October babies due dates and bump colours

Rebekah- the reusable diapers have peaked my interest too, but how do you wash them? Ok, so say its a poop blow out...do you have to put poop into your washing machine or is there a better way at doing it? It is probably obvious, but I am just wondering if I am not thinking of something......

What else have people bought? I would love to see pictures to get ideas for what I need! I have only bought a boppy and some boy clothes so not much!~

We have bought 4 pairs of baby socks... that's it! There is a lot of shopping/borrowing from friends in our future... :haha:

so far weve got

Pram & Carseat
Steriliser/bottles (came as a set)
4x Bibs
Box Of Johnsons Bath Skin Care Essentials ( Was on offer in the asda baby event haha)

thats all xx

jealous. We haven't bought anything yet. I wanted to when we find out the gender on monday next week but we are moving in july and the less we have to move the better i suppose.

jealous. We haven't bought anything yet. I wanted to when we find out the gender on monday next week but we are moving in july and the less we have to move the better i suppose.

Im waiting till we find out the gender before buying anything else, My pram is the black icandy apple & the carseat is black also so theyre unisex but when it comes to my moses basket, blankets , clothes etc i like to know the sex am buying for lol xx......im also gettin very impatient!!!

nypage - you put an insert on the top layer inside the reusable diaper, it's kinda like a special, flushable gauze that the poop would lay on. When you change the diaper, assuming it's not explosive, you would pull up the gauze and toss it in the toilet and then pop out the insert absorbant liner that collects the pee and toss that and the diaper and the cover if used all into a bucket (with lid) that would contain a special solution of water. Then once or every other day you'd grab it and toss in it the laundry on it's own.

I'm thinking of trying out the Kushies system myself, they have a new ultra-lite system that I can easily get parts for from Walmart or Babies R Us, and as a bonus there is a warehouse store near Toronto that I can get overstock from when I go visit my sister! Apparently there is also a FisherPrice one too and the prices are reportedly great. So excited!!! Hoping I can afford to get two swings from there.

As for what I've bought: Nothing. At least this time around. I'm waiting on gender so I can fill in the gaps from what I still have from before. I'll be able to stagger some of my purchases because the twins can share things like a crib for a while and we're going to do without a stroller until springtime.

Mommy'sAngel - That is a nice looking sling! I have a BabyBjorn from last time and it'll work when I only want to carry one baby but I plan on getting a Moby wrap https://www.bynature.ca/moby-wrap-baby-wraps.html since I saw a video on YouTube showing how to wrap twins infants.

Thank you littlestars for all yhat information! I was a bit off in the way I visualized it going!

Ladies I had my ultrasound today and the un-official guess from the U/S tech is a girl. The reason it is not official was because she could only make out one line for the labia not all 3. There was absolutely nothing there if it is boy (poor little guy if it is) LOL But I am pretty sure from seeing it today it is going to be a girl. I am going to set up another ultrasound for between 18 weeks and 22 weeks because the U/S tech said that is the best time to see the sex of the baby. I do not have any leg photos because she did not want to give me one since it was not official. But I do have other great shots, one looks like the baby is waving it is awesome.

The baby was measuring right on track at 15 weeks and 4 days so I am right on with the due date of October 28th!

Gender/anomalies scan today at 4pm! So excited-- we'll finally know in just over 4 hours if baby cooperates :-D

I'm soo jealous of the ladies who know or are finding out the genders, i still gotta wait 10days & it seems like 10 years!!

Congrats on the awesome scan ennie! Love when they measure right on track!

Mrs- good luck at your scan too!

So exciting! I have mine beginning of june...ugh! So far away!
Thank god for cheating at work and finding out already!

Ennie- how come they did one so early? My doctor doesnt do them til 20 weeks:(

13 days for us... not that I'm counting or anything!! :)

Liar! I see your ticker zb5:) Thats a good idea to have a count down!

Congrats on the awesome scan ennie! Love when they measure right on track!

Mrs- good luck at your scan too!

So exciting! I have mine beginning of june...ugh! So far away!
Thank god for cheating at work and finding out already!

Ennie- how come they did one so early? My doctor doesnt do them til 20 weeks:(

Yeah the scan was amazing, so reassuring to see the HB which was 156. Does anyone know if that sounds like a good HB for a girl? Also reassuring to see the baby growing right on target!!

My doctor did not do one at 12 weeks so I asked if I could have one and he said at 16 weeks and then again around 20 weeks I will have another one. I made him feel bad for not giving me one at 12 weeks. LOL

That is awesome that you got to find out at work though!!:thumbup:

Oh that makes sense! I would say 150's is kind of mid range so hard to tell. Although they do say above 150 is girl. Mine is usually down around 135-140 and is a boy so the theory would be correct in both our situations!

ny - didn't find out no hun, they've started to fade :shrug: got bloods on monday & tues so will chat to nurse on monday and mw on tues, see what they think :thumbup:

8 sleeps til my gender scan! :happydance:

Nai- i totally forgot to ask the doc that today....i feel like i always forget to ask something.

Rebekah- the reusable diapers have peaked my interest too, but how do you wash them? Ok, so say its a poop blow out...do you have to put poop into your washing machine or is there a better way at doing it? It is probably obvious, but I am just wondering if I am not thinking of something......

What else have people bought? I would love to see pictures to get ideas for what I need! I have only bought a boppy and some boy clothes so not much!~

There are several methods that are used. You can A) go with a diaper service who will pick up the dirty diapers and wash them FOR YOU. You get a bag that's supposed to be resistant to smells and/or given a specific item that will get rid of the smells.

Many people launder at home though. I'm told that if your breastfeeding that the poo is pretty easy to rid of. You basically take it and put it in the toilet...then you add the soiled diaper in a bucket or pain with a lid on it until your ready to wash. I'm told that much of the diaper stains will come out whilst drying in the sun upon washing.

If your out and about, many purchase "wet bags" where you can add the dirty diapers into the wetbag which will keep the soiled diapers from tampering with your clean diapers.

We plan to add a diaper sprayer next to the toilet which is hooked to the toilet plumbing and makes it that much easier to get the poo off the dirty diaper. You spray it with the sprayer and it drops right in. Then you add the dirty diaper to the bucket or pain until your ready to wash.

While the initial expense of cloth diapers can be pricey, if you add the cost of disposeables you'll find you SAVE money.

The downside to cloth diapering however is that if you plan to put your infant in daycare, most daycare centers don't permit cloth diapering and will only allow sposies because it's easier for them to discard and not have to handle the poo and contaminate from child to child by changing babies with clothes where they'd have to otherwise deal with disposal of poo.

Here's a link to BumGenius Diaper Sprayer to give you an idea of what it is.

You can also find out a wealth of information on Cloth diapering at the Diaper Pin You'll find diaper reviews, sales on used clean diapers, a forum to ask questions and find out information for newbies who are interested in Cloth Diapering.

Hope that helps!!:winkwink::flower:

Ps, Littlestars...you must have the cloth that have the disposable inserts in them?? The kind you can throw away in the toilet?

There are liners for cloth for the added strength and a thicker cloth liner for overnight protection, but you don't throw the whole thing in the toilet though. :lol:

My scan is on Friday and I'm hoping our baby cooperates. I'm SO excited!! :happydance: It'll either be Amelia Carolynn OR Lincoln Douglas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->