• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Well the thought is nice but if i actually went it would be a diff story:haha: im so tired at the mo i would fall asleep on the treadmill lol ! I think im just getting frustrated looking at my jelly belly knowing i cant do anything about it until after xmas but yeah i agree christmas dinner is to be got out the way before diets are even thought about !

SW I'm there with you on the fighting sleep thing. soon as she starts to drift off she starts kicking her feet and fighting it. It's making it hard to put her in her own bed now too as her sleep isn't deep enough. I keep contemplating formula top ups but it'll definitely be beyond a last resort. Already yesterday was better so I hope she's getting over it. I talked to my friend with a 6 week old and he did all ghe same things at this point so that was reassuring! Hope it gets easier fir you too.

I do have to supplement my breastmilk with formula, but only because she was screaming in hunger... even after feeding her for hours. She's such a big baby I guess my milk isn't satisfying her enough. Even with it though she's eating like a horse!

Well today seems to be better except she's slept pretty much all day! So now I'm hoping she still sleeps tonight... I'm wondering if she has a cold as her poor little nose is stuffy and maybe thats what is making her sleep schedule odd...

Well today seems to be better except she's slept pretty much all day! So now I'm hoping she still sleeps tonight... I'm wondering if she has a cold as her poor little nose is stuffy and maybe thats what is making her sleep schedule odd...

My little one still has the cold :( and it has definetely affected her sleep pattern. She is still sleeping very well at nights but during the day is when her nose seems to get really blocked up and when she drifts off to sleep within a couple of minutes you can hear her snuffling and snorting and then she is awake. I phoned the doctor again and he said I was doing all I can do for her; we're using the saline drops for her nose and making sure she is getting plenty of feeds. I've stood in the bathroom with her with the shower on in the hope that it clears her nose and it does seem that her nose is running more rather than blocking up, so hopefully her cold is coming to an end xx

You want to go to the gym already? :shock: My gosh, I'm loving being lazy and being a Mummy and not much else at the moment! :rofl: I'll worry about my figure after Christmas!

Ha ha, me too. My sister is pregnant at the moment (25 weeks) and she is horrified that she's put on 2 stone already, she's already talking about what she is going to be doing after the birth to get back in shape. Me....I don't get it :shrug: the weight thing doesn't bother me. I am slowly losing weight, I noticed I've dropped a bit each week since I had Alexis but that's only because my clothes are getting looser. I am waaayyy to busy to do anything about it even if it did bother me :haha: xx

PreggyEggy, I had a manual placenta removal after the birth of my first son and it wasn't a very pleasant experience :hugs: I am so glad it has never happened again after any of my other deliveries, although I hemorraged this time which wasn't pleasant either! xx

You want to go to the gym already? :shock: My gosh, I'm loving being lazy and being a Mummy and not much else at the moment! :rofl: I'll worry about my figure after Christmas!

me too! Although I'm a bridesmaid in march so maybe I should start now . . .

Leo grabs onto my arm in the bath - anyone else's LO's doing this? It's so cute.

Hello all,

How are you all doing? I've had a tough few days with Fin not sleeping well etc but last night was much better (yay).

I feel a bit bummed out because I am itching to get back into shape. I had no concerns when pregnant but already I'm getting really down about my size. I have about 2.5 stone to lose... which I know isn't a huge amount but to get it off I know from experience I need to hit the gym hard and my Drs wont see me until 8(!!!) weeks as that's their policy. I hate the idea of another 4 weeks feeling crappy before I can kick it hard with the weight loss.. also means I'll feel like a fat, ugly flump at the Xmas parties :(

I think I'm finding it so hard because I spent so long losing weight in the year or so before I fell PG and had finally reached a place I was happy with. When I was pregnant it was a different kind of weight gain but now I just see a bigger me again :( I lost 6 stone before though so I know I can do it this time... it's just being allowed to exercise.

Attached is a before after pic of my weightloss before. Figure if anyone else is feeling like I am that it might help to see a success story... even though that was before pregnancy. Oh and one of FInlay bear... he wanted to say hello lol xx

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 6824_287549775337_702910337_9031741_7663440_n.jpg
    6824_287549775337_702910337_9031741_7663440_n.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 13
Hi all,

I've finally got round to posting my birth story if anyone wants to read it :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/458351-birth-story-jasmine-emily.html

Will try and catch up with everyone shortly :)

Dohhhh :dohh: only just found this thread!!! Hope everyones ok :) x

Hello all,

How are you all doing? I've had a tough few days with Fin not sleeping well etc but last night was much better (yay).

I feel a bit bummed out because I am itching to get back into shape. I had no concerns when pregnant but already I'm getting really down about my size. I have about 2.5 stone to lose... which I know isn't a huge amount but to get it off I know from experience I need to hit the gym hard and my Drs wont see me until 8(!!!) weeks as that's their policy. I hate the idea of another 4 weeks feeling crappy before I can kick it hard with the weight loss.. also means I'll feel like a fat, ugly flump at the Xmas parties :(

I think I'm finding it so hard because I spent so long losing weight in the year or so before I fell PG and had finally reached a place I was happy with. When I was pregnant it was a different kind of weight gain but now I just see a bigger me again :( I lost 6 stone before though so I know I can do it this time... it's just being allowed to exercise.

Attached is a before after pic of my weightloss before. Figure if anyone else is feeling like I am that it might help to see a success story... even though that was before pregnancy. Oh and one of FInlay bear... he wanted to say hello lol xx

WOW hun well done for losing 6 stone, thats amazing!!! I know what u mean about wanting to get back to being you, I do too :( I'm back to my pre-preg weight as thankfully, didn't gain much at all but I wanted to lose weight badly before! You must have some serious motivation!! That's my downfall - I don't :nope: but I really want to do it this time! Did you do it through exercise and eating healthily alone? Or did u follow any plans etc? x

KV I love your new signature!! :D

I know what you mean about feeling crappy but I just haven't got the time or energy at the moment so that's why I am waiting until after Christmas. I'm a Matron of Honour a year tomorrow so I need to get into shape!

I've noticed though I am gradually losing the weight and I guess that's down to BF, I was 12 stone 5lb just before I had Tristan and straight after I was 11stone 10lb and it has gradually gone down over the last 3 weeks, yesterday I was 10stone 7lb so I want to lose about another stone or just over that!

Has anyone found a way to get their baby to sleep longer at night? Tristan is waking every 2 hours and then it can take me an hour to sort him out and put him back to bed!

Well done on the weight loss front KV that's amazing. Oh and how cute is Finlay Bear, just gorgeous.

BB i'm having similar probs with Sophia she is great in the day but terrible at night. She hates being put down and just cluster feeeds and falls asleep but won't stay asleep when we put her down. Sometimes she'll do 1-2.5 hrs but a lot of the time she'll do 30-45 mins. Each time she wakes it can take 1-3 hrs to settle her back again. Hope there are some answers for us. My daughter Bella was similar but once she did settle she would do a chunk of 4-5 hrs, but then again she wasn't a daytime sleeper so maybe that was why.

We've finally been signed off by the midwife as Sophia is now back up to her birth weight and her poos are now a proper colour, no longer the spinach green I reported the other day! We are also making progress on the breastfeeding front as although my cracked nipples aren't healed, the midwife got me expressing off the worst boob tail end of last week and now only feeding off the left side where its less painful. I am finally healing so hoping to go back to fully breastfeeding on both sides next week as its getting to be a logistical nightmare finding time to express 5 times a day on top of the feeding and looking after my 3 yr old!

I have only just got around to starting a pregnancy journal (link in sig) and writing my birth story. https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-sto...s-overdue.html

xxx

BB did you get some answers on the uploading pics front as i'm still having probs?

Thanks.

x

Can someone update me I'm not on the front page I had my son Avery James on October 19th.

Added you :)

Can you girls look at this please? https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/459219-interacting-your-newborn.html

What a night last night!! Nights just seem to be getting worse!

This was our night -

Slept 10 - 12
Up 12 - 1.30
Slept 1.30 - 3
Up 3 - 5
Slept 5 - 6.40
Up 6.40 - 7.20
Slept 7.20 - 8
Up 8 - 8.40
Slept 8.40 - 10

:(

BB - that was quite a night!!! I wonder if he's having a growth spurt? Did he feed each time? Leo's had a couple of nights like that but then he went back to sleeping for 3hrs at a time so hopefully tonight will be a different story.

We're both doing well, I had some friends visit me the other day & it really cheered me up! I can't believe that he's going to be 4 weeks old tomorrow - where has the last 4 weeks gone? It seems crazy. Gone so quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->