October babies due dates and bump colours

Hey Girls sorry not been in - had a bit of a hormonal weekend, but all is good now.

Don't really feel very pregnant at the min, is this the norm for early second tri??

Also my OH is letting me go for a private scan on the 14th May - I will be 16 - 17 weeks so we should be able to see the gender then too....yipppeee! Only 18 days to go until this xxx

i don't feel pregnant either anymore but picking up baby on doppler :thumbup: tiny bit of dry heaving and hunger but no appetite but I keep forgetting i'm pregnant :shrug:

yay for gender scan 14th May! :happydance:

Wow, 1 bed 1 bath with 3 people would be tough! I don't blame you for moving! What is your new place like?

OK, since you asked!! :happydance: It is a two story home it is a 4 bedroom / 2.5 bath (one of the bedrooms we might take a wall out on and make it a 3 bedroom home) the selling point for both of us is it has a beautiful backyard that is all very private and fenced in all with beautiful grass and landscaping that was done so well!! The house needs some upgrades as some of it is a bit out of date but nothing that has to be done its just preferences. My only downfall with the place is that is about 20 miles each way to and from work vs. my normal commute of about 6 miles each way so that will take some adjusting!!

Yay for a couple of your gender scans coming up quickly!! Also, I do feel pregnant in that very soon I am going to have to go buy some pants to wear as all of mine are becoming a bit tight!! (and I popped a button on my work pants last week :dohh:)

Lys your new place sounds like a very nice change from a 1 bed 1 bath.:)

This past weekend I feel like my jelly just popped out. I am actually feeling pregnant since my belly popped out and since I really have not had any symptoms so far.

I really dont feel very pregnant either tbh apart from being a little more tired than usual.

Today was the 1st day someone asked me "Oo are you pregnant" while looking at my belly....good job i am really or it could of got embarrasing haha!! xx

Yay my appointment went well today. Doctor told me to stop the weight gain but was nice about it. I got my prescription for MS but I'm going to take it at half dose and see how I on it since I don't think I need it everyday, just sometimes. Anyway, we heard both babies heartbeats on the doppler and they sounded strong. Yay! He also checked my cervix since I didn't do an US and I still have a SCH as of last scan. It's long and closed. Yay again! So I'm booked back in 3 and a bit weeks, exactly 18 weeks and will be doing a scan then so hopefully we can get the gender figured out then. If not I'm back 2 weeks later and getting a scan then too. Fingers crossed the scan on May 19th the babies will cooperate! Sounds like from the 19th onwards I'll be going in every 2 weeks because I'm considered high-risk.

Only 23 more days til gender determination!!!

Lys - the house sounds lovely! You're not going to know what to do with yourself with all that space.

Lys - the house sounds lovely! You're not going to know what to do with yourself with all that space.

Hi Ladies!!
Thanks guys we are excited about the place... and you are SO MUCH space in comparison!! :winkwink:

I have told most of my employees and two of them today (separately) said they could see the baby bump!! :happydance: First time anyone has noticed... I know it's different when they know vs. a stranger noticing! My comment was stop staring at my belly, hehe!

Ennie: I loved that you called it your jelly and I completely agree with you!! :hugs:

Ooh Lys, that is going to be a wonderful change for you in the bigger house! DH and I lived in a 1 bed 1 bath for a year and it was okay but we definitely got in each others way. And we could NOT have houseguests! Then we moved into a 2 bedroom and have been much happier here. We're hoping to get a 3 bedroom soon.

As you ladies have said, I spent a few weeks feeling very un-pregnant. But now my belly is getting bigger and I'm feeling some flutters/thumps and it's starting to feel more real again. :happydance:

Awww zb5 i can't wait to start feeling baby move!! Deffo make it more real!!
I thought i had felt a slight flutter the night but nothing since so guess not x

With Tyler i didn't feel the movements till 19weeks!!

How exciting zb5 to feel flutters, I have been feeling them, but its just trapped wind at the min :blush:

So glad to see I am not the only girlie not feeling very preggers lol. I am eagerly awaiting the baby movements too, you girls who are a few weeks ahead are reaching the exciting times of pregnancy again. Will you all be posting some nice 16 - 18 wk bump pics???? :happydance:

My bump seems to have flattened a bit, but I think its because the bloat is going and it will all be baby soon....yay.

Everyone's new homes sound lush, me and OH have a very modest 3 bedroomed terraced - and although we could afford a bigger UK mortgage we are staying put and just aiming to be mortgage free within the next few years, our ultimate dream is to buy a house in spain. Which we will do, may just have to wait a few more years - we shall see though.

Hope you all have a fab day xxx

zb5 that's fantastic about feeling flutters. I can't wait for that stage! I've been feeling some vibration feelings and "popcorn" type feelings, but not very often, and only when I'm trying to fall asleep. Still don't know if it's just normal tummy movements or baby, but I'd rather think it's baby lol.

Lys - that sounds great! Hope the house closing goes super smooth :) Also, love the lil bump!

I'm still feeling very pregnant. I blame the heartburn and MS though. Eh. I have my 16 week appt next Wednesday. What should I expect? Will I need more blood tests, or is it just questions?

It's 5am here...still haven't gone to bed. Seems like I've been hit with insomnia. Good thing I switched shifts so I work at night rather than morning! Anyone else having sleeping issues?

Ooh katerdid I've just noticed ur due date is same as mine oct 19th x
I also have 16week app next week, when i was pregnant last time they just talked about anything u were wanting to ask etc, did usual checks etc & listened to baby's heartbeat xx

Mental note: no eating food late at night.

I watched a movie last night and around midnight I had some hickory sticks (potato crisps, hickory bacon flavour). Went to bed an hour later feeling fine. Woke to feeling DISGUSTING and ended in the loo throwing up in the dark. Yuckie! So I am making a pact with myself to not eat anything after 8pm. I'm tired of this!

I still have a lot of Easter chocolate leftover. Hoping I can be brave and put some of it in the deep freeze in the basement and get a little closer to eating properly in the next day or two. I'm kinda stuck waiting for next payday so I can do a proper grocery shop. My goal is to go to my next doctor's appointment having not gained anything. I'd be thrilled if I'd lost a few pounds.

katerdid - not sure that a 16 week appointment would be much more than a general check up, listen to the heartbeat, check BP and answer any of your concerns. Maybe a pee/dipstick test onsite for protein in urine etc. If your medical history is slight cause for concern then perhaps there would be bloodwork or something further to ensure that nothing is complicating things but if you're not having any problems and have no medical history I would guess not.

ZB5! So, exciting that you are feeling thumps... I have not felt anything!! I'm 17 weeks and a lil so hopefully in the next couple weeks because I cannot wait to feel him moving!

KatBabe, My dream has always been to own a home in Spain. It's feeling a bit more unrealistic these days but maybe I should start with vacationing there (since I have never been!!) You, UK ladies are so lucky!!

Katerdid, I have been having a terrible time sleeping!! I have been taking Tylenol PM but still wake up around 3 - 4 am (to pee) and have not been going back to sleep!! And at night I feel sleepy but when I get into bed I just lay there, UGH its awful.

Mummy2Tyler - Well cool! Happy 15 week day then! :dance:

Littlestars - Oh that sucks. I've done that before - no fun. Hope you're able to meet your goal! Easter holiday doesn't exactly help with eating right, but I'm sure with some determination and some yummy healthy food you'll get there :thumbup:

Lys- I hope you don't have opening shifts! I dread the days when I don't close. Think I might change my availability for a while to no shifts before 11am. Too bad you're a manager and can't really do that.

Thanks girls. I never know what to expect at my doctor's appt lol. All I know is I'll pee in a cup and get weighed :haha: Sounds like it'll be pretty boring, but that'll be fantastic if I can hear the heartbeat again!!

Mummy2Tyler - Well cool! Happy 15 week day then! :dance:

Littlestars - Oh that sucks. I've done that before - no fun. Hope you're able to meet your goal! Easter holiday doesn't exactly help with eating right, but I'm sure with some determination and some yummy healthy food you'll get there :thumbup:

Lys- I hope you don't have opening shifts! I dread the days when I don't close. Think I might change my availability for a while to no shifts before 11am. Too bad you're a manager and can't really do that.

Thanks girls. I never know what to expect at my doctor's appt lol. All I know is I'll pee in a cup and get weighed :haha: Sounds like it'll be pretty boring, but that'll be fantastic if I can hear the heartbeat again!!

Congrats on being an orange!!!
I'm an oragne toorrow and I can't wait!!! :dance:

Hi everyone! Sounds like your all doing well. All the talks of housing, baby kicks and such.

Not much going on here right now. Still having issues with sleep but I'm starting to get a bit more when not interupted by the need to pee every hour. I have another scan on Friday which will put me at 16wks 5dys and I'm REALLY praying that being almost 17 wks we'll be able to tell the gender. I want a private scan but would like to do it at 28 wks when the baby has filled out some for keepsakes as well as to closely monitor how many vessels there are from the umbilical cord as my last pregnancy our little guy had only one which didn't really seem to matter that much, but I'd still like to monitor closely just in case. May not even be an issue this pregnancy either. :winkwink:

As for housing, we were going to buy last year when our landlord foreclosed on all his properties and everyone of us lost our sizeable downpayments. The bank demanded we move so we had to use our savings for movers as well as first/last months rent with a pet deposit. Wasn't happy but at least the place we're in right now was literally built from the studs up and we picked out what we wanted. We have hardwood floors, all stainless appliances, an island, etc. They're putting a new roof on and building a deck for us to. This landlord is AWESOME thus far.

We've decided to wait a couple years and save our money before we buy. The winters here are long, hard and dreary in central NY. While our family lives here, there are issues with high taxes, like everyone else probably the housing market stinks because the owners want what they paid for their homes, however their homes aren't worth what they paid. Don't even get me into the local medical care here. Maybe in New York City (5 hours away) they have great healthcare practitioners, but here they stink!!! The only thing keeping us here is our family, our church family and Doug actually loves his job and the people he works with. It's a stable job too in an economy that's not so stable.

Our dream home is a small homestead out in the country. We love to garden with veggies, fruits, and flowers. We've also wanted chickens for farm fresh eggs as well as some goats and sheep. Our friends have a small homestead and while we get to experience it first-hand, we'd honestly love that peace and quiet to bring our children up in.

I also have a dream of building on some land in the back for a housing unit for young girls who are pregnant. We were fosterparents for so long that my heart goes out to the kids and mothers. I'd like to see the mothers continue their education while their babies are safe at home with care. Teaching the girls basic skills so they can move forward with their lives and break those generational bonds they've had from their own families. It's a dream, one never knows if it will happen or not but it's still good to dream. :thumbup:

At any rate, my attitude is getting better. The past couple of days I've been feeling much more happy. I too don't feel like I'm as pregnant and though because of my last pregnancy I panic, I try not to worry and just cough it up to a beautiful second trimester. :happydance:

Glad your all doing well. Love to you all!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->