****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

BB don't worry, my friend TigerLady's baby gained quite quickly too, it's just what some people do :thumbup: :)

Caitlyn was a fast weight gainer whereas Alden isn't...there's no such thing as gaining too fast :) :thumbup:

Caitlyn was huge but it was so lovely and cuddly. Then she really slimmed down and that was rather sad :rofl:

Hi, I never joined in the original group but I was in the pal section and my little one was born on october 14 and it would be nice to compare notes with other babies around the same age, if it's okay to just kinda hang around here.:blush:

He's Breastfed so can't understand, thought formula fed babies gained more?

He's a lucky boy, mommy must have 'gold top milk'! :rofl: Don't knock it its much more worrying when they're not putting on as Sophia wasn't until week 4 but now she's turning into a chunky little monkey! Have no idea how much she weighs now but seeing HV next week and have 6 wk check as she's 6 wks Mon, so i'll let you know! Don't know about you but I think their 'rolls' are v. cute! Bella never had any and I never knew what people meant when they said 'make sure you clean in all their creases' as she didn't have any! Now I know as Sophia has a fair few and they're adorable! :cloud9:

xxx

BB - Wow your little man is doing great! :D What an awesome weight gain!

Beaniebaby - I'm glad I'm not alone!!! I think I'm reaching the point where I could pass out anywhere, which is NOT like me! :haha: I usually take 20 minutes to fall asleep but having Alora has cured me of that!

My first daughter was formula fed and she definitely got pretty pudgy. Alora is a little piggy too, already downing 4-5oz at every feed... :shock: So I have a feeling she's going to be a pretty chunky baby as well! But once they get moving around, crawling, walking, etc... they lose it! Kyree is quite skinny now from being such a busy body.

Sophia's been having 5oz in her bottles at 'every' feed! :blush: She is still on 3 bottles of expressed breastmilk though as still not fully weaned her off and about 4 formula bottles. She's a lean mean feeding machine! Can't wait to find out what she weighs next wk!

xxx

:rofl: I know, either that or steroids!

We had a better night last night, I decided to try something different, I figured there was no way Tristan was hungry every hour that he woke up as he had only had a right good feed an hour before so last night he went to bed at 9 woke at 11.40 so I fed him, he then woke at 1.30 so instead of feeding him I gave him his dummy and he went straight back to sleep, he then woke at 3 so I fed him then he woke at 6 so fed him again, the then woke at 7.30 so gave him his dummy, he went back to sleep and we got up at 9 :)

Obviously he was using me as a dummy for comfort!

I'm hoping last night wasn't a one off, going to try it again tonight!

:rofl: I know, either that or steroids!!
:haha:

That's great you may have cracked the night feeding. I have recently introduced a dummy and am finding the same thing. I think when you're breastfeeding its so tempting to just whack them straight on the boob to settle them whether their hungry or not, as they often just want comfort, but with that comes milk which sometimes = discomfort/overfeeding for them! We made the same mistake with our daughter Bella who also had reflux, the last thing you want to be doing is giving them belly ache but its so easily done! Now that i'm just express and formula feeding I no longer have my boobs as a weapon :haha: so the dummy's been a godsend! Much better than making up a feed and then having to discard it after she's had an once as actually she just wanted to comfort suck!

Our nights are still pretty similar but Sophia did manage one 3.5 hr stint last night between 1am-4.20am which is progress. I'm really surprised that it doesn't seem to matter whether its my expressed milk or formula, she still tends to do pretty much the same. I am enjoying the fact she's more predictable in the day though, she goes bang on 3 hrs between feeds if she had EBM at her last feed and bang on 4 hrs if she had formula last. I am alternating at the moment. She tends to be more sicky on the EBM for some reason, not sure why.

She's 6 wks Mon so I think i'll drop another feed as expressing is still quite time consuming. Its amazing i've not fed her on the breast at all on the left side for 9 days now and on the right i've only fed her for 30 mins on there in the last 3 wks and I can still see where the cracks were! How can someone so small do such damage, she's almost deformed me on one side?! :rofl: It is breaking my heart sometimes though as she does look at me when I get the bottle out as if to say "....but mummy I can smell your milk"! She also keeps climbing down onto my boob in the hope i'll put her on. I can't go back now though, but maybe the sooner I wean her off completely the better as it will be less confusing for her!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree, soothers are life savers sometimes! :thumbup: I know with my first daughter, she used my boobs as a pacifier too and once I started using a soother, it was better. Alora doesn't take them all the time yet but she does sleep decently (3 hour stretches) so I haven't been using it at night that much... YET... but I do use it during the day when she fusses and acts hungry when it hasn't been long since her last feed. But once she gets to be 6 weeks or so, I will start using the soother at night to see if I can get her to drop another night time feed... since they do just like the comfort of sucking sometimes and don't always need the food!

And Beaniebaby, definitely sounds like we both having eating machines! Alora weighed 9lbs 2oz today when I saw my midwife! So in 3 weeks, she's 1lb 3oz above her birthweight! :shock:

:lol: Little fattys!! :D

My Hubby has been brilliant since we have had Tristan but one thing that is really annoying me is the fact he comes home from work, has tea then falls asleep on the sofa, I try to wake him up but always fail, he ends up coming to bed in the early hours when he wakes up. It's making me upset. I barely see him because he's always asleep. Last night was the first night we've gone to bed together in a long time but that's only because we where at a wedding reception. When we first had Tristan he said he wanted to bath and put him to bed each night but he doesn't do it coz he is always asleep. I end up doing it.

I feel so stupid because I'm sat here close to tears, it's Sunday afternoon and we are stuck in because he's fallen asleep AGAIN! I know he works hard but what about me? I look after Tristan all day and night and am up various times a night. I'm knackered but I don't nap! Why am I getting so upset about bloody sleep!!!?

bb, i snapped at my mum the other day i was at her house and she was napping on the sofa, i know there was no right for me to, but i just got annoyed that i am massively sleep deprived and dont nap because i cant, yet she was just napping out of lazyness.
i think its normal to get stressed when it comes to sleep though.

x

:lol: Little fattys!! :D

My Hubby has been brilliant since we have had Tristan but one thing that is really annoying me is the fact he comes home from work, has tea then falls asleep on the sofa, I try to wake him up but always fail, he ends up coming to bed in the early hours when he wakes up. It's making me upset. I barely see him because he's always asleep. Last night was the first night we've gone to bed together in a long time but that's only because we where at a wedding reception. When we first had Tristan he said he wanted to bath and put him to bed each night but he doesn't do it coz he is always asleep. I end up doing it.

I feel so stupid because I'm sat here close to tears, it's Sunday afternoon and we are stuck in because he's fallen asleep AGAIN! I know he works hard but what about me? I look after Tristan all day and night and am up various times a night. I'm knackered but I don't nap! Why am I getting so upset about bloody sleep!!!?

BB I could have written your post myself as I am having the same issue with my OH, infact I was just talking to him about it again this morning. I find it so frustrating that he is lying there asleep while I am trying to run around looking after 4 kids and trying to keeep on top of all the housework! I was trying to explain to him that his life hasn't changed at all since me having our LO, while on the otherhand I sat down to wrap christmas presents the other night and got one wrapped before Alexis started crying. Now you would think that while he was sitting there doing nothing he would have picked her up as I was doing someting but nope :nope: he left it to me and that was the christmas wrapping abandoned. It may sound trivial but I'm just trying to point out that I can't do something as simple as wrapping a few presents and he can do whatever he likes :shrug: xx

Oohh that would drive me nuts if my oh went to sleep! He already sleeps all night so screw that. Yea he works but my job is 24/7.

Oohh that would drive me nuts if my oh went to sleep! He already sleeps all night so screw that. Yea he works but my job is 24/7.

You see, this is entirely my point. I know he works but in my opinion what I do of a day is much harder and tiring than anything he does at work (he's a van driver) and like you say my job is a 24/7 job his isn't. Like I've said to him, I just can't fall asleep or take myself off to bed when I feel like it, even for me to have a shower is a military operation. Grrr, this is really a sore point with me just now. Wouldn't even be so bad if when he wasn't sleeping he was doing dishes or cooking dinner or tidying up or whatever but when he's awake he sits there playing on his playstation :dohh: I'm not saying he never takes Alexis because he does but only for short intervals and as soon as she starts crying he hands her back to me!! I told him this is what Aunties/Uncles etc are supposed to have the privelige (sp) of doing; handing her back, not her own father!! xx

hey all thought i would get on whilst shah is asleep. he is due a feed any time now so may not be a long one. Sorry to hear that the men are causing your trouble girls. Serenty, kick his arse into touch hun. I know i would i would be fuming. :hugs:
xxx

We just got back from Rose's first road trip! We drove about 3 hours to spend the weekend at my father's. She did wonderfully and slept the whole way! The only problem was her schedule was pretty mixed up and she was up all night every night! She would be wide awake and alert from evening till 5 or 6am! She would be starving and gassy and just couldn't settle. Needless to say I'm pretty tired right now! She was also having trouble pooing - going every 2 days instead of once a day like before. I hope being home helps her settle better again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->