• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Oh you're lucky he wants to bath her! My OH is scared of Autumn, like shes going to break in half any second. lol
If she will take a soother I'm sure you'll have no trouble with a bottle. :thumbup:

How come you waited for it to fall off? We bathed Tristan early on.

Aurora that makes so much sense, I've cried a few times and it's been after cluster feeding!! I never noticed until you said :)

Tristan seems a bit better today, he is at least letting me put him down and sleeping is getting better! He's getting good at getting poo EVERYWHERE too :rofl:

I don't know why but here in the US (from what I know) they tell you to wait till it falls off to bathe them... don't know why...

The bath went amazing! She was falling asleep! She was so relaxed!

And her first bottle went great too!! Took to it like a natural and drank 3 ounces!! And hasn't had a bit of trouble with the boob today so I'm super excited!

Aurora- I've been really lucky as my DH loves being invovled with EVERYTHING! He even got up and rocked her to sleep at 5am this morning even though he had to get up at 630... He's the best!

BB- Glad Tristan is letting you put him down today! And glad to hear sleeping is getting better too! As for the poo, it must come natural to all infants! lol

hiya, Leo was weighed today & is now 9lb. He's put on 9oz in 1wk!!!! Flippin eck! I'm so proud of him. We were discharged from the midwife as well. It feels like he's no longer a little baby!

Oh SW..so lucky, what a lovely DH. Mine took Autumn while I showered this morning and didn't look too stressed out. I know he'll be more involved as she gets bigger. He is 6'5 with these massive hands so shes super tiny to him. lol

Oh that's probably why... he feels like a giant compared to her!! lol He'll be more invovled when she gets bigger... Just wait till she starts laughing- then he won't put her down!

Hi ladies, hope everyone and their bubs are well :flower: My little one is completely choked up with the cold :( It's awful seeing her suffer with it, especially being so small. We bought her some saline drops for her nose and they seem to be alleviating it a little. Just feel so sorry for her, wish I could have the cold for her :( She is still very happy when awake, sleeping well etc so it doesn't seem to be bothering her too much but hope it clears soon. xx

Hello ladies!

Serenity, I'm sorry to hear your baby is ill. :( I know it must be tough. I'm always scared to death of when my baby is going to get ill for the first time. :S Hope she feels better soon!

I'm trying to play catch up on this thread... I have 12 pages to read :haha:
We'll see how many pages my baby girl will let me read before she wakes up.

It stinks that my internet got cut off the day I went into labor, so I have to go to a cafe to get onthe internet. I need to get it hooked back up so that I can share pictures and keep up with you ladies!

Anywhos.... My baby is doing great! :D She is turning into a little chunky monkey!

But she seems to cry soo much since she's been born if someone isn't holding her when she is awake. The only way you can put her down is if she is in a deep sleep or so tired she just doesn't care anymore if you put her to sleep, but most nights in order for me to be able to put her down to sleep, I have to lay beside her and let her breast feed while she lies down. :/

She screams bloody murder when I change her diaper, or if I put her down and try to avoid picking her up. It's hard being a single mom, I can't always hold her 24/7.

I was strolling her around the store the other day and she would scream every time I put her in her in the stroller. You can imagine what I looked like trying to hold a baby, push a stroller around and buy food... I ended up not buying any food. and we went home.

But she has been sleeping a good 3-4 hours through the night. YAY! :happydance:
She used to wake every hour and a half to feed. I'm so proud of her. :)

She is already a month old! Where has the time gone! Wow... That is so crazy. :)

She can now put on the biggest smile in the world. It melts my heart! She used to just smile in her sleep, now when you give her a kissy she puts on a big gummy smile and squints her eye's. Soo precious, I love her so much. I could never imgine my life without her. I can barely leave her with my mom for more than an hour and a half before I start feeling frantic to get back to her. :S

She also get's hiccups at least once a day. She gets soo mad at them. :lol: After every hiccup, she will yell "AH" as if she is fussing at them to go away. :lol:
She is a pretty demanding baby not only to me but her hiccups. :haha: I'm taking it she is going to be a leader when she grows up. :lol:

You can also tell when she is about to sneeze. She will make a noise like "Ah-Goo" then a few seconds later sneeze. I used to think she was trying to talk, but then started to notice a sneeze after everytime she would say it. :lol:

She's also a kicker! She's probably going to be a soccer player! Lol, she nearly kicked me off the bed last nightwhen I was trying to change her diaper. :haha: Her legs are so strong, if I hold her up, and if she's in the mood, she can hold her weight when I hold her up on the bed. I joked with my fiance and said she was going to be able to walk before she can crawl.

She absolutely HATES tummy time. She will work herself up so much in less than 5 minutes to a howling scream and end up turning herself over onto her side. So we don't get to do much tummy time. :/
But she loves being up on her feet! The first day we learned she could hold her weight, she wouldn't even let me put her in the sitting position. I had to hold her up on her feet. :lol: I guess she enjoyed her new found skill.

Even though it is exhausting, it is a real joy and exciting having a baby. You never know what they are going to do next. :)

Well I can't wait to read these 12 pages to see how all of you ladies and your babies are doing! :D :happydance:

Hello ladies!

Serenity, I'm sorry to hear your baby is ill. :( I know it must be tough. I'm always scared to death of when my baby is going to get ill for the first time. :S Hope she feels better soon!

I'm trying to play catch up on this thread... I have 12 pages to read :haha:
We'll see how many pages my baby girl will let me read before she wakes up.

It stinks that my internet got cut off the day I went into labor, so I have to go to a cafe to get onthe internet. I need to get it hooked back up so that I can share pictures and keep up with you ladies!

Anywhos.... My baby is doing great! :D She is turning into a little chunky monkey!

But she seems to cry soo much since she's been born if someone isn't holding her when she is awake. The only way you can put her down is if she is in a deep sleep or so tired she just doesn't care anymore if you put her to sleep, but most nights in order for me to be able to put her down to sleep, I have to lay beside her and let her breast feed while she lies down. :/She screams bloody murder when I change her diaper, or if I put her down and try to avoid picking her up. It's hard being a single mom, I can't always hold her 24/7.

I was strolling her around the store the other day and she would scream every time I put her in her in the stroller. You can imagine what I looked like trying to hold a baby, push a stroller around and buy food... I ended up not buying any food. and we went home.

But she has been sleeping a good 3-4 hours through the night. YAY! :happydance:
She used to wake every hour and a half to feed. I'm so proud of her. :)

She is already a month old! Where has the time gone! Wow... That is so crazy. :)

She can now put on the biggest smile in the world. It melts my heart! She used to just smile in her sleep, now when you give her a kissy she puts on a big gummy smile and squints her eye's. Soo precious, I love her so much. I could never imgine my life without her. I can barely leave her with my mom for more than an hour and a half before I start feeling frantic to get back to her. :S

She also get's hiccups at least once a day. She gets soo mad at them. :lol: After every hiccup, she will yell "AH" as if she is fussing at them to go away. :lol:
She is a pretty demanding baby not only to me but her hiccups. :haha: I'm taking it she is going to be a leader when she grows up. :lol:

You can also tell when she is about to sneeze. She will make a noise like "Ah-Goo" then a few seconds later sneeze. I used to think she was trying to talk, but then started to notice a sneeze after everytime she would say it. :lol:

She's also a kicker! She's probably going to be a soccer player! Lol, she nearly kicked me off the bed last nightwhen I was trying to change her diaper. :haha: Her legs are so strong, if I hold her up, and if she's in the mood, she can hold her weight when I hold her up on the bed. I joked with my fiance and said she was going to be able to walk before she can crawl.

She absolutely HATES tummy time. She will work herself up so much in less than 5 minutes to a howling scream and end up turning herself over onto her side. So we don't get to do much tummy time. :/
But she loves being up on her feet! The first day we learned she could hold her weight, she wouldn't even let me put her in the sitting position. I had to hold her up on her feet. :lol: I guess she enjoyed her new found skill.

Even though it is exhausting, it is a real joy and exciting having a baby. You never know what they are going to do next. :)

Well I can't wait to read these 12 pages to see how all of you ladies and your babies are doing! :D :happydance:

My little one is exactly the same, she just loves being held which means lots of cuddle time but no time for much else :haha: She is fine while we are outside but in the house she just wants to be close to me. We are definetely going to buy a sling so as I can carry her around while doing things around the house. Was meant to buy one weeks ago but haven't got round to it yet :blush:
You are right, having a baby is a real joy and watching them reach all their milestones is the most amazing feeling in the world. Time goes by waaaaayyy too fast though, my little one will be 6 weeks old tomorrow :wacko: Glad to hear that everything is great with you xx

I guess I can join you guys now - won't have too much time to post though, at least not for now, hehe!

YAY jules i kept popping in to see if you had popped yet as i know you were one of the last ones well congrats she is beuatiful :) welcome xx

So i know i have been a bit lazy but i took lewis out for his first walk today after 2 weeks hehe and he LOVED it , he was asleep the whole time and i didnt want to go back home lol i was dreading it because of his colic and he can be quite screamy:cloud9: my scar from section got a bit sore pushing the pushchair though :growlmad: i wish it would bugger off i want to get back to normal !!

Welcome juless, and huge congratulations again. xx

Aww Steffy, I hope your scar gets better soon, I always have such admiration for ladies who have had a c-section as I imagine I would be a complete wimp if I had to have one! I was desperate to take Alexis out in her pram a.s.a.p but it was almost 2 weeks before I took her out in hers xx

I second that ^ I couldn't imagine having to deal with c section pain as well!

i hate having to deal with the section pain :( its awful. cant wait to be back to normal!

congrats juless :) just seen. shes gorgeous and i bet the heaviest october bumpkin? :lol: x

Thanks guys!! :)
I find the section pain bad as well, but luckily it's getting better. What I find is worse is that the recovery from it and the fact that I have to take pain medication to get through it makes me extra tired and woozy. I just don't feel myself yet. I want to feel normal again so I can enjoy my baby even more! I just want to sleep all the time now..

Congrats to all the new mummys!

Fin did his first proper smiles today. I was over the moon... xx

Attachments

• 36182_10150314548805338_702910337_15549508_2076637_n.jpg
    36182_10150314548805338_702910337_15549508_2076637_n.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 14
Congrats to all the new mummys!

Fin did his first proper smiles today. I was over the moon... xx

Awwww, look at him, awww bless. It is the best feeling in the world having your LO give you those big heart warming smiles........nothing beats it xx

I agree section pain is the worst! And the pain medicine doesn't help you because you're feeling so groggy! I'll be glad when mine heals as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->