October babies due dates and bump colours

:hi: ladies don't know if anyone can help? i posted on the main forum but no replies :nope: woke up with two burst blood vessel patches - one on my left breast (on the top half - about 2 inches long) and one on my upper left thigh - about 1 inch long :shrug: looks like the very first mark you'd get if you had a love bite (hicky) thing on your neck if that makes sense.. really deep red, very small pin prick size spots in a patch

has anyone had this? know what this could be? i read that it could be because of more blood going through the body but i've got low bp so i don't know, i just didn't think that would make my vessels go? :shrug: i am anaemic (iron and pernicious) and was due my injection for the pernicious anaemia last week but they can't fit me in until 14th - maybe it's to do with that..

I'm not that worried, it's not painful and i haven't had any other problems today i just wondered if anyone had any idea of why it could have appeared?

thanks ladies :flower:

Beautiful ring yourstruly! Happy mother's day to all the moms on this thread!

Nai, I'm sorry I have no idea about the blood vessels!

Yours - nice ring!!!

Nai - where you perhaps scratching yourself in your sleep? By how I'm understanding your description it kinda sounds like something I get sometimes when I scratch a deep itch. I dunno.. I guess look to see if you get more and mention it to your OB next time.

AFM - waiting on my pizza dinner right now. I went out for Chinese last night and it was devine! My daughter woke up late and and then let me sleep while she cleaned up her room and the living room (she's 4!) I loved it!!! I've done nothing all day except watching some show about twins in utero.. it was so funny watching them kick and punch each other. I hope mine are behaving!

Well better stop typing, I think my pizza has arrived!

Nai, could it be vericose veins? Different types of issues with veins happen during pregnancy. I don't know exactly why or what type they all are but it may be something to call you OB about and just ask their thoughts on it.

Nai this exact thing I woke up with the other day too. It is sfill there. just one on my thigh. Very strange. i have no clue what it is!

Sounds like Nevi or Spider Veins...

Spider veins. Those much-discussed pregnancy hormones, along with increased blood volume, cause those tiny, squiggly red or purple capillaries just below the surface of the skin to branch out and become more visible during pregnancy. It's also common for spider veins (they resemble a small spider web), to pop out on the face or on the sclera (white part) of the eyeballs during delivery; intense, red-in-the-face pushing can break tiny blood vessels. Known as nevi, these burst vessels can be camouflaged by the appropriate use of make- up. Nevi take longer to disappear than many of the other skin problems of pregnancy, some spider veins on the legs or torso may not go away on their own. A dermatologist can remove them using injections if you feel that's necessary.
ask Dr. Sears

It doesn't really look like veins, its best described as Nai did, hickey like. So weird!

it's definitely not spider veins or varicose veins - it literally looks like a hiccy before it goes purple :shrug:

ny - glad i'm not the only one.. lol let me know if you find out what it was from your dr - i'll do the same :thumbup: x

Morning Girls,

Hope you are all good - 5 days for my private scan. How is everyone feeling? x

Hi ladies :)

Nai- strange about the blood vessels....let us know what they are when u find out.

KittyKat- woo only 5days ..... bet you cant wait

ps: Late happy mothers day to all

I felt baby move for the 1st time today.... been feelin some strange flutteryness for a few days but they so fast & light i wasnt sure if they were baby or not....but this afternoon i got 3 definate little "pops" that were unmistakable :)

also.....i think SPD is making an early appearance :( ....been achey after my trip shopping and after a walk today .... :cry:

Mummy2Tyler - yay no more vacuuming! just kidding.. that totally sucks, did you have SPD with your last pregnancy?

10 more days until next scan for me! About time too, haven't had one since 11w5d and I need my fix!

I was wandering about the store on the weekend while DD picked out soem chocolates for me and I found a trial pack of reusable diapers - you get the whole system with two diapers and enough stuff to use them twice a day for 5 days to see if you like them.. I'm scared to say it but I think I might actually attempt to do reusable diapers on the twins! I'm also considering trying to go without a stroller for the first 6 months, using a combo of strapping them and using the infant seat in a cart at a store. Seems most stores I actually go to are all cart based and can only hold one child at a time (with the exception of ONE grocery store and Costco which will now be my new favotite stores). If I can make it to 6 months then I can justify buying an expensive jogging stroller in order to get a narrow one that would fit through doorways but can hold twins. I dunno.. just thinking about it.. maybe I'm crazy.. lol I did find a baby wrap/sling that I can hold twins in with easily so it just got me to thinking...

i did have SPD with my last pregnancy :( was horrible..... midwife said shes almost certain it would come back again this time and probably worse :cry:

Mummy2Tyler, sorry about the SPD :( It sounds terrible!

LittleStars, I was also contemplating going without a stroller in the beginning so I could avoid buying an infant-type and just go straight to a jogging-type. Now though I think we will try to get a lightweight type that converts so you can use it with infants or bigger babies. Not sure. I can imagine it would be even more of a pain shopping for twin strollers.

My mom said she had us in upright umbrella strollers from 5 days old, and we looked squashed but didn't seem to mind... :haha: Not to mention the baby pictures of me in a rusty metal stroller held together by duct tape! I don't think moms can get away with that stuff anymore!

Nai I never found out what it was! You?

mommy - too bad you didn't feel your first kicks on mothers day! I was poking and prodding alllll day because I wanted my first kick on mothers day. no luck:( what is spd?

nypage - google it! I did.. sounds terrible. I'd try to explain but I won't do it justice. But no googling anything else bad pregnancy related!!! Bad idea.

zb5 - I just hate all the options for twin strollers really. They are cheaply made and clunky. My last one which I have to sadly give away to my sister was so awesome and nothing that I can actually get compares. I was going to get a frame stroller to take the infant car seat only for the first few months but I can only get it if I go to or order from the USA and I just cannot be bothered. I don't really go to the mall very often and after a c-section and the middle of winter I'm not going to be walking anywhere really. Just not 100% sure how I'm going to manage getting DD to and from school other than driving everyday which is technically doable.. I am hoping to write a letter to school principle and get special permission to get DD onto the bus since the pick up is close to my house and I could just leave sleeping babies in their crib and take the baby monitor with me. Fingers crossed!

Mummy2Tyler, I have never heard of SPD either. I just googled it.... it sounds very painful, I'm sorry!!! :hugs:

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow... Gash I think you do too right?!? (I will be 19 + 2 as of tomorrow) I am excited and nervous... excited for obvious reasons and nervous of the potential of them finding something wrong or abnormal. The OH couldn't make the appt because the only time that was available was 10am so my Mom will be going with me!! :happydance:

Good luck tomorrow lys!!!

Sorry to hear about the SPD mommy2tyler sounds horrible.

Well my scan is in 6 days and we have names!!

Boy- Logan Bryan(after DH's dad who passed a few years back) Eric(after my dad) Mantta.

And

Girl-Allison Marie Mantta

Little Stars, I'm doing cloth diapering!!

I'm doing the Cloth-Eez workhorse diapers. They are a prefold with snaps. Pretty easy and they've had AWESOME ratings and are an economical price.

I'm also using Bummis Super Brite Diaper Covers to keep poopy from exploading through. They too have a great rating from other cloth diapering mommies!

I also have the Ergo baby carrier and will wear the baby for awhile. :thumbup: I have the infant insert to keep the baby's head up in the carrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->