October babies due dates and bump colours

Morning girls (well morning for me at least)!

Three more days of school for DD and then I can have a break from rushing around in the morning. Yay! Today she has a dentist appointment. She loves going there which is good but I really hope doesn't have another cavity! Then off to see my mom, she wants me to pick out some material so she can customize the Moses baskets she bought for me. I was just going to use a playpen from the beginning but she is insisting.

I made no headway in the spare room, ended up watching E.T. for the first time in decades! Such a cute movie! Must try to make some progress today though.

What kind of goals is everyone working on right now? I'm starting to feel real pressure about running out of time but I think more so than last time because it's twins and I know that preterm labor is a real concern.

Goals. We're getting the furniture off layaway at the end of July (28wks). I needed to get past the milestones first. As for anything else. I'm oblivious! I can't think straight.:dohh:

Goal- get our bathroom and bedroom construction finished so that I can get my dressers out of my dining room and begin figuring out where to put a baby in a 2 bedroom house with my 7 year old? HAHAHA good luck to me, i know.

Goals: move into our new home! :haha: but that's not til 1st september :shock:

cute bumps ladies, i'm ever so slightly jealous with my barely-there bump :brat:

ASFM: Had some fluids leaking over the weekend, rushed to AEU this afternoon after having a checkup with mw, everything is ok, scan showed baby is doing well, measuring right and has plenty of fluid left. Had LOTS of tests, and quite a few people poking around down there having a look - luckily only fully invasive for one test but there was still 3 of them had to give an opinion after looking with a torch!! :blush: Don't know what bought on the fluid leak but it's now minimal (just had a tiny bit this morning when with mw) and not seen any since so fingers crossed it's just a blip and will not return!! LO is under strict instructions not to even think about arriving any time soon! Talk of antibiotics and steroids for LO if there is any more fluid loss after 23 weeks is very scary and very surreal :nope: they won't give steroids at 22 weeks as it is too early. But they're hoping it was a one off anyway :thumbup:

so here's LO at 22weeks 1day, doing a few gymnastic moves :haha:

https://i55.tinypic.com/2v2yvbl.png

hope you are all well :flower: kerri- sorry you've had to read this twice now hun!! :haha: xx

Nai- scary! Im glad all is well for now, do they suggest bed rest or anything? I thought i was leaking a while back too and they had to do a bunch of up there tests to see if it was fluid. Turned out not, but they didn't use a torch:)

Nai- scary! Im glad all is well for now, do they suggest bed rest or anything? I thought i was leaking a while back too and they had to do a bunch of up there tests to see if it was fluid. Turned out not, but they didn't use a torch:)

I agree, glad all is well!:flower:

they didn't want to fiddle manually so they put in a thing to open me up then shone a torch up to see if my womb was closed or open and they did take one swab from up there in the fluid but then they left it well alone :thumbup:

been told to take it easy, no long walks, exertion etc. lifting things and so on. I'm ok to go to work as long as i am only doing my desk job and no up and down stairs/carrying things/walking lots so that's good. The fluid was only minimal today and the "gush" happened on saturday and nothing other than minimal amounts since so that's why they're hoping it's a one off. Also my fluid levels were ok around baby so that is brill. Just have to take all the rest i need :flower:

they didn't want to fiddle manually so they put in a thing to open me up then shone a torch up to see if my womb was closed or open and they did take one swab from up there in the fluid but then they left it well alone :thumbup:

been told to take it easy, no long walks, exertion etc. lifting things and so on. I'm ok to go to work as long as i am only doing my desk job and no up and down stairs/carrying things/walking lots so that's good. The fluid was only minimal today and the "gush" happened on saturday and nothing other than minimal amounts since so that's why they're hoping it's a one off. Also my fluid levels were ok around baby so that is brill. Just have to take all the rest i need :flower:

Did they do a PH check to see if the fluid was in fact amniotic? It's a paper that they use to put on the actual fluid and it tells the PH to see whether it's amniotic fluid or urine/mucus.

Nai, Glad your doing ok!!

As for progress on the nursery... We are still working on getting us all settled from our move but I did register today for our baby shower. I found a crib today that I like and it's a great price, so I am super excited about that!! :happydance: My goal is to paint the baby's room in the next week to two weeks though!!

As for me... try not to laugh to hard but I was at work today and I REALLY had to pee! I tried on 2 different occasions to use the bathroom and both times there was someone in there. I had to go to the bank for work and then grab something at the grocery for work. I was standing about to pay at the grocery store... still REALLY needing to pee and figured I could wait 5 more mins until I got back to my store...

And then I sneezed.. and I peed on myself :blush: not a ton but enough!! UGH awful... still really had to pee so I didn't soak my pants but STILL!! I was wearing black slacks so it wasn't visible at all which is a relief. Also, I was meeting my Mom after work today so I had brought a change of clothes. So, that is my embarrassing pregnant story... hopefully it was the one and only time!! :wacko:

Nai, Glad your doing ok!!

As for progress on the nursery... We are still working on getting us all settled from our move but I did register today for our baby shower. I found a crib today that I like and it's a great price, so I am super excited about that!! :happydance: My goal is to paint the baby's room in the next week to two weeks though!!

As for me... try not to laugh to hard but I was at work today and I REALLY had to pee! I tried on 2 different occasions to use the bathroom and both times there was someone in there. I had to go to the bank for work and then grab something at the grocery for work. I was standing about to pay at the grocery store... still REALLY needing to pee and figured I could wait 5 more mins until I got back to my store...

And then I sneezed.. and I peed on myself :blush: not a ton but enough!! UGH awful... still really had to pee so I didn't soak my pants but STILL!! I was wearing black slacks so it wasn't visible at all which is a relief. Also, I was meeting my Mom after work today so I had brought a change of clothes. So, that is my embarrassing pregnant story... hopefully it was the one and only time!! :wacko:

Aww, that happens to me a LOT!:hugs::dohh: Usually I'm home sitting and debating if I want to go pee yet AGAIN and then I sneeze and have to change the darn sheets. It's not usually a whole lot, but enough. So sorry...but yes, it can happen. Glad you had a change of clothes!

Speaking of preparing and clothes....For you second time mommies, what should we pack in the hospital bags? I haven't done that and I HAVE to get one ready as even though I'd LOVE to get to term, there are no guarantees so I have to get prepared now. What should I have in there?

Nai - hope your ok, i kno ive already spoke to you in your journal but wanted to say it here too x

& Happy V-DAY to me and all the other 19th October ladies :happydance:

Did they do a PH check to see if the fluid was in fact amniotic? It's a paper that they use to put on the actual fluid and it tells the PH to see whether it's amniotic fluid or urine/mucus.

the mw took a lower swab and it was positive for fluid which is why i got transferred to EAU - they did an upper swab whilst they were *ahem* taking a look up that way as there was a "small amount" of fluid up there but they were sending that one off for further testing, will get the results next week :thumbup: I had to take a tube with a swab in it from my midwife to the hospital - i nearly dropped it down a drain in my panic! typical!! :dohh:

Happy V DAY mummy 2 tyler !! :headspin:

Nai glad youre ok and that youve been tested.. xx that pic is gorgeous !

littlestars lovely bump... and yourstruly too. .. im jealous of all the massive bumps !!

i wouldnt comment on the car seats as we have not bought anything yet !! waiting for 24 weeks and above.. xx dont know why it just still feels so early !

Nai - stay strong. I hope will resolve itself and we'll have no more of the nonsense leaking!

I am in tears right now, I am so mad at my sister. She called to chat from work and we were talking and then the topic went to me telling her about going shopping with our mom the day before and then I mentioned how I reminded mom that we were going to submit names to her and then suddenly she says almost in a laugh 'I didn't agree to that!'. The idea was that we would both decided on our name list, be it a short short list of a few or a final choice and then submit to our mom. If there was a duplicate then she would let us know and then the name would become off limits. Since It's my last pregnancy then of course my sister could always end up using in a subsequent pregnancy but this way there would be no hard feelings. I tossed the idea to her a few weeks ago and she seemed to agree. Now she saying that she is planning on picking a name as soon as her husband finishes reading the whole entire baby book and that once they pick one they are just announcing it to everyone and that's that, tough titties for me. I think this is so rude and makes me feel pressured to pick out a name faster than she can just so I can have what I want. I don't want to rush and do this, I wanted to take my time and know that I wasn't going to get the short end of the stick unless she was too. Had either of us been pregnant at a time when no one else was then there wouldn't be this pressure and I just think her attitude is rude and meanspirited. I haven't even begin to look at names since I wanted to get past the 24 week landmark and know the genders first. Meanwhile she already has a list and her husband is well on his way. We are technically due 3 days apart but I will deliver first because of it being twins. She keeps saying she doesn't think that our names will be the same and chances are that she's right. We both have very different last names to contend with. But the reality is that if you believe that the chances are unlikely then why not agree? Am I in the wrong here? I know I've had a child before and therefore already had a crack at naming a child but I also have two to name and that's easier said than done. She keeps saying she doesn't think I'd pick anything on her list but at the same time how would she know when I haven't even started looking?

Sooooooooooooo mad at my sister right now. I actually told her I thought it was mean and I was angry and told her I was hanging up. This sucks. Guess I'll be looking at names all night. Grrrr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->