October babies due dates and bump colours

welcome lovelylove !!

i was looking for swimwear today as well.

i have a dumb question. is it safe to swim in sea water ? i know that sea water is meant to be cleaner than pool water, just wondered with the salt and everything, is it ok if i start swimming in the beach? out apartment building has private beach access so it would be a shame not to use it ., plus my hands and feet are swollen from not moving, not walking and my back is sore as well... so i thought some exercise should do me good.

Today dh and me went over to mothercare to have a look at maternity swimwear i wanted since ive decided to start swimming / exercising to keep myself moving because of all the pain and swelling... but we ended up doing something i never imagined we would.:cloud9:

There was a massive sale on everything 50 % off, and they were running out of stock , we ended up purchasing :

a.) A "precious bear cot bed", and a matching changing table that goes on top of your cot to change LO.

b.) a dressing drawer set

c.) a SPIN travel system from mothercare that can spin the system so that baby faces you instead of public or vice versa as and when you want it, and baby lays flat in it and you can use that system for baby to sit up etc until 4 years old. ( black and green) since that was the only one on sale. it also comes with a white fitted sheet and velvet type interior thing you can add on for babys extra comfort.

d.) a maxi cosi car seat ! black and beige interior

e.) maternity swim wear two piece covering your bump blue and white striped

f.) black maternity trousers and an olive green long loose maternity sleeveless top

g.) maternity full support sleeping pillow !

i cant believe we spent so much and bought all this, but we decided to buy everything in one month so that we could estimate what it cost and pay for it all in one go , in one month., we still have bottles, sterilisers, breast pumps , play mat and other things to buy, but we will buy that in july as we could not just buy everything today, we were there till closing time !

im glad we did though, when all my items arrive from delivery in one week - 10 days, i will post pics of all of them. xx

I love that swimsuit too! Was going to buy it last weekend, until I saw that it was handwash only. I havent got time to be handwashing stuff! lol

As for baby names. I am 15 weeks ahead of my pregnant best friend....so I will get to name my baby first!! So far, we seem to have different taste in names luckily!

Hope you are all well
xx

i've washed it in the washing machine a few times now and it hasn't affected it at all :shrug: i just put everything on a 30 degree wash :shrug: sometimes i just rub it down with shower gel straight after the pool, rinse it and throw it on the radiator anyway.. :blush:

Thanks for that Nai.
I really do love it, so maybe I will just buy it, and hope for the best when machine washing it?
xx

well i haven't noticed a colour fade and it certainly hasn't shrunk at all.. i think i've washed it about 6 times now and the other times it's been a shower gel wash in the shower and rinse and dry and it's been fine all the time... i wouldn't go putting it on a 60 and i don't put it in the dryer but a 30 hasn't hurt my one.. xx

Nai- I Love it and no we don't have that store! Boooooo. Thats super duper cute though.

Hey ladies and pumpkins hope all is well? i'm liking the bargains you got at Mothercare :thumbup:
Erm embarassing query time something isn't right in my :blush: its like something has dropped like a pile but not my bum any ideas? cos i aint. Haha soz.

i haven't a clue? i just know it didnt used to be like that maybe baby has pushed something out cos wanted to more room to play and wiggle about! am going to see the nurse later so hopefully find out

keep us posted adele :thumbup: i don't know what it could be either :shrug: will be interesting to find out though!

so good news on my front ladies, although my lower test came back as positive for amniotic fluid the upper swab at cervix was negative so they think whatever caused it last weekend has stopped. They rang today to check i had no more leaking, which i've been dry since tuesday so all appears good :happydance: The other swabs for infections came back clear so no risk to baby :thumbup: and my urine was clear other than ketones so just got to eat more regularly, so happy!

I have to be tested again at 24week mw appointment for fluid but it will be a lower swab again so no fiddling around right "up there" :blush: which is good. But i'm hopeful it's all cleared up! :thumbup: i am super dry again other than the usual discharge :happydance:

They did remind me that as soon as i go into labour/waters break it's straight into hospital as under consultant care for my blood but i kind of knew that was on the cards anyway :dohh: best place for me really so not complaining, they can do whatever they want as long as baby gets here safe :cloud9:

woo hoo glad you're ok :happydance: and no more torch looking :blush:
i had the light treatment down there today :haha: its just a cyst due to hormones? should go away but won't get in way of labour
i was told my ketones were high at a midwife apt do we need to eat more food or more often?

Love the bathing suit Nai, we don't have that store though. boo!

Actually maternity clothing wise there isn't a lot to choose from. We have Motherhood Maternity and Thyme Maternity oh! and Old Navy (but they look like they are stopping as the section is getting really empty!) and that's it. There are boutique stores here and there that are appointment only or not available in my city. Walmart and Zellers don't carry maternity and it would seem even Sears doesn't either anymore. There is ONE Walmart actually that does carry maternity clothing but it is a really really small selection that hasn't seemed to have changed since I discovered it. As for finding a bathing suit.. just as hard. Bah! I spent my day trying on anything even close to my size in any store. I was trying style and patterns and colours I hated even. Price I was shocked at too in hopes of solving this little riddle of 'how does a fat pregnant lady with twins find a way to swim?' lol I was finding that because I'm tall (and huge) a one piece just squished my boobs flat so I had to go with a two piece. Since I have large boobs even when not pregnant I couldn't go with halter tops since the strain on my neck was too much and if I loosened it to make it comfortable then I ended up looking rather indecent and was due to have a wardrobe malfunction anytime. But in the end I found one!!!!!!

It's black bottoms with an optional folding top bit to either show a little pattern and go low and unfolded it was just black but gave a little more support. The top is black with smallish raspberry polka dots, two thicker straps, the centre panel down the front is ruched. It fits snugly and smooths and defines nicely and my boobies feel like they aren't being squished or falling out. The lady did point out that I really should get a size bigger since I've got twins but they didn't have it and I was determined to buy something so we'll see how long it lasts. Worst case scenario if the top starts to creep up I'll either just accept it since that mean I'm as big as a house at that point or I'll get an oversized tank top and toss it on to remain decent. I can't see myself wanting to swim beyond the end of August and so the bathing suit only has to last 2 months. Sorry the picture is so big, photobucket was acting up!

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1/lylotte/SA401623.jpg

Nai glad to hear the update! So scary all this stuff. Frankly last time around by the time I was to give birth I was so happy to just go with the flow and give in to the doctors. I was tired of it being all my responsibility. I am definitely not one of the 'birth plan' ladies. no offense to those who are! Just not my cup of tea. I'm protective once the little one comes out like a momma lion but until that point I trust that the doctors know what they're doing to get us all through the experience.

Okay, I really should go do some laundry so I have something to wear out tonight to the fireworks. Today is Canada Day, I know there is only 2-3 of us in this thread that are canucks, but have a good one none the less!

thanks both :flower:

can you order online anything nice for usa ladies? i couldn't find anything in the shops so ordered mine online :thumbup:

Glad all is well now Nai.
And hope your cyst doesnt cause any problems Adele.
Your swimsuit is so cute, LittleStars.

And LittleStars, here in the UK, there is limited choice in maternity wear (and maternity swimsuits too). So I have been doing all my shopping online. I will definitely be ordering my swimsuit online. Maybe the American/Canadian ladies who are struggling could go online?

PS, belated Happy Canada Day!!
xx

Shopping online would be an idea I guess except since I'm a SAHM I can deal with limited choices for another few months. I've got no one to impress and no desire to accumulate a large wardrobe. It just means doing laundry often!

Canada Day festivites were fun. We didn't go to see the Duke and Duchess who were in town. Just opted to go to the 'local' fireworks. They have gone from just being for our satelite community of 40,000, to being for anyone who want good fireworks but doesn't want to go downtown so it's a bit chaotic. Since we were going so close to the fireworks instead of spending the day there we were scared how far away we would be parking. DH had agreed to drop me and DD off and then go park saving me at least the trip one way. Craziest thing happened though. We ended up getting one of THE closest spots you could possibly get legally. Woohoo! My body was so thankful.

But since life seems to like Ying and Yang... as punishment for my good fortune I get to spend today and the next 30 hours hanging out with my MIL, her husband and her pain in the arse sister. We are going to her rusty trailer and spending the night. Blech!

Hope everyone else has more pleasant things to do today!

Hi Ladies, I know I am a couple weeks ahead of some of you but today is 27 weeks for me and Day 1 of the 3rd trimester!! :happydance:

I have to go to the glucose test this week, I have heard its awful!! Not excited!!

The OH and I are headed to the fair today... its a huge summer thing here and tomorrow is the last day. I'm not feeling super energetic so I know all of the walking and dealing w/ the crowds should be interesting but I will be bummed if I miss it because we didn't go last yr!

Glad to hear everyone is doing good and I love the swim suits ladies... I have not ventured as far as maternity swim suits!! I don't love my non preggo body in a bathing suit so I think I will try and hold off on this one for the summer!

Happy late Canada day and to the US ladies, Happy 4th tomorrow!! :flower:

Hi Ladies, I know I am a couple weeks ahead of some of you but today is 27 weeks for me and Day 1 of the 3rd trimester!! :happydance:

I have to go to the glucose test this week, I have heard its awful!! Not excited!!

The OH and I are headed to the fair today... its a huge summer thing here and tomorrow is the last day. I'm not feeling super energetic so I know all of the walking and dealing w/ the crowds should be interesting but I will be bummed if I miss it because we didn't go last yr!

Glad to hear everyone is doing good and I love the swim suits ladies... I have not ventured as far as maternity swim suits!! I don't love my non preggo body in a bathing suit so I think I will try and hold off on this one for the summer!

Happy late Canada day and to the US ladies, Happy 4th tomorrow!! :flower:
I'm a week behind you, so I'll be looking forward to 3rd tri. next week. Happy 3rd Trimester to you!:hugs::flower::happydance:

Have fun at the fair!:thumbup:

Lys can you let us know how the glucose test goes please? i've got one the first week of august :dohh:

have fun at the fair! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->