October babies due dates and bump colours

Morning Girls, I have gained 5.5lb so far - just seems to be on my belly though, but I am eating junk more than normal. Need to up the fruit and veg as had a bad week last week lol.

I love seeing all the forthcoming gender results xx

Thanks for all your kind words, girls.

I'm on day 3 of laying in bed (I stayed in bed Sunday before the bleeding cause I felt ill) and I'm loosing my freaking mind!! lol. Thank God for laptops or I'd be in the crazy bin by now.

Good news, the bleeding went to brown yesterday and now that's nearly stopped. I'm so glad I got a doppler again this pregnancy, that took a lot of worry out of this crappy time for me.

Chaos - I hated bedrest when I had to do it earlier in this pregnancy.. it ended up being couch rest so I could at least feel a little included to the rest of the world. Take care, bedrest can almost be as stressful and not being on bedrest. I fear getting put on bedrest near the end of my pregnancy.

Feel good this morning but a little tired since I stayed up late last night. Federal elections are done and over with and I *think* we did a good job voting in our government.. guess we'll see.

I've got a good routine going with the Dilectin MS drug. I only take two pills at night and none during the day and it's working well and I don't seem to be any more tired than I was before. So if anyone is still suffering from MS definitely consider trying it out. A normal dose is 4 pills/day and I'm getting decent results with 2/day.

uh oh.. i told work today.. they did NOT take it well.. :nope: still, i got a congratulations! nice to feel wanted i suppose :shrug:

uh oh.. i told work today.. they did NOT take it well.. :nope: still, i got a congratulations! nice to feel wanted i suppose :shrug:

Oh well!:shrug: This is EXCELLENT news for you. They'll deal with it, it's a "natural" process.:winkwink::hugs::kiss::flower: Meanwhile, ENJOY your pregnancy and don't let ANYONE bring you down!

AFM, I've been on light bedrest for a couple of weeks now. I have this feeling it will be full bedrest pretty soon for the remainder of my pregnancy. We brought the tv upstairs and put our HIGH bed off the rails so the thick mattresses are on the floor. It's still at a normal bed level...we just had a HIGH bed with the thick mattresses on the bed frame. So now I'm all on the second level. We also purchased a NICE moveable air conditioning system. It will be EXCELLENT during the summertime:happydance: I too have my laptop, books, magazings, tv, etc. up here. I'm finding that I'm taking more naps than anything because I can't seem to sleep through the night with all this waking to pee every hour.:wacko: Last night was horrific and I woke up feeling tired not to mention the dreary weather so I suppose I'll have another late afternoon nap. Bedrest hasn't bothered me yet. It's when I'm on total bedrest unable to go ANYWHERE that I will be pulling my hair. If it keeps baby in without preterm labor, I'm willing to go through all the 17P injections, rest, and aches and pains in order to hold our little one in "October".:thumbup:

Have a good day ladies!

Hey Ladies, would love to join you all. Baby is due 14th October. I go for 20 week scan on 27th May and we'll be finding out the sex due to medical reasons. I'm super excited but slightly nervous too as I told my family that I'd quite like a girl and they have made a big deal out of it and now I'm worried that they will think I'm disappointed if I find out I'm having a boy. I won't be. I just thought it was ok to have a slight preference. Anyone else have a preference?

Welcome new ladies!!!!

Chaos, hope you feel better soon, that sounds super scary and worrying. sounds like your baby girl is blissfully oblivious and growing well!

MA, bedrest sounds a bit of a chore. But as you say, we'd all do anything if it meant bubs was ok! Hopefully bubs will hang on into October for you!

Littlestars, sounds like you are getting to grips with the MS, hope it goes away completely soon!

As for weightgain...oooops. 6lbs so far. I was doing a low carb thing and had lost 7lbs in the month before getting preggo. So i guess am almost back to square one. Reality is, on top of the very good quality diet we have at mealtimes, i foudn the stress of first tri and the fear of another m/c made me kind of indulge in treats between meals a bit whenever i felt i needed it. But still, 6lbs is only a little above the recommended upper limit of 5lbs in first tri!

Just itching to feel bubs move now!!!!

Fairy x

Hey Ladies, would love to join you all. Baby is due 14th October. I go for 20 week scan on 27th May and we'll be finding out the sex due to medical reasons. I'm super excited but slightly nervous too as I told my family that I'd quite like a girl and they have made a big deal out of it and now I'm worried that they will think I'm disappointed if I find out I'm having a boy. I won't be. I just thought it was ok to have a slight preference. Anyone else have a preference?

Welcome :wave: yeah i've told ppl that i would quite like a girl find out on 18th May. I felt bad tho cos my boyf asked me if i would be disappointed if a boy. I wouldnt be disappointed cos want a healthy baby but agree i do have a slight preference.

Ugh, bedrest! Poor ladies. Don't know how people can do it without laptops and tv's lol. Can't imagine bedrest before the invention of those things. Stay strong - it's worth it :D

Littlestars - oh that's good news! I've got my Dr's appt in 4 hours and I'm hoping that I'll get some good MS meds too. I'm so tired of throwing up. I just want to be healthy for my lil bunny.

Ugh, I had the worst sleep last night, tossed and turned the whole time. A little bit the babies fault but mostly my fault for watching a zombie movie right before bed. It wasn't my usual dreams after watching zombies though, you know the kind where they are chasing you. No, instead, perhaps influenced with nesting tendancies of pregnant ladies, I spent my whole night trying to acquire a safe location, reliable mode of transport and plenty of supplies to survive the zombie apocolypse! lol Needless to say I'll definitely be enjoying my afternoon nap. Does this mean I'm equating the twins to a zombie invasion? lol

I understand what people mean about having a gender preference. While I was thrilled to be having twins I definitely was happy to hear they were fraternal, I didn't want identical twins. And as for the gender, I'm hoping for one of each and will be a little sad for my husband (wants at least one boy) if it's two more girls and equally sad if it's two boys since my DD really wants a sister. But I doubt that a single parent at the end of the day even if they don't get the gender they preferred, actually cares as long as the baby is healthy.

woohoo Chaos that's fab news :wohoo:

Which zombie movie did you watch? I have zombie dreams quite often but i dont learn and still watch them ha. You sounded like a proper heroine hehe.

yeah i understand bout the sex of your twins.

Yay chaos thats such great news!!

Not much new here. Movements get more and more every day. still not much or overly noticable but still there and my belly has now popped!!! So happy!! The pic is my avatar

Glad some of you ladies know what I mean about having a wee bit of a gender preference.

Had my 16 week midwife appt today, it was just me as hubby couldn't get time off work. At first they (there were two midwives) told me that they didn't listen for the babies heartbeat at 16 week appt because often they can't find it and they dont like to worry people. However one of them eventually asked if I wanted her to have a listen but only if I promised her not to panic if she couldn't find it. So anyways I heard LO's heartbeat, it was so lovely, only downside is hubby didn't hear it. Not to worry its only 3 weeks on Friday till our next scan. I asked about pains I've been having in my buttock, apparently they think its sciatic pain. Now that I've looked it up I think it is that too. Fingers crossed it goes away soon.

I had a gender preference too, but went back and forth. Found out its not my preference! Good thing i was going back and forth so much between what i really wanted.

Wow on the bump yourstruly!

Lisa thats great you heard hb. I'm amazed they think 16 weeks is too early though. we did it before 10 weeks. I would have not survived that wait!

That is surprising they thought that early. They did it for me at 12 weeks and again today at 16 weeks. Didn't seem like a big deal to my midwife. It's such a great sound isn't it? :cloud9:

Good news about the end of bedrest Chaos!!

I'm back from my 16 week appt too. Some bad news though... I might have Hyperthyroidism!!! I'm such a nervous wreck now - I can't wait for my DH to come home so I can get a proper hug. They don't know for certain, but I did blood work today, so hopefully it'll come back quickly. I can't stand the waiting. My midwife thinks it's why my MS refuses to get better and why I'm losing weight. It would also explain a lot of non-pregnancy symptoms I've had since I was a teenager....god, it's so scary google'ing it - reading all the stuff makes so much sense and I don't want it to. A lot of these drugs they use to control it is harmful to baby, but it greatly increases miscarriage if not under control.
On the bright side, I did hear the heartbeat and it was a strong 150bpm and it was wiggling away from the probe so she had to chase it around. So seems like baby is still doing fine!

:( sorry for the scare Kater. What made them test for that now? The weight loss?

Yep, Nypage - that and my continual morning sickness. Plus seems like my random dizzy spells (pre-pregnancy), moodiness, and my hyperhidrosis are all symptoms. Never really thought they were related or even medically important, but she thought a test was in order.

Hey Katerdid, I have hyperthyroidism, and am currently taking medication for it (so it's under control now). I know the drugs sound scary but actually it hasn't been a big deal with the pregnancy and everything seems to be going fine. It's definitely something to take seriously and absolutely make sure you have a good doctor, but if you do I think things should go smoothly. If you have any questions feel free to pm me!

I was diagnosed in August, 2 months into TTC. We had to stop TTC while I got it under control and then were able to start TTC again in January, then I got my BFP!

Oh zb5 - you have no idea how reassuring that is!! I'm pm'ing you as we speak :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->