October Bfp with #2 anyone with me?

I didn't get morning sickness until 8 weeks with DD. I wonder what will happen this time. I really hate this worrying about mc in the first tri bit though. Might have to get an early scan to put my mind at rest!

Thanks ladies! Had the scan. Bean is fine, measuring 6 weeks (not 6+2) saw a heartbeat. Just about see baby hanging from the top of the black circle! There is evidence of bleeding, they think it's a haemotoma (like a bruise) that measures 4cm - I've circled in red on the scan photo. She said I could bleed a lot more and even pass a large clot in the next few days or it may be absorbed but not to worry as that is evident on the scan. They're not worried and said they will look again at my 12 week scan unless I bleed again in 3-4 weeks. Phew.

Attachments

• IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 5
Hey ladies! I got my bfp on Monday! I am a complete cynicist so I was just waiting for the bleed to start as we had a chemical and have been trying since May 2015 so I didn't quite believe it. I am feeling confident with all the symptoms though and making it through the week so I am going to start socializing in here haha. Technically I am 6 weeks today and that may be correct as I have been having symptoms for 2 weeks but I also dont think I ovulated until cd 25 which would make me closer to 5 weeks. Guess only time will tell!

Oh and my DS is 5, glad to see some other ladies with a larger age gap! I am excited that he will be able to help and understand, he has wanted a sibling for quite some time now! Plus we won't have to pay daycare for two kiddos since he is in kindergarten haha

Welcome TodMommy. My DD will be nearly 5 when baby is due so I'm with you on the age gap.

So glad you had good news Boobee xx

So exciting meep! I can hardly wait to hear mine.
Hope all is well boobee. Keep us posted..im sure its nothing :)

Hi second time!! Welcome and congratulations!

Welcome Todmommy! My ds will be almost 5 when this next one arrives. Its definitely nice to see other mammas with age gaps.

Coco i feel this 1st tri is harder than my last 1st tri. Mostly feels the same as when i was with my
1st but this time i cant sleep all day and night. Last time i slept a Lot and this time im chasing a 4yr old around. Its extra exhausting and i dont get nearly enough sleep. I am also slacking on regular housework...its hard to gey moving. Even harder cause i have switched to decaf coffee now. 😣
We have early halloween festivities tonight too.
The nausea is still persistent. All day everyday. No actual being sick but i need to snack constantly to keep the nausea at bay. Definitely tough around here

Yay for hart beats and new BFPs! Great to see more ladies joining :)

OilyMama that's exactly how I feel as well. No getting sick but I need to munch all day to keep nausea at bay, but I also don't feel like eating. And today The Toddler had a 15-minute full blown melt down in the bus, screams and all and all the passengers where looking at us in a "can't you control your child" way :/ Only a lovely air hostess (we knew from the uniform) came and tried to be helpful -didn't manage, all hell was loose. So yes, extra lovely day here as well. We also found out we have to move by May, while we have found schools and all for our daughter in this area, so here is some extra fodder for my pregnancy anxiety/insomnia. fun fun fun...

Oily I am the same way, snacking or sick. It seems to have subsided today and yesterday which of course has me being a paranoid mess but hopefully it will subside for you as well :flower:

Coco I'm sorry you have all of that going on :hugs: I'm sure it will all work out with the move but how stressful!

So I told my 5 year old that I had a baby in my tummy and he said no you don't, so I asked him why and he goes because your stomach isn't hard it is still squishy :dohh: He has been asking for a sibling for a couple years now so I was definitely expecting a different reaction haha, -
although he did know that grandma was on her way to our house and was mostly just focused on that so not the best timing for me to tell him haha

Oh coco that sounds awful. Im sorry your day went that way. And a move on top of it. Oi! Im sure it will all go smoothly for you.
Awe. Todmommy maybe tell him again when the excitement of grandma coming wears off 😂 cute reaction though!

As for me i am constantly cold. I cant seem to warm up. I sure hope this nausea goes away soon...actually i could totally deal with the nausea if the exhaustion would let up. Its so hard to get anything done in a day. I have a trade show im running a table at tomorrow with my sister and we havent told anyone...so ill have to hide my exhaustion and explain the constant snacking somehow.
Lol.
Oh The fun we have 😁

I just got my bloodwork back and my hcg was 426.5 at 3w5d ... seems to be roughly within the normal range! I know the big question is whether it will rise within three days. But it's nice to see those numbers.

I'm still feeling nervous though. No nausea, no queasiness, no cramping today. Except for being a little sleepy, I don't feel pregnant at all! Just totally normal. Hoping that's not a bad sign.

I've only had tiredness for the last few days. Cramping went away a few days ago. Keep peeing loads though!

I've only had tiredness for the last few days. Cramping went away a few days ago. Keep peeing loads though!

That makes me feel a bit better, thanks! I guess every pregnancy is different. I didn't have terrible morning sickness with my son, but I was queasy from very early on -- kind of hungover/seasick throughout the day. Nothing like that this time. Tests are getting darker, though, at least.

I just got my bloodwork back and my hcg was 426.5 at 3w5d ... seems to be roughly within the normal range! I know the big question is whether it will rise within three days. But it's nice to see those numbers.

I'm still feeling nervous though. No nausea, no queasiness, no cramping today. Except for being a little sleepy, I don't feel pregnant at all! Just totally normal. Hoping that's not a bad sign.

Try not to worry too much about lack of symptoms, as you can see from my previous post I've had an early scan and saw the heartbeat.. I don't feel pregnant at all! I'm tired all the time and I get nausea if I haven't eaten, but besides that absolutely nothing, I actually keep forgetting I'm pregnant 😂 I dread to think how tired we all be when we are heavily pregnant and running round after the little ones!

thank you ladies for the positive vibes! Well today was better. We decided to do the move as soon as we can to get it out of the way and I am feeling better now that at least we have an action plan :) I also cooked delicious food (cannelloni with spinach and sour cream in the over. Oh yeah, and tons of cheese) and was also considering a piece of tiramisu when The Toddler approached:
Toddler: "I want a bite"
Me: Sorry, it has coffee in it and a bit of chocolate and alcohol so it's not good for kids.
Toddler: MOOooooom! You can't eat it either! There is a baby in your belly.
Me: (leaves the spoon down, whispers to husband "I think we are raising an evil genius").

I loved reading the reaction of your little one toddmommy :D When we told ours, she was really really excited and she was with us at the early scan too, but when she asked how big is baby and we told her like a grape, she was not impressed :/ She keeps doing this pretend game though, that she pretends to take milk from my breast with a spoon (she is breastfed still) and puts it on my belly button, for the baby to eat :D I tried explaining the whole umbilical cord thing but at 2years 4 months she didn't really get it :D

Hi all. So I have a question. Morning sickness is just starting. I have a 2 year old dd and I am a sahm. How do take care of her and play with her when morning sickness is hitting hard? I had really bad morning sickness last time too but was able to stay in bed and rest a lot. I am not sure how to deal with it this time. Thank you. Also, I do have my first appointment tomorrow so hoping to ask the doctor also.

Schultzie.
All you can really do is play when you feel well. This will pass eventually but for now, i let mine play educational games on the leap pad, tablet or he watches a little too much tv. This allows me much needed rest! And i refuse to feel guilty about it! Do what you have to do to get through the day :)

I also play when I feel well ... and read her lots of books. :D

May I join? Just got my bfp. My son is only going to be 17 months when this baby is due.

First appointment was yesterday. Today I ended up in the E.R. getting some fluids and medicine to help with the vomiting. First trimester so not my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->