October babies due dates and bump colours

Hi ladies. Still light bedrest here. :wacko: :lol:

Speaking of dreams I had an ODD one, not really scarey, just WEIRD. :rofl:

Gender preference, I do want another little boy here on earth. I don't mind a little girl either, but for some reason I'm more nervous with a little girl than rough-housing with a little boy. We had a son we lost in 09' but now I seem to think since this pregnancy was SO different that it's a girl. It'll be fun to dress her up but "oh, the drama". :lol:

I'm having muscle pain in my butt.:haha: It's from the injection as is the little round puffy skin around the injection site that didn't hurt going IN but hurts like a son of a gun days later. I guess the thickness of the drug itself that has to go into the muscle area is what's causing all the pain. Thing is, it's hard to sit on my right side butt cheek. :haha: I have the next injection on the left side on Friday. The question remains, will I be able to sit at all?! :rofl: 19 more injections to go after Fridays.:winkwink::thumbup: I also have the nausea still from the progesterone injection. It comes and goes. Today doug made a beautiful steak and I asked he take it off my plate because I couldn't bare the smell. I ate the mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. He's such a good man for dealing with me!

As for the thyroid, I'm actually HyPOthyroid. I take the drugs for life as well. It's not an issue once you get it under control.:thumbup: Stay AWAY from the googling! It will drive you crazy with all the scarey stuff you hear. You'll be fine:hugs:

Have a lovely day ladies. :hug: :flower:

Had my private gender scan this eve and I'm having a ..........
:boy: !!!!

BabyDeacon - congratulations on a boy!!!

Chaos - yay for being upright again!!

Katerdid - I guess it's good that they believe they know what's going on for you. Better than not having answers at all. Now you can work with the doctor towards a healthy pregnancy and a healthy body afterwards.

Can't remember who asked but the movie I saw was 'The Hoard' a french subtitled zombie movie. I used to watch all horror movies and then I lost my appetite for zombies. Now I even shying away from any that will cause me too much anxiety over the anticipation of what will happen. But I missed zombies and hated that it scared me so much so I started to read zombie books (starting with World War Z) and even ventured into graphic novels! So I'm a little better now, I can watch them but I get nightmares usually the same night. Worst part: I have a degree in film and I know it's all fake!!!

congrats on team blue baby deacon!! :happydance:

I dreamed last night we were at the gender scan and it was a girl... that's EVERY dream i've had now is girl - but isn't it supposed to be the opposite of what you dream!? lol so bet we're team blue too!!

can't remember who said about having sciatic pain - i've got it too, pilates and yoga help a bit but it's just one of those frustrating annoying things :dohh: hope it doesn't bother you too much xx

Congrats on team blue :blue: ... Little boys are brilliant, sooo cute & cheeky :)
Awww i can't wait till i find out the sex... Roll on the 31st!!!

Yay for team blue babydeacon!!

Before I got preggo 1st time I really wanted a girl first. As soon as I was preg I just knew it was a boy. When we lost that one and got preg 2nd time, I had no sense at all what it was, which makes sense, cos I think it was more of a chemical preg. Now, with this bubs, I've felt girl from the start, but couple of weeks ago started thinking boy. Am happy with either, but would def like a boy at some point!

Fairy x

With our first baby, who we lost, I had a strong feeling he was a boy.
And with this one, I have a strong feeling she's a girl.
We will have to wait 6 weeks to find out though!

Hope you are all well today ladies xx

A lass at work confided in me she's preg i told her i couldnt look at her cos i was emotional (with joy) and would cry and draw attention to it hehe eeee i remember when i was keeping my little secret and now were having our gender scans sooo exciting

Congrats on team blue babydeacon!

Started my gender poll today even though we are still 11 days away. Posted the link here. Could you lovely ladies please vote on it. So far 50 views 3 votes :(

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...er-ultrasound-11-days-let-guessing-begin.html

Hi Guys!
I have only missed two days on here and wow there is SO much news to catch up on!

Congrats Deacon on the team blue!! :blue:

Mommy's Angel, I am thinking about you often and hope your bed rest is going well!!

I was talking to my boss trying to figure out about when my last day would be... Since I work retail I am going to be missing our busiest season and my (Starbucks) is one of the busiest locally. So, EDD is 10/2 but that is 40 weeks, does anybody know the avg. week most women give birth and does it make a difference for first time Mom's? I was planning on working the first two weeks in Sept and taking off the last two weeks but that still puts me working at 38 weeks and that makes me a little nervous! I know its still early but I am wondering what your guy's plan is around working and when your taking maternity leave?!

Back to the weight gain section I actually gained just over 5 lbs in the first tri... the only thing that calmed the nauseousness was carbs (warmed butter croissant was the cure all for my MS)!! I eat very few carbs because I have a gluten intolerance but they were all I wanted and since I never eat them I binged a lil. I have gained a little over 5 lbs so far in the 2nd tri and as of today I am 18 + 4 weeks along.
I have a Dr appt next week... I am a bit nervous to get on the scale but am trying to not stress over it. I know I can eat a bit healthier because I don't think I am eating too much but could definitely eat more fruit and veggies (all I seam to want is ICE CREAM!!!) :cry:

Oh and we got keys to our new home yesterday so we are now officially home owners! :happydance:

Hi Guys!
I have only missed two days on here and wow there is SO much news to catch up on!

Congrats Deacon on the team blue!! :blue:

Mommy's Angel, I am thinking about you often and hope your bed rest is going well!!

I was talking to my boss trying to figure out about when my last day would be... Since I work retail I am going to be missing our busiest season and my (Starbucks) is one of the busiest locally. So, EDD is 10/2 but that is 40 weeks, does anybody know the avg. week most women give birth and does it make a difference for first time Mom's? I was planning on working the first two weeks in Sept and taking off the last two weeks but that still puts me working at 38 weeks and that makes me a little nervous! I know its still early but I am wondering what your guy's plan is around working and when your taking maternity leave?!

Back to the weight gain section I actually gained just over 5 lbs in the first tri... the only thing that calmed the nauseousness was carbs (warmed butter croissant was the cure all for my MS)!! I eat very few carbs because I have a gluten intolerance but they were all I wanted and since I never eat them I binged a lil. I have gained a little over 5 lbs so far in the 2nd tri and as of today I am 18 + 4 weeks along.
I have a Dr appt next week... I am a bit nervous to get on the scale but am trying to not stress over it. I know I can eat a bit healthier because I don't think I am eating too much but could definitely eat more fruit and veggies (all I seam to want is ICE CREAM!!!) :cry:

Oh and we got keys to our new home yesterday so we are now officially home owners! :happydance:

I'm not working so I don't have this issue, but I'm freaking out because I wanted October as the birth and that puts me at 29 wks. I've heard almost Nobody gets to 40wks. Honestly, how long you go depends on your body as well. I've heard 37wks is a good week but some women really do get to 38 and 39wks.

A lot of my friends recently have gone to 40 weeks and then had to be induced because they were late. Doctors don't seem to like to let you go too far past 40 or 41 weeks...

I'm more worried about how I will feel when I'm that far along. So I want to stop by 38 weeks at the latest. And if you are working on your feet a lot you might want to stop earlier. :shrug:

Also, it looks like we will be moving either shortly before or after the baby comes. The timing is still up in the air. But if we move before the baby comes, obviously I will have to stop my job when we move. In a way it would be nice to have extra time off, but we could probably use the money...

P.S. Congrats on the house!!

Congrats on getting the keys to your house Lys! That must be so exciting!!

I had my DS at 37 weeks via C-Section due to complications. But I worked up to 2 days before my C-Section. Now at the time I worked in a supermarket deli so I was on my feet 24/7 and would have probably worked until 38 weeks had I not had him at 37 weeks.

Today I am having one of those day where I do not feel pregnant. I hate these days!! I wish I was able to hear the baby's HB!

You should get a doppler! I feel not pregnant lately too, just fat. But each night I hear the baby music in my tummy and know that its still there! :)

Deacon ~ Congrats!

Lys ~ As someone who worked full time with my DD, I left at 36 weeks .. trust me you'll need to .. more so being on your feet all day... you're gonna be absolutely knackered by then. Taking that month off was also good for getting stuff ready around the house. Re when she was born .. 39+6!

My doctor has decided to put me out this week at 18 weeks! I was getting severe pain in my back and stomach when I stand for more than 2 hours. And though it will be nice to have the summer off I dont know what I'm going to do with all my time...lol You can only clean so much!

Lys - congratulations on homeownership!! I envy the fact that your baby room is empty and ready to be docorated. Mine is so full of everything. bah! I delivered my first at 39.5 weeks with an induction. A friend of mine went to 41.5 weeks. I don't know anyone who's gone early personally. I think you'll kinda know how things are going closer to the time since you'll be seeing the doctor/MW weekly, even biweekly the closer you get. As for working though, depends on how you want to play it. I know some people like to work literally until they are due so they can have more time on mat. leave WITH the baby. Perhaps you could talk to you employer on how your job responsibilities could slightly change as you become a little less mobile?

I had a horrible sleep last night but a wicked nap right after dropping DD at school. It was necessary since I'm stuck going to see MIL this afternoon and won't get my usual sleeptime. So not looking forward to visiting MIL today.

I'm with the rest of you, I've had a rough start to the day as well. I was up every hour pee'ing (is everyone else still getting up to pee?), my husband was snoring BAD for some reason last night, and I couldn't stop thinking of something I needed to do that was bothering me. Add to that, I'm now exhausted from not sleeping and the fact I had my second 17P injection and am waiting the next 24 hours when I'll feel the pain, I'm just in an emotional state.

Lys, I too say congrats on the home ownership! :hugs:

Kristen, I think that's a good idea to get some relaxation before the babies come. You'll have TWO instead of one. I'd imagine you'll be twice as tired when they're here. So take that needed rest and enjoy that bordem!! :happydance:

Enniejennie, I totally understand where your coming from. While I'd love to get a doppler myself, I just think it would freak me out all the more. I already get cervical length scans every two weeks because of my preterm loss, so I figure that's enough for now. Keep your chin up dear. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->