October babies due dates and bump colours

no way could I wait! :haha: I booked our gender scan for the first available slot after 16 weeks privately :haha: 23 days to go!!!! :happydance:

I'm sooooo undecided about gender scans..., part of me really wants one, part of me is saying wait for the 20week one xx arghhh!!

my sister was outraged that we're finding out! :haha: we just want to get buying gender specific things to save buying clothes i won't really want to use (green, white, yellow - all colours i'm not overly keen on) so it's more for not wasting money as well for us... :thumbup: x

Haha nai this is the main reason i want an early gender scan lol !! I was online baby browsing lastnite and all i wanted to do was buy buy buy but I'm like you i want to be able to buy pinks or blues or little outfits etc not just creams, whites etc :( grrr what do i do!!

:haha: you know the ttc poas pushers!? i should be a gender scan pusher! :haha: i just don't like pastel colours, i've never worn pastel in my life and i really don't want to have a tonne of pastel yellow and green clothes - i love bright cheerful clothes for boys and girls so it will be bright turquoise blues, bright pinks, reds etc. and for boys i love bright colours too - but bright greens, blues etc. not pastels!

Very cute bump ladies! I think I might being starting to get one because my 5 year old son told me, mommy your belly is getting bigger. Lol :haha:

I could not wait until the end to find out the gender either. I love being able to buy and plan for a boy or girl, like you ladies are saying bright colors for the baby! I can' t wait to find out on my 16 week scan on May 10th!! Hopefully the baby will cooperate. :happydance:

This is going to be exciting in the next month when everyone starts to get their genders!

I don't mind all the pastel colours if the outfit is cute enough! With DD she was so pale and fair-haired she could not have pulled off too much colour and she had a storkbite birthmark on her forehead that came out when she cried so red accentuated it. That being said I must admit I used to sneak into the boys section to buy black or navy pants/leggings to go with her paler clothing.

I too, do not want gender neutral clothing, bedding, room decor. I'm so eager to buy things but I'm not paying for a private scan. I'm stuck with whatever the doctor decides. I'm going to the OB tomorrow and will probably not see him again for 4 weeks at which time I'll get a scan and hopefully get to know the genders. I'll be 18-19weeks by then so hopefully it'll go smoothly.

How was everyone's Easter weekend? I had a dinner at my parents on Saturday and then yesterday we had an Easter egg hunt with DD in the a.m. and then to a friend's for another Easter dinner in the p.m. I finally got to see my sister's bump.. or lack thereof. Poor girl. She's got nothing! I'm sure it'll pop by the time she comes to visit next time. I told her not to worry, she was going to have the cute bump and I was going to have the big bump and I'd trade her in a heartbeat! Then we made fun of how ridiculously huge I'm going to end up being, jokes about wheelbarrels etc. Good times. :dohh:

I just cant believe how fast time in flying by!! Oct still feels far away but the weeks seem to be zooming by! I can't believe that Im 17 weeks... I think a couple of us have May 10th appts and by then I will be just over 19 weeks and almost half way there!! I don't know if it's because it's our first or if it's just that life is busy!

(We are in the process of buying a house and we close the first week of May!! We just gave our 30 days notice on our current place!)

Lys, I'm in the same boat as you. Giving 30-day notice this week and excited to be moving out of our little apartment! Although we're building a house-- so if it ends up not being done by the end of May (which is quite possible), we might have to live with my parents for a couple of weeks. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually looking forward to that... I could use my mom's spoiling for a little while in the midst of all the moving-stress ;-)

Time is flying for me, also... I can't believe how fast the past few months have gone!

I just cant believe how fast time in flying by!! Oct still feels far away but the weeks seem to be zooming by! I can't believe that Im 17 weeks... I think a couple of us have May 10th appts and by then I will be just over 19 weeks and almost half way there!! I don't know if it's because it's our first or if it's just that life is busy!

(We are in the process of buying a house and we close the first week of May!! We just gave our 30 days notice on our current place!)

It is flying by. This is my fast pregnancies yet. :haha:

Congrats on buying a house. We were in the process closing on our house when I went in to labor so everything had to be pushed back.

Seems like there is a few of us moving while pregnant! I'm moving as well, only don't know when or where. DH is up for promotion, but he has to be transferred to a different store. Since we have no family here anymore, I wanted to move back home to Michigan (12 hours drive away) to be closer to my family. So we're just waiting to see which store will take him. Bit nerve-wracking, since it's been 4 months with no word.

Oh, I can't wait til the gender scan. I really don't want gender-neutral clothes/nursery either. Gotta wait til June...I'll be 20wk6days. (Rather find out at 16/17wk, but DH is making me wait)

We'll be moving too, and also don't know when or where! DH and I are currently in disagreement about moving before or after baby. But considering we don't even know where we're moving yet, I am guessing it will be after baby... I'm graduating this summer and am looking for a new job to start after baby is 4-6 months old. DH works from home so he could move anywhere. We'll see where we end up!

I actually am totally fine with gender neutral stuff, actually I prefer to have mostly gender neutral items. But DH has said no clothes buying until we find out the gender! :shrug: And honestly, there aren't very many gender neutral clothes options at the stores, it's pretty silly... Like you say, very limited to white and pastel yellow or green.

went shopping today and even the gender neutral stuff seemed to be more boy or girl!!! bought one outfit - mum loved it then turned it around and saw the hat and said - well you can't put that hat on a little girl, that's for a boy! and that was with the most gender neutral outfit we could find! green = boys and yellow = girls today for some reason :shrug:

just can't wait for 3 weeks time :happydance:

Careful of the white outfits! Baby barf stains like no ones business!

I went through 3 bags of used stuff from a family member who got it from a friend. There were so many things with barf stains I just threw back in the bag. Grossest thing in the bag.. there was a pair of pants, cute from the front, flip it over and there was BLOOD stains on the bumhole area! What the heck???? That went into the garbage, no way I donating that to a charity. Gross!

Found out my next door neighbour is expecting in July of this year. We both have the exact same house (townhouse) but mirror images. They are only three bedrooms and they already have a 9 yo boy and soon to be 2 yo girl. I'm guessing they will be selling the house in a year or two! As it is we were talking about cars and they've decided to go the minivan route because their son is so large and there is no way they can fit the kids in the back of the sedan. We told them we're sticking with ours if we can and they wished us much luck! lol We're going to need it.

Anyway, I ate take out for dinner tonight. I'm preparing for the fact that my doctor is going to read me the riot act tomorrow at my appointment for gaining way too too much weight. I'm admittedly very disappointment in myself but knew this would happen with me not being on lowcarb. I have severe food issues and no self control. I'm seriously going to try to move on to a nearly vegetarian diet tomorrow with only lean protein and low glycemic index carbs occasionally. Mon dieu. I'm hoping that the doctor can refer me to a dietician that would be covered by the provincial healthcare so we could work on a menu together. I am ridiculously picky with my foods so looking at a normal pregnancy diets does me no good.

Anyway enough of my babble. The chinese was good eats and I'm ready to get ripped a new one tomorrow. Hoping to be in good enough spirits after my appointment to go bra shopping afterwards. Mine are killing me, too tight on my back.

do you mean baby baby sicky barf or when they're experimenting with foods? :dohh: guess who's the newbie to baby barf here! lol dealt with plenty of nappies but no sicky incidents within the family yet to know about it!!

blood!? ooohh gross!

lol, I don't even wear white myself! I'm too afraid I will spill wine, tomato sauce, or (most likely) hot cocoa... I can't imagine putting a baby in white. Why do they even make white clothes for babies? I think I will have to finally learn how to use bleach at the ripe old age of 28...

LittleStars, we're also in a townhouse and our neighbors with the mirror townhouse had a little boy a few years ago. They moved out almost right away because they didn't want to deal with him learning to crawl near all the stairs (it's a tri-level).

My parents did the glycemic index diet and it worked wonders for them. I read a book about it a few years ago when they were doing it. I don't follow a diet but I still remember some of the things from the book and try to think about them when planning my meals. I know if I eat a plain piece of bread, or a cookie, I will feel hungry in 1 hour... bread with cheese is fine though (at least for me).

Anyway, I hope your appointment goes well! Try not to beat yourself up too much about the weight gain. Some amount of it is going to happen no matter what, just try to do your best from here on out. :)

lol, I don't even wear white myself! I'm too afraid I will spill wine, tomato sauce, or (most likely) hot cocoa... I can't imagine putting a baby in white. Why do they even make white clothes for babies? I think I will have to finally learn how to use bleach at the ripe old age of 28...

LittleStars, we're also in a townhouse and our neighbors with the mirror townhouse had a little boy a few years ago. They moved out almost right away because they didn't want to deal with him learning to crawl near all the stairs (it's a tri-level).

My parents did the glycemic index diet and it worked wonders for them. I read a book about it a few years ago when they were doing it. I don't follow a diet but I still remember some of the things from the book and try to think about them when planning my meals. I know if I eat a plain piece of bread, or a cookie, I will feel hungry in 1 hour... bread with cheese is fine though (at least for me).

Anyway, I hope your appointment goes well! Try not to beat yourself up too much about the weight gain. Some amount of it is going to happen no matter what, just try to do your best from here on out. :)

I agree with white... I LOVE LOVE wearing white but can NEVER make it home clean! So, I cannot possibly image putting a baby in it! Also, I have my next Dr appt weigh in on Thurs and haven't been on the scale or to the gym (or done any cardio) in the last month and I'm NERVOUS!!! Im pretty tall so I think I hide weight but wow the scale is revealing!

Anyways, we debated on moving before the kid or after but we currently live in a 1 bedroom, 1 bath and we have the OH's brother living with us right now and it feels tiny for us so I cannot fathom adding in a kiddo. SO, excited to be moved and settled in (and make a baby room, as this is my first time doing that!!).

Anyways, we debated on moving before the kid or after but we currently live in a 1 bedroom, 1 bath and we have the OH's brother living with us right now and it feels tiny for us so I cannot fathom adding in a kiddo. SO, excited to be moved and settled in (and make a baby room, as this is my first time doing that!!).

Wow, 1 bed 1 bath with 3 people would be tough! I don't blame you for moving! What is your new place like?

Just about to head to my appointment but couldn't resist popping on.

I meant when babies barf up milk.. something about it.. perhaps the fat content that just stains and makes this pale yellow/cream colour that never washes out no matter what you do. Lame!

Just about to head to my appointment but couldn't resist popping on.

I meant when babies barf up milk.. something about it.. perhaps the fat content that just stains and makes this pale yellow/cream colour that never washes out no matter what you do. Lame!

wow, thanks for the heads up! i just assumed it would come straight out cos it's "only" milk :dohh: right.. another reason to find out the gender and have coloured clothing!! :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->