October babies due dates and bump colours

Hey ladies. Just a quick update on me.

After walking the mall for 30 minutes yesterday I got really really bad stabbing pain all under my bump every time I stood up. When sat down it was fine so I decided to wait it out a bit. So bed time came and having a yeast infection I went to use my monistat tab but couldn't get it father thrm 2-3 inches in as it was blocked by my cervix being really low. Called our health line and they told me to go straight to labor and delivery with the cramp and low cervix.

Got there and was seen immediately. Baby is perfect. They monitored the heart beat and for contractions. Didn't think i was having any and I wasn't. Theycdid urine sample and the doctor checked my cervix. He said my cervix is closed, long and posteriror. The fact that it's a little low is fine. He said even in pregnancy your cervix will be at different hights at different times of the day.

I do however have a reallly bad bladder infection. I have been told I need to take it really easy for the next two weeks and im on a week on antibiotics.

The part that pisses me off is that a week and a half ago I had the cramping and went to a walk in doctor and they refused to even do a urine so I have probably had this infection for a while now and it is probably so bad because it wasn't treated when it started.

Im ok though. Still crampy when I'm walking but im trying not too as much as is possible. Thankfully it's the weekend and hubby can help with our 8 month old.

Everyone is doing well.

Did they measure your cervical length? If so, what's the measurements? Between 3-5cm's or 30-50mm's is what a normal cervical length should be. Anything less than 3 is something to watch. If they didn't do a measurement by internal scan I would ask your OB for a scan just to check for Incompetent Cervical issues just to be sure they catch it early "if" there even is an issue.

Also, be sure you get that infection taken care of. Yeast and BV are nothing to mess with during pregnancy. Especially at just 20wks.:winkwink:

He didnt measure it. He just used a speculum and looked/felt it. He did say it was nice and long and there were no problems there so im thinking all is good there. They sent away a swab for BV and yeast and are just treating the bladder infection until they get those results back. But thank you. I dont see my OB until the 9th of june but I will be talking to her about it then.

Good, I'm glad they checked for all of that and also gave you something for the UTI. All that can cause PTL and I've unfortunately had experience with that issue as also with IC issues, though for different reasons. Getting rid of those issues will save a whole lot of headaches for you. Yes, have your OB check the actual length of the cervix. It's awful hard to tell the actual length if your looking straight at it. The internal scans actually measure for that stuff and it's better to find out early. He is right, the length can fluctuate, it's just you NEVER want it less than 3cm's (30mm) Ideal length is around 3-5 which MOST women tend to have.

:hi: welcome girly!

has anyone been having an odd kind of pain - it's not an ache, kind of feels like if you poked a bruise - a bit tender, pulsing in their lower abdomen? and knows what it is? i've been getting it on and off for a week now, it can get quite uncomfortable but then it does just disappear :shrug:

been using my doppler to check baby is fine :thumbup: i don't feel like anything is "wrong" it's just odd and new and uncomfortable so would love to know if anyone knows what it is x

Not had the bruise type feeling but ive been gettin strange cramps after alot of walking, when i was doing my food shopping the otherday i felt the usual pelvis ache i get with SPD, but along with it i had these horrible period type pains..... baby is moving around fine so am not worried ...just strange

Theres allsorts of aches & pains that go with pregnancy!! grrr :grr:

Please can I join? I'm due 7th October and having a boy.

Welcome Bluehorse!

Chaos - I know what you mean about feeling isolated from adults all day. It's so nice once the baby actually talks because then you can have full on conversations and you don't feel like a total nutter. Mind you sometimes the topics of my conversations with DD were probably a bit odd. Politics for toddlers! lol No wonder she is so mature with her speaking and hand gestures. When my DH would come home I would jump on him and talk and talk while he just wanted to relax. Poor guy. It's a lot better since DD started going to school and I regularly see other moms and DD has a lot of interesting stuff to talk to me about while she was at school. I've noticed I don't call my mom obsessively everyday anymore.

I wish we could extreme coupon, looks like fun! But we just don't have access to coupons like the USA seems to, plus we don't have those discount grocery cards that magically saves money, plus we definitely don't have double and triple coupon days. Fact is food is a more expensive here and that's just how it is. We don't have the subsidized food industries the way they do. When we really want to save money I just shop the sales the best I can for raw ingredients and cook a lot from scratch and vacuum seal batches of food and such.

Nai - No such bruise pain myself but have been getting a slightly more sharp pain behind left hip bone on/off for a few weeks. And every once and a once I'll stretch in bed and I get a real sharp pain there. I worry that Baby A is stuck down there since it is STILL on my bladder. But at last US everything was fine despite their odd positioning. I really do wish they would move into more of a traditional position though I do kinda like that one is above my belly bend line and the other is above so it's still easy to sit comfortably for the mostpart. Do you think that the baby is causing your pain/bruise? Maybe they kicked/punched repeatedly there and you genuinely have a bruise internally.

I got a steam cleaner yesterday and tried it out. It's funny how I get overjoyed with new cleaning apparatus.. I love it! I can blast out dirt from nooks and crannies along
with steaming clothing, washing windows, removing grease and sterilizing toys without chemicals! My DH thinks I'm nuts. :)

Okay I'm seriously rambling and typing too much. Lys, bump picture to come on Thursday!

i did wonder if perhaps it's from being kicked in the same place all the time but thought that sounded odd lol her hb is always above my left hip and the bruised feeling comes just slightly more middle than that so i thought that'd be right where her little legs could pound me, but who knows. I'm not worried at all because it's not a "pain" feeling, just tenderness and i've had so many aches with the stretching that i just think it's normal for me.

I am loving doing a minishop every weekend for something for baby, this week we bought 2 pairs of gorgeous trousers (3-6mth) and a newb babygro + sleepsuit (0-3mth) - it keeps me going with something to look forward to each weekend :haha:

:hi: welcome girly!

has anyone been having an odd kind of pain - it's not an ache, kind of feels like if you poked a bruise - a bit tender, pulsing in their lower abdomen? and knows what it is? i've been getting it on and off for a week now, it can get quite uncomfortable but then it does just disappear :shrug:

been using my doppler to check baby is fine :thumbup: i don't feel like anything is "wrong" it's just odd and new and uncomfortable so would love to know if anyone knows what it is x

I've had that for the last few days on my lower right side. Its tender when I touch it and hurts when I walk or turn over in bed...its better today but still kinda there. I dont know what it is either but was worried it was my appendix. I guess if its going away though it probably isnt....:shrug:

Hi Ladies, i am 19 weeks tomorrow and due on the 24th of october, i have not properly joined any thread in second tri at all, there seems to be sooo many, but obviously the october thread is where i want to head to seeming as we are all giving birth in october. can i join ? xxx

oh and we are having our anomaly scan on the 7th of june and are dying to find out the gender. x

welcome to october babyhopes :) ..what are you hoping for at the gender scan :pink: or :blue:

Hi all, not much going on here and not much to really say. It's hot, humid and I didn't get much sleep last night so I'm a bit of a bore. Thought I'd come in to say hello! :flower:

Welcome to the Newbies :hi:

oooo i didnt know about this thread!! who was keeping it so secret!!
Hello october bumps!!
Im due 16th october! cant wait!!
have our gender scan a week on tuesday (7th) and im hoping the lil monkey has its legs sprawled open to get a good clear view!!
im hoping for a girl because i wouldnt know were to start with nappy changing if it were a lil boy! what the hell do you do with the winky!! haha! obviously il be over the moon either way because we were trying to make DD into a big sister for a long time!
Iv found this pregnancy very tough, im extremly tired and everything seems so much harder with a child to be taken care of the same time! plus 2nd time around and the midwives dont seem to give a poop over anything :(
i have a prosterior placenter and its hiding so many of the babys movements! its not fair!! tho aslong as i have a nice ice cold glass of OJ before bed then i at least get some reassuring boots before sleepytime :)

ooph sorry i can go on and on and on!! xx

hahaha oh he knows how to pull that face very well!! lol butter wouldnt melt :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->