heart beat until around 12-14 weeks so they dont really notice a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->