****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

I can't believe it, a woman I used to work with who retired has just sent us a huge box of baby stuff for Tristan! She's bought him loads bless her! :)

Oh ouch BB, that's bad! :( Hope it clears up quickly for you.

How is everyone? I'm doing pretty great. I can't believe Poppy is a month old now. She's outgrown a lot of her newborn vests and sleep suits. Makes me teary! Good excuse to go spend money though, hehe.

I think I've finally cracked breastfeeding. :D Poppy suddenly seemed to start sucking better, and now feeds don't hurt, they only take about 10 minutes, and she seems nice and satisfied every time. I'm so glad!

She's sleeping great too. The night before last she only woke up twice! We got her settled at 12am, and she slept through till 5! Then she slept till 9, it was lovely! I'm sure she would have been great last night too, but we were traveling from my families' house in Wales to Tim's house here, and only got in at 2am (thanks to some car trouble, lol).

I have to ask, what time does everybody try and get their babies settled for the night? It's only recently occurred to me that 11/12 is pretty late...but I can't imagine putting her down earlier...she's usually awake in the evening, and she already decides that she's up for the day between 8/9am. I'd hate for her to start staying awake earlier!

I'm starting to get smiles and coos too! :D I'm trying to grab a picture of one, but I never get it in time haha. Here's a different picture of her looking cute though.

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs591.ash2/154346_10150305000650707_769490706_15671227_6827443_n.jpg

Little cutie!! :)

Tristan is really grumpy if he isn't in bed by 9pm and it seems to unsettle the next day too!
We try and bath him between 7 and 8 and then feed him and put him to bed.

I've had to put some of Tristan's clothes away aswell, it's horrible :( He's still in First Size though and he has some Newborn stuff. It's the Tiny Baby things he has grown out of!

We gave him a dummy last night, we've tried before but they just slipped out, I read on here that the MAM dummies are silk teats so they stay in better. I bought some of them and he loves them!! :) Much more settled!

Attachments

• P221110_20.24.jpg
    P221110_20.24.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo-0122.jpg
    Photo-0122.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 6
  • P231110_10.08.jpg
    P231110_10.08.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 5
That's brilliant news Laura! So glad :D

Tristan seems to be doing better, we are back at the doctors today for a check up as he has been a bit unsettled, think he has bellyache. Started him on Infacol tomorrow and by god the amount of wind that he released was amazing! Poor boy, no wonder he was unsettled!

I've got another infection on my episiotomy! :( It's not sore but it's not nice!

How are you and Shae?

Oh poor triatian, glad he is better now though. And ouch on the infection, its never ending isnt it :(
We are great. Shae has had a bit of a cold and hasnt been his smiley self for a few days but seems to be on the mend. Got him some nasal spray but waitin for phil to get home before i try it. He has only just started taking a dummy the same as tristian. Only ones he will take are the advent ones from asda (the most expensive ones) typical. lol.
You little man is gorgeous he really is.

xxx

Awwwww, Tristan is so cute! I love the outfit he's in in the last pic, and the look on his face! Priceless, hehe.

Quick edit: I've made a gallery thread! https://www.babyandbump.com/photo-gallery/469595-my-little-lollypop.html

Aww such cute babies ladies! :cloud9:

PreggyEggy, I start my bedtime routine for Alora around 6:30pm (bath) but don't try to get her down for the night until 9:30-10pm and she usually doesn't fall asleep until close to 11pm. But that's normal right now, since she doesn't sleep through the night at ALL so it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway when I put her down. I've tried feeding her earlier but she still stays awake until 11pm or so, thats just her fussy period I think and she just doesn't want to go sleep earlier. Around 3 months it should start getting easier... at least that's when it did with my first daughter. :shrug:

I haven't been really trying to get Rose on a schedule yet, I hope I'm not doing anything wrong! I've just been going with her on when she's hungry, sleepy, etc. She seems to be sleepy most of the day and awake from 11pm - 5am. She spends most of that time grunting to have her daily poop (usually that arrives around 3am). I hope eventually we can get her on a more normal schedule, but I'm not sure how to start doing that just yet! Oh, and all of your babies are so beautiful!!! :D They are all growing so much! I just put away a bunch of clothes Rose either has already outgrown or was too big to fit in from the start! There are so many cute things that I wish she could have worn at least once... Also, am I the only one feeling bad that she has so many cute outfits but I mostly keep her in comfy sleepers? I want her to be comfortable but I hate the thought she might never wear some of the outfits she has. If we're going to visit somewhere I do put her in a cute outfit, but mainly she's in sleepers!

BB ~ sorry to hear you have another infection :( hope it gets better soon. I will maybe try the mam dummy's aswell because Alexis can't keep the tommee tippee closer to nature ones in her mouth, they just fall out. I thought it was maybe just because she was breastfed and not used to having a teat in her mouth but maybe a change of dummy will work.

PreggyEggy ~ I am the same with trying to catch Alexis smiling, as soon as I reach for the camera she's stopped.I have a few photo's but I am trying to get one of her really wide mouthed smiling, lol. I haven't started with a routine or anything yet either, I leave it to her to let me know when she is tired etc, she is slowly getting herself into her own routine of going down at the same time every night and to be honest I prefer it that way rather than me trying to force her into a routine. It's always worked for my other LO's aswell and they were all fantastic sleepers.

Alexis has grown out of ALL her 0-3 month clothes (she was 8 weeks on Sunday) I can't believe how big she has got so quickly, it's crazy. She goes for her first immunisations on Thursday and I am absolutely dreading it :(
xx

Glad the infacol's working BB, that stuff's awesome we used it with our eldest. Sorry to hear you're still suffering with your stitches.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their pics, so many gorgeous babes! Juless i'm the same rarely dress Sophia up. Main reason is because she often does a huge explosion that goes up her back and tummy, through her vest, dress etc. and she ends up in a babygro anyway for the rest of the outing, so I don't see much point! :haha:

Re routines, I usually start Sophia's around 6.30 too as take her up with Bella for bath and bed. I then try and settle her down in her moses basket but she's often too wide awake so sometimes end up abandoning it and bringing her down with us. Sometimes she will be good and sleep 8.30-10.30, have a bottle then go back down again, but other times she's awake that whole time and just goes down after a bottle around 10-11pm. Regardless of whether she sleeps well in the evening she always seems to do around the same at night, usually 11.30pm-2.30am, 3.15-5.45, 6.45-9am.

xxx

Beaniebaby, your routine sounds VERY similar to mine right now, it's scary! :haha:

Jules - Don't worry, you don't NEED a routine right now! Rose is so young, it doesn't make much of a difference. Just for me, having two kids, I NEED a routine! :haha: Or at least an attempt at one. ;) But you will want to start one around 2 months with Rose, because it's good to get her used to a schedule even if it doesn't work right away. ;) I started my first daughter with the bath, bottle, then bed routine when she was 2 months old and she was sleeping through the night by 3ish months! :D All babies are different but I think a routine definitely helps them get their days/nights straightened out.

That is what I thought Kate, I think we are still struggling because he still has night and day mixed up? :shrug:

Sorry to hear Shae isn't well Laura. Your like me, I always wait for Hubby to get home before trying out a new medicine :lol:

Went to the Doctors yesterday she is referring Tristan to a paediatrician for his reflux, she doesn't think there is anything wrong with him but would rather a baby Doctor look at him.

Wriggley what day was he born? I stopped putting the dates from the other thread on here unless specifically asked as it was time consuming especially with a newborn :lol: Let me know your details and I will add you :)

Please can you look at this girls? - https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/470277-o-t-girls-help.html#post7907397

Hope everyone is doing well i cant beleive how old babies in here are getting now. Me and chloe have our 6 week check tomorrow she will be 6weeks 2 days old :shock:

We had a few proper shots done of Chloe here are a few of the best
https://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae27/Mummy-2-be-2010/photos058.jpg
https://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae27/Mummy-2-be-2010/photos069.jpg
https://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae27/Mummy-2-be-2010/photos093.jpg

Aww Phillippa - gorgeous pictures! :cloud9:

BB - Yeah at this point, your little man probably still has his days/nights mixed up... but he'll get on track soon! Hang in there. :hugs:
And as for your tub, I have no idea. :shrug: I've never seen that before, sorry. :(

Ahhh I am so exhausted today. :( It's just hit me like a wall. I feel like I can barely function. I was falling asleep on the couch while my older daughter was climbing all over me... I just can't keep my eyes open.

Gorgeous pics Phillippa.

Have you managed to find a solution for your bath BB, what a nightmare, hope you can claim from the bleach company if not?! Does bleach go off?!

I was falling asleep on the couch while my older daughter was climbing all over me... I just can't keep my eyes open.

Our routines do sound v. similar and this made me laugh too, a regular occurance in our household at the mo! :rofl:

xxxxxxxx

Somehow the bath just faded? :shrug: It's now just grubby looking! Going to try white vinegar on it.

Been to Baby Group today with a girl I met at Antenatal, she had her baby boy 3 days after me. Tristan now weighs 10lb 5oz!! :shock: He is putting on so much weight, the Health Visitor is happy with his weight gain but it seems alot?

He was 6lb 7oz at birth then lost 1 oz in the first 5 days then he gained 20oz in 10 days then 20oz in 8 days and now 15oz in 10 days!! He weighs more than some babies who where bigger than him at birth and are older than him!!

wow that is impessive weight gain :)
frank was 6lbs4 at birth and is now 8lbs8 hehe

He's Breastfed so can't understand, thought formula fed babies gained more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->