• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Congratulations Steffy, I am still getting woken every 2 to three hours during the night but that's an improvement from when we first brought her home. I think my body was preparing for this while I was pregnant because the last couple of months of my pregnancy I hardly slept at all. Infact I think I am getting more sleep now than I was when pregnant

Honeybun, my LO really didnt like her moses basket either. She would sleep in her chair, her pram.....anywhere but her moses basket but she has improved. The midwife told me to put something that smelled of me into her basket, such as a t-shirt, pyjama top, you could maybe try that and see how you get on

BB so sorry to here Tristan is poorly, really hope he gets better soon. It's horrible when they are poorly and there isn't much you can do for them, and thanks for your congrats :)

Welcome Trulymadly, and huge congratulations on your baby girl and what a beautiful name

xxx

Congratulations Steffy, I am still getting woken every 2 to three hours during the night but that's an improvement from when we first brought her home. I think my body was preparing for this while I was pregnant because the last couple of months of my pregnancy I hardly slept at all. Infact I think I am getting more sleep now than I was when pregnant

I feel that way right now. :( I get up every 1.5-2 hours all night long, and I lay there for what feels like the rest of it... just staring at the ceiling. I confess most of it is probably my fault because I just lay there, waiting and hoping something will happen!!! And my hips hurt so bad, I cannot get comfortable. Even with the feeds every 2-3 hours... I'm looking forward to getting my body back! I feel so tired! Come ON baby! My first was 5 days late... how is it possible my second will be just as late, or later???? :dohh:

Trulymadly... Wow 15 days late??? Some of these little monkeys just don't want to come out! :haha: Congratulations!!! :)

I feel that way right now. :( I get up every 1.5-2 hours all night long, and I lay there for what feels like the rest of it... just staring at the ceiling. I confess most of it is probably my fault because I just lay there, waiting and hoping something will happen!!! And my hips hurt so bad, I cannot get comfortable. Even with the feeds every 2-3 hours... I'm looking forward to getting my body back! I feel so tired! Come ON baby! My first was 5 days late... how is it possible my second will be just as late, or later???? :dohh:

Trulymadly... Wow 15 days late??? Some of these little monkeys just don't want to come out! :haha: Congratulations!!! :)

That was exactly how I was, I would lie there for hours wanting to smother my OH with a pillow because he was lying next to me in a lovely deep sleep and snoring :haha: I couldn't get comfortable, my legs etc were all aching and I was absolutely exhausted during the daytime. I was even saying to my sister that the tiredness I am feeling now is nothing as severe as the tiredness I felt while pregnant. I really hope that you go into labour soon as I remember how desparate I felt with my third child, he was two weeks overdue and I was begging the midwife to induce me by the end of those two weeks. Your LO must be so comfy and cosy in there that she doesn't want to come out! Sending you some hugs, hope things start for you soon :hugs: xxx

Im joining in on this thread too, Cooper born 26th Oct 3hrs 14min labour!! His perfec, only wakes at 3am and 5am Im soooooo lucky!!! And ive only heard him cry a handful of times yay :happydance:

Ohh what I was meant to say is can someone give me some tips on burping, how long do I do it for? and does he actually have to burp?

Ohh what I was meant to say is can someone give me some tips on burping, how long do I do it for? and does he actually have to burp?

When i went to a labour and parenting course the MW said do it for a few mins and if they dont give you anything unless its ovious they have wind (rolling eyes and looking like they are smiling) then dont keep trying. This is especially the case if they are brestfed as they normally have less wind.

I always try to burp Chloe for a few mins each time and if she doesnt give anything up i just leave her.

Chloe is 3weeks old today :D had her weighed yesterday and she was 10lbs :D

congrats truly madly. You must have been going insane - I know I was at 14days late! Now you can enjoy being a mummy :)

Congratulations mummyconfused on the birth of Cooper. I absolutely loved that name when I was pregnant and if we were expecting a boy that was what we were going to call him.
Alexis is actually smiling properly now :happydance: It's the most amazing feeling when I go to pick her up from her moses basket in the morning and she gives me these huge smiles and she's making loads of oooooo and aaaaa noises aswell, so so cute. I am off for my 6 week postnatal check this afternoon, can't believe it's been almost 6 weeks since I gave birth, the time has gone way too quick. Hope everyone else is well today, hope Tristan is doing better today BB :hugs: xx

He's coughing and sneezing but I've managed to put him in his bouncer whilst I eat!
Last night I had to cuddle him most of the night because he didn't want to be put down :(

Thanks ladies that has made me feel better knowing other people are getting just as little sleep:haha:

BB :hugs: hope he feels better soon i am dreading the first time lewis is ill everyone around me seems to have colds so they are on a ban from seeing him !

Congrats new mommys :flower:

I cant belive lewis is over a week old :wacko: i can sooo understand why people tell you t:wacko:o enjoy them while you can time is flying by !!

As for winding i have been having a nightmare trying to get him to bring some up hes constantly smiling and pulling faces but he just doesnt seem to like bringing any up ! , i end up having to put him down to sleep anyway and then all i hear from his basket is little farts all night:haha: i have tried infacol but it doesnt agree with him and he vomits loads when he has it :coffee:

xx

Thanks ladies that has made me feel better knowing other people are getting just as little sleep:haha:

BB :hugs: hope he feels better soon i am dreading the first time lewis is ill everyone around me seems to have colds so they are on a ban from seeing him !

Congrats new mommys :flower:

I cant belive lewis is over a week old :wacko: i can sooo understand why people tell you t:wacko:o enjoy them while you can time is flying by !!

As for winding i have been having a nightmare trying to get him to bring some up hes constantly smiling and pulling faces but he just doesnt seem to like bringing any up ! , i end up having to put him down to sleep anyway and then all i hear from his basket is little farts all night:haha: i have tried infacol but it doesnt agree with him and he vomits loads when he has it :coffee:

xx

Have you tried gripe water, you have to be careful to only give them the tiniest of bits but people say that works well

Hmm i went and got some gripe water yesterday but OH seems to think you cant give it to newborns i never actually read the label so im not sure but i will make sure now :) thanks x

Added some pictures of my gorgeous boy - https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-journals/441804-brunettebimbos-parenting-journal-4.html :D

Steffy have you tried winding him over your shoulder?

Yeah he hates it ! lol everyone keeps saying how strong he is for his age as he can keep his head up for a good 20 secs already and he just fights it to the end lil monster !

Yeh so does Tristan! Little monkeys! :lol:

Sat up on your knee? Roll him around sat up IYKWIM?

Yeah he hates it ! lol everyone keeps saying how strong he is for his age as he can keep his head up for a good 20 secs already and he just fights it to the end lil monster !

Chloe does that as well especially when we are having cuddles. then she trys to heabutt my chest but she getsannoyed if you hold her neck/head

yep same here lol ....i was thinking of trying the dr browns bottles as there meant to be good for windy babies arnt they any of you tried them ?

BB yep tried that too he just gets so mad i end up stopping coz i feel bad lol , i read on the net lying them down and moving there legs like theyre riding a bike helps and it does to a certain extent

I think over there you guys don't have the alcohol free fripe water, thats why they say you can't give it till after a month old. =\

He's coughing and sneezing but I've managed to put him in his bouncer whilst I eat!
Last night I had to cuddle him most of the night because he didn't want to be put down :(

Awww poor little soul, hopefully he'll start improving over the next couple of days :flower:

I had my postnatal check today and everything is absolutely fine, I was in and out in five minutes so that's that done. I'm not looking forward to a couple of weeks time though when Alexis has to go for her first immunisations :(

Sorry Steffy I have no experience of those bottles either as I am also breastfeeding but I have heard they are good. Here is a link to some reviews of the bottles: https://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/reviews/product.asp?id=754

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->