October Bfp with #2 anyone with me?

Welcome mummyinjune!

How is everyone feeling this week!?
I feel normal which is really nice. I know it wont last long so enjoying while i can.

Thank you! I have a 2.5 year old boy, and a 5.5 year old boy! All their birthdays will be around same time ���� ...

I'm feeling almost normal now at 11 weeks - just the occasional nausea pangs and a bit tired.

I basically feel normal most of the time, though I am tired and generally uncomfortable lol.

If I don't eat quickly enough in the morning I am sometimes sick, and occasionally smells drive me over the edge too, but I am mostly ok!

I've been feeling pretty good. Expect my son and husband keep passing a cold back and forth. I'm really hoping I don't catch it. 😕

The cold this year is awful. My kiddo has been sick for over a month already. He doesnt understand how to blow his nose or spit out what he coughs up so he keeps recycling mucous which keeps him sick. I just got over mine and hubby is just starting to see the end of his. 2 weeks each. Its awful. It is so hard to teach a kid stuff like how to blow his nose lol.
Or eat...i have the worlds pickiest eater too.

We haven't had a cold for months and months now and I have no idea how we've avoided it. Being pregnant AND being ill is too much. I'll be really pissed off if I get a cold, especially if it happens over Christmas, but knowing my luck it's bound to as one can only go so long avoiding the inevitable winter germs ...

We have avoided being sick for the last 2 years. This year we were due for a good one. And its been bad!
I am beyond irritable today. Not sure why but i have been grouchy since i got out of bed this am. My poor kid

How is everyone feeling?
DH is super sick now. DS and i have been over it for a while now.
Last night i woke up with racing heart. Doc says its pretty common and not to worry about it. Havent had that feeling since i quit smoking. So weird.
Had my appt today and heartbeat is 140bpm. It was easy to find this time. It was Really nice to hear it finally.
I am super excited for christmas as its the first year DS has asked for anything and is actually excited about it.
Hope everyone else is doing well and feeling good.

Had my first appointment today with my midwife. I'm with the same one I had with my son and she is super excited because I had such an easy pregnancy with him I'm their like "model patient". 😂
She tried to find babies heartbeat though and we were pretty disappointed that she couldn't find it properly. Everytime she caught a glimpse of it, baby moved away. I go back in 2 weeks for just a fetal heart rate check to try again, then if she has trouble again they'll send me for an ultrasound. I'm also only measuring about 11 weeks though, so my dates may be off. I only had two periods before getting pregnant as I'm still breastfeeding, so my cycles weren't fully regular yet.

Wow. We don't do doppler heart rate with the midwife until 16 weeks in the UK. Strange how different they all do it isn't it? X

Wow. We don't do doppler heart rate with the midwife until 16 weeks in the UK. Strange how different they all do it isn't it? X

The midwife always tries during your first appointment here (which is normally between 10-12 weeks) but do warn you that it can be hard to find that early. Since they don't regularly do dating ultrasounds, I think looking for the heartbeat helps the midwife to confirm your dates. If she can find it in 2 weeks we'll stick with my original date. But if she can't then they'll probably push my EDD back a week or 2 based off the ultrasound if it's required.

Hey girls, I had my surgery on Tuesday it all went very well and the twins are going great. I feel battered and bruised they first of all couldn't get a cannula in my hand or arm so had to fetch the senior anesthesiologist in to do it and he had to use a kiddie size needle LOL it actually hurt more because the amount of fluid going through such a small whole ouch!!. Then it took 3 attempts to get the spinal in DOUBLE OUCH!! so I have a sore back two very bruised hands a stitched up sore cervix and a growing bump. And now I'm dieing of boredom on bed rest for a while then modified bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy!. The things we do for our precious little bundles!!.

Hope everyone else has had an easier week than me lol. Xx

That sounds awful miss zoie! I hope you feel better soon!

I hope everyone's christmas was awesome and stress free.
Ours was great. We managed to see almost everyone and finally told them the big news! Everyone was shocked and very excited. I guess i did a good job hiding it this whole time 😁
Have to wait for my MIL to get her parcel which contains the news.
Then i think ill make it facebook official for new years :)

xMissxZoiex- That's good that the surgery went well. You'll have to find some new books to read or shows to binge watch while on bed rest. 😁

OilyMamma- Glad you had a great Christmas.
Ours was really good. Our son got spoiled for his first Christmas but was also so overwhelmed. I'm kind of glad it's over now so we can get back to a normal schedule. And we also shared the news with everyone. My parents are ecstatic. 😂

Glad you both had lovely Christmas' - we announced yesterday. Feels more real now!

Yay to all the latest announcements and successful Christmas'! We had a good Christmas, although my toddler has turned in to the devil incarnate ha ha, too much excitement and being overtired I think!

I had my 16 week midwife appointment today, slight panic as it took her forever to find the baby's heartbeat! She found it eventually but said my uterus is actually a lot higher than "normal for this stage" but it wasn't a worry. She said that, combined with the fact baby was hiding was the reason it took so long to find. We'd taken our daughter though so I was starting to stress a little. HR was 150 when we finally found it but then disappeared again after that. It's all so different to with my daughter, I can tell this one is going to be a little monkey already!

I've had another scan and the babies are getting big now!! <3

Attachments

• 20161229_160738.jpg
    20161229_160738.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20161229_160827.jpg
    20161229_160827.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20161229_160927.jpg
    20161229_160927.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread