• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Casey - I agree, that is not a legitimate reason at ALL for firing your OH! :nope: Did they give him any other reason? I would fight that if I were him! :growlmad:

BB - I hope your little man feels better really soon! :hugs:

Congrats to new mummy's

And casey i would def get him to fight that one hun, thats not a proper reason to fire someone so the company are breaking the law

Congratulations to all new Mummies!! I hope you're enjoying every minute! :hugs:

Casey - I agree with everyone else, your OH's work have been totally unfair and I would fight it all the way :hugs:

So.... if anyone is bored or has a spare 5/10mins, I've put my birth story up: https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...3270-my-birth-story-hectic-first-3-weeks.html

I've put 5 pics on there, but here are a couple more :D

Attachments

• DSC05534.jpg
    DSC05534.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC05579.jpg
    DSC05579.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2
Aww she is gorgeous Going_Crazy!! What a strong little girl! :hugs:

Aww she is gorgeous Going_Crazy!! What a strong little girl! :hugs:

Thanks hun!

I really cannot believe you haven't had your LO yet :hugs: I'm sure she will be here very soon and I can't wait to see your birth story and pics! xxxxxx

Thanks - I cannot believe she isn't here yet either. :( My first was 5 days late, and I'm going on 7 days late! :shock: It makes no sense to me. :nope: My cycles were very regular and my ultrasounds were bang on... so she just doesn't want to come out!
I am going insane though! :( Either way, induction is Friday/Saturday but I really wanted to avoid that.

I assume you've tried everything :D
She is obviously far too comfy in there......! xx

Well, almost everything. I havent tried castor oil because that makes me nervous... but I've tried sex, pumping for nipple stimulation, RLT every night, EPO capsules, walking, spicy food, bouncing up and down... I don't know what else to try! :(

I don't think you should try castor oil as some people say it can be dangerous??

I can't suggest anything I'm afraid :( I used my birthing ball to bounce on a couple of days before I went into labour but I don't know if that helped or it was just a coincidence!

xxxx

Yeah the castor oil can make the baby poop inside of you which can be dangerous. :(

I've tried bouncing, but I don't have a ball so I've tried it on the bed or couch. :haha: And I don't do it long because I'm too sore. :(

MommyKC - I really feel for you, week 41 was when I went mad with waiting!!!! I also tried pretty much everything but nothing worked until he decided to come (on the morning of my induction which I ended up having anyway as he got stuck!). All I can say is hang on in there & you don't have long to wait now.

Congratulations to all new Mummies!! I hope you're enjoying every minute! :hugs:

Casey - I agree with everyone else, your OH's work have been totally unfair and I would fight it all the way :hugs:

So.... if anyone is bored or has a spare 5/10mins, I've put my birth story up: https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...3270-my-birth-story-hectic-first-3-weeks.html

I've put 5 pics on there, but here are a couple more :D

Awwww going_crazy, your little girl is absolutely gorgeous, adorable :flower: How is she doing now? xx

I think I've caught a bit of the baby blues... I've cried the past two nights. I have no idea why! I guess its just soooo much change being a first time mom... hopefully this all passes soon.

:hugs: stoneswife
i've had a few cries myself. i never expected parenthood to be so hard, but i wouldn't change him for the world.
x

I love my LO to pieces but I feel so guilty in saying I don't enjoy every minute of mommyhood...

SW were you in a nursing marathon when it happened? I've cried one night terribly, and I didn't think about it at the time, but Autumn had been cluster feeding for hooouuurrssss.
Someone reminded me that nursing releases big time hormones and they wondered how I made it through it. A light bulb went off and thats definitely what it was!

And for sure it'll pass soon, I wasnt enjoying it all the time either, but just the past couple days have gotten way easier, and it'll only get better!

Im enhjoying motherhood, but i keep getting emotional at the thought of waiting 6years for another baby :( Also even thought i love being a mum i keep thinking im not doing things right :( Just hope it dont get worse as PND runs in my family :(

No I've been so lucky my LO's "cluster feeds" seem to be few and far between and are still an hour apart. Which is another reason I don't get why I cry a lot... I have a good baby!

I am feeling better though (at this particular moment). Had a good cry, took Athena to her 2 week check up (she's up to 8.8lbs!!! Was 7.11lbs last Thursday), had a piece of chocolate cake, and have decided to talk with hubby about introducing one bottle a night so I can have a break!

Autumn will take a bottle no problem, I think we did it 2-3 times when my mom was here. I don't have much patience to pump though. =( I'd love for my OH to give her one feeding in the evening though so he can feel more involved.
Maybe after her next growth spurt I'll get more supply and the pumping will go faster. :shrug:

Yay for chocolate cake! I have a whole one in my fridge from OH's birthday. lol

Yeah my DH would love to be more involved and I would like a small break! I'm just afraid she won't want me anymore! But she took a paci with no problem and the doctor thinks she'll have no issues with nipple confusion, especially if I'm not the one feeding her with a bottle. Today really has been better! Another good thing- her umbillical cord fell off so we'll be giving her her first bath tonight! Her dad has been looking forward to this since her birth! This will help make him feel more involved for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->