October babies due dates and bump colours

Hey Ladies, so exciting everyone is either having scans very soon or had one. We're having ours on Tuesday, can't wait. x

My 3d/4d scan is next Saturday, I am counting down the days!!! 13 days to go!

So I am so excited my Husband's Grandmother bought us our crib as her gift for the baby! I have already had my DH assemble the crib and put it into the baby's room. I still need a mattress and bedding and the matching dresser/changing table. It makes it more real to see the crib in the baby's room! I am so grateful so now we can put that money towards something else for the baby... YEAH!! :happydance:

Hi mummy to tyler, im hoping for a :blue: bump as ive always wanted a boy, but at my 13 week scan she said it looks like a girl but she couldnt confirm it then. i guess know i will be happy as long as its healthy, but hey, i have a secret wish for a boy !

mines a bi racial bump. dh is english and im indian x so looking forward to see what bub will look like !

girlygirl, yay for same dates!

Babyhopes, well i hope u get your boy, but either way am sure baby will be perfect x

Ooo i can't wait to find out what I'm having tomorrow xx

oooh wow yours is tomorrow ! bet youre really excited ! what are you secretly wishing for? a :blue: or :pink: bump? cant wait to see your update tomorrow !

and btw, tyler is sooo cute!and i love the name

Erm honestly- i wouldn't mind either, i would like a girl so i have one of each abd buy pink lol but another little boy would be fab too so Tyler has a little pal , plus they can share a room xx

Awww ty hun xx

Welcome Babyhopes and Chichestermum :hi:

Wow,all these gender scans coming up! How exciting!
I still havent decided whether to find out, or stay team yellow? :shrug:

xx

A big bonjour to the new ladies!!

Today is such a nice nice nice day, in the fact the whole week looks like summer. Unfortnuately that means sitting at the park after DD gets out of school. Today will be fine but tomorrow with the humidex we're looking at 37 degrees celcius and I'm not sure I'll be able to stand it! How am I going to survive the summer so pregnant? Last time around I was sooooooo happy to deliver in early June and couldn't imagine being pregnant for the whole summer. I'd set up the pool for DD but with the water-ban we're under I'm not allowed. Looks like we'll be driving to my mom's house and using her hose. Oh well, cheaper water bill for me! lol

I'm looking forward to my OB/scan appointments on Thursday myself. Definitely hoping to get a definite confirmation on gender for at LEAST one baby. Both would be great! But I know I'll be getting scans every other week so I guess eventually we'll know. I'm hoping the babies have moved out of their transverse positions and are going to more traditional postions.

My goal for the week is to get the spare room cleaned out so I am ready to start decorating as soon as we know the genders.

I also need to finish getting DD's stuff for her birthday. This is our last birthday we will be spoiling her rotten so I'm having fun getting her presents. Just can't decide on how I'll be decorating the cake. I kinda outdid myself with the underwater mermaid scene last year. Any ideas? DD is super girly.

Welcome Babyhopes and Chichestermum :hi:

Wow,all these gender scans coming up! How exciting!
I still havent decided whether to find out, or stay team yellow? :shrug:

xx

Kinda depends on whether or not neutral decor and early infant clothing bothers you or not really. You could find out though and then keep it a secret to everyone else in the family. That would kinda fun too! DH didn't go for that when I suggested that after he insisted we find out. Boo!

A big bonjour to the new ladies!!

Today is such a nice nice nice day, in the fact the whole week looks like summer. Unfortnuately that means sitting at the park after DD gets out of school. Today will be fine but tomorrow with the humidex we're looking at 37 degrees celcius and I'm not sure I'll be able to stand it! How am I going to survive the summer so pregnant? Last time around I was sooooooo happy to deliver in early June and couldn't imagine being pregnant for the whole summer. I'd set up the pool for DD but with the water-ban we're under I'm not allowed. Looks like we'll be driving to my mom's house and using her hose. Oh well, cheaper water bill for me! lol

I was pregnant from Jan thru to October with my DD also, that summer it was up to 108f with 100% humidity. I pretty much spent my summer submerged in the neighbourhood pool lol

We actually just got back from the pool this morning, its 12n and already in the 80s. ick. In the week I just fill my DDs paddling pool with a couple inches of water and let her splash around in that out the back while I chill in the shade under the gazebo ;)

Just can't decide on how I'll be decorating the cake. I kinda outdid myself with the underwater mermaid scene last year. Any ideas? DD is super girly.

ooo this is were my forte lies!!!! i loooove baking!
My DD is 3 in july and is also a ridiculously girly girl, im going to be doing her a princess castle cake! 2 square cakes 1 smaller to tier, 4 swiss rolls, 1 on each corner and top them with ice cream cones then decorate as desired! haha!!

or a handbag cake, a big square cake, round off the top too edges, cover in strips of different coloured icing and make balls of icing for the handle and use some white to make a lock on the front

good luck! xx

I love cakes and such as well. My main focus is cookies though. I make TONS of cookies every year for the neighborhood, church, police, library, hospital and firemen.

My sil took the whole Wilton decorating classes and is pretty awesome at what she does.

I try to stick with cookies and cupcakes though. LOVE decorating. LOVE my KitchenAid :happydance:

Just can't decide on how I'll be decorating the cake. I kinda outdid myself with the underwater mermaid scene last year. Any ideas? DD is super girly.

My DD is 3 in july and is also a ridiculously girly girl, im going to be doing her a princess castle cake! 2 square cakes 1 smaller to tier, 4 swiss rolls, 1 on each corner and top them with ice cream cones then decorate as desired! haha!!

or a handbag cake, a big square cake, round off the top too edges, cover in strips of different coloured icing and make balls of icing for the handle and use some white to make a lock on the front

good luck! xx

I love the castle idea!!! I have two cakes to make. One for all the local extended family, about 15 adults so that castle would be perfect. I need something a little more portable for the birthday party. It's only 10 children but I have to bring the cake to the movie theatre. I was going to do cupcakes but DH veto'd them. I definitely plan on doing a rainbow swirl cake inside. It was such a hit last year. Just not sure what to design ontop. I'll have to think a little harder. I thought of a giant hedgehog but DD didn't like. DH hates the barbie skirt ones... hrmm.. off to go search online for ideas..

good luck! xx

I love the castle idea!!! I have two cakes to make. One for all the local extended family, about 15 adults so that castle would be perfect. I need something a little more portable for the birthday party. It's only 10 children but I have to bring the cake to the movie theatre. I was going to do cupcakes but DH veto'd them. I definitely plan on doing a rainbow swirl cake inside. It was such a hit last year. Just not sure what to design ontop. I'll have to think a little harder. I thought of a giant hedgehog but DD didn't like. DH hates the barbie skirt ones... hrmm.. off to go search online for ideas..

I'll share my secret site with you. Shshshsh!! :winkwink::haha: Cake Central has loads of ideas, recipes from professionals and will make your head spin with excitement!:happydance:

As I said, I stick to decorating special cookies and cupcakes but I do cakes when I feel up to it.

oh god.. all sound so good now, ive got to have some birthday cake with lots and lots of creamy frosting on top !!!

Did someone mention cake?????

Scan today ladies at 11:40 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"