October babies due dates and bump colours

I am confused! How come so many of you are getting your gender scans so early? I was told it wasn't until 20 weeks and for me thats june 1st. WTH????

I am confused! How come so many of you are getting your gender scans so early? I was told it wasn't until 20 weeks and for me thats june 1st. WTH????

My OB gender scan is at 18 weeks. I'm paying for a private 4D scan at 15 weeks. (as I did with my DD) The same woman who is doing the 4D scan for this pregnancy is the ultrasound tech from my old OB and told me at 13 weeks my DD was a girl :)

:rofl: i just can't go see my doc anymore cos he's hot and older.. yum YUM! lol but basically that means i can't be showing him my foodle or my boobles!!! :rofl:

my scan went brilliantly ladies! :cloud9: baby was face down at first sleeping i think cos wasn't moving :haha: We SOON changed that! :haha: she pushed really hard on my tummy to wake it up :rofl: so soon got it facing a better way :thumbup: then it started doing kicks off my one side and headbutting the other side, was so funny!!! lol

So, she put me back to halloween - just as I thought she would! Which means (in your FACE early sonographer lady who told me i didn't know what i was on about!!! :haha:) that I ovulated like i thought on cd18 and am due 31.10.11 - please can you update me on the home page?

didn't get to hear the heart beat though which was disappointing :nope: but she said she saw it and measured it and it's fine :shrug:

also, they dont' screen scan for ds!? was a bit shocked, not that it would make an ounce of difference to me and DH as we'd love our baby no matter what. Having quad tests instead at 16wks with mw :shrug:

dh agreed for me to book a private gender scan at 16 wks - so aiming for week of 16th May and then back to hospital for my 20wk scan around 13th june :cloud9:

noone warned me it takes THREE HOURS at the bloody hospital!!! :rofl:

got to go for consultant led care for a bit because of anaemia/vit b12 anaemia and very low blood pressure. Hoping i'll get back to midwife led care though as all can just be monitored :shrug:

low blood pressure explains all the dizzy spells then.. :dohh:

Just so happy today! :thumbup: here's baby!
https://i55.tinypic.com/2d1uzao.png

Congrats Nai... Love the pic, so exciting!!

Nypage, I went to a private ultrasound place and paid for everything. My 20 week appt is May 10 but the OH can't go and we wanted to try and find out the gender together. So, that is why I got it so early.

Lys, congrats on your boy!! My scan is in 2 weeks... I'll be exactly 18 weeks.. can't wait!!

Katerdid, beautiful bump! I haven't taken a bump picture in over 3 weeks.. I really need to get to it again!

I just got my 16 weeks middy apt, 5th May so smack bang on 16 weeks :D

What will happpen?
I'm UK based :flower:

I had my 16week apt yesterday they checked my bloodpressure and urine for protein, also i got my previous blood results for sickle cell,rubella anitbodies,syphilis,hep b,hiv. They told me my blood group (which is a bit different :haha:) and they took more blood to see if high risk for downs (which is optional) i asked to listen to heartbeat aswell :happydance:

My 20week scan is 18th May. I think only one person knows definate sex of baby is that right?

Love the baby pics glad you got your scan eventually Nai and Lys he has super long legs! :hugs:

Nai you're too funny! Love the scan :)

NyPage & Mommy'sAngel - normally I'd cross over the border at either Cornwall (Canada) into the indian reserve area or at Ogdensberg (sp?) on the USA side. We used to hit Messena but it stinks now and going further would require a little more effeort (like actually leaving earlier in the morning instead of at lunch). My sister though, lives in the Toronto area so we'd be crossing from there.. not sure what bridge we'd go over on but she suggested Buffalo for shopping. I've heard the shopping is decent in Syracuse but I've just never gone there, same with Rochester. They are just kinda at the wrong point in that pesky ol' Lake Ontario. Maybe I'd try Watertown though in the future if I were coming from my city rather than my sister's. Wonder if it's any good.

I'm officially 14 weeks today!!!! I can finally not feel so sneaky about posting in the 2nd tri section, lol. I'm excited for this weekend since my sister will be coming home for Easter. She will be announcing her pregnancy finally. She is literally 3 days ahead of me. My mom is going to pass out when she hears! I kinda feel bad for my SIL though, she and my brother have been trying to have children for few years after an accidental pregnancy that ended in MC and she still hasn't got her meds to ovulate right yet and I get the impression she/they are nervous about taking more invasive measures like IUI or IVF.

I just got my 16 weeks middy apt, 5th May so smack bang on 16 weeks :D

I Love the baby pics glad you got your scan eventually Nai and Lys he has super long legs! :hugs:

Hi Adele! Yay for May appts! I was also thinking super long legs from my scan pics. I am 5 10' so for a woman most consider me a giant and since it's going to be a boy I am hoping he is super tall! (Since us tall ladies have a hard time finding tall men :winkwink:)

Has anyone else gotten sick yet this pregnancy (not counting MS)? I have this cough/ cold/ mess that I can't get rid off. I was up for hrs last night coughing, finally took some Tylenol PM.

Lys, I am tall too (5' 9 1/2"). I hope if I have a boy he will be tall! Actually I kind of like being a tall girl so I wouldn't mind if I had a girl and she was tall too. :) DH is pretty average height for a guy so we will see.

I haven't been sick but my allergies have been really bad so I've been going through Kleenex as if I was sick. I haven't taken any drugs for it though because I know it will just make me even more sleepy than I already am...

Lys I am 5'11 and my DH is 6'3. My 5 year old son is already tall for his age, everyone thinks he is older than he is. I like my son being tall I don't know about if I had a DD if I would like her to be as tall as me. I had it hard being tall no clothes are long enough for my legs and just awkward being the tallest girl when I was in school. We shall see though.

I had a horrible stomach virus 2 weekends ago. I was not able to eat from Saturday night though Monday night! It was so bad I almost had to go to the hospital because of dehydration. My doctor said if I could keep water and popsicles down monday night then he would not send me to the hospital. Thank goodness I did! No cold's or coughs though yet.

Love the scan pic nai :)

I have had a sickness bug my little boy brought home from nursery, he got it & then passed it to me, left me knocked out for 1 full day and half the next day ....was horrible but touch wood so far nothing else xx

going to be taking my bump pic tonite for my journal as im taking them every 2 weeks and i will post it in here too , to share with you ladies x

heres my 14week bump pic x
https://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z456/pl4ym8/d4c5891b.jpg

https://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z456/pl4ym8/7ff5487b.jpg

Foodle and muff :haha: that made me chuckle.
I thought i was tallish at 5ft 8" but i know feel like a short ass compared to you amazon ladies :)
wow mummy2tyler that bump is perfect. Mine goes out under my boobles(as nai calls them i like it) and is hard at top then goes in at belly button then its just wobble hehe
i must get a bump pic on
o n i havent been ill apart from feeling sick i havent been sick since sun tho woo hoo

i'm so jealous of all your bump pics!!! :haha: mine is teeny tiny.. :dohh:

anyone think baby looks like (s)he is sucking thumb in this piccy? :haha: i'm a thumb sucker - niece pointed it out and is convinced of it.. actually niece is still here asking a million an one questions and telling me how i'm going to have saggy (.Y.) if i breast feed.. I pointed out they'll prob sag anyway since i've gone up 4 cup sizes already :haha:

https://i55.tinypic.com/501ny8.png

yeh add a bump pic ....boobles haha :haha:

adele im 5ft 7"

nai - baby deffo looks like its sucking its thumb!! :thumbup: thats adorable!

My boobs sagged after tyler & i never breast fed properly....only managed the 1st 3days, but since being pregnant this time they have grown and perked up a bit, well thats probably not actually possible but they dont seem as "saggy" iykwim.....maybe just cuz theyre a bit bigger lol

ok, the dwarf over here in the corner will put up a bump piccy tomorrow.. i'm only 5foot!! :haha:

ooohh anyone else been told their bmi is absolutely fine even though you're technically overweight!? the midwife measured me and said "that's perfect".. umm, i beg to differ.. but i have got a very small waist so maybe it's not just on "weight"? :shrug:

yeah your sproggle is sucking its thumb :thumbup: cute.
my :holly: are saggy anyway i just tie them in a bow so i dont trip up.
off to take a bump pic looking forward to seeing yours dwarf ahem nai :kiss:

yeah your sproggle is sucking its thumb :thumbup: cute.
my :holly: are saggy anyway i just tie them in a bow so i dont trip up.
off to take a bump pic looking forward to seeing yours dwarf ahem nai :kiss:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you'll have to teach me how to tie them up effectively!!!

stop making me laugh ladies, i'm reaching for the rennie already! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->