October babies due dates and bump colours

I survived the trailer!!!!! lol

The sleeping on a cot, despite it being brand new was AWEFUL. I was virtually awake the whole night and then got up for real by 6 am. I am so pooped. The swimming was nice because it was so insanely hot and humid and it was nice not having to cook or clean the whole time. When I got out the pool each time I fel like I was gaining all my pregnancy weight at once.. weirdest feeling ever! Anyway, I have no desire to sleep overnight there again myself but if I do have to I plan on bringing my own airmattress. The cot was narrower than a single and I thought I was going to fall off all night and it was too soft.

Okay, off to go have a freezie. I'm melting!

Hi Ladies, I know I am a couple weeks ahead of some of you but today is 27 weeks for me and Day 1 of the 3rd trimester!! :happydance:

I have to go to the glucose test this week, I have heard its awful!! Not excited!!

The OH and I are headed to the fair today... its a huge summer thing here and tomorrow is the last day. I'm not feeling super energetic so I know all of the walking and dealing w/ the crowds should be interesting but I will be bummed if I miss it because we didn't go last yr!

Glad to hear everyone is doing good and I love the swim suits ladies... I have not ventured as far as maternity swim suits!! I don't love my non preggo body in a bathing suit so I think I will try and hold off on this one for the summer!

Happy late Canada day and to the US ladies, Happy 4th tomorrow!! :flower:

I failed the 1 hour glucose test (by one point) and had to take the 3 hour test. I did about a month ago, it wasnt too bad. the solution they give you is like flat orange soda...lol the worst part is sitting at the place for the 3 hours and getting blood taken 4 times...you arent allowed to leave. Overall it wasnt bad, even having to fast wasnt bad. Thank goodness I passed the 3 hour test :D

With my daughter, as I sat there for the one hour after drinking the orange drink, she moved like an alien on a rollercoaster in my stomach. Was so cool to watch, people next to me were even amused! Guess she liked the sugar rush. Good luck with that!

Happy fourth of July to all the American ladies out there! I have lotsa red white blue festivities planned for the day so im off to it! Be safe and enjoy.

Flat orange soda I could do.. but I've heard it varies from hospital to hospital as to whether it's something tastier or just pure sugar water. FX I get flat soda!

DD is allergic to mosquito bites! She woke me this morning with a swollen wrist and hand. She had had swollen bites before but DH assured me this was 'normal'. I think not! So we're trying antihistamines to see if that helps. Poor kid.

I was *this* close to buying the bedding I want for the twins but I bailed last minue thinking I was just shy of the 90 days return policy for the store so I should wait another week or two. Anyone else think like that..'what is they got the gender wrong?' Ah!!! It's freakin' me out. I'm so glad I have a scan on Wednesday so I can see if I can get a confirmation for the tech on gender. It would make me feel a lot better.

I have to get my glucose test sometime before the 22nd. I wasn't told anything about it, just got handed a lap slip and was told to get this done before I came in for my next appt. Do I have to do anything for it beforehand? Or do I just go there, drink the soda, wait an hour, and get pricked? Gosh, I wish my midwives would quit acting like I know everything...

Hey everyone. Wow glucose test time already! I'll be getting my lab slip at my 27 week appointment in 10 days. Not looking forward to it although it really wasnt that bad last time.

For me I got there. Was given a flat orange soda like drink that I had to finish in 2 minutes I think. It made me a little dizzy. I then had to sit there for an hour and then get my blood taken. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. My doctor did tell me though that alot of women get false positives because there is no fasting involved so she told me not to eat anything for 3 hours before. She said its not needed but it does lower the chances of a false positive and then having to do the 3 hour test. I told her I didnt want to do anything to TRY to pass the test and she then told me that if I had GD that fasting 3 hours before would not change the results it just lowered my chances of a false positive if I didnt have it. I passed my first time and didnt have to do the 3 hour test.

Hoping to pass again this time but since Im measuring big I know its a possibility that I dont pass...

Nice swimsuits ladies! I just spent a few days at the beach and wore my pre-pregnancy bikini. The bottoms were always a little too big and my pregnant butt fills them out better now. The top on the other hand... hello boobs! Fortunately the beach was not very crowded so it was mostly just me, DH, and my sister and no one really noticed my extra boobage. :haha:

Nai, I am glad everything is okay!

I took my glucose test last week, a little early I guess. I haven't heard the results yet but see my doctor on Wednesday so I should hear then. I would guess she would have called if they were terrible? Yes, the drink was gross but I just drank it as fast as possible! They gave me a choice of orange or lime. :)

Whew, I am pooped! I was a bridesmaid in a wedding this weekend and there were soooo many activities. It's finally over and we're spending a relaxing day with my family. Tomorrow we fly home. I'm looking forward to getting back to our regular routine.

Well ladies, today I have had my hand forced into making a decision i've been toying with for about a year.. They're making us all redundant as of 31st august! :shock: so i've been offered another role in our other office but it's a 100mile round trip, same salary and full time only :dohh: soooooo.. i'm taking my maternity as planned from 1st september, they are now obliged to pay me my full maternity rights, i'll get a redundancy payout tax-free, 5 weeks pay since i've worked their 5 years, 5 days accrued holiday.. and say bye bye! :shrug:

I need a part time, close to home job and i'm fully qualified so i've got plenty of options, and i've been on about branching out on my own since i qualified anyway, so they've just pushed me into making a decision :shrug:

oh well... DH and I went shopping to cheer ourselves up after a stressful day and got some lovely baby things - a playmat and lots of little outfits :kiss:

Everything happens for a reason! :flower:

Nai! I agree everything happens for a reason... and if its a decision you have been toying with at least now the decision is made and you guys can start planning (also better now that a month or however long from now!) Woohoo on the play mat and outfits!

I still haven't bought anything... I am really trying to wait because I keep having people giving me great things so if there is one less thing we have to buy I figure the better. Though I have to admit I am getting anxious to get things ready for the lil one and set up!! I bought paint samples to do the baby's room with though!! :D

I had my gtt at 18 weeks (I think, can't remember at all!) due to my insulin resistance. I passed (woohoo!) it was the 3hr test and I had to go on a high carb diet for the three days prior in order to get an accurate result. If you ladies are going for the 3hr test I suggest you take a good book.

Thanks Lys :flower: and yay for paint samples!! :dance: we have chosen our paint samples too but because we're moving we are getting everything ready except the nursery :dohh: but noone's really buying us any little gifts yet so we figure it's best for us to just be organised on our own :shrug: and it's so much fun shopping!!! hehe x

I need to figure out the curtains to go with the bedding before I move on to paint samples (nevermind clearing out the room, lol). So many times I've got all set on a paint sample and then try to find curtains to go with... never easy. So this time I've decided to do it the other way around. It's tempting though.. I love looking at paint samples.

So I've got a lunch date with a friend of mine whom I haven't seen since right before Christmas... she doesn't know I'm pregnant. heh.. I told her I have a big surprise for her. Hope she isn't expecting a gift. I always meant to tell her but the timing was just never right. The SCH bleeding and then waiting out the first trimester and then hoping to know gender and having to wait forever on that too has lead me to this point. doh!

Littlestars- my daughter has reactions to bug bites also. Her leg got very swollen and now last week i just dealt with her head. The hole side of her ear and face and head were huge like a bone deformity. called emergency nurse and they said sounded like a gnat bite. Apparently gnats are the worst bites! And the teeniest bug too.....so the next morning her ear swelling moved to her eye and that was practically swollen shut. So aweful, poor thing. Hope your DD is better and doesnt get one near the eye. That one is bad!

nypage - I had wondered if it had been horsefly bites but never considered anything else.. I'll look up gnat bites and gnats for that matter, lol. I'm not sure I know what those look like. I know that my daugthers swelling was definitely on the bad side in comparison to the images I saw on google so there's a chance I'm wrong.

Off for an US and doctor visit today. Hoping the tech can double confirm the genders to ease my mind as I buy all this girl stuff.

I've confirmed a trip to Toronto to do some baby shopping for a week and a half from now. So exciting! We're (my mom is coming and we're meeting my sister) going to hit some baby outlet stores and hopefully save lots of money. FX! DH and DD will go off to MIL's nasty trailer for the weekend instead of coming.

Hey ladies!

Goodluck with the US today! I hope they can confirm the genders for you just to ease your mind. And I hope your DD feels better soon.

AFM--- 99 days to go!! Sounds so much longer then 14 weeks though lol. Although I've only got 13 weeks left since I will be induced at 39 weeks or a little earlier.

Well I got the gender confirmation I needed so I feel better about that but apparently BabyA is low on the amniotic fluid side of things. Baby B has lots though. The doctor is totally worried since the baby is progressing at the same rate as the other baby and on schedule but he wants me back in next week to check again to make sure this isn't the start of something bad. Meh. He did suggest that the fluid levels do fluctuate and that it could have been the position of the babies (still transverse dammit!) or the baby hadn't peed in a while or perhaps dehydration to some degree but since the other baby had more than enough fluids he was a little concerned.

YoursTruly - yay for double digits! Looks like we'll be induced around the same time since my doctor wants to do it around 38 weeks or a little earlier. So crazy thinking how little time I have left to get life in order. ekk!

Hi ladies. :hi: Just checking in with everyone. Not too much going on over here. I have a NICU consult for the end of August to meet with the staff, Friday we have a bunch of appointments for baby Dr. Shopping. Had NO idea we had to pick out a Dr. before. :haha: Goes to show how ill prepared I am. At any rate, I also had no idea how hard it would be to find the right Dr. I'm wanting to have an Alternative Vax schedule for Amelia. No 5 shots at once ordeal. I also will opt out of pertussis as while I KNOW the severeness of it, the side effects of the injections has been known to cause traumatic side effects and thus outweigh the benefits. I'd rather she get the antibiotics IF she ever gets it and by having it anyways, she'll be immune to it. Also not for a couple others. The MAIN vax's though I believe will be beneficial for her health and well being.

It's AMAZING though how many extra shots they have since I was a kid. Chicken Pox and Hep B are given at birth and I'm going to opt out until she's 2 because the odds of getting it that early aren't all that high per a nurse friend of mine and my husband who also is an RN. I'm not against them, just way too early in my opinion to get them.

I've decided I'm going to follow Dr. Sears Alternative Vax Schedule. Which will make finding a Dr. that much harder as many follow the American Ped's Assoc. Schedule and won't even THINK about going off schedule. There are a couple Ped's we're meeting with, one GP who is pro parent choice and pro Alternative Vax Schedule. ONE office I love though that's multi-practice but they have a sick waiting area and wellness area. They do follow the American Ped's Association Vax schedule, but I'm told that at times they will be lenient but won't say it over the phone. So hopefully this one will work out because they're open for sick children on Sat. and Sun's too.

Little Stars, now that they see your amniotic fluid for one baby what's their agenda to watch it? Do they know the reason?

Yours Truly, I'm in the Double Digits too and I can't believe it. :happydance: Isn't it so amazing?! :flower: We're due around the same time.

Hoping everyone is having a good summer!

Littlestars- thats too bad about the baby's fluid....up your water intake at least, maybe its not that but try! Yea, when I talked to the emergency nurse I had assumed it was horse fly that bit my daughter as well and she said the gnats actually do the big swelling reactions in some people. They're TINY! Which makes more sense I guess because kids dont even really know they are being bitten by them, whereas I would think they know they got bitten near the eye or something with a huge horse fly. Poor kids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->