October babies due dates and bump colours

That is annoying Littlestars! I will try to plan baby's bday parties to be at home... :haha:

Well, I had my OB checkup today and got in trouble for my weight gain. 10 lbs in one month. Apparently I am not supposed to keep gaining 10 lbs per month... that would be bad :blush: I felt a little better when she was checking for his heartbeat with the Doppler and he gave her a big ole kick and she said "WHOA! That is a big kick for a 22 weeker!" DH saw it from across the room! Hehe.

The OB said, "You know, you gained 10 lbs this month but that's not the baby. The baby doesn't weigh 10 lbs." I said, "Yeah, but his foot might."

Argh, anyway. More walking for me, and less brownies I guess. I feel like I could eat everything in sight though.

That ol poop!:haha: They have to go and add the weight gain issue in. While I can see that they get concerned about too much weight gain correlated with Gestational Diabetes I DO think that with you "little" momma's it's just what your body is needing at the time and it will balance itself out just as it is with those of us who are heavy who aren't gaining all that much at all. It's not hurting the baby and frankly losing weight is something I can appear to lose that most likely won't come off so easy once the baby is here because of how sluggish my metabolism usually is with hypothyroid/Type II diabetes and insulin combo.:wacko:

Take it easy, try to eat as healthy as you can and try not to stress too much dear friend.:thumbup::hugs::kiss::flower:

Wow I have missed so much lol. DD has been keeping my very busy with cruising. I can't take my eyes off her for more then 2 seconds and even then she's made her way out of the room without me noticing lol.

First off Huge Congrats on all the genders coming in. Such an exciting time!
And a big welcome to all the new ladies.

Katerdid- good luck with your scan. Excited to hear if your bump is pink or blue!

Little stars and katerdid- sorry to hear about the heart burn. I had it so bad at the end with my daughter I was literally eating tums like candy and had way over the 5 max a day. So far I have been lucky to only have a day or two with heart burn.

Zb5- awe love that baby is kicking so good for you!! This little girl kicks pretty good for 21(almost 22 weeks) also when she wants to. I have alot more movement this time then I did with my daughter at 22 weeks. 10 pounds at 22 weeks isn't horrid as long as it slows down I suppose. I'm worried about my appointment tomorrow. I still haven't gained a pound. I started at 158 and I'm still 158.

Little stars- sounds awfully annoying throwing a birthday party like that and deal with will they come or won't they. Hopefully everything just falls into place and works.

AFM-

22 weeks tomorrow. It's going so fast now. We move in 11 days and I have a 3d ultrasound booked for 10 days from now. So looking forward to it. Still haven't bought much since I'm still having dreams that the gender was wrong. Hoping to confirm it's a girl in 10 days. She moves lots and I feel it when she wants to let me. Just started feeling her while standing I nthe last week. Woke up this morning feeling very front heavy. Not sure if she is sitting father forward or what but it feels like if I lean forward I'm going to fall on my face lol.

Hope everyone is well

congrats, katerdid! We need more blue bumps :)

yeah :blue:!

Thanks for your support on the weight gain issue, i have gained 20 lbs total, but 10 just in the past 4 weeks! I think that's why the doctor was shocked. It always feels bad to hear that you are gaining too much, but now that I am thinking more clearly, she wasn't toooo mean about it. More like, you're okay right now but if you keep gaining this fast you will definitely be too heavy in the end. Sort of thing. Hopefully it levels off from here on out!

congrats :blue:!!

Well.. I weighed myself yesterday morning and weighed myself this morning and i gained 3lbs overnight :rofl: FANTASTIC!!!! :rofl:

fruit, veg, and alow fat meal for me today with PLENTY of water me thinks.. i've got my 20 wk scan tomorrow! lol xx

What do we do once we've had our scans ... ?
Just sit and wait for 20 weeks .. ? :haha:

Or sit and grow lol

sit, grow & wait lol, i think we should all be offered a scan at about 30-32 weeks to break up the wait a bit x

Congrats on the blue bump!!!

haha yea just sit and balloon with the odd waddle to an appointment with the midwife lol!
Its a horribly long wait! I found myself washing, drying, ironing, folding and putting away all DD baby clothes when i got past 23weeks, they were washed soo many times lol! but it passed the time! that and doing squats at 34 weeks to try bring on labour! no such luck tho lol!! xx

yeah :blue:!

Thanks for your support on the weight gain issue, i have gained 20 lbs total, but 10 just in the past 4 weeks! I think that's why the doctor was shocked. It always feels bad to hear that you are gaining too much, but now that I am thinking more clearly, she wasn't toooo mean about it. More like, you're okay right now but if you keep gaining this fast you will definitely be too heavy in the end. Sort of thing. Hopefully it levels off from here on out!

Ya it does suck :( Sometimes tho we need someone to be blunt with us regarding that .. with my DD I was like you, I just wanted to EAT. I had a love affair with ritz crackers and was eating a sleeve a day lol. I went from 140 to 200lbs in 9 months. I got 'told off' too ;) So know how that feels!
It was NUTS. And although I didn't look it, I was all front belly, My belly went from a nice flat trim 32 inch to 46 inches by the time lil miss had finished with me! How I didn't get stretch marks I'll never know. It crippled me, my lower back/SI was horrendous, I was at the Chiro 3 times a week, I couldn't get up off the floor, roll over in bed. It was so bloody painful to just walk. The Chiro told me each extra pound when pregnant is like 10lbs pulling forward on your back. Hindsight is 20/20 tho, right? Those ritz tasted SO good at the time hahaha

It all fell off after Birth (28lbs the day I gave birth!!) so don't fret :) I've tried to be a lot more concious of what I eat this time around (plus I can't eat right now because my IBS has been really playing up and I've been stuffed up since last Sat, it sucks.) Because I am already starting to get the back problems again (it started at about 5 months with my other DD) and I've only put on 8 so far. Darn backs!!!

congrats, katerdid!

Congratualtions Katerdid, about time we got some more boys in here!

I have put on sooooooooo much weight. Partly the fertility drugs leading into the pregnancy and then going off of a zero-low carb diet intially but I can't lie and tell you I don't indulge ALL the time. I can't help it. Two appointments ago my nurse who weighed me was shocked at the gain in 3 weeks but then this last appointment my doctor had nothing but praise for me when I only gained 2 lbs in two weeks. I know they get nervous about gestational diabetes and that's fair but sometimes women just gain a lot of weight during pregnancy and nothing comes of it except for being fatter after birth than before pregnancy. Sucks for the moms to lose it but once the baby is born we can rip through that extra weight and get back to fighting form in no time. Lucky for us too, we're giving birth late fall and can hide under sweaters and jackets during the winter while we burn our calories and by spring I'm sure we'll all be MILF's! lol :) I've already started thinking about my gameplan once the twins are born.

I have shocking news: last night I slept through the entire night and didn't wake until my alarm. I know that doesn't sound shocking but I literally have not done that the entire pregnancy. I even drank a fair bit of fluids near bedtime. I'm hoping BabyA is moving up and off my bladder finally, but that might be too much to ask for. lol

My sister is coming to two this weekend and I'm so excited, we're going to go looking at strollers and baby stuff together! I have several contenders for strollers right now but I'm thinking of getting a side-by-side instead of a tandem so I need to being my tape measure and then start measuring doorways in stores. lol The shopkeepers are going to think I'm mad!

Time to go pick up DD.. quick question: Anyone getting cramping in the uterus after walking approx. 600 meters straight or so? It's about 1.6kms round trip to the school and my lower belly is so achy when I walk to pick up DD but she hates when I drive to the school.

Chaos, that is great that you lost 28 lbs just with the birth! Amazing. Hope that works for me. :winkwink: I too have been having some sore back issues recently so some of it could be due to the weight. And I don't want to get diabetes either. So I definitely need to try to be reasonable with the weight gain. But not obsessive either. How does one do that again? :haha:

LittleStars, I had some achey cramping feelings too sometimes after walking. I think it has to do with all the weight on the front pulling on your ligaments. It has gotten better recently since I've been walking a bit less. But I should probably start walking more again!

Had my scan yesterday! Everything is all good and well and we managed to stay strong and didn't ask to know the sex!! Will post pictures later on xx

Oh my gosh my boobs are ITCHY today! :wacko: :haha:

I'm also having to pee in a half gallon jug for 24 hours to test for issues with preeclampsia.

Other than that, I'm enjoying Amelia moving and kicking around. Last night she moved from the bladder to kicking my right butt cheek. :haha: What a gift to be able to experience this! \o/

Nothing else is going on. I'm quite bored on bed rest, but nobody every died from boredom. :haha:

Have a great day all you lovely ladies! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->