• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Hope all of you ladies with section scars get better soon, you are all so much braver than me! xx

Unfortunately mine had nothing to do with bravery. After 24 hours of labor naturally and staying at 3cm I gave in to an epi and stayed at 5cm for 6 more hours and then her heart rate began to level off so it became a situation of what I had to do... But looking back the c-section wasn't that bad honestly...

I agree! The actual c-section was way less scary than I thought one would be! Plus at that point I was so incredibly happy to not feel the contractions anymore that anything else was easy to deal with in comparison. The actual surgery was just a lot of tugging and pulling and was.. well, just odd feeling! The next day was the worst part for me though, with the pain of the incision. Didn't take too long for it to start feeling better though!

Yeah, I don't think it would be the actual section itself that would worry me that much (although it is still a very scary thought) it would be the extent of the pain afterwards that I would be concerned about. Although natural labour is very painful at the time, afterwards you aren't really in that much pain (although some ladies would probably disagree with that) , just a bit of discomfort. Two of my friends recently had emergency c-sections, one said it was the worst thing ever, the pain was unimaginable and that I was lucky I've had natural births, the other said she didn't know what all the fuss was about, she didn't find it that painful and the recovery wasn't as bad as some people made out. I suppose it's like everything else, different women have different experiences and there are so many factors involved that makes everyone's experience different. It's nice to hear people's honest accounts of what it is really like as it is something I have always wondered about :hugs: xx

Yeah by the time my section came,like you Jules, I was just glad for it all to be over! My recovery wasn't too bad. The worst was having to be in the hospital bed because I had to use my abs (which had been sliced) to get in and out of bed! Ugh! But now its just a slightly annoying pain and weird numbness as the nerves and stuff start reconnecting...

I'm just glad she's here now!

Wow you ladies are brave. I had a near miss with needing a section & forceps & was soooooo glad when Leo pulled himself together & came unstuck all by himself so massive respect for you.

Leo finally managed to meet his grandpa on saturday - the last family member to see him. My dad looked well too so was a great day for all. He even managed to hold him for a good 1/2 hour - yey!

Yeh I disagree Serenity :lol: 3 Weeks on and I'm still recovering!

It seems Tristan is having another growth spurt, yesterday he just fed ALL day and then we had a bad night last night!

Health Visitor came today, Tristan has put on 20oz in 10 days!! :shock: He now weighs 8lb 2oz!! :D

How are you girls getting poo stains out of clothes?

Hey guys, how are we all doing? :D

I'm doing pretty well. Breastfeeding no longer hurts really, now I just have to get my head around weening Poppy off the shields! I'm coping with everything so much better now, I can now confidently say I love having a baby and I love being a Mum. It's so great to be able to say that and really know that I mean it! I haven't even cried in days...I feel like a normal human being again, lol. I am so, so glad I stuck it out and didn't quit.

Now, if only I could just get a bit more sleep at night I'd be set! Poppy was waking every 2 hours last night , but it wasn't so bad because she wasn't being fussy every time I put her down like she usually is. At the moment she has loads of spots all over her face, and lots of dry skin. She keeps scratching them...stupid scratch mits never stay on! My MIL has a cold as well, I'm dreading Poppy catching it. No sleep for sure then!

Here's a pic of her showing off her big brown eyes!
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/SapphireMusings/_MG_8714.jpg

I went to a baby cafe today and my local sure start centre. I'm definitely going to go next week too, it was fun! Anybody else tried going to one?

Brunettebimbo, I noticed I'm not on the front page, could you add me please? :D Poppy was born on the 19th.

I had my first morning alone with Rose while my husband went back to school. It went really well! I am absolutely loving being a mommy.. I just want to look after her the rest of my life! It's all I want to do and I feel so satisfied just taking care of her! *sigh*

Hi mummys

Finally got round to posting my birth story for those interested

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/456769-yellow-bump-birth-day-long-labour-ending-emergency-section.html

Regarding the conversation about sections, I have been pain free for a few days now even with an infection, the only thing that gets me still is I have to inject myself twice a day for 6 weeks with blood thinners after a section, havent heard of anyone else having to do this though?? all section ladies on the ward were discharged with them

xx

Is anyone else's LO fighting sleep? My LO sleeps good at night but almost blatently refususes to sleep during the day. I've just now got her to sleep (kinda, she's still peeking) after about.... scratch that she's awake! She just won't go down for a nap and cries because she's so tired and then I cry... Oh its been a day. And I have a doctors appt in about an hour and a half so I'm guessing she's going to scream through it....

I've been pretty lucky that Rose sleeps well at night, however she sometimes has trouble falling into a deep sleep. Usually it's either gas or she's still hungry (she eats like a horse! I breastfeed and suppliment with formula otherwise she screams in hunger!).

Anyone else super weepy? I know it's hormones and all mostly, but I just burst into tears when I look at Rosalina and realize she's mine forever and I feel so lucky! I cry when I think of her, when I look at her.. I'm a big blubbery mess!

Hi mummys

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/456769-yellow-bump-birth-day-long-labour-ending-emergency-section.html

Regarding the conversation about sections, I have been pain free for a few days now even with an infection, the only thing that gets me still is I have to inject myself twice a day for 6 weeks with blood thinners after a section, havent heard of anyone else having to do this though?? all section ladies on the ward were discharged with them

xx

Is it Clexane you have? I didn't have a section, but I did need to go to theatre because I had a retained placenta and needed a manual removal, which meant that I had to have a strong epidural and that I was in bed unable to move for awhile. I also lost a litre of blood, and they said both of these things put me at risk of having blood clots. They like you to get up and get moving immediately to stop the blood from sitting around and clotting. My husband had to inject me in the arm for a few days once I got home, because they like to to have a full course of the drug.

Stoneswife, I'm finding Poppy is like that lately! Come 8amish, she just won't go back to sleep and we end up having to get up because she gets bored just lying in her moses basket! She has long periods during the day where she's awake and alert for hours and will get quite annoyed if I try to get her to sleep. Hopefully your baby will be well behaved and sleep through your appointment!

Juless, hell yes, I've been awfully hormonal and would hysterically cry and have no reason why! I've managed to go the last 3 days without crying even once and consider it a huge achievement, lol.

If anyone LO is struggling with gas I recommend bio gio. Its a probiotic that you can get at a pharmacy. Works wonders with the digestive system.

my baby doesn't have gas until in the mornings??? I wonder if it has anything to do with her breast feeding while we ly down and sleep??? It;s only the morning time when she gets it. She'll grunt and curl her legs up for a good hour as if she is constipated?? anyone elses baby only get this in the morning?

Other than that she's been sleeping pretty well at night, but she does have her random moments when she feels she wants to get in a fist fight with my boob. :haha:
She'll keep punching it, kicking her legs and moving her head back and forth as if she can';t find it, even though it's in her mouth! :lol:

She never really has had problems breast feeding before. I just think she gets over excited. :haha:

Hope everyone else is doing well and recovering well! :)

Hi mummys

xx

Is it Clexane you have? I didn't have a section, but I did need to go to theatre because I had a retained placenta and needed a manual removal, which meant that I had to have a strong epidural and that I was in bed unable to move for awhile. I also lost a litre of blood, and they said both of these things put me at risk of having blood clots. They like you to get up and get moving immediately to stop the blood from sitting around and clotting. My husband had to inject me in the arm for a few days once I got home, because they like to to have a full course of the drug.

Yes its Clexane, I dont understand it though, especially taking them twice a day for 6 weeks! as im up and about and walking every day, I could understand if I was immobile.
They were doing it into my arm in the hospital but it gives me horrific bruises so I do it into my leg now, its not nice is it

x

LilDreamy Tristan does that too, he then moves his head away and screams at me as if it was me that made him unlatch :rofl:

Rose definitely does that fighting the nipple thing.. and she likes to grab my nipple too and grab at my shirt, pull my glasses off my face, lol! She gets veeery worked up when she feels hungry at all and it takes a few minutes to get her to latch! Rose gets gassy like that at night, wish it was the morning as it takes me a good 2 hours to get her to go back to sleep when she's like that and it's always in the middle of the night when I'm half asleep! I'll look for that digestive stuff today!

Ooo i will deffinatley try the bio gio if we can get it over here lewis has colic so really struggles to bring wind up which makes him scream for hours on end so frustrating seeing him like that and not being able to help !

I had some injections when i was discharged from hospital but midwife came and injected them into my belly :S i dont think i could have done it on my own im squeemish ! but pain is deffinatley going from my section now and healing well so it doesnt last forever ladies :) its killing me not to do too much though i want to go back to the gym lol !

You want to go to the gym already? :shock: My gosh, I'm loving being lazy and being a Mummy and not much else at the moment! :rofl: I'll worry about my figure after Christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->